Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 07:37 AM   #151
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sweedei
Stats: 194/156/140 (5'4")
WOE: Medi
Start Date: May 6, 2010
Ortal- First, I'd like to say that I hope today is much better than yesterday. Everything will get better. Having a day of fustration is allowed from time to time.

One thing that works for me is Traditional Medicinals (herbal teas). Go on to their website to view product information for Smooth Move (name of the tea). I usually brew a cup of tea once a week. My husband brews 2 bags in two cups of hot water at a time. For me, that is too intense. But it works for him. So, you may want to see what works for you if you decide to go the tea route.
week 5: 177.8 (-3.4)
week 6: 176.4 (-1.4) & up 3 in body water
week 7: 172.6 (-3.8) Total -22#

Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2010, 08:11 AM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 20, 2010
Thanks Debbie, I'm dreading my weigh in today and the next four days. I go to work in a few and I am so not excited. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully people have gone on vacation and it will be quiet for ultrasound. Lots of women having babies right now, and preemies @ that. We have a level 3 NICU, so if moms don't keep me busy, the babies do. I'm just going to wish that it will be a good day and that I will have good surprises all the way around.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:27 AM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Hi ladies - We are all becoming more aware of the emotional side of ourselves....we need to have healthy ways of dealing with those emotions instead of eating, CONTROLLING in other ways (whether trying to control others, or being down on ourselves, etc), and there are already lots of expressed relationships we all have mentioned that have influenced us. Other people don't really OWE us and cannot be burdened with the responsibility of MAKING us happy. An overarching concept is that we just have so much to right now be thankful for. Even if circumstances worsen (and they will at times in this journey called "life"), what in your soul can you be thankful for? We are not owed happiness....but joy can come up from among us despite circumstances. How are you a blessing to others? Don't you love it when someone genuinely giggles in delight and it makes you smile, unexpectantly? Did you help someone else have a blessed feeling inside, unexpectantly? These would be good lessons for us to learn from each other too. Giving away our multiplying joy so it can grow....I'd love to exercise THIS muscle! "These virtues we acquire by first exercising them....Whatever we learn to do, we learn by actually doing it....By doing just acts we come to be just; by doing self-controlled acts, we come to be self-controlled; and by doing brave acts, we become brave." Aristotle
Old 06-10-2010, 08:33 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
Start Date: 4/26/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweedei View Post
Ortal- First, I'd like to say that I hope today is much better than yesterday. Everything will get better. Having a day of fustration is allowed from time to time.

One thing that works for me is Traditional Medicinals (herbal teas). Go on to their website to view product information for Smooth Move (name of the tea). I usually brew a cup of tea once a week. My husband brews 2 bags in two cups of hot water at a time. For me, that is too intense. But it works for him. So, you may want to see what works for you if you decide to go the tea route.
Ive tried Sena and it gave me really really bad cramps in the morning. I could stomach the taste but not the sense of uh... urgency iwould get on the ride to work. Maybe I can try taking it earlier in the morning.

I just keep telling myself that I need to get through the weekend. Its my daughters birthday and I dont want my fixation on my weight and my boyfriends absense to make me concentrate more on that then whats really important.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:23 PM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 2/26/09
Hi y'all....

One little post. As I read about your "emotional issues", I'm reminded about another small "problem" with losing fat.....We all store(d) estrogen in our fat cells. As the fat cells are broken down, we release estrogen into our blood-streams. Even if you are post menopausal, you still have this left-over estrogen sitting there.....sneaky little hormone causes a lot of emotional imbalance!!!!!
I warned my hubby about this when I started going through this program-now my WOE and WOL . He was glad I did because his (mostly) even-keeled wife turned into a B from HE--
I'm only in my 40s (44 July 4th ) but I'm still pretty regular that way SO....BE WARNED!!!!!!!
For any males in the group....same thing as they produce estrogen as well but in smaller amounts.

Otherwise....y'all are doing great and you're so supportive of each other

cindy
Old 06-10-2010, 12:47 PM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
I think I need to find an alternative to Medi's Fat Burner....I keep having this "uneasy" feeling in the pit of my stomach and its been pretty consistent since starting Medi. There's no good way to describe it, its like a little nauseous, but the nervous kind - like I'm waiting for something bad to happen. And my hands are a little jittery & shaky. Well, I started playing around with all of the supplements & AS - trying to eliminate/cut down on something to see if I noticed the feeling go away. I began to think its the fat burner - completely cut it out for 2 days, by this morning the feeling was gone. Took the fat burner at 11 am today, and the feeling is back. Not as strong as before - but definitely noticeable.

So - does anyone use anything in place of Medi's fat burners? I have my next weigh-in on Tuesday, I'll ask there about this...but would love to see if anyone else has experienced this (or if you take a different form of the fat burner for any other reason!).

Thanks!
-Keri

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 06-10-2010, 01:37 PM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
Start Date: 2/10/10
So I went in for my appointment today at 1:30 and I'm trying to decide how I feel about this. My weight stayed exactly the same. So I was really bummed. I KNEW I felt like I wasn't making progress this week. Then we were looking at my little ticket thing and she says, "you are up five pounds in water." Then I have my moment of panic thinking I GAINED five pounds? but then she said, "you lost five pounds of fat tho". So I'm looking at my ticket and it says my fat percentage is down 5.8% from last time, putting me in the desirable range, my fat mass is down 10.4 lbs, also putting me in the desirable range. The problem is my pants are tighter today and yesterday. And I already said I FEEL fatter. She told me today that I could start mainenance now if I wanted, but I don't. I really want to lose as much as 20 more pounds before I introduce whole grains and such. I'm so nervous about that!! She thinks I'll be to goal in the next few weeks. How is that going to happen if the scale isn't even moving? I'm happy and yet I'm not. I'm really having some issues with this whole thing right now. I want to be at goal NOW!
Old 06-10-2010, 01:39 PM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Cindy - You bring up an excellent point about the estrogen! I'm even post-menopausal because I'd started menopause at 39 yo, stopped Premarin prior to 51 to have my bilateral mastectomies and went through the rest of the "power surges" getting off that and a couple months ago began having a few hot flashes at night again! I thought it was just what little I had left of my ovaries doing it's thing again. I'm all messed up hormone-wise because my Mom took synthetic estrogen DES/diethyl stilbestrol) for 6 months when she was pregnant with me in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters. THAT's why I started menopause early and ended early, that's also what caused my breast change issues/caught it just before it turned into cancer. I had atypical lobular hyperplasia that had changed to a huge area on my left...on the right post mastectomy pathology report found widespread atypical lobular hyperplasia microscopically. I was a ticking time bomb....praise God it's all gone now and replaced with belly fat so looks natural. Now you can understand why I've been hesitant about losing and getting at goal. I'm headed that direction now again....but the estrogen from fat added to the emotional issues!
Old 06-10-2010, 03:41 PM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nsjx
Stats: 203.5/159/159 - maintenance
WOE: medi
Start Date: April 17, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
I think I need to find an alternative to Medi's Fat Burner....I keep having this "uneasy" feeling in the pit of my stomach and its been pretty consistent since starting Medi. There's no good way to describe it, its like a little nauseous, but the nervous kind - like I'm waiting for something bad to happen. And my hands are a little jittery & shaky. Well, I started playing around with all of the supplements & AS - trying to eliminate/cut down on something to see if I noticed the feeling go away. I began to think its the fat burner - completely cut it out for 2 days, by this morning the feeling was gone. Took the fat burner at 11 am today, and the feeling is back. Not as strong as before - but definitely noticeable.

So - does anyone use anything in place of Medi's fat burners? I have my next weigh-in on Tuesday, I'll ask there about this...but would love to see if anyone else has experienced this (or if you take a different form of the fat burner for any other reason!).

Thanks!
-Keri

Try to wean yourself off it. I have been doing Medi without anything (no fat burners, no AS, nothing) and have lost 27 pounds in 7 weeks. I have high blood pressure and my doctor said no no to those things only vitamins so it can be done, just some extra will power. I also exercise 3-4 times per week intensely and that makes you hungry but with the support on this site I am getting it done.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:51 PM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Lea the only thing I know to tell you is to drink water water water. When I have water weight like that I just drink as much as I can in one sitting to "flush" out my system. I have to pee every 15 minutes but it really seems to get the extra water out quickly. I do this 2-3 days before my weight-in. I get my 128 oz in everyday, but I do it slowly throughtout the day, but I have learned that drinking a lot all at once seems to work better to get that "flushed out" feeling.

I was up a pound last week all of water. I stuck to plan and drank all my water (some of it back to back), and was down 5.2 lbs this week. So hang in there, and drink that water.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:59 PM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
Lea the only thing I know to tell you is to drink water water water. When I have water weight like that I just drink as much as I can in one sitting to "flush" out my system. I have to pee every 15 minutes but it really seems to get the extra water out quickly. I do this 2-3 days before my weight-in. I get my 128 oz in everyday, but I do it slowly throughtout the day, but I have learned that drinking a lot all at once seems to work better to get that "flushed out" feeling.

I was up a pound last week all of water. I stuck to plan and drank all my water (some of it back to back), and was down 5.2 lbs this week. So hang in there, and drink that water.
I'll be doing that tonight. Weigh in tomorrow. Maybe I'll bring this puffiness down a lb. Ugh.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:59 PM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Lins - Doesn't it just seem strange that drinking more water can help RID the body of water? I am going to heed your advice and drink lots and lots tonite and tomorrow and just see how I feel. For the last couple of days I've really felt ''fat" and I'm hoping to lose that feeling soon! Thank you!
Old 06-10-2010, 04:35 PM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Lea, That's what I was telling you the other day....that your body was WANTING water because of the exercise and humidity and so it was retaining water. So, give it water and this too shall pass!
Old 06-10-2010, 04:53 PM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Debbie, you were spot on! I wish I'd have started drinking the water before weigh in day.

Because I over shot my calories today, I went downstairs and fired up the treadmill. I did 30 second intervals of sprints and 30 seconds of catching my breath for a total of 10 minutes. I'd already done my spin session so this was just an attempt to see if I could train on my OLD treadmill. It actually went better than I thought. I figured my belt was too old or too loose or whatever to let me actually run without sticking, but it was fine. And in 10 minutes, I worked up yet ANOTHER sweat for the day and feel really GOOD! I might start trying to balance the spinning with the running/jogging. I'm still thinking about that 5k in September!

I'm off to drink another 16 oz of water.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:06 PM   #165
Senior LCF Member

I ran 3 miles tonight (I ran 1 mile then walked 2 minutes, and then repeat). I felt GREAT afterwards. I ran on Tuesday and it was an awful run so I was so happy that tonights when so much better.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:08 PM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
Debbie, you were spot on! I wish I'd have started drinking the water before weigh in day.

Because I over shot my calories today, I went downstairs and fired up the treadmill. I did 30 second intervals of sprints and 30 seconds of catching my breath for a total of 10 minutes. I'd already done my spin session so this was just an attempt to see if I could train on my OLD treadmill. It actually went better than I thought. I figured my belt was too old or too loose or whatever to let me actually run without sticking, but it was fine. And in 10 minutes, I worked up yet ANOTHER sweat for the day and feel really GOOD! I might start trying to balance the spinning with the running/jogging. I'm still thinking about that 5k in September!

I'm off to drink another 16 oz of water.

Way to go!!! Your proactive spirit has me inspired, Lea!
Old 06-10-2010, 07:52 PM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Erin - just wanted to say good luck on your weigh in tomorrow. And no matter what the scale says, you are doing SO GREAT!!! Remember that this is your first week on maintenance and this is truly a transition phase. You may not meet your expectations, but you're LEARNING what is going to work for your body. That's going to take a little trial and error and it's going to take a little time.

We're all with you!
Old 06-11-2010, 05:52 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

good morning everyone... kinda had a crappy night last night. spent the whole night baking for someone who didnt show up. so yeah, at least the office loves me this morning. my weight still isnt down. I feel like this 160 to 150 hump is going to prove most painful. we shall see i guess.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:16 AM   #169
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Azurro
Stats: 229.2/193.8/160
Start Date: May 2010
I had my 5th weigh in yesterday..Down 2.6 for a total of 24.2. But lately, I have been feeling a little light headed, not sure why..and all of a sudden I am more hungry than usual..Im on 800 calories with my added veggies and fruits. Question-- Can we have cheese more than once a day...
Old 06-11-2010, 06:40 AM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortal View Post
good morning everyone... kinda had a crappy night last night. spent the whole night baking for someone who didnt show up. so yeah, at least the office loves me this morning. my weight still isnt down. I feel like this 160 to 150 hump is going to prove most painful. we shall see i guess.
But you're IN the 150's!! I feel like I've been in the 160's forever. I'm ready for a change. I don't know what else to do that I haven't already imlemented, so I guess I'm gonna just keep plugging away and eventuallly I'll get there.

I baked chocolate chip cookies last nite for my kids. I had two chocolate chips before they went in the oven. The smell of them alone made me have to get out of the kitchen. I'm sorry you spent time and effort and your guests didn't even show up! That makes me sad!
Old 06-11-2010, 06:46 AM   #171
Senior LCF Member

I brought them into work so at least someone could enjoy them. And I didnt taste any, only licked my finger because it got dirty. I was quite pleased with myself that I wasnt even tempted. I finally have all the ingredients to make low carb fudge so Ill be doing that this weekend if my mood lifts.

my boyfriend is going away for the weekend with a bunch of guys and im really really really stressed out. sorry i know this isnt the place for this but i cant talk about it with anyone here.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:53 AM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Hi friends,

Re: the discussion of being almost plateaued in a weight and also re: calories I have some input today. Several wks ago Lea had mentioned on our Energy In/Energy Out thread that she didn't think I was eating enough protein. In motivating a friend that is starting this week I went back to Week 1 myself since Wednesday and I'm counting protein calories better and cutting out as many almonds, etc. Ends up Lea was right....I've had to add more protein towards the end of the day just to get to 500 protein calories! I can see too that the almonds, though they had protein, had so much fat and I wasn't sticking to the plan as closely as we were told in the early weeks. So, in the past 2 days I've lost 2 lbs on my scales. Remember, you don't count the calories for fruits and vegs, just protein. I'd gotten lazy and had reverted to the label calorie total instead of the protein gms X 4. MWL works....gotta do it the way it's intended. Over and over we're counseling each other on all this! I hope to be in the 140's next week!!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 06-11-2010, 07:11 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Ortal, I think this is exactly the place to talk about our issues. Our issues in life and how we deal with them is certainly directely related to our overeating and weight gains. We have to learn to deal with stress and disappointments in healthy ways instead of stuffing it down with food. So if telling your new friends here that you're having a hard time right now keeps you from eating a donut, you're already doing something right!! And we really do care!

Debbie - I'm glad to hear you went back and looked more closely at your totals. I surely was not trying to be preachy. Again - it's because we all care about each other and our successes. I just didn't think you were getting ENOUGH!! I hope you reach 140 soon!
Old 06-11-2010, 07:17 AM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Lea - You said it all....that's what we're all here for....supporting each other in this WOL and grabbing support for ourselves when we need it! Thanks girlfriend!
Old 06-11-2010, 07:35 AM   #175
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sweedei
Stats: 194/156/140 (5'4")
Start Date: May 6, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortal View Post
Ive tried Sena and it gave me really really bad cramps in the morning. I could stomach the taste but not the sense of uh... urgency iwould get on the ride to work. Maybe I can try taking it earlier in the morning.

I just keep telling myself that I need to get through the weekend. Its my daughters birthday and I dont want my fixation on my weight and my boyfriends absense to make me concentrate more on that then whats really important.
I know what you mean! And thats why I only do one bag, once a week. And what I have noticed Ortal, is that with my reduced calorie intake the cramps were worse one week. The following week, nothing happened. No cramps, no nothing. So- I dunno! This is obviously something many of us ladies have to tweek till we get it right. I have also tried taking the tea mid morning so that the affects don't begin till I am home from work, but do not extend into my evening when I'd like to have uninterrupted sleep.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:39 AM   #176
Senior LCF Member

I had some last night and woke up 4 minutes before my alarm... dont you love it? Ill never get that time back haha. Ill try taking it earlier on next time.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:48 AM   #177
Senior LCF Member

Weigh in today and I'm on cloud 9! I maintained! Woohoo! I was up 3 lbs of water and down 3 lbs of fat so it balanced out. I'm going up to 1200 calories now and I talked to the nutritionist about my cravings and she said she has the same problems and doesn't even keep anything sweet in the house. Kids have to go out for ice cream if they want anything. And that includes splenda. I think that's how I'm going to have to be. No more hungry girl desserts, that's for sure.

The NP wasn't there today so they didn't charge me for my visit. Really fair of them, I thought. Plus I got my before/after picture and I started crying. I just can't believe how much I've changed. I looked like a potato before... so unhappy and frumpy. No wonder people don't recognize me. And I've only lost 35 lbs!

Thank you so much to you guys for putting up with my roller coaster drama lately. I'm normally pretty even keeled and positive but I feel like my whole life has changed and it's been an adjustment. I've been using this forum as a sounding board and I definitely appreciate your patience with me. You are all a huge inspiration and I'm so happy to have found this wonderful little place on the web!

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!
Old 06-11-2010, 10:04 AM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Erin ~ That is all so awesome! We'd love to see your before and after photos if you don't mind trying to post them on the MWL before and after thread! Whoo Hoo ERIN!
Old 06-11-2010, 10:18 AM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Congratulations Erin! You are a motivation to all of us. We all have our ups and downs and this is a great place to find support. I am only 14lbs away from my original goal (although I think I am going to drop that), and I am already getting nervous about maintaince so I am learning a lot from your posts.

One thing I learned that I can't have is nuts, expecially peanuts. Both weeks that I had low loss or a gain I went back and reviewed my eatting log. And I had almonds on the week that I had a small loss, and I had peanuts/peanut butter on the week that I had a gain. Even though AF was also in play at that time. I just think that I have to avoid nuts of all kinds. Which is sad because I LOVE peanutbutter, but also eye opening because I use to eat peanut butter all the time....hmmmm..... It's nice that I am paying attention to my body and what I eat so that I can see what works for me and what doesn't. And I know that just because it works for me it might not work for others and visa versa. It's all trial and error.

Best of luck to all of you over the weekend. I know for me those are the hardest times. I am going to a really nice restraunt tonight (the Columbia for those in Florida), and I am a little nervous about what I will eat. I looked it up online and I will either get chicken or steak depending on what I feel like tonight, and I won't eat the rice (everything comes with rice). I am going to have one glass of wine, but no dessert not even a bite. It's my brithday dinner so I plan (I think that's key), to have a tiny bit more than I have been, but I'm talking tiny and still Medi approved. For example I won't eat the Carbs, but I might eat a little bit more of the protein...does that make since? I really think that for me it's all in the planning.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:22 AM   #180
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom on a mission
Stats: Ht 5' 7" 247/156.4/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 2, 2010
TGIF Everyone! Have been enoying all of the emotional posting lately. Makes me feels so much better to know I'm not alone in my journey. I think this site has, without a doubt, gotten me through my toughest days. I may not be a frequent poster, but I am an avid reader of these threads. There are so many wonderful people in my life who try to, but simply cannot undertand the process we are all going through. It feels wonderful to have your feelings validated!!

Anyhow- after my first "non-loss" week last week (no loss/no gain), I really went back to the basics of the plan. I focused very much on making sure I was getting all of my protein and exercising faithfully. Well it paid off- I was down -3.4lbs. At this point in the game (within a few pounds of goal) even the NP was surprised at the amount. I'm only 3.8 lbs from my goal weight!!! To be honest, I'm shooting for 155 as a final weight...we'll see.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Hoping to have time to join in more with your conversations!

Sue

REACHED GOAL WEIGHT ON 06/24/10
Total Loss: -90.6 lbs

Wellness...
Closed Thread