Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2010, 07:34 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: vriollano
Medi Weightloss Without The Clinic

Is is possible to see similar results on this diet without the shots, etc.. that comes along with the clinic? I am wondering because I was able to attain all the information for the first 12 weeks and have gotten no response from the Medi Clinic in my area I have tried to contact more than once. There is a lady at my church that followed the diet only and has lost 27 pounds over the past two months without exercise. Anyone have any ideas on this? Also does the clinic take insurance (Tricare)?
vriollano is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2010, 07:40 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
I would imagine that it is possible, and if you are not getting any response from a clinic near you, try calling another one for answers or try the corporate office. It is a medically supervised program for many many reasons. And exercise is a key element to the program as well.

It really is a major lifestyle change and that is why it is best attempted with the clinic for advice and counsel.

Some insurance is accepted, some is not. Take a look at the main website for the program:

Medical Weight Loss Clinic - Physician-Supervised Weight Loss - Medi-Weightloss Clinics

Jo
Old 06-20-2010, 08:09 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindsey H
Stats: 186.4/177.2/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 28, 2010
ins is not accepted .. but they do take flexible spending accts ... you may have to have the dr write a medical neccessity letter but my FSA was accepted
Lindsey H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:10 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nsjx
Stats: 203.5/159/159 - maintenance
WOE: medi
Start Date: April 17, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by vriollano View Post
Is is possible to see similar results on this diet without the shots, etc.. that comes along with the clinic? I am wondering because I was able to attain all the information for the first 12 weeks and have gotten no response from the Medi Clinic in my area I have tried to contact more than once. There is a lady at my church that followed the diet only and has lost 27 pounds over the past two months without exercise. Anyone have any ideas on this? Also does the clinic take insurance (Tricare)?
I have been doing Medi on my own for the past 8 weeks and lost 28 lbs. No shots or anything just vitamins, b12 etc. that I take. I learn alot from this board and incorporate as I go along. I have high blood pressure so I cannot take the AS or fat burners etc. I do exercise because I have always exercised about 3-4 times per week. It is important to keep your body toned.
nsjx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:33 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
I would imagine with the right willpower it is possible. For me personally I need to go for the accountability and for the meds, but once I am wheaned off the meds (which is soon) I am going to start going every other week.
Ortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:17 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: taw62
Stats: HT.5'5" SW 185/CW 153/GW 140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 3/10/10 (Medi 6/10/10)
It is definitely an individual thing - you have to know yourself. I've done Atkins on my own in the past very successfully (modified to include lofat & localorie foods, which is very similar to Medi). This time around it wasn't working for me though.

With Medi I am having success. I do not take the injections, nor do I take the fat burners. I believe the diet plan is working because the Phentermine RX keeps me from being hungry all the time. That makes a BIG difference. I'm not even tempted by hi carb, sugary foods, which I am truly addicted to otherwise.

Following any very restrictive diet plan without the Phentermine may be doable, but for me it is the sole reason for going to the clinic each week.

Just one person's pespective, but hope it helps.

Tracey
taw62 is offline   Reply With Quote