Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 12:16 PM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I am going to go run tonight for the first time in a week (I usually run 3-4 times a week). My hubby was gone last week and I didn't have anyone to watch my kids. I am going aim for 2 miles without stopping. I did it 2 weeks ago, so I think since I'm well rested I should be able to do it again. I NEVER thought I would look forward to running like this but I am so excited to go.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2010, 03:23 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
lins - you amaze me! Please let us know if you made it two miles! I can make it about a half and my lungs are rebelling and my heart is slamming! I'm going to work on this over the summer, but it's like 93 degrees and horrible high humidity right now, so probably it's going to be on the treadmill or another spin session tonite.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:29 PM   #123
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jennifer30
Stats: 5'1" 142.5/134/115
WOE: MediWeightloss
Start Date: June 1, 2010
So I went for my week 1 weigh-in, and I am very happy to say that I lost 8.5lbs.!!! I was able to add in some veggies/fruits today, and I never thought lettuce and broccoli could taste so good. I guess that is what happens when you are on a week of only protein. I am pumped, and ready to take on week 2! I am hoping to get three days of exercising in.

Kim, good luck to you on the rest of your first week! It is well worth it at the weigh-in.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:45 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer30 View Post
So I went for my week 1 weigh-in, and I am very happy to say that I lost 8.5lbs.!!! I was able to add in some veggies/fruits today, and I never thought lettuce and broccoli could taste so good. I guess that is what happens when you are on a week of only protein. I am pumped, and ready to take on week 2! I am hoping to get three days of exercising in.

Kim, good luck to you on the rest of your first week! It is well worth it at the weigh-in.
Fantastic, Jennifer! Keep up the GREAT work!!!
Old 06-08-2010, 05:40 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member

I made it 2 miles tonight without stopping. I then walked for a bit and ran another half mile. I thought I was going to die but I did it. I ran at 5 p.m. which was like the worst time of the evening to run. I live in Central Florida so it was 95 degrees and horrible humid.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:45 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 20, 2010
Erin, the tuna steaks were pretty good. It's hard for me though because I love curries and cream sauces. I keep thinking I would love some curry!!! I was even thinking of using the plain unsweetened almond milk as a substitute for the coconut milk in making thai curry. I'll have to use ****** to figure out the calories/carbs/fat etc to make sure it is acceptable.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:11 PM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
SonoRoo- I LOVE curry! Last night I made curry chicken and my husband's portion was over rice. It's pretty simple.
Saute about 1/4 of chopped onion in marjarine (it doesn't take much, maybe 1 1/2 tsp)
Add already cut up cooked chicken breasts (either boiled or nuked)
Blend 1 heaping tsp curry to warm water mixed with 2 tsp flour; sometimes I add chicken broth
Allow all to boil so that "gravy" thickens some (no milk needed)
I eat mine with little "gravy" over lettuce, DH eats over white rice
Old 06-09-2010, 06:34 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

That sounds delicious Debbie! I'll have to try it. Every time they make curry in the cafeteria at work my tummy grumbles overtime!!!

More random thoughts: how the heck did I gain a pound overnight when I am sticking to this diet religiously and exercising as prescribed??? I am assuming it is the ovaries. I never can tell any more since they hysterectomy. I know when I am hormonal, but it is still weird not really being able to know when you cycle. Ugh, I still do not regret it though! I'm going to go out and work in the yard and ride my bike.

Do Over Mini Goal: at or below 160 before May

Last edited by SonoRoo; 06-09-2010 at 06:40 AM..
Old 06-09-2010, 06:46 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

What do you think about this? I may make it this weekend with chicken. You shouldn't use the cornstarch or sugar though - i'm going to try arrowroot or xanthum. Serves 4.

Coconut Curry Sauce

2/3 cup unsweetened light coconut milk
6 Tbs. low sodium ff chicken broth
1 tsp. sugar (substitute)
1 tsp. cornstarch - (substitute)
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. curry powder
1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes

Combine all ingredients except the curry powder and red pepper and set aside until stir fry is done.
Add the curry powder and red pepper to the hot oil a couple seconds before adding the protein and veggies.

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!
Old 06-09-2010, 06:47 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
I feel you SonoRoo... Im up this morning, on my weigh in day, and its TOM. Ill just chug water till noon and let the afternoon run its course.

In other news, I changed to low sodium turkey at the deli and it costs more but tastes MUCH better IMO, like if I heat it up it tastes like a carved turkey. I buy the boars head brand.

Yesterday we had a meeting, 6 of us, and my boss passed out ice cream sandwiches. I said no thanks and hes like comeonnnnn (my boss is a triathlete ... ). I said, matter of factly, that I havent had sugar in two months and couldnt really start now. They seemed impressed but I was sort of embarassed having to talk about it like that. Theres a few ladies at my job who know what Im doing, and im sure people can notice, but just being put on the spot sucks.

Mini Goal - 130 by 10/30
Ultimate Goal - 120 by the end of the year.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:48 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonoRoo View Post
That sounds delicious Debbie! I'll have to try it. Every time they make curry in the cafeteria at work my tummy grumbles overtime!!!

More random thoughts: how the heck did I gain a pound overnight when I am sticking to this diet religiously and exercising as prescribed??? I am assuming it is the ovaries. I never can tell any more since they hysterectomy. I know when I am hormonal, but it is still weird not really being able to know when you cycle. Ugh, I still do not regret it though! I'm going to go out and work in the yard and ride my bike.
OH I have the same issues! I recently had that endometrial ablation and I don't have any more bleeding at all.

Just keep on keeping on. I felt the same way - like my metabolism was getting messed up. I'm still worried but so far so good!
Old 06-09-2010, 07:54 AM   #132
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sweedei
Stats: 194/156/140 (5'4")
Start Date: May 6, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortal View Post
yes, it really is great. We got home in time to play wiffleball but it got rained out so we went to TGIFridays (which wasnt in the plan). I bought food for my daughter and sipped my diet coke while everyone chowed on half price appetizers. I wasnt even hungry.

... and I kind of felt an un-deserved sense of superiority when I saw (the only other) girl eat a whole plate of nachos, a 700 calorie margarita, and some sliders and some potato skins. Im not the catty type, but this girl LIES about her weight, and when I confided in her i was dieting and wanted to get to 140# she was like "oh honey, youll never get to 140, I cant even get to 140".... yeah. this is why. So I sat there, smug, and enjoyed my new-found sense of self control while exchanging smug looks with my boyfriend
Oh the gall of some people. How dare her say what you can't do! You acted much better than I probably would have. But you are to be commended for sticking to the program and taking the high road with negativity. At the end of the day, all that matters is when you reach your goal you will feel great, look great and have such a sense of acheivement.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:55 AM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweedei View Post
Oh the gall of some people. How dare her say what you can't do! You acted much better than I probably would have. But you are to be commended for sticking to the program and taking the high road with negativity. At the end of the day, all that matters is when you reach your goal you will feel great, look great and have such a sense of acheivement.
Yup, whenever I see her wolfing down some food, I lock eyes with my boyfriend and smile. Let her have her margarita and Ill keep on losing.

Last edited by Ortal; 06-09-2010 at 07:57 AM..
Old 06-09-2010, 08:04 AM   #134
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I feel you SonoRoo... Im up this morning, on my weigh in day, and its TOM. Ill just chug water till noon and let the afternoon run its course.

In other news, I changed to low sodium turkey at the deli and it costs more but tastes MUCH better IMO, like if I heat it up it tastes like a carved turkey. I buy the boars head brand.

Yesterday we had a meeting, 6 of us, and my boss passed out ice cream sandwiches. I said no thanks and hes like comeonnnnn (my boss is a triathlete ... ). I said, matter of factly, that I havent had sugar in two months and couldnt really start now. They seemed impressed but I was sort of embarassed having to talk about it like that. Theres a few ladies at my job who know what Im doing, and im sure people can notice, but just being put on the spot sucks.
I know exactly how you feel. Yesterday, I had a lunch meeting. The buffet provided is always a surprise. So, yesterday it was pulled bbq w/sauce & huge keiser rolls, chicken breast grilled (looked like they had been basted with bbq sauce), potato salad, steamed carrots (looked like they had a syrupy sweet sauce). Oh and I mustn't forget the slices of key lime pie that was plated at each seat. It was a carb free girl's nightmare! There was salad fixings.

So I had lettuce, a few cumumbers and the chicken breast (it was dry and lightly basted with sauce, but not enough to dab with a napkin or scrape with my fork so I went with it.). Everyone else had their plates full and there I was at the circular table that sits 8-10 with a tiny salad plate with dry lettuce and a teeny dry chicken breast. All the while, I sat there with my shoulders tense praying no one would comment on whether that was all that I was eating. Whew- no one said a word. I don't want my food to be a topic of discussion in a big group like that. Sometimes the looks can be brutal.
week 5: 177.8 (-3.4)
week 6: 176.4 (-1.4) & up 3 in body water
week 7: 172.6 (-3.8) Total -22#
Old 06-09-2010, 08:29 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

yeah i always get looks when i go out with a group and order a little salad or whatever. People think I am starving myself and I dont really feel the need to explain myself. Like, they give you looks when you are overweight, but the looks continue when you are working on it.

and i ALWAYS get looks when people see me having lunch meat for breakfast. what can I do though. I need to eat and if I have to take my AS an hour before I eat I need to eat at work.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:44 AM   #136
Junior LCF Member

Funny. Thats the running "joke" my sister-in-law has with me now that I am starving myself so I should be losing weight. She doesn't know I am doing the Medi program. Well, she might if she has seen any of my supplement bottles around and just hasn't let on that she knows. But I try to assure her that I am eating healthy lean food- no carbs. She often jokes when she see my plates that she is waiting on me to pass out so she can shove a roll into my mouth. I think if I awaken and taste bread I would have an anxiety attack!!! She better not!!! LOL
Old 06-09-2010, 11:42 AM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Sweedei and Ortal - This whole back and forth discussion cracks me up! I was just talking with my counselor yesterday about finally giving myself the ok to go on to lose the additional weight now because I've seen my sister in law and my youngest daughter and they were happy for me and that I felt like I didn't make them feel bad about their own weights in any way so I didn't get rejected. I have such issues....I hate being misunderstood and feeling rejected/abandoned so hold myself back sometimes and this is an area where when I'd get those feelings I used to eat to try to numb them. It's crazy. I hope to learn from the maintainers how to handle those feelings. Basically, I'm now just trying to be nicer to myself in my thought life, more at peace!
Old 06-09-2010, 11:55 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

What do you do at a Mexican restraunt? I have been in a Spanish class for the past 12 weeks with my hubby. It was a whole lot of, fun and I learned a ton. For our final class we went out to eat, and ordered in Spanish. I didn't want to have to explain to everyone that I "couldn't eat anything", and I don't know enough spanish to ask for "no cheese, no dressing...." . I was really nervous. Thankfully when I got there they had a "steak" on the menu with the sauce on the side, with rice and beans of course, but I jsut ate the steak and was fine. I took the "leftovers" home just so I didn't have to explain anything, I just said I was full and then threw the rest of the food when I got home. But it was a really frustrating evening. Thankfully I made it through the evening just fine.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:29 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Debbie, I can relate to everything you just said. That's it.

As for Mexican, that is my FAVE place to go out to eat! I always get chicken fajitas grilled dry with yummy salsa! I also ask for a side of cilantro and jalapenos!
Old 06-09-2010, 04:17 PM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Im down 1.6 water up .6 fat. i am really unhappy. i thought if anything id be up water cause of TOM.

i worked out more. i ate better. i said no to every bad food thrown up to me this weekend in Philadelphia. I am SO upset. i know its an overall loss and i know im doing well so far but dammit i just paid 70$ for nothing I feel. Overall yes I lost but water weight only. sigh. im going to sleep
Old 06-09-2010, 04:34 PM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Ortal, those Tanita scales aren't that accurate. The same thing happened to me and the following week it said I had lost like 4 lbs of fat and gained water. It just balanced out. I just consider a loss a loss.

Hang in there, kiddo. You're doing so well - don't let this weigh in get you down. Just keep on keeping on.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:45 PM   #142
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GirlInJersey
Stats: 291.2/207.0/180(for now)
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: March 9, 2010
I agree about the scales being a little off. I have been trying to just average it out and not think too much about one week. I still weigh myself at home and I know it's terrible and makes me crazy and I need to stop! And my home scale is WAY off from the clinic. One day I'll learn...
Old 06-09-2010, 06:28 PM   #143
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: julesrnc
Stats: 5'6" 190/174/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 4/25/10
Ortal,
The same thing happened to me last week. I ate really good all week and thought I did everything right. The clinic scale read 1/2 pound water loss only. I was so upset that I told them I would not be back this week. I am feeling much better this week and have continued on plan. Hang in there and stick with it. You probably have a bigger loss in the next couple of weeks.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:27 PM   #144
Senior LCF Member

I am here to say STICK WITH IT!!!!! Last week I was up 1 lb. A 1 lbs gain after I did EVERYTHING right. I didn't stray off diet at all, and I exercised. I was really ticked. Seriously it stressed me out all week, go back and read my posts.......

I went for weigh in today and I'm down -5.2 lbs. Yes you read that right. So after my freak out of last week (TOM was around at last weight in). I lost my 1lb gain, plus another -4.2 lbs. I am feeling a million times better now and I am so glad that I stuck to plan and even thought I was upset last week didn't let it effect how I ate or excerized. If you stick with it, it does work. So please those of you who have had frustrating weeks hang in there, it will get better as long as you stay on plan.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:40 PM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Ohh Lins, that is so amazing! Way to go to you for not letting it get you down and sticking with it!!! Congratulations!!! 26.8 so far??? WOW you are almost there!!!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 09:04 PM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Today was not my day. Up a pound for some unknown reason. On my way to work I was sitting at an intersection underpass. A rock flies off the the freeway and cracks the windshield on my hubby's car. I went into work with it being just a small crack, but since I am living in coastal Texas it is HOT. What happens? I come out from work and the dang thing split up the middle. ARGH!!! As of tomorrow our prn call tech and my ultrasound partner are taking off so I am the only tech in a busy combined med/surg, heart, and women's hospital until Monday. I work and I am on call 24/7 for four days straight. I'm wondering if I'll be sleeping on the stretcher in my room. *sigh* That depends which doctors are on the e.r. and which ob/gyn happens to be the one on call. *screams into a pillow*
Old 06-09-2010, 09:55 PM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Shelley-Look how close you are to your 6/16/10 mini-goal! Don't let the next 4 days undo you, girl! And remember to keep something "legal" in your pocket and carry around a bottle of water. Don't want you feeling lightheaded like last time!

Lins - Your under 150! I'm jealous!! You are doing great, girl!
Old 06-10-2010, 05:17 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Thank you for your support guys.... I was having an AWFUL day yesterday and the bad weigh in just pissed me off even more. Like I had a wake to go to , and my boyfriend (who is going on his first solo guys trip this weekend) well we were not getting along. I tried getting a pedicure but started crying during it and left. God I am so emo sometimes. Big waste of 25$ .

I was just pissed that I, to quote my crying rant to my boyfriend "starved all weekend, didnt drink, passed on everything good, and went out running while you guys partied" all weekend. I know the waking-up-at-night-and-eating also has something to do with it and I am going to make a super conscious effort not to do that this week.

Anyways, yeah, today is a new day. I need to get through the weekend. I am not giving up. My doc upped my appetite suppresent so that I can take 2 at a time once a day if needed, so Ill be doing that with my breakfast pill so that I can not be so famished at lunch, and hopefully eat lunch later as a result so Im not famished for dinner. I try not to take the evening AS so I can sleep but Im going to start. squeezed into one of my size 8s this morning, so thats a good thing

oh and I ran out of my colon cleanser. I know you ladies talk about something at Sams Club, but I dont have a membership there. Can you guys please recommend something else (not a laxative, I have issues with those) thats similar?

Last edited by Ortal; 06-10-2010 at 05:54 AM..
Old 06-10-2010, 06:03 AM   #149
Senior LCF Member

It's amazing and at the same time frustrating that numbers on a scale can make our attitude so different. Seriously after last weeks one pound gain, I was grumpy and mad at myself/food/excersize/life..... just because of numbers on a scale even thought they were still lower than they had been in years. Yet today because they have gown down again, I am feeling better, my clothes "seem" looser, and I just have a better attitude all around. I/we need to remember that it took a long time for us (or at least most of us), to put on the weight and it might take some time to get it back off, even though it is happening faster on this program than any other I've ever been on. We really shouldn't focus on the numbers we should just focus on our health and the overall feeling of energy and the fact that we are losing weight. Big motivational hugs to everyone!

On a side note. I think I am going to lower my goal weight. When I set it at 135 it seemed so far out there that I never really thought I could achieve it, but now that I am only 14lbs away it doesn't seem like enough. My thighs still rub together when I walk, and I don't think 14lbs is going to take that away. I want to be able to wear shorts again. My weight is almost all in my legs now and they just don't look good yet. Plus I am only 5'1 so I really could "afford" to be in my 120's I just never thought that would be possible before.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:07 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
oh and I ran out of my colon cleanser. I know you ladies talk about something at Sams Club, but I dont have a membership there. Can you guys please recommend something else (not a laxative, I have issues with those) thats similar?
Just get Senokot at the grocery store! Perfectly fine.

Hope you have a better day today, Ortal.
Closed Thread