Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 11:18 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
*.*Jump into June with MWL*.*

The song says: "June is busting out all over". Not with this group....we are losing pounds and inches...and working our exercise routines. Let's get out in the sunshine and walk, jump into the pool and swim! Make it a great jumping off point for our summer!

YOU can DO this!

Jo

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2010, 05:05 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
Hey everyone...happy June! I had a great May and I really hope to breal into the 150s in the next few weeks, I dont remember the last time I was there. I REALLY didnt have the best weekend and the scale at home registered a slgiht gain. I had a low cal but large-volume dinner last night and I hope that it 'sitting in my system' is what accounts for the gain.

Ive been drinking water like crazy and hope it helps me flush out. Have a phenom day everyone
Old 06-01-2010, 06:02 AM   #3
kka
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kka
Stats: 195/182/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: May 13 2010
I'm just starting week 3 today. I don't post much but check the site every day for inspiration and answers to questions I don't think to ask at the clinic. I never had the "HUGE" weightloss I've seen many people have in week 1, i.e. 10 - 12 pounds. However, after two weeks I'm down 13 pounds and pretty happy about that. I have never lost 13 pounds in two weeks, or two months for that matter. So I'm pleased with the program. I have found that I almost have to force myself to eat to get in my calories some days. I just don't have that craving for food all the time, and particularly the need to snack all day. Thanks to all the veterans for your constant support and encouragement!!
Old 06-01-2010, 08:37 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Well I had a vacation of some sorts. This weekend was filled with drinking (but not water!), over eating, and nibbles of things I should have stayed far away from. I registered a SIX pound gain in 2 days. It almost makes me laugh, it's so absurd. That's ok though - back to protein to reboot. Easy peasy.

Hope everyone has a fantastical day.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:56 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

you know how I know this diet is sticking? Yesterday I was eating some guac (home made, no tomatoes) and using my chip as a spoon, but not actually eatting the chip... it made contact with my mouth and I wasnt tempted to eat it
Old 06-01-2010, 09:06 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Hello people..time for me to say a few words yet again.

MINDSET, COMMITMENT, MAJOR LIFESTYLE CHANGE.

Your mindset MUST change. You MUST make the commitment to yourself for a healthier you, and you MUST make this major lifestyle change if you expect to be successful.

I have read way too many situations where "cheating" is just another normal thing to do when things get hard. Well, I am here to tell you this lifestyle change you have embarked upon is just that - a lifestyle change. You must learn to look at food as fuel to help your body function. Food is quite simply an addiction for some people, as surely as smoking, drugs, sex and other addictive behaviors. You need to learn that some things just are not going to be included in your food plan anymore. And that is a decision you must make for yourself. This program is NOT a magic bullet, or a quick fix, or a way to get ready for bathing suit season. You are making a commitment to yourself for a better healthier life.

Food is not your comfort, it is your denial mechanism. No one is perfect and slips are a fact of life, but you can really work at facing your addiction and your dependence upon food and find a way of dealing with your demons without food. You have to face what it is that makes you want to eat, as it surely cannot be hunger. And the amount of 128 oz of water is there for a reason. Make sure that you are getting it all in. Cut back on the soda (diet or otherwise) and caffeine. Water is what will make the difference. Try SmartWater - or the Trader Joe equivalent - try PowerAde Zero and Sobe Life Water 0 instead of the soda. But get that water in. It is a necessity.

This program is not easy, and I see some incredible examples of people working the program daily with great success. There are several of us who all began around the same time who are successfully working maintenance. I see some people working the program now just as hard as we did, but I see far more who are calling it a diet - which is something that is transitory - something to get over with and out of the way. This program will become your way of life. You will not be deprived, you will really learn how to work through issues that cause you to believe you must eat something NOW. The key is commitment, and you will not be truly successful without it.

Exercise is a component of that commitment. There surely are a lot reasons and excuses I see in here, and I also see people who work so hard and exercise as they should. I wish everyone would commit and be successful, but realistically I do not see this happening. I have watched a lot of people rush in and then just as quickly fall away. This program is hard but it most definitely is the one that works. It gives you the tools you need to be successful. All you have to do is reach out, and take them and make them yours.

Again, I am not trying to be mean or hurtful, although some may take it that way. I simply hope that people wake up and smell the roses. Take this opportunity to get your life and your weight under control. And, as I have said before: this is YOUR life, YOUR choice, YOUR money. YOU can DO this.

Time for me to head out for my 6 mile walk before it gets tooooo hot.

Jo
Old 06-01-2010, 09:32 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nsjx
Stats: 203.5/159/159 - maintenance
WOE: medi
Start Date: April 17, 2010
I love romaine lettuce. I can have two cups in one sitting (usually lunchtime) and 1 cup broccoli for dinner - that's where most of my carbs comes from. Everything else is 500-600 protein. My question is can you have too much romaine lettuce. I checked and the cal and carbs are very low. It really fills me up and since I am not on the AS I was wondering if 2 cups at one sitting is too much?
Old 06-01-2010, 10:06 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Azurro
Stats: 229.2/193.8/160
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 2010
hi all--
I am going for my fourth weigh in on thursday. So far I am down 18.4lbs. I cant believe that!
It was a crazy weekend with three parties in a row. I did really well however, lately I have been craving chocolate and popcorn ( not together) like mad. I am trying not to use splenda, or aspartame--- they leave such an awful taste in my mouth...I bought the Waldens choc dip.. It was awful... I have the choc protein but, unfortunately I do not like it.. Any suggestions.. My clinic def said no to popcorn so.. any suggestions would be great..thanks all
Old 06-01-2010, 10:23 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Azurro have you tried the Adkins Endulage bars?....check the package. They would help with a chocolate craving. I love them and they really hit the spot when I need something quick, or chocolate.

I am excited for June. I am 4lbs away from the goal (140's) I set to reach by my birthday (June 23rd), so I have 3 weeks to lose 4.5lbs. I know that is totally possible with Medi. I am also up to running 2 miles, 3 times a week now which is amazing to me. I love this program!
Old 06-01-2010, 12:33 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sweedei
Stats: 194/156/140 (5'4")
Start Date: May 6, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
Well I had a vacation of some sorts. This weekend was filled with drinking (but not water!), over eating, and nibbles of things I should have stayed far away from. I registered a SIX pound gain in 2 days. It almost makes me laugh, it's so absurd. That's ok though - back to protein to reboot. Easy peasy.

Hope everyone has a fantastical day.
My weekend sounds much like your weekend. I had a 4 pound gain. Back to strict adherence. What happened!? Lesson is certainly learned. Not worth it. Back on track today. Gym- here I come!
Old 06-01-2010, 12:48 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweedei View Post
Lesson is certainly learned. Not worth it. Back on track today. Gym- here I come!
Exactly. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius

Great day so far - renewed commitment - feeling pretty good. My husband is the best at keeping my perfectionism at bay. "Checks and balances" is what he says. I let my head swell with being so close to maintenance and I let myself slide. Lesson learned for sure. It's always going to be a battle when addicted to food and the sooner I realize that, the better.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:55 PM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sweedei
Stats: 194/156/140 (5'4")
Start Date: May 6, 2010
Since I was a bit out of touch over the weekend, I did not get a chance to post regarding the C25K discussions during the month of May threads. However, during my vacation I was researching the program and reviewing music for my ipod. I did a 5K in February- mostly walking- but so excited to accomplish it nonetheless. I have it as my goal to do one in August. So I have a Nike thingy to put in my laces to callibrate tonight. I will try it that way. I really have it as my goal to at least improve my time from February. Whether I run the entire thing- well, that will be a goal for the next one. I am excited about doing a 5K a month starting in August. I have a 5k written in on my calendar going until December. Something to shoot for!!! But since I must be and continue to be active, I figured this is a good way to commit to it- sign up for 5K each month. Reward myself in 5K t-shirts and endorphines. Any other Central Florida training runners out there?
week 5: 177.8 (-3.4)
week 6: 176.4 (-1.4) & up 3 in body water
week 7: 172.6 (-3.8) Total -22#
Old 06-01-2010, 03:01 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

I am a central Florida runner. I live in Polk County. I am currently running about 2 miles at a time (without stopping), 3 times a week. I run the first 2 miles and then run/walk the rest of the time to make up about 45 minutes. I do the 2 miles in about 25 minutes now. I ran a 5K last year in 37 minutes, I'd really like to improve on that time soon. But I'm a stay at home mom to 3 active kids, and a busy summer so it's hard to find a weekend to do a 5K.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:08 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
Start Date: 2/10/10
I have a quick question - I saw a post not too long ago about supplements we can buy a little cheaper than at the clinic. I'm wondering if anyone has found any replacement Omega supplements that they like. There's several Medi products I'm dedicated to, but does the omega really make that much difference? Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 06-01-2010, 04:42 PM   #15
kka
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kka
Stats: 195/182/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: May 13 2010
Lea,

I was searching for the post on supplements too and came across a post from Fit2010 (hope you don't mind me copying it). Not sure if it's the same post you recall reading or not, but maybe it will help.

She said she takes 1 each day in the AM:

Member's Mark "Fish, Flaxseed, Borage, Safflower Complex/1200mg softgel" (has Omega 3,6,9)
Nature Made "Liquid softgel Multi for her 50+ w/calcium"
Finest "CoQ-10 softgel"
Kroger "2000 I.U. Vit D softgel"
Usually also take a vit B + C tablet also
and 1 calcium chew (it's my pretend tootsie roll daily!)

I also take 1 to 2 of the Medi Fat Burner tablets daily and 1 to 2 of the appetite suppressants.

Fit2010, if you happen to read this, could you tell me where you get your supplements and if you take these in lieu of the supplements provided at the clinic (except the fat burner of course). I'm also in Kansas so I figure wherever you get your supplements I should be able to get to as well. Thanks
Old 06-01-2010, 05:16 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

I really think that the omegas, calcium, and multi are the most important. I notice a big difference in my skin and hair when I start skimping on the omegas in particular!

I buy the Cooper brand ones from Albertsons. They're very high quality so not that affordable so not all that affordable.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:22 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
Start Date: 2/10/10
kka - thanks for the information. I might try to hit Dillons or Walmart tomorrow and do a little shopping. I did find something yesterday, but there were actually 15 calories per Omega capsule. I thought that sounded really high!!

Weigh in tomorrow! I don't think this has been a big loss week for me. But I'll take anything I can get.

Last edited by tydreamer; 06-01-2010 at 05:23 PM..
Old 06-01-2010, 05:27 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cjbee
Stats: 216.6/179/150
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: mar 17 2010
Hi all -I haven't been here in a while. I am still rolling downhill with my punds. I weighed at 179 last Friday and am now in size 10's! I started March 17 at 216. Do I cheat? well not really, but I do have treats. I just pick low carb treats that fit into my total carb allotment. I do this very rarely because treats are ok sometimes, but I have to get in all those vitamins from fruits and veggies. I feel great! I can tell I am eating healthy becasue of my energy levels, skin, hair. It is a wonderful thing! I cheated and weighed at home today and I was at 177 My goal is 150 so I am over halfway there! I hope everyone has a great June and takes advantage of the swimming to get that workout.

CJ
Old 06-01-2010, 06:18 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kristenb
Stats: Ht: 5'2" 187.7/154.8/135
Start Date: 01/06/2010
Omegas

I found omegas at Sams Club that were from Flax Seed instead of fish/fish oil. I like them better because I don't get the nasty fishy burps, but they definitely help my hair and skin. I would definitely recommend them.

On the plus side, I have less than 20 pounds to go!! I have lost over 43 so far! My weight loss has definitely been slower because I have modified the program to fit my needs, but I am ok with that. For me, if I had stressed myself out everytime I didn't follow the program to a "T" I never would have stuck with it. By making a few concessions and understanding I would lose slower, I have been completely happy sticking with "my" program, and I have lost every single week.

I think it is important that everyone make a lifestyle change, but at the same time we each need to make the change that will work for us in the long run. One program isn't going to work for every person. It will "work" in that it will be successful initially, but if a person can't stick with it, then it won't really be successful. I think I am rambling a bit, but I hope some of that made sense!
Old 06-01-2010, 06:55 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Does anyone have a problem with dizziness? I did a few weeks ago and talked to the clinic and they DR said it sounded like I had inner ear problems that had nothing to do with Medi, but again today I am horribly dizzy. Sometimes the room just spends like crazy and my head hurts. Maybe it is my ears, but I've had ear aches before and never had this happen. It's getting really frustrating.

I go for week 8 weigh-in tomorrow, but AF should be here tomorrow too, so I am not expecting huge numbers. I'm kind of cranky tonight, but did not cheat at all this week so I am feeling good about that. I'm off to get a good nights sleep, hopefully.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:59 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

WHEW I am back to 134 after just 1 day of protein and more water. So relieved!!!
Old 06-02-2010, 05:18 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Yes I have always had problems with dizziness and the strict diet made it worse.... I drink a lot of chicken broth and powerade zero and that seems to help.

Weigh in tonight... dunno what to expect.... hope for a 2# loss ... then can go head on into the weekend.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:27 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 20, 2010
Woke up today and weighed and I am finally in the 170's!!! 179 to be exact, but I made my first mini-goal and I am ecstatic! I like this program because I am accountable by weekly weigh ins and I have to pay for it. And to be honest, I am way too cheap to waste $70/week and not get something out of it. Awesome!
Old 06-02-2010, 07:35 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonoRoo View Post
I like this program because I am accountable by weekly weigh ins and I have to pay for it. And to be honest, I am way too cheap to waste $70/week and not get something out of it. Awesome!
I felt the EXACT same way! I've logged a lifetime of weigh-ins at weight watchers but at $12 a pop, it was pretty easy to blow it off. $70 is definitely big leagues.

Congrats on making it to a goal!!!
Old 06-02-2010, 08:13 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
I felt the EXACT same way! I've logged a lifetime of weigh-ins at weight watchers but at $12 a pop, it was pretty easy to blow it off. $70 is definitely big leagues.

Congrats on making it to a goal!!!
I Third that...

I lost 20# on WW a few summers ago (which was at the time my goal weight) and then I shrugged it off and gained it all back and then some (and THEN some). Yes, exactly, I cannot afford to WASTE 70$ a week. I can barely afford the program, but I

-barely eat out anymore, cause its just not as fun, especially lunches at work that used to be fast food, and breakfast sandwiches that was 3 or 4 times a week.
-don't drink anymore... I know I can in moderation but I dont want to risk it.
-don't buy as much on the go impulse food
- don't stop at McDonalds for my daughter as much anymore cause Im too tired to cook, since I normally have food at home already pre-planned out

so it DEFF balances out, I am saving money and my health in the long run.

Mini Goal - 130 by 10/30
Ultimate Goal - 120 by the end of the year.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:02 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Ugh a little bummed today. I was up one pound (all water) today at my weight-in. My TOM started this morning to so I know in my head that is the cause of the gain, but it's still frustarting. The only off medi food I had last week was one small cookie. I've never been out of ketosis, and I have stayed in the range of my calories every single day. So I know that with that and excersize my numbers will go down over time, and that hormones will throw me out, but I can't help but be a bit bummed today (and the hormones don't help.....)

Oh and my blood pressure was 95/60, the doctor thinks that is the cause of my feeling dizzy. I also found out from my mom last night that one of my aunts and my grandfather both have low blood pressure all the time. So I talked to the doctor about all that today and she said that getting healthy was what made my blood pressure go down a bit and I seem to be prone to low blood pressure due to family history. So it's probalby just something I will have to learn to live with. Ugh!!
Old 06-02-2010, 09:34 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lucas33
Stats: start:222/current:222/goal:165
Start Date: 1/14/10
Hi everyone. So great to see everyones updates, process and support. I have been away from this support group for over a month, off plan and away from appts. for over 3 weeks and out of ketosis for over a month. Fortionately, only a few pounds gained and I have my first appt. back on friday and it has kicked me into geer. Im hoping to get back by Friday. To add to it, we are selling our home, moving to a new state, house hunting and I lose my job in a few months. This is my first time seeing how stress can effect your eating habits. But Im glad to have all this while I go through it so I don't totally lose it and stay focus. Another concern is the area we are moving to does not have a Medi center, so I would really like to get into Maintanance for a month or so before not having that weekly support. We are not moving for a few months and I have about 20 pounds to go, so I definitely know its doable. Just need to stay focused.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:22 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Happy June to everyone! I had my 3rd weigh-in this morning, lost 2 lbs. Question - they said I lost 4 lbs of fat, but gained 2 lbs of water....what would have made me gain water? My TOM isn't until next week, I thought the water retention would be next week...not this one! I am down 20 lbs in 3 weeks, which I am so happy about - I even brought 2 pairs of capris to the seamstress this morning to have them taken in since they fall off of me even straight out of the dryer!

Off to go grocery shopping now...where I buy chicken, chicken, and more chicken!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 06-02-2010, 12:32 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

LOL on the chicken.

Things that make me gain water weight: Not drinking enough water, drinking too many diet drinks, eating/drinking things with too much artificial sweetener, exercising more than normal, exercising/existing in the heat, swimming in a salt water swimming pool, eating too much processed food or meat (i.e. turkey pepperoni or lunch meat), eating too much cheese, eating too much of ANYTHING with sodium in it. Etc. etc. etc.

If I feel puffy at all, I down the water. In a day, it's pretty much gone. Don't ever forget to drink that 128 oz. of water every day!!!

Anyway, basically anything can make your fluid fluctuate. That is awesome that you lost 4 lbs of fat though!!!

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!
Old 06-02-2010, 12:34 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas33 View Post
I would really like to get into Maintanance for a month or so before not having that weekly support. We are not moving for a few months and I have about 20 pounds to go, so I definitely know its doable. Just need to stay focused.
Sounds like everything will fall into place for you! That's great that you have the extra incentive to get into maintenance before your move. You can so do this! Keep coming here for accountability and you will have no problem at all.

Sorry I am such a chatty cathy today. I'm having a hard couple of days with hunger and being here helps sooo much.
Closed Thread