Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 07:38 AM   #421
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
so kind of an odd question... i bought a pair of size 8 liz claibourne pants 2 weeks ago and now they are too large on me. Way too nice to just donate... does anyone here want them? I hope thats not weird to ask, they are just so new and I have only gotten to wear them twice.

its these:

Liz Claiborne Audra Career Pants Reviews | 5 reviews | Buzzillions.com

in gray.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2010, 07:50 AM   #422
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
My wedding ring has been sliding around for weeks, but thankfully not off yet! I wore mine on my right hand one day last week when I thought it would slip off....I would feel naked not wearing it at all! So I put a different ring on my wedding finger. I'd had my rings resized on our 25 year anniversary because of the weight gain...looks like I'll have to have them resized smaller again! I saw a picture in my Fat Chance book that the gal that wrote it appeared to be wearing her wedding ring on her middle finger instead once she got near the end of the Biggest Loser program.

Lea, here's my list: Things being thinner has done to me:
1-I can tuck in my shirts, and prefer it!
2-I choose to wear sleeveless tops all the time now this summer.
3-I get chilly in A/C sometimes....not as much body fat keeping me warm!
4-Had to have a link taken out of my watch about a month ago so I wouldn't damage the crystal as it always banged on cabinets, etc because it had "gotten" too big!
5-When I put my hands on my hips to stand and talk I feel my pelvic bones instead of the rolls that padded them.
6-I have a longer lap for my cat to jump onto--(he's so sweet (Storm), he's 16 and loves me being home this summer for a change, sits on my lap whenever I'm at the computer or on the couch)--my big belly and chunky legs are flatter so I have more long thigh area!
7-My hairstyle (same) looks better because the focus goes to my eyes instead of previous double chin!
8-Being thinner has also made me want to be less flabby, so I'm exercising/toning for a change!
9-I've seen some guys turn their heads as I walk by....it's still nice!
10-I love the way I feel in my husband's arms!

Lins, Ortal, Azurro - Sometimes what has worked for me is to tell myself that sugar and needless/nutritionless carbs are POISON to me. I used to wish I'd become allergic to sugar.....then years and years later I developed insulin resistance, so it literally is something that is more than my body can correctly handle! It's harder to tell myself that (or think of it) when it's been emotional...so I'm still a work in progress!

Last edited by Fit2010; 06-28-2010 at 07:57 AM..
Old 06-28-2010, 07:54 AM   #423
Major LCF Poster!

Ortal - I do! They would be nice to wear when I'm with my students in the Fall....with my new nursing lab jacket in "small"!! PM me how we can do this.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:54 AM   #424
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 20, 2010
I'll be happy when I can hug my hubby and there is no belly between us. He's so thin and I feel like I can't snuggle against him and that has always bothered me.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:54 AM   #425
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
I took my husband to the doctor this morning and they put him on some antibiotics. On our way home he grabbed my wrist and felt my hand, wrist and arm, then said, "Honey, there's nothing left of you. Surely you're about to maintenance. There's nothing left for me to hold onto." Well, dang, I love that man. I said about 10 more pounds. Since I started this C25K program, I think I'm really going to see results in the next two weeks. I got sight of my reflection in the glass at the pharmacy, and I actually LIKED what I saw (today, anyway!!) Have I thanked you guys lately for motivating me?
Old 06-28-2010, 11:54 AM   #426
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
My Mother in law is in town and we have been eatting out a lot more than normal. I just keep packing my lunch and I've been fine. Like today she wanted to take the kids to McDonald's so I took a cheese stick and some lunch meat with me and ate that while they were eatting their greasy cheeseburgers. The food didn't even look good to me because I could just imagine how it would make me feel it I ate it. It's actually been quiet intresting this week watching my mother in law eat because she is overweight. She has eatten a TON in the few days that she has been here. Everytime I turn around she is snacking on something again, and she eats large portions at meal times. I know that's the way I was eatting just a few months ago and it's shocking. I am so glad that I have found this program!!

Now remind me of that in a few days. I stepped on the scale this morning and haven't changed since Friday. My TOM should be here Wed or Thur. so I know that my Friday weight-in won't be all that great. I just keep telling myself this so that I hopefully won't be too disappointed.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:56 AM   #427
Senior LCF Member

Oh ya I've also weaned myself off the AS. In 5 days I've only taken 1 of the pills (I can take up three a day). This makes me really happy because I know that I can do it alone, that I'm not just using the AS.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:24 PM   #428
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 2/26/09
Adjusting to the NEW YOU

Hi y'all......

I read all your posts and,boy oh boy, I can identify with y'all!!!!

The looser clothes,the need to replace all those I've grown down out of,the feeling of bones instead of padding , the comments from my hubby and those from other male "admirers" ,the loose wedding ring.....

I'm telling you folks,these ARE your trophies!!!
My coworkers were the first to comment on the clothes because I'm an RN too. I was told that I couldn't wear some of my favorite uniforms cuz they were too big on me . I was freaked out!! So I bought new ones and handed down my old ones!!
I had jeans varying in size from 24w to 12w...I quickly grew down out of those and donated those to my family members-cousins etc. I now wear a 4-6 or 7-9 juniors I buy my jeans on the sale racks at Walmart...they hit $5.00 and then they're mine Same with the tops-started at 3x now I wear a size S or M (L in juniors!!!) Those tops I grew out of went the same direction as those jeans!!!
The wedding ring is another interesting story because when it was bought for me,it was too big (yep I was small when I got married).Then I bought a chain to wear it on when I got too big.It's BACK on the chain now!!! I lost it at work 1 day 1 of my coworkers found it in the parking lot!!
It's been on the chain ever since.....I will get it sized soon...want to make sure my weight is stable first!!!
I've spent months seeing my reflection in windows and mirrors and not know who that is! I still dream that I'm fat!!! It's a shock in the mornings sometimes!
However, I'm enjoying the new me...the hanging skin-improving slowly,the fat blobs under my skin-I consider this a payment for my sin of gluttony (that comment is totally directed at me!!!)
I have a ritual of going to Starbucks after my workouts...I'm still in my gym clothes which are very flattering-not intentionally but because it's easier to work out in clothes that fit right!!! 1 day,there were a couple of 20+ year olds sitting outside the door and all I heard on the way by was "Oh yeah!!!!"
I'm going to be 44yo this year!!! Those boys admiring me makes my day and validates all the hard work I've put in to achieve my goal weight!!

Enjoy the journey folks!!!!

cindy
Old 06-28-2010, 01:58 PM   #429
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Cindy - way to go on losing 100 lbs! My closet too goes from size 22 and 2x tops to size 12's and L/XL tops (the clothes that I've held on to through the years in hopes of being skinny again!). I am now officially done with the 22's! I figure I've lost 1/3 of what I want to lose! How long did it take you to lose the 100 lbs and hit maintenance? You're an inspiration! It must feel so good to be able to shop in any store....I so look forward to that day!

Lins - way to go with weaning down the AS! This past week I've completely cut down to 2 a day (and actually today I've only had 1). Definitely not as dependent on it as I was only a few weeks ago!

Love how we all compare our weight to how our wedding rings fit...prior to starting MWL I couldn't wear my engagement ring anymore (my wedding band is slightly larger and I was still able to wear it). It broke my heart that it didn't fit anymore. After 2 weeks on Medi, it fit again. Now at almost 7 weeks (weigh-in tomorrow!) it is very easy to put on and off. So happy with that! When I got engaged I was 22 years old and wearing a size 8/10 (after just having lost 60 lbs...which I gained back plus some!). Now at age 30, I so want to be that size 10 again! When I lost the weight at the age of 21-22...I was able to get down to a size 6, 145 lbs. That was so unrealistic for me and my body frame - I had to eat very little and have lots and lots of cardio. Which is why I couldn't maintain the weight loss. At least this time I feel like I have the support to do this the "smart" way - the forever way. It amazes me though that to get to the "normal" range of BMI - I need to be at that weight. I wish things like bone structure/frame size were taken into account when BMI was decided.

I really want to buy shrimp to cook on the grill this week - any recommendations how? Never done it before!

-Keri

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11

Last edited by mommy2princesses; 06-28-2010 at 02:06 PM..
Old 06-28-2010, 03:20 PM   #430
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
Start Date: 2/26/09
Hi Kerry-

Thanks for the compliments
Lost 100lbs in 26 wks!! Stuck to MWL like glue.Adhered to the diet,worked out, and took all the supplements and drank all the water I was supposed to...I still drink a lot of water
I had my cheat moments but made sure to be careful after I did it :blush:
Now,I still stick to MWL-low fat protein and lotsa veggies and occasional fruit.
My exceptions-sweet potato fries and my apple slices. I have my apple every night with some lower fat cheese-helps me not be hungry all night
I would put pics up BUT my puter is being mean and I'm having probs getting them here. I also don't have a really good pic of me in the "before" stage.
I was very very very good at avoiding cameras
I've maintained since the middle of September-my weight varies about 5lbs at most. I REFUSE to allow myself anymore than those 5lbs!!!
I have a whole group of my coworkers watching me with eagle eyes to see if I regain any...about 5 of them are now on MWL as well and doing well I might add!!
I was about the largest person at work...now I'm among the smallest!!!

Keep strong and committed!!!!!

cindy
Old 06-28-2010, 05:15 PM   #431
Senior LCF Member

Cindy thanks so much for coming back and chatting with us, you are an inspiration!!!

Does anyone subscribe to a Low Carb Magazine? I thought it would be helpful if monthly I was getting something in the mail with recipes and articles on living a low carb lifestyle. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Old 06-28-2010, 06:24 PM   #432
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: julesrnc
Stats: 5'6" 190/174/140
Start Date: 4/25/10
Going for week 9 weigh in tomorrow. Wish me luck. I'm working toward 170.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:05 PM   #433
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonoRoo View Post
Welcome Nance! What a wonderful motivator! Keep it up!

This week has been so hard. I'm terrified of the plateau, but I have been following everyone's advice and exercising and really watching what I eat. I have made it to 171 and I think I will meet my second mini-goal of 170 or below by Wednesday. I really think this time I will make it below and then start dropping the weight again. I truly hope so!

I gave away all my XL scrubs at work this last week and bought L scrubs, but they are looking like they will only be useful for a month or maybe a little longer. I was trying to find ways to save money on scrubs and found that people sell whole lots of S or M scrubs on ebay. So I may do that as a transition. Way cheaper than paying $28 per top or pant.

It feels wonderful, but it is hard coping with body image a little. I keep noticing all my clothes are looser and things fit differently, but every time I look at myself in the mirror naked I still see the same body. It doesn't look different to me. Does anyone else seem to have this body image issue?

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
This is a little late....but I totally understand. I am new to Medi and to this site but I have struggled all my life with weight. When I was 16 years old I weighed 220lbs (at 5'6"). I went from 220 to 140 within 5-6 months in an EXTREMELY unhealthy way that I'd rather not talk too much about. I had enough of the teasing in school and was fed up and decided to take action. After that, I learned my lesson about "crash dieting" but still had (and will always have) an unhealthy relationship with food. I managed to stay within 5 pounds of 135-140 for the remainder of my teenage years and into my early twenties by eating VERY LITTLE and exercising very frequently. Again, definately not that healthy. I would binge a few times a months and then workout heavily and eat less to make up for it. For all those years I always thought I was too fat....I was always trying to lose more weight but for some reason by body wouldn't let me. Fast forward to Apr 2006 (24 years old), I got pregnant and got a free "all you can eat" pass. I ate nothing but fattening delicious foods. I was 137 when I found out I was pregnant and went up to 189 the day I delivered (3 weeks early). I managed to get back to 140 by the time my son was 5 months old....by eating mostly low fat popcorn and exercising while he napped. I stopped working to care for him which gave me a lot more time to obsess over my weight. Once I started working full time again, I gained 15 pounds quickly because I was eating out a lot and didn't have as much time to work out. After about 2 years of making excuses of being bloated, etc, etc instead of just admitting that I'd gained weight and take action...I decided again, that enough was enough. I am grateful to have a friend that told me about Medi. While I don't expect instant gratification....it seems to be working well so far. My point is, I have always seen myself as fat....regardless of my weight. In my early twenties, I was in great shape, lean and muscular....but I would pinch at the slightest "fat" and beat myself up. I'm hoping that learning this new WOE will really help me out for the long run. I don't think people who have been overweight for an extended period EVER get rid of the thoughts of not looking good enough. We'll always struggle with seeing a fat reflection, at least some of the time.Hopefully, also, as I get older, I will get wiser about what's really important. Sorry to be so long winded.....
Old 06-28-2010, 07:30 PM   #434
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
~Cindy~Once again, you are right on the money. Good to see you in here again!

Jo
Old 06-29-2010, 06:11 AM   #435
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nsjx
Stats: 203.5/159/159 - maintenance
WOE: medi
Start Date: April 17, 2010
Question: Do you count Flaxseed meal as protein? I have been adding 2 tablespoon with my eggwhites for a tasty morning pancake.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:12 AM   #436
Senior LCF Member

Charlene- I highly recommend the book "It's not about Food" by Carol Normandi I got mine from the library but I liked it so much that I may buy it so that I can underline and write in it. It was an amazing book, in my option. But it talks a lot about eatting disorders (both over and under eatting, and binging) and how to overcome those disorders and have a positive body image. It's really good.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:42 AM   #437
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 20, 2010
Oye vey, my mini-goal is 170 or below tomorrow and I am 170.5 today! EEP!!!

I am almost below my plateau weight and I am SO excited!!! Not so excited about TS/Hurricane Alex though. I do not want to board up. We're already getting some heavy rain here. Now I am not able to swim in the pool or ride my bike. I need to find some exercise to do inside.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:28 AM   #438
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
Charlene- I highly recommend the book "It's not about Food" by Carol Normandi I got mine from the library but I liked it so much that I may buy it so that I can underline and write in it. It was an amazing book, in my option. But it talks a lot about eatting disorders (both over and under eatting, and binging) and how to overcome those disorders and have a positive body image. It's really good.
Thanks, I'm looking for it on amazon right now. ...and I just realized I quoted the totally wrong thing on my last post....oops.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:07 AM   #439
Senior LCF Member

Cravings are driving me crazy these last few days. My TOM should be here tomorrow and I am craving chocolate really bad. I tried a sugar free fudgesicle last night and it didn't help. My mother-n-law is here and we have been super busy so I haven't had time to shop for or make any Medi-friendly desserts. I also drank a chocolate protein shake for lunch and that didn't help either. Just feeling a bit sorry for myself today. These are the days that are hardest for me. But I WILL be successful.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:39 AM   #440
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: julesrnc
Stats: 5'6" 190/174/140
Start Date: 4/25/10
Two more pounds of fat GONE!!
Old 06-29-2010, 11:28 AM   #441
Senior LCF Member

Home from Week 7 Weigh-in....down 4.4 more pounds! I have said goodbye forever to 33.6 lbs!! So excited! I figure in 7 weeks I was able to lose 1/3 of what I want to lose...I know the next 2/3 will be slower going, but anything is possible on MWL.

Now, off to grocery shop....fresh fish for dinner tonight. Mmmmm!

-Keri
Old 06-29-2010, 12:24 PM   #442
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
congrats!!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 12:24 PM   #443
Major LCF Poster!

Lins - I smiled when I read that you had to buy the book so you could mark it up! That's me too! And re: the cravings, I wasn't even craving it yesterday but something that was wonderful and I know can help is cocoa almonds combined with a mouthful of wonderful CA strawberry. I had together last PM for a snack and it was like eating a chocolate covered strawberry! I limited it to about 10 almonds and 2 large strawberries....it satisfied my hunger and made my mouth happy

Congratulations to everyone on the weight and fat losses! Whoo Hoo!! I realized this AM that when I go visit my daughter in about 5 weeks it would be nice to have a swim suit....but I need to go buy one! Would also be nice to have after working out at the Y and sitting in the hot tub. Maybe I'll consider some laps too!?
Old 06-29-2010, 01:43 PM   #444
Senior LCF Member

UGH! On top of my cravings my mother-n-law (who has been overweight for a long time) went out and bought candy for everyone for tonight (not for me). She bought all my favorites, and I am just going to have to sit in the movies while everyone around me eats it. Not only am I frustrated because I can't have any, but also because I don't really want my kids eatting that much candy either. I have been able to avoid it all without too much problems up to this point, but add in impending TOM and I am just close to tears now. I know it's hormones but still it's not a good night.

And to top it off my normally supportive husband said "this will be good temptation practice for you". I know he's right, but that just makes it worse.

Congratulations to all of you who have had good numbers this week. Keep up the good work! We are all facing one of the hardest things we will have to face in life and finding success and I think that is just amazing. Thank you all for the support that you have shown me! Together we can do this.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:08 PM   #445
Senior LCF Member

Going to make medi-gummies tonight....any hints/tricks different than the recipe posted in the dessert thread??? My husband has Friday-Tuesday off and we are planning lots of day trips...thought they'd be a good "snack" to have with me (you know, for those times when dear hubby decides he and the girls need to cool off with an ice cream cone!).

Noticed today that when I carry my 2 year old, she sits differently on my hips. Its a much more comfortable fit...guess with less padding she's easier to hold! Just a random thought!

Have decided that when my daughter turns 5 in September, we're getting professional family pics done. Haven't done them since she was 1....which makes me sad that we don't have a "family" picture with both girls in it! Not sure if I'll have finished the acute phase by then...but I'm making this my mini-goal, to be happy with how I look so that I can cherish the pictures of our family!

-Keri
Old 06-29-2010, 05:20 PM   #446
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
Start Date: 2/10/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
UGH! On top of my cravings my mother-n-law (who has been overweight for a long time) went out and bought candy for everyone for tonight (not for me). She bought all my favorites, and I am just going to have to sit in the movies while everyone around me eats it. Not only am I frustrated because I can't have any, but also because I don't really want my kids eatting that much candy either. I have been able to avoid it all without too much problems up to this point, but add in impending TOM and I am just close to tears now. I know it's hormones but still it's not a good night.

And to top it off my normally supportive husband said "this will be good temptation practice for you". I know he's right, but that just makes it worse.

Congratulations to all of you who have had good numbers this week. Keep up the good work! We are all facing one of the hardest things we will have to face in life and finding success and I think that is just amazing. Thank you all for the support that you have shown me! Together we can do this.
Lins, you're certainly having a rough few days! At the very least I hope the movie is one you want to see!

You're doing so great and you're SO close to goal. Be patient with yourself!! I'm so proud of you!
Old 06-29-2010, 06:25 PM   #447
Senior LCF Member

Why did I not try these medi-gummies sooner!?!?! So good! And it really counts as protein calories!?!? Too good to be true! Definitely something I will have to limit making though, I just ate 1/4 of the container and think I could've eaten the whole thing! They will serve the perfect purpose of a good "on-the-go" snack when everyone else is endulging in a sweet treat!

-Keri
Old 06-29-2010, 06:30 PM   #448
Major LCF Poster!

Keri - I've made the medi gummies, no hints other than DO take them out of the refrigerator and cut them up after they are all cool. Or else they get HARD as glass! I ate the whole thing in 2 or 3 days....yes...protein calories!

Lins - Be kind to yourself. Your mother-in-law probably has issues of how she is not in control and she's trying to sabotage you to make herself feel better, and to prove that "it's the American way" to have fast food, candy, indulge self....etc. Just play along and deal with the emotions. It is really frustrating when your husband won't be on your side and your mother in law is messing with your kids.....this is short term....Your husband is right, this is a test. Sometimes what helps is to recognize the "tests"....Don't take it so personally....And you're right, hormones mess us so badly too!

Last edited by Fit2010; 06-29-2010 at 06:34 PM..
Old 06-30-2010, 05:05 AM   #449
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Congrats to all the losses! It's so fun seeing your success. I've been busy lately but checking in every day for motivation!
Old 06-30-2010, 06:13 AM   #450
Senior LCF Member

I did eat twizzler last night, but I felt okay with that and was still in ketosis this morning. I just took tiny bites and sucked on it for a long time. I am feeling much better today. My MIL left this morning, and I am taking my older two girls to "Discovery Days", which is a kids event at the public garden where my hubby works. While they are there for 1 1/2 hrs I will push my youngest around the garden in her stroller. It's good exercise because it's pretty hilly. Then tonight I am going out for a Girl's Night Out with my friends who are all extermely supportive of my new "low carb healthy eatting". So it will really be a nice way to relax.
Closed Thread