Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 09:58 AM   #391
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NOT2fat4fun
Stats: 190/178/145 again
WOE: Medi
Start Date: May 5, 2009
Ashley - hang in there - you know the program works - it will happen! Focus on something else so you don't sabotage yourself...

Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2010, 01:12 PM   #392
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoVeSwEeTs View Post
Hello everyone - I'm new and have posted on some other threads and gotten some great info. I'm trying to do this diet on my own with a phentermine perscription from my Dr. I had another question I wonder if anyone could answer... I know calories, sugar and carbs all need to be monitored closley- just wondering if total fat grams matters?
McBoo is right - fat in your diet does matter. But what my clinic told me is to not worry about fat grams while you're in acute. At 500 calories a day, it's not possible to have too much fat. If you stretch your calories and focus on lean meat and vegetables, your fat will end up being very low. It's best to stick with simplicity and that worked for me!
Old 06-25-2010, 07:14 PM   #393
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Week 11 Weight-in and down another -2.5 lbs for a total of -32.1lbs! I am -9.5lbs away from goal!!! Now I just need some positive thoughs. Statistically next week is my "off" week. It's the week for TOM and I've just had not so great numbers during that time every single time, so please give me a pep talk and remind me that even though I may not have great numbers next week, when I stick with it, I will have good numbers the following week. I am just SOOOOOOO close to goal!
Old 06-25-2010, 07:38 PM   #394
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Come on Lins....LET's do this thing! I'm cheering you on!!

I cannot decide if 9.5 lbs or 13.8 lbs will "do" it for me. Either way, at the pace I go, it could take a month or so....I look at my body and think, "really, why not 20 lbs" but I know I cannot maintain that amount of loss.

How tall are you?
Old 06-25-2010, 08:51 PM   #395
Senior LCF Member

I'm 5'1. I am not sure I will stay at 135 or go lower, but for now I am calling that goal. I will decide when I get there if I am happy with that or not, or if I think I can maintain lower. That's the very high end of a healthy BMI, and body fat %, so I will probably go lower, but I just keep telling myself that I am going to get to 135 and see how I feel.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:18 AM   #396
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
Lins and Debbie - you've inspired me. I got up early this morning and went out for a walk/jog for 1 mile. I ended up running way over half the distance (alternating) and felt great. I got home and got on the bike for another 30 minutes. I'm off work until after the fourth of July, so this is my new challenge. Walk/jog early in the morning before the heat sets in and work on the C25K program.

Thanks for the inspiration! Oh, PS - 157 on home scale this morning.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:13 PM   #397
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah Lea!! My neighbor wants to start "training" with me too on M-W-F at 0700. Hope I don't get redirected! I've got my goal!!
Old 06-26-2010, 04:49 PM   #398
Senior LCF Member

Yay Good job Debbie!
Old 06-26-2010, 08:56 PM   #399
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nance7
Stats: 5'3" 165/125/135 Restart 7/9/12 at 142
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 5/31/2010
This is my first post here, after almost 4 weeks of Medi Weight Loss. Have lost 13 lbs., by my scales. All of you motivate me so much, and I wanted to share a couple of things that have helped me:

1. Instead of starting this with the idea of giving up so much (I am addicted to sugar, don't care about much else food-wise), I started it with the idea of PURSUING a DREAM of being thin again. Turning the negative into a positive has really helped me.

2. Yesterday, while feeling deprived, I sent myself this email:

"Feeling deprived?

When you were eating everything in sight, OD’ing on sugar and carbs of every kind, you were deprived of:

FEELING GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF
LOOKING GOOD
PRETTY CLOTHES
RECEIVING ADMIRING LOOKS
GOOD HEALTH

WHICH TYPE OF DEPRIVED DO YOU PREFER??"

Thank you to all of you who motivate me every day. I could NOT be doing this without you.

Nance
Old 06-26-2010, 10:03 PM   #400
Major LCF Poster!

Nance

I liked your self note so well I cut and pasted it in an email to myself too! We are working on emotional needs being filled...not real hunger sometimes....
Old 06-27-2010, 08:17 AM   #401
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nance7
Stats: 5'3" 165/125/135 Restart 7/9/12 at 142
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 5/31/2010
Thanks, Debbie. You have been a huge motivator for me; glad I could return the favor!

Nance
Old 06-27-2010, 10:41 AM   #402
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 20, 2010
Welcome Nance! What a wonderful motivator! Keep it up!

This week has been so hard. I'm terrified of the plateau, but I have been following everyone's advice and exercising and really watching what I eat. I have made it to 171 and I think I will meet my second mini-goal of 170 or below by Wednesday. I really think this time I will make it below and then start dropping the weight again. I truly hope so!

I gave away all my XL scrubs at work this last week and bought L scrubs, but they are looking like they will only be useful for a month or maybe a little longer. I was trying to find ways to save money on scrubs and found that people sell whole lots of S or M scrubs on ebay. So I may do that as a transition. Way cheaper than paying $28 per top or pant.

It feels wonderful, but it is hard coping with body image a little. I keep noticing all my clothes are looser and things fit differently, but every time I look at myself in the mirror naked I still see the same body. It doesn't look different to me. Does anyone else seem to have this body image issue?

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Do Over Mini Goal: at or below 160 before May
Old 06-27-2010, 02:31 PM   #403
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Nance! You're gonna like it here!

Shelley, I get exactly what you're saying. I'm still the same chick in the mirror too. I went from having rolls and buldges to now having little tiny bumps of what I'm sure are fat cells. It's GROSS!! I have them on my tummy, my upper thighs and arms. So while my body is changing - I still have issues with the girl looking back at me.

You're doing great and I think you're going to get below 170 very soon!! Great job on the L scrubs!!! When I started Medi, my goal size was a 12 (at 5' 9"+), that was going to be just fine. But then I got into 12's, then they were too big. Then I bought some 10's. Then they were too big. Then I bought some 8's. And most of them are still okay, but I bought all of them at GOODWILL! Sizes are changing too quickly to pay full price. I'll donate everything that's too big back to Goodwill when I hit goal. I hope that's soon!!
Old 06-27-2010, 03:11 PM   #404
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: julesrnc
Stats: 5'6" 190/174/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 4/25/10
Welcome Nance, I too am a sugar eater and understand that no other food really matters, haha.
Soon you will find that you can limit the 'sweet' cravings and manage them by finding alternative ways to 'satisfy' yourself. I love your methods so far. We have to learn to give to ourselves by being good to ourselves. Sugar is not the answer.
Shelley and Lea, I have exactly the same self-image issues. I'm sure it is why I gained most of the weight back after being successful with Medi. The self-image and the thinking take longer to catch up with the weight loss.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:46 PM   #405
Senior LCF Member

I had a conversation with a friend today about yo-yo dieting. She is super supportive of me, and told me I was an inspiration to her. She said that when she loses weight she always ends up gaining it back......... I don't really have the same experiance. I was very small until I got married, I put on some weight but not a ton. Then I had a miscarriage and gained about 20lbs in 3 months. Then I got pregnant again. I nursed all my kids for a year and never really lost much weight while nursing, so then I would have about a year where I dieted and lost some weight, but then I would get pregnant again. So I didn't gain my weight back by poor eatting, I gained it back during pregnancy, and I never gained more than 25lbs during pregnancy but I never lost more than about 15lbs of that....with 3 kids. So I don't really have that yo-yo dieting issue that other people have had. So I am of course very nervous about gaining this weight back.

The funny part of the conversation though. My friend asked me what Iw as going to do when I got to goal to make sure I didn't gain my weight back. And I told her I would keep eatting like I am now, but just more calories of it. She was shocked by that, it was like she had never thought to keep eatting the same healthy food. She then asked if I would never eat bread, or pasta, or sweets again, I said "pretty much no"...... I explained that I may indulge in a small amount a few times a year, but no more than once a month, and I am talking "small" amount. Like one breadstick at an Itallian restraunt, or a small peice of cake on my birthday. She was just shocked that I don't plan on eatting more than that.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:58 PM   #406
Senior LCF Member

That's interesting about your conversation, Lins. Mainly because I could've been your friend. I've lost the same 30 lbs over and over totaling nearly 300 lbs in my lifetime. I can see where you're coming from on that with the bread/pasta/sweets but in wellness, they tell you you're supposed to eat 3 starches, 2 fruits, and 2 vegetables a day to maintain a healthy diet because acute is "not healthy long term" (yes that's a quote). That's a LOT of carbs!!! I have so much anxiety on following people here on this board vs. following what my clinic is saying. It's a juggling act trying to decide what is going to work for my body. Studies do say that many diseases are avoided by eating lots of low glycemic fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. However, if that makes me gain weight, being fat causes lots of health issues as well obviously. Grr...

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!
Old 06-27-2010, 04:05 PM   #407
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonoRoo View Post
Does anyone else seem to have this body image issue?
Yes, absolutely. I'm annoying to even myself and I know for a fact that I'm bugging my husband with my, "does this make me look fat" comments because I still need validation that I look ok. I struggle with whether I'm thin enough every single day. It's so bad that I don't trust what's staring back at me in the mirror. Am I fooling myself? Is the lighting making me look better than I really look? The whole vanity sizing concept is messing with me as well. So am I really a size 10/12 instead of a size 4/6?? It truly shouldn't matter but it soooo does to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
I went from having rolls and buldges to now having little tiny bumps of what I'm sure are fat cells.
Oh gosh I have those. Thank god they aren't visible... I don't think. But I can feel them. I thought I was going nuts! Is that normal???

Last edited by eptexy; 06-27-2010 at 04:54 PM..
Old 06-27-2010, 05:20 PM   #408
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
Oh gosh I have those. Thank god they aren't visible... I don't think. But I can feel them. I thought I was going nuts! Is that normal???
I don't think mine are visible either. But if I "pinch an inch" on my upper arm, it's like there's little peas or something just under my skin. I'm not sure if this is normal, but at least we BOTH have them!!
Old 06-27-2010, 05:26 PM   #409
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
I had a conversation with a friend today about yo-yo dieting. My friend asked me what Iw as going to do when I got to goal to make sure I didn't gain my weight back. And I told her I would keep eatting like I am now, but just more calories of it. She then asked if I would never eat bread, or pasta, or sweets again, I said "pretty much no"...... I explained that I may indulge in a small amount a few times a year, but no more than once a month, and I am talking "small" amount. Like one breadstick at an Itallian restraunt, or a small peice of cake on my birthday. She was just shocked that I don't plan on eatting more than that.
Lins, I plan to do the same thing. I have ulcerative colitis and have fought with flare ups for more than 20 years. Since on Medi, I have not really dealt with the disease as much. I've often been told I should have a celiac test because all of those foods that I used to eat, KILLED my stomach. I can honestly say that I will not eat those foods just because I FEEL so much better. But...I might have a breadstick occasionally. Or a roll for Thanksgiving dinner. Or the piece of birthday cake. But bread - even whole wheat? Probably not. I've pretty much given up the thought of that and actually like my lettuce wraps and no longer feel that I'm missing out on anything. So, like you, I'm committed to this way of eating for the rest of my life. The occasional "splurge" isn't going to cause me to gain the weight back. It's going to make me say - wow, that was pretty good after all these months. These occasional treats are even more special now!
Old 06-27-2010, 06:22 PM   #410
Senior LCF Member

I know that figuring out what I am going to be able to eat will be a learning process. My point to my friend was just that I won't be going back to just "small portions" or whatever, I have changed my WOE. I don't have the greatest will power which is how I got too this point in the first place. So from now on I will be eatting only foods that make me feel good and healthy. I will work with my clinic to find a plan that will work for me and help me maintain my new healthy weight. I am also reading all kinds of books about my emotional and spiritual life to help with my food addiction.

On the imagine topic...........I wore a size 8 dress. I started in a size 16. So 4 sizes smaller, and today I felt "fat". I look in the mirror and see the same person. People tell me I look skinnier, and my clothes size say the same thing, but I don't "feel" it.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:20 PM   #411
Major LCF Poster!

Lea, Erin, Lins, Shelley, and Jules -

It's as if you are reading my mind of what I wanted to share today! Wow! Just since yesterday I've felt "pea or popcorn kernel" sized fat cells. Yuck is right! The NP and I were talking last week about two different types of fat and that with the significant loss I've had so far I'm down a lot of that hard fat. (I don't remember all the details.) Strange as it sounds, I took my camera (remember my old 35mm?) with me at my first appt for this round of Medi (12/28/09) and asked the gal to take a photo of me from behind and sideways wearing just my black bra and jeans. Then 2 months later had another taken. Then after I'd been doing the program 5 months. The changes MAKE me see that I am progressing....and that I was remarkably unhealthy previously!! It really, really helps to see how tight and unhealthy that belly was (I'd had surgery just 2 1/2 years prior and the surgically placed mesh in the muscles was stretched so uncomfortably that it was like an internal girdle). I made a list of how badly I felt (it's on the LCF site somewhere)...I had so many problems. I'm now MUCH healthier and obviously more comfortable!

But, just this AM I was telling my husband that in my "head" I'm still in the 170's and that I weigh in the mornings several times a week just to let me let it sink in that I'm really losing it! I exercise more than I ever have, because I'm being goal oriented with the 5K in Sept. I'm now looking forward to having anniversary photos taken in December....it will be 33 years. When it was our actual 30th I had so much going on (post op, grad school, two jobs, overweight).

Foods: I used to HAVE to have sugar. I thought I needed it for energy, I knew better, but I also let myself go....part of it was that the Insulin Resistance was making it so my cells were not getting the calories and energy because the cells didn't let the insulin in.....so my tissues cried out 'hey, we're still not fed!' So I craved sugar because it would be fast, I wanted relief fast....eventually all the extra calories turned to fat! MWL diagnosed me with Insulin Resistance and started me on Metformin. I now no longer have belly aches, heartburn, achey joints, sore knees, no longer have low back pain and brain fog....I cannot believe it's as if I was carrying a 4 or 5 yo child around with me constantly (41 lbs!).

Anyways....I will have to eat low glycemic....I will have so much to learn! We will all learn together!!
Old 06-27-2010, 07:30 PM   #412
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/170/149 5'8" 39 years old
I am having similar feelings ladies. I got into a big fight with my husband last night. To put it in context, we rarely fight; we both are not good with conflict. He said that I am so absorbed into how I look and what I am eating. It is apparently the only thing that I talk about. If I am not talking about food, I am working out.

I told him that I am so tired of yo-yo-ing and I have spent so much money on Medi that I want to make sure that it sticks. I want to figure out what I need to do to stay at this weight and then hopefully be able to think less about it.

Today, I stopped at Kohl's for work pants while travelling to my hotel for the night (very early meeting tomorrow). I bought size 4 pants. There was only a size 4 and a size 14 in the style that I like. I took the 4 into the dressing room, not believing that they would fit. After I put them on, I couldn't believe that they fit. I held them up and they look so small, but they fit comfortably and looked decent. I keep thinking that they must be mislabeled or grossly vanity sized. My brain is really screwed up! Hopefully this will correct itself over time because right now, I still see a size 12 girl in the mirror.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:02 PM   #413
Major LCF Poster!

Shelley said: "I gave away all my XL scrubs at work this last week and bought L scrubs, but they are looking like they will only be useful for a month or maybe a little longer. I was trying to find ways to save money on scrubs and found that people sell whole lots of S or M scrubs on ebay. So I may do that as a transition. Way cheaper than paying $28 per top or pant."

Shelley - I'm so happy for you!! Scrubs are so easy to hide our weight and let us lie to ourselves....because they stretch in the waistband and with the loose fitting tops it covers rolls. I teach student nurses and already had the solid color the students wear because of having worked in an ER and that color was mandatory. So I had "Debbie RN" embroidered on my scrubs so I wouldn't look like a student. But at the time I didn't want to buy new uniforms in a different, more professional look because I didn't plan to stay that large size.

Good news....in March, after losing 20 lbs, I went to a uniform shop and bought a white nurse's length lab coat that I want to wear when I teach students when we resume clinicals in late August, but the style I liked only came in small (and it was on sale). I bought it anyway...and it was tight in the shoulders. I never button up a jacket/lab coat so it was ok if it was going to be smaller. This AM I tried it on and it fits!!!!!! And it's not too small in the shoulders at all, I have room to move freely. I am SO excited! I plan to wear TUCKED in tops and dress pants or dress pant scrubs....but won't buy those til just before clinicals start. Wow.....it's SO incredible! I feel like a new person! I still have a little ways more inches and lbs wise to go...but a long ways til this new WOE becomes maintenance ready.

Lea wrote: ...but I bought all of them at GOODWILL! Sizes are changing too quickly to pay full price. I'll donate everything that's too big back to Goodwill when I hit goal. I hope that's soon!!

I too have bought most of my clothes from Goodwill so I could change sizes. With my daughter and I in grad school I couldn't see putting out full price til I get at goal!
Old 06-27-2010, 08:17 PM   #414
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Azurro
Stats: 229.2/193.8/160
Start Date: May 2010
Alright I feel horrible..I have been doing awesome for the last 7weeks.... and today I caved and ate 2 choc chip cookies..a chocolate covered macadamia nut and a half piece of coffee cake.... These were all things that I had made for company this weekend...we had company all weekend and went to the fireworks last night where everyone was eating kettle corn and all my favorite snacks.. I dont know why... but for the first time I was feeling angry about not being able to have those snacks... and today I just lost it...I had baked things before , not even tasting it...which is hard when I bake and cook...not sure how to get out of this "feeling"
Ive lost 30lbs and I know that when I get careless it all goes downhill....has anyone slipped up..Im feeling so bad about myself...
Old 06-27-2010, 08:22 PM   #415
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/170/149 5'8" 39 years old
Azurro ~ Unfortunately, it happens to the best of us! Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start over RIGHT NOW! Just jump back on plan. Don't restrict your calories anymore for tomorrow. Just get back on plan & move forward.

I have been telling myself that I can have any food that I want, but I choose to be thin and healthy. I can't have both, large quantities of junk food and a thin, healthy body. I get to make the choice everyday & I choose to be thin and in control.

Big hugs!
Old 06-27-2010, 08:59 PM   #416
Senior LCF Member

I have to tell myself all the time that I am choosing not to eat sugars not that I "can't" have it. I CAN have anything I want, but I am choosing a healthier lifestyle. And if I slip up, I just have to get over it, move on, and make the healthy choices next time I eat. I know that one slip up is not going to make me gain all my weight back, but if I keep doing it over and over again then it will. And being mad at myself won't help, so I get over it as quickly as I can. It's not easy but it is possible.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:19 AM   #417
Senior LCF Member

Oh the sacrifices!

Okay, so I'm lying in bed next to my SICK husband (hope he didn't catch my daughter's pneumonia) and I'm on my side facing him just listening to him breathing, waiting for morning so we can go to the doctor. And my ankles are clacking together.

So I started thinking of all the "things" that being thinner has done to me! Here's a short list:
1. My ankles aren't cushioned in fat and don't line up comfortably anymore when I'm on my side!
2. When I use my hips to close a drawer or door, I now knock my hipbone against it!
3. Due to the FAST loss of weight and my stomach no longer lying beside me in my bed, it changed my nite posture and I had to visit the chiropractor for an adjustment for the first time in years!
4. NONE of my rings fit anymore - I had to take them all off after I lost one and thankfully it wasn't my wedding ring!
5. The arched out laundry basket actually hurts my ribs when I yank it off the dryer on my way upstairs.

This is just the start of my little list but I'm going to add to it. Does anyone else have any fun little changes that are a great reminder that we're LOSING THE WEIGHT??? It's 4:19 a.m. I THINK I'm going to try to go back to sleep!
Old 06-28-2010, 06:37 AM   #418
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
hey yall. i had such a crappy weekend. Its almost a relief to be back at work and focused. Im down to 153 on my home scale which is 151 on the medi one. I would really like to hit 150 by the end of the month but thats not going to happen, well maybe, but probably not. Oh well

Im skipping weigh in this week. My regular doc is away and i cannot afford it, I just cant. Do you think Ill still be able to get my prescription? Even if I have to pay for it.... itsonly like 12 dollars. I hope so, if not itll be a tough week.

Mini Goal - 130 by 10/30
Ultimate Goal - 120 by the end of the year.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:50 AM   #419
Senior LCF Member

Ortal I would call and talk with our clinic I am sure they can arrange something for you. Once I hit 135 I am going to start going every other week. That was my original goal, but I think I am going to try to make it to 125 (I'm only 5'1). But after being on the program for 12 weeks, I just can't afford to keep going weekly.

My wedding ring is so big that it falls off of me when I am folding laundry. It fell off in the swimming pool the other day too. I really should take it off before I lost it for good. I need to get it resized soon.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:35 AM   #420
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurro View Post
Alright I feel horrible..I have been doing awesome for the last 7weeks.... and today I caved and ate 2 choc chip cookies..a chocolate covered macadamia nut and a half piece of coffee cake.... These were all things that I had made for company this weekend...we had company all weekend and went to the fireworks last night where everyone was eating kettle corn and all my favorite snacks.. I dont know why... but for the first time I was feeling angry about not being able to have those snacks... and today I just lost it...I had baked things before , not even tasting it...which is hard when I bake and cook...not sure how to get out of this "feeling"
Ive lost 30lbs and I know that when I get careless it all goes downhill....has anyone slipped up..Im feeling so bad about myself...
Azurro - I know exactly how you feel! Been there, done thatI have been doing Medi 5 months and 1 week and I slipped 3 times and out of ketosis. Every time I went back on week 1 diet for 3 days, and was back into diet/ketosis and continue with the plan and lost 85 lb to date. So don't be upset, you are doing great, lost 30 lb, I am sure feeling better. As everybody says on this thread, it happenned to everybody. Now what is helping me is reading "The Beck Diet Solution" book - it was recommended by a lot of people on this forum. I already applied a couple of techniques I learned from it yesterday when I hosted a party. I cooked all my favorite foods and had only things that I am allowed. In the past I would have given in to temptations. This time I planned for this party: I exercised in the morning so that I will get 250 cal more of proteins. When everybody have a cake I had low carb peanut butter choc bar (80 cal, 2 net carbs) and was satisfied. Just hang in there! You will get through it!

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
Closed Thread