Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 06:23 AM   #451
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
i "cheated" and had a triscuit last night... can you believe the things we consider cheating now? I used to be able to down half a box of rosemary and olive oil triscuits after i had dinner. Im sure I still could, but I could barely enjoy my ONE last night. I love its salty, crunchy goodness. I should check for ketosis..

have fun on your trip Erin, Im doing a week in Boston with the boyfriend in August and I really want to loose as much as I can before then maintain that week. I cant wait to see pictures from this trip as opposed to last years trip. I plan on drinking and eating out, but I wont be able to drink much since I havent in so long, Ill be quite the cheap date. no more 700 calorie margaritas or scorpion bowls. I requested a fridge in the room so I can stock up on essentials. We dont want to eat out 3 meals a day, not good for the diet and the waste-line. Luckily the hotel has a gym too so thatll offset the late nights I cannot wait!!

Mini Goal - 130 by 10/30
Ultimate Goal - 120 by the end of the year.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2010, 08:28 AM   #452
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 20, 2010
Have a wonderful trip Erin! Ortal, don't beat yourself up. I find the only way to beat cravings for things is to take one small bite and then leave it alone. We went to Red Lobster a few weeks ago and those biscuits smell delicious. I had a tiny bite and then the craving was gone. It helped so much and it also helped me to be able to not want to eat the whole thing like I would have done in the past.

For my motivation today...my goal was to be at or below 170 by today and it has been panicking me for days since this seems to be my plateau weight. Got up and got on the scale this morning and I was 169!!! YAY! I feel like I can do it all today!

Do Over Mini Goal: at or below 160 before May
Old 06-30-2010, 09:29 AM   #453
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: julesrnc
Stats: 5'6" 190/174/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 4/25/10
Wow Shelley, CONGRATS on exceeding your goal. I had set a goal of 170 by July 1st. This morning I was 172, not there yet but close. Yesterday I ate 700cal and was feeling terrible about it, but today I am renewed again after seeing a loss on my scale. I know we are not supposed to weigh every day, but I do.

Ortal, Just dust off and continue on. We are human, therefore we do things like eat the wrong thing at times. Sometimes I just get a craving that won't go away until it is satisfied. I find it best for me to satisfy it rather than go crazy over it.

Lins, I too find my friends very supportive. A night out with "girls" always perks me up and renews my spirit.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:58 AM   #454
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
[QUOTE=lins;13641786]UGH! On top of my cravings my mother-n-law (who has been overweight for a long time) went out and bought candy for everyone for tonight (not for me). She bought all my favorites, and I am just going to have to sit in the movies while everyone around me eats it. Not only am I frustrated because I can't have any, but also because I don't really want my kids eatting that much candy either. I have been able to avoid it all without too much problems up to this point, but add in impending TOM and I am just close to tears now. I know it's hormones but still it's not a good night.

And to top it off my normally supportive husband said "this will be good temptation practice for you". I know he's right, but that just makes it worse. QUOTE]

I understand what a nightmare this is....especially since I'm newer to this. I love, love, love twizzlers and sugary candy and anything sweet. I have had to go to three kids birthday parties since I started medi this month and I got super cranky at every one of them towards the end. It sucks to have to see and smell all the junk food and no be able to touch it. My husband tries not to "rub it in" but he'll get ice cream or treats for my son and himself and I sit there and my son will ask me if I want a bite of his or something....and last night, my sweet little boy said he had a present for me...it was a ziplock bag of candy he had been hoarding in his backpack...for me. That's hard to say no to...but I had to. Also, being at the mall is a huge trigger for me....I go shopping and I eat pretzels or cookies or food court stuff...and I couldn't last time we went and it made me really frustrated and hard to be around. I completely feel your pain.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:05 AM   #455
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GirlInJersey
Stats: 291.2/207.0/180(for now)
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: March 9, 2010
Well I made it to 75lbs lost before 4th of July. It was a goal of mine and I am so happy that I accomplished it! I'm still losing my hair like crazy, and that is very upsetting...but overall I am happy.

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!
Old 06-30-2010, 10:47 AM   #456
Senior LCF Member

I wasnt really beating myself up, just making more of an observation what a drastic change my definition of cheating has become. It was just one triscuit
Old 06-30-2010, 10:49 AM   #457
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlInJersey View Post
Well I made it to 75lbs lost before 4th of July. It was a goal of mine and I am so happy that I accomplished it! I'm still losing my hair like crazy, and that is very upsetting...but overall I am happy.

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!

and a big congrats to you! Thats amazing you must feel so so good enjoy your weekend as well.

Were having a BBQ at lunch and i bought some chicken-garlic sausage so I dont have to eat the grade D beef they will be providing us with. cannot wait
Old 06-30-2010, 10:59 AM   #458
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
Start Date: May 20, 2010
Ah ok Ortal!!! I still think you do fabulous! Congrats Julesmc and GirlinJersey! The both of you are doing well! Keep it up!

Lins & Charlene, that is so incredibly hard. I find people around me (with the exception of my family) are extremely unhelpful! They constantly try to sabotage you and I can't figure out why. Unless they are just unhappy with themselves, why try to be so destructive to those who are trying to improve themselves? Ah well! Just keep on keeping on and give yourself the gift of health! Believe me, I do sonograms, I KNOW what fatty livers and plaque in vessels look like. I know what diabetes and associated atherosclerosis looks like from the inside and sadly enough, I know the destruction in does in loss of limbs, kidneys, and loss of life. So keep on doing what you are doing so that you do not become a statistic!!! *hugs*
Old 06-30-2010, 11:00 AM   #459
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Congrats Jersey! Wow 75 lbs is outstanding!

I'm getting super nervous about our trip and trying to prepare. I'm never that afraid of eating out - it's the staying at family's house that bothers me the most and we'll be staying with my sweet 85 year old grandmother for 2 days. Surely there will be protein at every meal - I'm just not sure how lean it will be. Tricky situations will probably be breakfast and lunch when most people plan on cereal and sandwiches. I'm going to pack protein drink powder in individual servings (baggies) that I can mix with water. Also getting some bars. I would bring almonds but honestly, I trust myself around cereal more than I do almonds. lol

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!
Old 06-30-2010, 03:09 PM   #460
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanna1 View Post
I am having similar feelings ladies. I got into a big fight with my husband last night. To put it in context, we rarely fight; we both are not good with conflict. He said that I am so absorbed into how I look and what I am eating. It is apparently the only thing that I talk about. If I am not talking about food, I am working out.

I told him that I am so tired of yo-yo-ing and I have spent so much money on Medi that I want to make sure that it sticks. I want to figure out what I need to do to stay at this weight and then hopefully be able to think less about it.

Today, I stopped at Kohl's for work pants while travelling to my hotel for the night (very early meeting tomorrow). I bought size 4 pants. There was only a size 4 and a size 14 in the style that I like. I took the 4 into the dressing room, not believing that they would fit. After I put them on, I couldn't believe that they fit. I held them up and they look so small, but they fit comfortably and looked decent. I keep thinking that they must be mislabeled or grossly vanity sized. My brain is really screwed up! Hopefully this will correct itself over time because right now, I still see a size 12 girl in the mirror.
Suzanna, I kept meaning to respond to your post specifically because I could have said it myself. While I haven't fought with my husband... yet. I feel like it's coming because he is getting intensely bored with my obsession with dieting, how I look, exercise, etc. I too am so worried that if I lose my focus I will start to gain. Now I'm obsessing over getting plastic surgery - that we can't afford but my husband will never tell me no. It's getting to be a bit much and I'm headed down a conflict-ridden road with him if I don't curb it.

A friend and I looked in on a Zumba class yesterday. A woman was sitting there with her baby. I'd say she was very average sized. I said, "The class looks fun but why does every room have wall to wall mirrors?" I was joking... but not. The lady said she only wished she looked like me. I thought she was kidding but she was dead serious. My friend was like, SEEE???? You are SMALL! I still don't believe it. I used to get so irritated with thin women criticizing their bodies but now I completely understand. Sometimes your body can't be good enough and that's really kind of messed up!! I need to remember how annoying that is to other people and learn to shut my mouth - even when I"m feeling really unsure of my looks. No one else needs to know.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:45 PM   #461
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Make the Medi Gummies!

[QUOTE=Charlene4;13644701][QUOTE=lins;13641786]UGH! On top of my cravings my mother-n-law (who has been overweight for a long time) went out and bought candy for everyone for tonight (not for me). She bought all my favorites, and I am just going to have to sit in the movies while everyone around me eats it. Not only am I frustrated because I can't have any, but also because I don't really want my kids eatting that much candy either. I have been able to avoid it all without too much problems up to this point, but add in impending TOM and I am just close to tears now. I know it's hormones but still it's not a good night.

And to top it off my normally supportive husband said "this will be good temptation practice for you". I know he's right, but that just makes it worse. QUOTE]

I understand what a nightmare this is....especially since I'm newer to this. I love, love, love twizzlers and sugary candy and anything sweet. QUOTE]

Trust me, you'll like the medi gummies and it's all protein. Go to the dessert thread on medi, or look up a couple of days ago, we've been discussing them.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:01 PM   #462
Major LCF Poster!

Erin - My daughter teaches aerobics, fitness classes, etc and she says she took a Zumba class from the Y where she works at and loves it! I'm hoping to get my fitness level up enough that I could have endurance to be in a class someday....
Old 06-30-2010, 04:22 PM   #463
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nance7
Stats: 5'3" 165/125/135 Restart 7/9/12 at 142
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 5/31/2010
Just wanted to thank everyone again for the great inspiration that you are to me every day. Just had my 4-week weigh-in (should I be on the Newbie board?), and I'm down 14.1 in just the first 4 weeks! Thanks for being here. I love all of the posts, even if I'm still mostly reading and not posting. Not sure I could be doing this without you!

Nance
Old 06-30-2010, 05:03 PM   #464
Senior LCF Member

Nance, that is amazing! You are so close already. Thank YOU for the inspiration!
Old 06-30-2010, 05:04 PM   #465
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Erin - My daughter teaches aerobics, fitness classes, etc and she says she took a Zumba class from the Y where she works at and loves it! I'm hoping to get my fitness level up enough that I could have endurance to be in a class someday....
I can't wait! It looks SO fun. Really, it's for all fitness levels, girl! There were 80 year olds in the class I saw!
Old 06-30-2010, 05:44 PM   #466
Major LCF Poster!

Erin - She (my daughter) is a 110% effort exerciser and she said she had a workout visiting/participating in the Zumba class and hurt in places she hasn't hurt! She's been teaching aerobics (turbokick), buttz N gutz, and other classes for over 5 years and teaches about 6-8 hours a wk Probably just her effort. She doesn't want to learn how to teach this (Zumba) cuz you have to change it every so often and she's already having to have certifications in other things, plus is in grad school, limited funds...but she plans to go again for her own workout....she says it was fun!
Old 06-30-2010, 05:50 PM   #467
Senior LCF Member

Sounds like I need to be more like your daughter.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:08 AM   #468
Senior LCF Member

so i had weigh in last night (after canceling my appointment initially... ) and WHOA i am down 3.8 lbs! 2 of those were water weight but the past 3 weeks i hadnt lost any water and all fat. -34.40 Total and about 15 to go Im so excited!!

my goal for this week: I NEED NEED NEED to step up the exercise. I dont want to be all flabby when this is over.

Today is our work BBQ... i brought some miracle noodles in and some chicken sausage. Cant wait However its a bit awkward when every time you eat you have 10 people staring at it asking about it, but its the price you pay for beauty *dramatic hair flip here*

HAVE A FABULOUS DAY!!!

Last edited by Ortal; 07-01-2010 at 05:10 AM..
Old 07-01-2010, 05:37 AM   #469
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I went out with friends last night for a girl's night and order a steak. All my friends were very complimentary and supportive, and for the first time in years I wasn't "the fat girl" in the group which just made me feeling amazing!!!!!

One thing that I am finding very annoying is all the people who say "oh I tried the low carb diet and lost a lot of weight, but gained it all back". I've heard this so many times. I don't want to go into why "I" don't think that will happen to me, because it's not worth it, but it's a bit discouraging. I am determined to keep this weight off. I refuse to be a statistic. But I really wish people would just keep their mouths shut. Thankfully it's not my friends saying stuff like this but people that I don't know very well.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:38 AM   #470
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Oh and I got for my 12 week weigh-in tomorrow, but my TOM is here as of today, and stastically this is the week that I don't loose, so i am a little bit nervous about tomorrow, but know that if I stick with plan my numbers in the next few weeks will be great again.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:53 AM   #471
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/171/149 5'8" 38 years old
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortal View Post
so i had weigh in last night (after canceling my appointment initially... ) and WHOA i am down 3.8 lbs! 2 of those were water weight but the past 3 weeks i hadnt lost any water and all fat. -34.40 Total and about 15 to go Im so excited!!
Congratulations, Ortal!!! Under 150 ~ woo-hoo!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
Oh and I got for my 12 week weigh-in tomorrow, but my TOM is here as of today, and stastically this is the week that I don't loose, so i am a little bit nervous about tomorrow, but know that if I stick with plan my numbers in the next few weeks will be great again.
I think it is great that you have a good understanding of how your body behaves and you have set your expectations accordingly. Hopefully, you will be surprised with a good loss, but either way... you know a good loss is coming soon!
Old 07-01-2010, 06:01 AM   #472
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
One thing that I am finding very annoying is all the people who say "oh I tried the low carb diet and lost a lot of weight, but gained it all back". I've heard this so many times. I don't want to go into why "I" don't think that will happen to me, because it's not worth it, but it's a bit discouraging. I am determined to keep this weight off. I refuse to be a statistic. But I really wish people would just keep their mouths shut. Thankfully it's not my friends saying stuff like this but people that I don't know very well.

I get that a lot.... I used to tell people about medi then I just got "omg youre starving yourself" so I went to 'oh Im just eating low carb and low cal' and am told that Ill just gain it back. Whatever, you and I and everyone here will have the last laugh when we defy the odds. most people who lose weight (including myself at certain points) gain it back low carb or not. Its still a lot of work.

oh hey.... should there be a July thread??

Last edited by Ortal; 07-01-2010 at 06:04 AM..
Old 07-01-2010, 06:20 AM   #473
Senior LCF Member

It's all about the verbage. If you say "low carb" people immediately think Atkins and double bacon cheeseburgers. If you say "low carb and low cal" they think a BITE of a double bacon cheeseburger. lol If you say "controlled carb" or even "I watch my carbs and my calorie intake" people don't think twice about it. If you talk about vegetables and such people lay off for the most part.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:05 PM   #474
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Friends! I'm so excited! My youngest daughter just called (also in grad school) and she's going to be able to go with my DH and I to visit other daughter in Ohio in August when oldest does her triathalon, then all vacation in TN! Whoo Hoo!! Cannot wait to show oldest DD that Mom is looking much healthier with all this weight loss....last saw me about a week before I joined this site in December, when I was at 190 lbs. Wow, I cringe to think about carrying around all that extra WEIGHT. So unhealthy! But, I still have my hip bone structure that keeps me looking square, short waisted, etc. Need to remember I'll never look like a size 2. I will never be smaller than a size 8 probably, and still playing around in 10's and 12's in some styles though I'm 148 lbs. Yet, some of you are much smaller pant size wise. Oh well. I still have much to do in thighs and hips, and abds and arms, and... For a "view" click on my avatar on the left to see other photo, I was about 180 in that photo taken 1 1/2 years ago. I'm still learning to control my anxious feelings. It helps to listen to the Beck CD.

Last edited by Fit2010; 07-01-2010 at 01:09 PM..
Old 07-01-2010, 02:04 PM   #475
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
We now have a new July thread begun by one of our members. So we will lock this one up.

Thanks.

Jo
Closed Thread