Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2010, 04:41 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: With Gratitude
Stats: Start: 188 / 180.0 / 120 / Goal dress size: 4-6
WOE: MediWeightLoss Clinics
Start Date: 6/9/10
Day 4 and 5?

Hi everyone,
I just started MWL on Wed 6/9 so I'm on my 3rd day now. Yesterday I had a bunch of happy energy like crazy and did great (even had an incredibly active day which I haven't for a long, long time) but today, I'm not lethargic but a bit more tired.

My question is, how bad are the "BAD" days? I'm dreading it as it's over the weekend and I may have my kids alone if hubby has to work. I do have chicken broth and am drinking 1/2 cup per day and I'm getting my water in (I was told to get anywhere from 64-128oz per day)...yesterday I got 101oz in and I'll do the same today; I'm also drinking a minimum of 16 oz of an electrolyte drink (Smart Water).

I'm prone to headaches and migraines so I'm a bit nervous about day 4 & 5 which I was told can be more difficult since your glycogen levels have been depleted by then...

How did you all handle the 'hard' days and what were your symptoms?

Lastly, is the shot area (B12 & B1 / B6) normal to be still a BIT tender? It's not sore but if I push on it or bump against it, I can feel where I got the shot.
Today was in my arm and just B12 and it's not sore at all.
Thanks!
With Gratitude is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2010, 06:41 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SLCDragon
Stats: 351/283/225
WOE: Medi
Start Date: May 20 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by With Gratitude View Post
Hi everyone,
I just started MWL on Wed 6/9 so I'm on my 3rd day now. Yesterday I had a bunch of happy energy like crazy and did great (even had an incredibly active day which I haven't for a long, long time) but today, I'm not lethargic but a bit more tired.

My question is, how bad are the "BAD" days? I'm dreading it as it's over the weekend and I may have my kids alone if hubby has to work. I do have chicken broth and am drinking 1/2 cup per day and I'm getting my water in (I was told to get anywhere from 64-128oz per day)...yesterday I got 101oz in and I'll do the same today; I'm also drinking a minimum of 16 oz of an electrolyte drink (Smart Water).

I'm prone to headaches and migraines so I'm a bit nervous about day 4 & 5 which I was told can be more difficult since your glycogen levels have been depleted by then...

How did you all handle the 'hard' days and what were your symptoms?

Lastly, is the shot area (B12 & B1 / B6) normal to be still a BIT tender? It's not sore but if I push on it or bump against it, I can feel where I got the shot.
Today was in my arm and just B12 and it's not sore at all.
Thanks!
The bad days were just a headache for me, some advil took care of that no problem

As for the shot, yes it is a tender for a few days after for me as well, nothing to worry about!

I hope you are enjoying the diet! It works wonders. I'm just ended my third week and have lost 30lbs !
SLCDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 07:13 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Welcome to the group! Take a good look around at all the threads and you will find many of your questions answered. Take a peek aT the thread below also for lots of tips and helps for this program.

Good luck!

Welcome Newbies! Helpful info for week 1.

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 07:28 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I am a stay at home mom and so I had my kids home alone with me on days 4 and 5 which were the worst two days but they weren't that bad. I took advil for the headache, drank tons of water and just didn't get that much done those day. I pretty much just read and watched TV (normally I am pretty active, and busy). I felt blah but it wasn't nearly as bad as I had expected it to be. And sure enough I felt better soon after and have felt amazing ever since. I think the chicken broth, electrolytes, and water really help. And just take it from those of us a few weeks down the line......it's totally worth it, this program does work!

And yes I got my shots on Wednesday and I can still feel the place where I got it. It does hurt for a few days.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:44 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Thank you all for taking the time to respond to me. I'm relieved to hear that you all also experience a bit of tenderness in the shot area. I was worried if perhaps it's getting infected or something (NO discoloration or anything odd - just a tag sore).

A HUUGE THANK YOU for telling me that the program really does work. Day 1, my appt was in the afternoon so I had to fast so I wasn't surprised that I didn't feel too well & lacked energy. Day 2, I was SO happy that maybe this is how I'd feel on the diet :-).
Today is a bit harder and honestly, I started wondering what I got myself into so I started to get worried about tomorrow. Congrats to you all for losing weight! I HOPE that I am that successful too!! I HAVE TO, HAVE TO, HAVE TO see weight loss at my weigh in or I'm worried that I'll have a hard time sticking with it.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:47 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Desert-Rose 7, Thank you. I have started to read that thread but can't seem to get through it all in one sitting then will try to find my place again and recall what page /thread certain info was on. I am trying to get through it though :-).

I think I'm going to simmer an entire carton of organic, free range, low sodium broth and make 2 different flavors for the weekend...maybe some rosemary, thyme, parsley in one...maybe lemon zest, lemon juice and parsley in the other...