Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 08:50 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Maria93
Stats: 189.5/162/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2 July 2009
Breast Feeding while on Medi

About a year ago I started Medi Weight Loss and had awesome results. I went overseas back in October so I had to stop the program. I got back in Feb and did gain a few lbs. I actuall gained 7lbs back. I was exercisng so I assumed it must of been muscle. Any ways back in March I found out I was pregnant. I am a little over 18weeks now and since and have gained about 11lbs during this pregnancy. I am terrified. The instead of morning sickness I was hungry all the time it has finally gone away thank god. My plan is start medi back up after the baby is born.

I guess my quesiton is it safe to Breast Feed while on Medi?
Maria93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2010, 09:13 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nsjx
Stats: 203.5/159/159 - maintenance
WOE: medi
Start Date: April 17, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria93 View Post
About a year ago I started Medi Weight Loss and had awesome results. I went overseas back in October so I had to stop the program. I got back in Feb and did gain a few lbs. I actuall gained 7lbs back. I was exercisng so I assumed it must of been muscle. Any ways back in March I found out I was pregnant. I am a little over 18weeks now and since and have gained about 11lbs during this pregnancy. I am terrified. The instead of morning sickness I was hungry all the time it has finally gone away thank god. My plan is start medi back up after the baby is born.

I guess my quesiton is it safe to Breast Feed while on Medi?
No I don't think it is since you need extra calories to produce milk for the baby. If you don't have sufficient calories you won't produce as much and by the constant demand from the baby you may put yourself at risk for malnutrition if you are not replenishing. You need more calories breastfeeding than when you are pregnant. Wait till after you wean the baby before going on a low calorie diet. I am sure your doctor will tell you the same thing.
nsjx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:32 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
The best source for information on this subject is your OB/Gyn.

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 05:23 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
You should ask but I definitely wouldn't expect a yes in this situation. I did Weight Watchers while I nursed my son and the point requirement was really high. What if you did something like that? Whole grains are really important in keeping your supply up. Plus, I can't imagine ketones being a good thing for the baby.
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:41 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 20, 2010
The breast milk will not be as fatty as needed for the baby either with the fat and calorie restriction. I would think you are not only at risk of malnutrition yourself, but the baby would be as well. Breastfeeding itself tends to limit weight gain in women who are eating sensibly. As long as you are eating healthy, not restricting a huge amount and not gorging either, the situation should be self limiting. Just follow a healthy way of eating while breast feeding and the start MWL back up after you stop. The breast milk is healthier for your baby (it gives them protective antibodies they wouldn't otherwise have) and you will both benefit in the long run.

Do Over Mini Goal: at or below 160 before May
SonoRoo is offline   Reply With Quote