Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 03:56 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KadyC
Stats: 215/184/130
WOE: medi
Start Date: May 28
Week 2 with questions

Okay, I had my first weigh in today and lost 10 pounds! woo hoo boy, was I thrilled. Now that my "rushed" meeting with the nutritionist is long gone, I have questions... so I thought I would come to the experts!

I am on the medi weightloss plan and I can now have veggies and dairy, so in checking labels and recipes, it makes me wonder... what am I aiming to be under carbwise and fatwise? No one said, "keep it under 10 carbs a day" or "eat only items with 0 fat." Is there a magic number? Is it more important to have low carbs and no fat? Or should I be aiming for almost no carbs and a little bit of fat? I'm sooo confused!! Help??

Kady
May 28 - 215
June 4 - 205
KadyC is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2010, 07:06 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I was told less than 20 carbs a day, but they have never said anything about fat grams. But I have learned that each clinic is different so I would call and ask them what the "rule" is for you. I try to stick to the lower fat items as much as possible, but every once in awhile I'll have something with a higher fat, and it doesn't bother me. Just pay attention to your body, and check to make sure your in ketosis. Some people tolerate more carbs than others, and some people can have more fat than others. Just write down what you eat so that you can look back on high loss weeks, and lower loss weeks and see if you can see what made a difference. It just kind of takes time.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:46 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindsey H
Stats: 186.4/177.2/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 28, 2010
I am also in week 2 no one said anything about dairy . just 20 grams of carbs. I guess they did tell me I could have cheese but only certain kinds . I lost 9.2lbs the first week and the doc said next week my clothes will start fitting loose ! I am sooo excited ! I made a protein shake last night using soy milk , the powder, and 2 nice sized strawberries . It was pretty yummy ... I wasnt told I could use milk so I tried the Soy instead. The protein powder w water doesnt taste very good to me .
Lindsey H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:41 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
This is a new mindset - fat isn't bad. Don't even pay attention to it. You will naturally be choosing lower fat items because lower calories pretty much translates into lower fat. Like Lins said though - don't go over 20g carbs a day. I normally stayed around 10g carbs and 500-600 calories of protein with the 2 servings of vegs/fruit in addition to that. I know the info can be kind of confusing!
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:53 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KadyC
Stats: 215/184/130
WOE: medi
Start Date: May 28
What about these veggie slices? are they okay? they don't seem to be "cheese" and they don't have carbs... do I assume they are okay as protein? (i hope so, cause I think I'm in love with them).
KadyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 12:54 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by KadyC View Post
What about these veggie slices? are they okay? they don't seem to be "cheese" and they don't have carbs... do I assume they are okay as protein? (i hope so, cause I think I'm in love with them).
I am only on week three but I have eaten the veggie slices (cheddar flavor) since the start. I did ask at my clinic and they said they were fine. They have less calories than a regular cheese slice. I am also a vegetarian so they told me I could eat this or regular cheese (moderately) from week 1 so I made sure to get enough protein calories.
Charlene4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:30 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cristiansmom
Stats: 296.5/286.5/160ish
WOE: Low Carbs/Med Protein
Start Date: September 24, 2012
I will have to try those vegi slices... They sound good...
My clinic say's from week 2 on to keep it under 25 carbs a day.. 500-600 calories in protein still and then the 2 cups vegi (don't count them in the 500-600 calories)

Have you tried the Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze?? It's 40 calories a cup and only 2 carbs!! I use this to make my protein shakes in the morning! They are great with it!! I get mine at Super Walmart!
cristiansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:43 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristiansmom View Post
I will have to try those vegi slices... They sound good...
My clinic say's from week 2 on to keep it under 25 carbs a day.. 500-600 calories in protein still and then the 2 cups vegi (don't count them in the 500-600 calories)

Have you tried the Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze?? It's 40 calories a cup and only 2 carbs!! I use this to make my protein shakes in the morning! They are great with it!! I get mine at Super Walmart!
I just discovered the vanilla one. I had been using the plain unsweetened but definately prefer the vanilla.....and it's the same calories as the plain. I use that instead of water on the protein shakes and recently started freezing it so I don't have to crush up so much ice. Yum.
Charlene4 is offline   Reply With Quote