Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 12:38 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I talked to my clinic today and she told me to eat more carbs today...she actually told me to eat a small amount of "junk" carbs. She okayed a bowl of cereal with skim milk for lunch, and an low carb tortilla with dinner tonight. She said neither of those things were going to make me gain my weight back or make me crave carbs again. Then tomorrow I go to a week one eatting plan (no cheese, no veggies, no fruit, only lean protein), and I go back in to see her on Monday for a weigh-in and we will see what I will do from there. I LOVE my clinic!!!!!!! I am feeling so excited about this program, and my plan again. I needed this little jump start, and my doctor was just so encoraging explain that small amounts of carbs weren't going to hurt me as long as I don't go overboard and get right back on plan. She sees people actually loose more weight, when they have a splurge and get right back on plan, than those who are 100% on plan all of the time. But she said some people can't get back on plan so it's not recommened for everyone.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2010, 08:31 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
I talked to my clinic today and she told me to eat more carbs today...she actually told me to eat a small amount of "junk" carbs. She okayed a bowl of cereal with skim milk for lunch, and an low carb tortilla with dinner tonight. She said neither of those things were going to make me gain my weight back or make me crave carbs again. Then tomorrow I go to a week one eatting plan (no cheese, no veggies, no fruit, only lean protein), and I go back in to see her on Monday for a weigh-in and we will see what I will do from there. I LOVE my clinic!!!!!!! I am feeling so excited about this program, and my plan again. I needed this little jump start, and my doctor was just so encoraging explain that small amounts of carbs weren't going to hurt me as long as I don't go overboard and get right back on plan. She sees people actually loose more weight, when they have a splurge and get right back on plan, than those who are 100% on plan all of the time. But she said some people can't get back on plan so it's not recommened for everyone.

What your doctor says is actually correct. It happenned to me. Those 3 times or so that I strayed off the plan and then went back on week 1 diet (nobody told me about this trick, I was just so upset after those incidents that I "punished" myself by week 1diet), the following weeks I had a greater weight loss. I guess the key is self-control. Good luck - you will be successful!
irabeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:29 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Thank you so much! If anything having this "free" day followed by 3 days of week one, until my Monday appt, has at least given me a "plan" that I feel great about and has totally changed my attitude. I think I was just in a rut that I feel like I am working my way out of. I have a renewed attitude today. Thanks so much for all the encouragment that I have gotten here.
lins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:17 AM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jeffrey
Stats: 211/170/160 5'9"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 5/25/2010
This past weekend I ate some Pizza and felt really bad about it. At my clinic visit they said that this could end up being really good for me and they expected to see a more significant weight loss this coming week. They said that a 'cheat' can boost your metabolism back up so that you burn more calories each day, though they said the cheat should only be once a month. So, that made me feel much better about having cheated a bit.
Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:52 AM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: taw62
Stats: HT.5'5" SW 185/CW 153/GW 140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 3/10/10 (Medi 6/10/10)
Thank you all for this info - very helpful! I have been making great progress through week six on Medi - sticking to week one meal plan and not cheating once (even on vacation - that was tough!). This week I am remaining about the same as my weigh in last week (flutuated up/down 1/2 lb last four days).

Going to try everyone's suggestion to 'cheat' a little and see how it goes - can't hurt at this point !

Thanks again!
taw62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 03:38 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 20, 2010
Out out out of the plateau! 161.8 at the clinic today. On my home scale I am 160.5. I have to be at or below 160 by Saturday. Whoop, 2 more lbs and I will be less than I have weighed since I was 19 and that was 15 yrs ago.
SonoRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:04 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonoRoo View Post
Out out out of the plateau! 161.8 at the clinic today. On my home scale I am 160.5. I have to be at or below 160 by Saturday. Whoop, 2 more lbs and I will be less than I have weighed since I was 19 and that was 15 yrs ago.
totally off subject, but, Shelley...I don't know what part of Texas you live in but someone came into my work the other day and donated some dog supplies and her name was Shelley and I overheard that she had a Basenji. I remembered you saying that you had a (or some) Basenjis. That wasn't you? Was it? Is that weird to ask? Haha, I just thought it was a funny coincedence.
Charlene4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:01 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Nah, not weird at all. I don't live in Dallas. I am in Corpus Christi. I have now 3 basenjis and a half basenji, all fixed, all rescues. It is quite a coincidence though.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:04 AM   #39
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 198/174/145
WOE: MEDI
Start Date: July 2010
plateau... metformin

Since my last visit I haven't lost ANYTHING according to my scale. I have been following the diet perfectly?!? This is so frustrating. I feel like perhaps I am just bloated, but I have no proof that is the case. My ketones have been around the large range every night, so I just don't know why I haven't lost any weight.

Last visit my Dr. put me on Metformin. She said that should help me be able to eat fruit on this diet without putting me out of Ketosis. Has anyone else's Dr. done that? Do you think that could be why I haven't lost any weight this week?

Just wondering...?
goodbyesaccharide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:37 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

What about your printout? Have you lost body fat or gained water?

I've been hovering around 161 for two weeks. Really frustrating. Took a diuretic since my water weight was up so much and have been drinking a ton of water and finally the weight/water has started coming off. I was 157.6 this morning. Going to D.C. end of this week and really terrified about what I will eat when there. One night for sure will be some of the best indian food on the planet.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:16 AM   #41
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shaykinumoff
Stats: 172/154/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/29/10
Week 2 plateau?

Ok, so I originally started Medi on June 29th of this year at a starting weight of 172. I got down to 164 by my 2nd visit. Unfortunately, had some financial issues and couldn't return to the clinic. So I decided to just do it @ home until I could afford to go back. So I got down to 158.8 on my own, then fell off the wagon after a "celebrating getting into the 150's" diner. I gained back 10lbs. I started back again @ home on 8/16/10 @ 169 and today I am down to 157.0 which is great, but I haven't lost anything in the last 3 days. (I find that weighing myself daily helps me stay motivated and makes me feel good, like instant gratification) So for the last 3 days I have eaten the same, staying @ around 500 cal. But honestly I never really did a whole lot of exercise. I'm always running around and have a 2 year old so I am always feeling like I have 0 energy. So, I guess my question is, how do I speed up the loss again? I'm sure I need to exercise, but is this normal to stall out so quickly? I guess I just need a little advice. I don't want to get discouraged and fall back off. Thanks so much!
shaykinumoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:31 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Ok, quick update since I have been gone. I am still on MWL, still doing well. Weight loss is slow for me but not because of the diet. I have not been exercising like I should because my job has taken over my life. I have been on call non-stop because we only have one pen call tech and she let her cpr lapse so the hospital won't let her work and since she is working a temp job she is ok with that leaving us to work 24/7. I am exhausted and I have been eating odd hours. I have not stuck as closely to the diet as I should have. I have had good weight losses the last two weeks but only water weight. My fat weight has gone up slightly. I have a sinking feeling that my weight loss today will probably not be great and may even be a gain. It makes me unhappy but I understand exactly why. I am extremely tired and I have brrn loathe to leave my position in the hospital but I am applying for a new position in an outpatient imaging clinic with the possibility of just taking call to continue my work with neonates and pregnant moms.

I know I will be disappointed with my results this week, but I am struggling to get back on track. My 35th birthday is tomorrow and my hubby leaves back for South Korea for the month, so maybe without all the distractions I can get back on track.

Do Over Mini Goal: at or below 160 before May
Old 09-09-2010, 05:19 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
A week ago today I bought a big 2L bottle of REGULAR soda by mistake, and drank 2 BIG glasses of it. Of course that threw me out of ketosis, so I decided to use that day as a "cheat" day (The regular soda was the only thing I consumed that wasn't on program), and start back back on Week 1 the next day. I stayed on protein only for 2.5 days then had a serving of veggies. I was barely in ketosis after that. Yet I felt I was losing, and really expected to see a loss of 4 pounds! Well, I lost but only 2 pounds! So yesterday I had more salad than allowed and even a little peanutbutter last night. I did that all on purpose so I could "jump start" my weight loss again. I have to say I was HUNGRY all day today, but stuck to week 1 (protein only) today, and plain water with only 1 diet cola for the caffeine. I'll stick to this for 3 days then IF i'm in ketosis I'll move up on the program in hopes of a bigger loss next week

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Mary T8M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:51 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
:blush:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonoRoo View Post
Ok, quick update since I have been gone. I am still on MWL, still doing well. Weight loss is slow for me but not because of the diet. I have not been exercising like I should because my job has taken over my life. I have been on call non-stop because we only have one pen call tech and she let her cpr lapse so the hospital won't let her work and since she is working a temp job she is ok with that leaving us to work 24/7. I am exhausted and I have been eating odd hours. I have not stuck as closely to the diet as I should have. I have had good weight losses the last two weeks but only water weight. My fat weight has gone up slightly. I have a sinking feeling that my weight loss today will probably not be great and may even be a gain. It makes me unhappy but I understand exactly why. I am extremely tired and I have brrn loathe to leave my position in the hospital but I am applying for a new position in an outpatient imaging clinic with the possibility of just taking call to continue my work with neonates and pregnant moms.

I know I will be disappointed with my results this week, but I am struggling to get back on track. My 35th birthday is tomorrow and my hubby leaves back for South Korea for the month, so maybe without all the distractions I can get back on track.
Happy birthday! I had the same thing happen lately. I decided to go into transition because I am a healthy BMI and everything and I just really want to decrease my fat and clothing size....not so concerned about the number right now. I went into transition (two weeks ago) and have maintained within .5lb of when I started BUT my fat went up one pound and my water went down .5lb. I wonder why...but I think it's because, like you, my job has been extremely LIFE CONSUMING lately. I have been working out still but I have to push aside other things to do so and so I am ridden with guilt about that and I find myself "stress nibbling" on things I shouldn't and I have eaten sugary sweets three freakin' time in two weeks which is a huge trigger and no-no for me....as a sugar addict in recovery. I feel like, right now, I am probably up a couple pounds because, on top of work and life, I have been sick and on medications which I think are causing me some side effects. I hope to at least show that I can maintain when I go back next Friday. It's times like these where it's really hard to keep your eye on the prize.

maintenance
Charlene4 is offline   Reply With Quote