Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 12:41 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Thanks Erin! Just about everything you listed (Not drinking enough water, drinking too many diet drinks, ate turkey keilbasa, had cheese as snacks the last few days, walked outside in heat last few days - rather than in AC on treadmill) was me over the long weekend. Buckling down this week - hoping to walk 6 days, rather than 4 of last week - and we'll see where the scale is next week!

Question: I don't have a scale at home (or anywhere that I would use one) so my only weigh-ins are at the clinic. I feel as if I would drive myself crazy on the scale every day (multiple times a day!)...yet, I hate not knowing what to expect when I get to the clinic - I'm always so nervous. Should I buy one? Or just keep with the weekly weigh-in at clinic and judge how my body feels throughout the week?

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2010, 12:42 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
NO! Don't buy one! Kudos to you for not having one, in fact. Once you're in maintenance you can worry about that. Until then, consider it a blessing. LOL
Old 06-02-2010, 12:45 PM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: IAmReady!
Stats: 5'9"-234/181.5/165
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 10/22/09
Hi Everyone! I haven't been on in quite a while but following the Medi plan since October. Happy to say I am down over 50 lbs.

My question to the seasoned medi people is about constipation. Does anyone suffer from it and what do you to about it? I have suffered from it all my life. I know this diet can be quite constipating, especially to those of us who already had a problem. I am finding that I am taking too many stool softners and laxatives and am afraid I am becoming dependant on them. I also drink metamucil (the strawberry lemonade that doesn't get gritty and thick and actually tastes good!) plus I have just started with the Dr. Natura colonix fiber powder (which worked wonders for me when I did a cleanse many years ago). But I feel like once I get things moving again- after way to much 'product'- I just get constipated again and it is really stalling my weight loss as well.

I have not been in ketosis for a while because I can only stay in it with NO carbs at all and then eating only protein get so constipated that i don't go for a week. Plus the various fiber I try to get in me has carbs, even though they are good carbs I still can't stay in ketosis. I really want to continue on this diet until I reach my goal but the constipation is killing me and maybe even preventing me from the weight loss I need. I want to lose another 10-15lbs. I'm debating changing things up so I am eating much more fruits and veggies and protein. Continuing on the no bread, pasta, rice... But according to medi I will not lose weight with all the fruit and veggies. Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by IAmReady!; 06-02-2010 at 12:46 PM..
Old 06-02-2010, 12:49 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Hey there and CONGRATS on 50 lbs lost! WOW that is fantastic! You are certainly doing something right! Question for you - are you drinking 128 oz. of plain water a day? Are you exercising? Those 2 things alone helped me with my "issues" and I only have to occasionally take the colon cleanser that medi offers.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:38 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Hi IAMReady - My daughter has a slow colon too. Be careful about all those "products". I tell her to be sure to eat several stalks of celery daily, drink lots of water, and don't go over 3 to 4 days before "going." She takes miralax daily mixed in a crystal light drink also. The latest thing I had her add was magnesium at bedtime, the ending has to have "ate" in it. But don't do magnesium citrate or you'll be going and going and going!! (That's used as a bowel prep like before colonoscopies). The magnesium is a slight muscle relaxer, and whatever is stressing you out/tensing you up, can tense up your intestines too because your intestines act like a 2nd "brain" as far as worrying goes. Really make sure you are drinking the WATER, and I think start by adding the celery daily because it's nature fiber that won't be digestible so it will retain water in the area you need it to be retained...your intestines. You might want to cut out milk products (though you didn't mention if you are eating these) and also cut out fruit for a while because the sugars may be too high for your slow intestines to digest.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:45 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Jo - My May loss was 5.5 lbs. Thanks.

Lea - I get the Member's Mark Fish/Flaxseed/etc from Sams that has 1 gm fat and 10 calories; all my other supplements are either from Dillons or Walgreens. I also use the Walgreens fatburner now, instead of Medi. Only thing from Medi is my AS and injections. Almost daily I also take a sublingual Vit B-12 2500 mg from Nature's Bounty that I get from Walgreens or somewhere. BTW - no problem posting my med list....I hope it helps somebody!
Old 06-02-2010, 04:34 PM   #37
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnieMae
Coming Back!

Hello All! I will be re-joining MWL at the end of next week
I had to drop out for several months due to financial woes, because of husband's knee surgery and 6 weeks off work.
I am so ready to finally start.... and complete this journey
"See" you soon!

Last edited by AnnieMae; 06-02-2010 at 04:36 PM..
Old 06-02-2010, 05:14 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
down three more lbs... man Im getting ticked.

I feel like NOTHING is included in the program except for the vitamins,1 shot, the perscription (which cost 11.99 otherwise) and the guidance.

EVERY time I need something (today I needed a new book) it costs extra. I dont want to stop going but I really feel like justifying the cost is getting harder and harder.

I sit there for 10 minutes, get my shot, the girl goes through my book, tells me good job, and sends me on my way. my plan hasnt changed since week 3.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:30 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I'm still very frustrated tonight. I keep telling myself that my 1 lbs gain was due to water due to TOM.....and I know that's the truth, because I haven't cheated at all. I've never been out of ketosis, I drink a ton of water, and I eat less than 600 calories a day. Plus I run or walk almost every night. It's not posibble to do all that and gain weight.......right? I know the answer I'm just upset (hormonal). I ate week 1 all day today, not because I had too I'm still in ketosis, but it made me feel a little better. The only thing that I eat that's not week one is cheese and veggies anyway. I still haven't added fruit. The only cheese I eat is laughing cow. Ugh!

I could use some words of encouragment tonight. It doesn't help that my hubby is gone this week on a work trip so I am a single mom (this week) to 3 little girls on top of everything else.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:35 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

I kind of felt that way too. :/ I never got the shots because I ended up being allergic to them. They did give me a $10 discount and threw in the b vitamin that goes under the tongue to make up for it.

Now I'm not even on the AS so I cut back to every other week. They were more than willing to work with me on the number of visits. Cutting back on the amount of visits have also cut into my success though. The expense and the accountability was a big part of it all as crazy as that sounds.

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!
Old 06-02-2010, 06:09 PM   #41
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: julesrnc
Stats: 5'6" 190/174/140
Start Date: 4/25/10
I'm down 13 for May.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:18 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
Start Date: 2/10/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
I'm still very frustrated tonight. I keep telling myself that my 1 lbs gain was due to water due to TOM.....and I know that's the truth, because I haven't cheated at all. I've never been out of ketosis, I drink a ton of water, and I eat less than 600 calories a day. Plus I run or walk almost every night. It's not posibble to do all that and gain weight.......right? I know the answer I'm just upset (hormonal). I ate week 1 all day today, not because I had too I'm still in ketosis, but it made me feel a little better. The only thing that I eat that's not week one is cheese and veggies anyway. I still haven't added fruit. The only cheese I eat is laughing cow. Ugh!

I could use some words of encouragment tonight. It doesn't help that my hubby is gone this week on a work trip so I am a single mom (this week) to 3 little girls on top of everything else.
Lins - It IS possible to gain weight doing what you're doing because muscle weighs more than fat. And that's a GOOD thing! Did you check your little ticket thing with the stats? Perhaps your fat percentages are going down and muscle (fat free mass?) is going up. I'm sorry you're having such a rough time time today, but you're doing everything you should and it's paying off!! Be patient with yourself and be kind to yourself - especially during that time of month when your husband's gone and your three girls are relying on only you!

I hope you have a better tomorrow!
Old 06-02-2010, 06:59 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this - I keep getting "tingling" in my fingers (and sometimes my toes) but tonight it is really strong in my wrist...and at times it feels as if my thumb is being pulled into my hand on its own. I know this sounds weird, but could I possibly need more electrolytes? potassium? sodium? What do you all think? It feels so weird that it has me pretty concerned!
Old 06-02-2010, 07:07 PM   #44
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KTeacherNC
Stats: 226.6/205.2/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 2010
Well, I fell off the wagon a bit this past weekend. Darn you cornbread! It is so hard to go to parties and places where I'm not in charge of what is being cooked. I weigh in tomorrow and feeling frustrated already with what I'm going to see on the scale. I'm sure I'll be down a little, but not much. I too feel like for what we pay, more should be included in the program. Financially I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep up with the program I'm a teacher and will be off for the summer and really need that accountablity while I'm out on summer break. I think I'll stick with it through August and try my best to lose as much as I can before I exit the program. I still play to follow the program on my own though. Just not sure how well I'll do without the AS and weekly weigh in. I feel like the support is limited at my clinic and all I do is weigh in, get my shots, and talk with them for a minute. We shall see what the scale says tomorrow...
Old 06-02-2010, 07:15 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/162.5/149 5'8" 38 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinic
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post

Lins ~ I completely understand your frustration. I think it is just one of the joys of being a woman that weight loss is rarely linear. Have faith that you are doing all of the right things and looking at the trend of your weight loss, you are headed in the right direction.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:39 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom on a mission
Stats: Ht 5' 7" 247/156.4/160
Start Date: January 2, 2010
Jo- My loss for April was -8.4 lbs.

Thanks!!
Old 06-03-2010, 04:26 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Thanks everyone for the encouragment. I know in my heart that this will all even out because I haven't gone off program, and I know the program works. I am feeling a bit better today. I haven't been able to run this week because my hubby is gone and I don't have anyone to watch my kids. But this morning I have a friend who is going to watch my youngest at the park so I can go fun for a little while. I know that will help relieve some stress too.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:27 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

My total loss for May was 7lbs.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:50 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Lins - I have been where you are. So many times, I think - dang if I gain any amount of weight at this few calories and this much exercise... how am I going to even maintain this weight? One reason why I have decided to go into maintenance short of my original goal. All the advice I have for you is to keep on keepin' on. I've noticed that if I have a gain one week then the next week, a LOT will come off and it will all be worth it!

ETA: I see that you're already in a better frame of mind. Good for you! Seeing you and everyone bounce back from frustrations is an inspiration - thank you for sharing.

Mommy2Princesses - Might want to ask your doctor about that one! I've never experienced it. Is it cramping because that could definitely be helped with more water and electrolytes. Try broth!

Dana - I'm sorry for your weekend. I had one of those too! I felt so much better going back to all protein and 500 calories. You want to get back into ketosis asap.

Congrats to everyone for their losses!!! Woohoo!!!
Old 06-03-2010, 05:37 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTeacherNC View Post
Well, I fell off the wagon a bit this past weekend. Darn you cornbread! It is so hard to go to parties and places where I'm not in charge of what is being cooked. I weigh in tomorrow and feeling frustrated already with what I'm going to see on the scale. I'm sure I'll be down a little, but not much. I too feel like for what we pay, more should be included in the program. Financially I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep up with the program I'm a teacher and will be off for the summer and really need that accountablity while I'm out on summer break. I think I'll stick with it through August and try my best to lose as much as I can before I exit the program. I still play to follow the program on my own though. Just not sure how well I'll do without the AS and weekly weigh in. I feel like the support is limited at my clinic and all I do is weigh in, get my shots, and talk with them for a minute. We shall see what the scale says tomorrow...

I hope you had a gret weigh in!! remember even skinny girls have a piece of bread once in a while.

I feel you on the money issue. Like very time I run out of something I have to pay for it, AND they want me to go off of the AS when I get to 150 (still 20# from my goal) so that's one less thing. Ive gone without the B6 shot... I think when I hit 150 Im going to stock up on medi-melts and a few journals (I can use my own but I like theirs and its only 6$) and use my own multivitamins/calcium/everything else. My mom is a nurse and said she would help me find the shots from a reputable source and give them to me.

I am a single mom and 70 a week is a lot of money. It is totally worth it for the weight i lost, I just get upset because when I joined I was assured "EVERYTHING IS INCLUDED" repeatedly. I specifically was told the medi-melts were included (and they arent).

Regardles though, I lost 20# in month which is nuts. I love the program and will stick to it as long as I financially can. Itd be different if i had 20# total to loose but I have 50, and thats a lot of moola.

Good luck today everyone

Mini Goal - 130 by 10/30
Ultimate Goal - 120 by the end of the year.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:28 AM   #51
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GirlInJersey
Stats: 291.2/207.0/180(for now)
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: March 9, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
I kind of felt that way too. :/ I never got the shots because I ended up being allergic to them. They did give me a $10 discount and threw in the b vitamin that goes under the tongue to make up for it.

Now I'm not even on the AS so I cut back to every other week. They were more than willing to work with me on the number of visits. Cutting back on the amount of visits have also cut into my success though. The expense and the accountability was a big part of it all as crazy as that sounds.
I totally agree with the expense making your more accountable. My parents know that my weight has been a struggle for me for a long time, and even though I'm an adult, they still offered to help me pay for it. I thought about it, but I really feel that with me putting out the money if I don't follow the plan, it will be a total waste. And let's face it, it's easier to waste someone else's money than your own. I've been very lucky and have been super successful so far. And a big part of my motivation is the money. It's rough, but it'll be worth it in the end!
Week 1: -16, Week 2: -6.2, Week 3: -6.2, Week 4: -3. Week 5: -3.4, Week 6: -4.8, Week 7: -3.4, Week 8: -4.8, Week 9: -3.6, Week 10: -0.8, Week 11: -6.8, Week 12: -1.8, Week 13: -6.0, Week 14: -2, Week 15: -0.8, Week 16: -6.2, Week 17: vacation - no weigh-in, Week 18: -2.6, Week 19: -1.6, Week 20: -1.2, Week 21: -3.4, Week 22: -0.4, Week 23: +0.8
-----------------
Total: -84.2
Old 06-03-2010, 08:40 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

these look... AMAZING

http://lowcarbdiets. about. com/od/candy/r/sugarfreefudge.htm (without the spaces)

has anyone worked with erythritol? I know netrion sells it...
Old 06-03-2010, 08:45 AM   #53
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Azurro
Stats: 229.2/193.8/160
Start Date: May 2010
Hi all--
I just got back from my 4th weigh in-- I lost 3.6 this week for a total of 22.2.... this site has been so helpful....thanks everyone
Old 06-03-2010, 10:02 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Looks like a great recipe! When you try it, let everyone know and add it to the dessert thread for sure. I have yet to make any of the medi desserts because I'm afraid of them. lol For my chocolate fix I'll occasional have a small square (and I mean SMALL) of regular high quality very dark chocolate. The carbs and calories at that amount are negligible and totally worth it to me. They're better than the low carb russell stover waxy chocolate things I used to buy. Plus honestly I don't need anything but dark chocolate (no nuts, caramel, toffee, whatever) to satisfy me.

Lindt sells an 85% cacoa bar divided into little squares that are 30 calories each and 1 carb. I just have to limit myself to 1 a day. In the evening. With a cup of coffee.

Last edited by eptexy; 06-03-2010 at 10:03 AM..
Old 06-03-2010, 10:34 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

i just ordered the erythritol. Im the same way, i don't really make the medi desserts cause I figure Ill just eat the whole recipe. Im kind of in my comfort zone. Ill let you know how they come up!! I also bought stuff to make mashed cauliflower tonight, and I think Ill add in some part-skim ricotta.... cannot wait.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:48 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

I loooove mashed cauliflower - I can really overeat the stuff though! Yesterday I bought some of that fat free hidden valley ranch packets for seasoning and some non-fat sour cream! A little cheddar on top and it's to die for.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:28 PM   #57
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sweedei
Stats: 194/156/140 (5'4")
Start Date: May 6, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
I loooove mashed cauliflower - I can really overeat the stuff though! Yesterday I bought some of that fat free hidden valley ranch packets for seasoning and some non-fat sour cream! A little cheddar on top and it's to die for.
Hmmm, that sounds really good for dinner tonight. Never had smashed cauliflower. I will try that tonight. I loved mashed potatoes- seems like the same premise but without the carb. Thanks!!!
Old 06-03-2010, 12:53 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Im making it tonight too according to Medi's recipe but with a bit of low fat ricotta (sounds like it would work...) and fat free ranch instead of light ranch (to me they both taste just the same so why not...) let me know how it works and Ill do the same!
Old 06-03-2010, 01:15 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
I am a constipation sufferer too - it can easily jeopardize any diet. It did for me numerous times. Every time I would decrease the amount of food on my next diet, the constipation would strike me hard. I started Medi in January and lost 73 lb in 19 weeks, still 35 lb to go for the ideal weight (don't even remember when was the last time I had it, though). I was terrified that constipation would derail my efforts. I started with the Medi Colon Cleanse on a day1 and I am using miralax daily. At first (for about 3 months) it worked great. Now it works but not as good as I would like. At the clinic they told me to add fiber but I haven't yet - I am having hard time staying in ketosis, even when following the program religiously. I drink at least 64 oz of water, exercise 5-6 days a week, but that does not have any effect. I wish there is something out there that we can take forever and not losing its effect.

I saw an advice about magnesium, I am just afraid to add that and it will stop working also.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:31 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Definitely need to drink 128 oz. of water. DOUBLE that.

All of a sudden I'm having issues as well. Not good when I have weigh in tomorrow.

Ortal, fat free cream cheese would be good too!
Closed Thread