Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 09:36 AM   #331
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ictbbqguy
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 6-14-10
Just had my second appointment and to my pleasure I lost 17.5 lbs. my first week. I have a long road ahead but so far it has been easy.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2010, 09:49 AM   #332
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 20, 2010
I agree about the Weight Watchers. My mom looked at it and said "people skate around learning to eat correctly by trying to figure out the maximum amount of bad food they can eat for the fewest points." I agree with that assessment. What I like about MWL is that they don't sell you a lot of food products, they want you to learn to read labels and figure out how to eat healthy by adding back small amounts of good carbs until you learn what is right for you. It IS a learning process and it teaches you how much is right for your particular body! Regardless of what anyone of the naysayers thinks, I know it works for me.

Do Over Mini Goal: at or below 160 before May
Old 06-21-2010, 10:09 AM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 2/26/09
Advice.....

Hi all....looks like you're all doing great The communication in here is awesome!!!!
I told only family,friends,and my coworkers what I was doing (in acute phase). I was very fortunate that they were all so supportive BUT I did have my times with others once they found out. My chiropractor had noticed that I was losing weight very quickly..I had repeat appointments with him due to some issues (I have scoliosis in my lower back and arthritis in my spine from my neck all the way down to my tailbone). I had lost about 8lbs in 2 weeks and he told me he was worried . I told him about MWL and he rolled his eyes at first UNTIL I told him that it was physician-supervised.
He backed off then (excuse the expression )!!
He also has seen the results and the fact that I've maintained the weightloss for......9 mos now!!!! He doesn't advocate it and doesn't tell his patients about it BUT he's very enthused at my results!!!
The naysayers can take a leap...
I HAVE learned how to eat properly. I count my calories,I take in my daily water, I take my supplements-vitamins,calcium,omega 3, and still take my Mega T for energy!!!!! I've learned that carbs make me fat-yes I was FAT,overweight,morbidly obese,...undertall however you want to say it BUT I'm not anymore!!!! MWL gives you the tools and the information to lose the weight YOU just have to use it!!!!!
My hubby has lost about 20lbs over the past year BECAUSE....He eats the same as I do with few exceptions because he's a type II diabetic.
HIS doc is thrilled and says if he loses another 10lbs,he can get rid of 1 of his diabetic meds!!!!
WE are both healthier due to MWL SO tell all your negative nellies or nelsons to leave you alone....you're improving you not harming you!!!

cindy
Old 06-21-2010, 01:31 PM   #334
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
I have lost 7 lbs of PURE FAT in the past 4 wks, but gained 3 lbs of water...had 3 glasses of mango ice tea at the restaurant yesterday when we went out for Father's Day with my daughter.

I plan to do week one for 3 days again (or til I'm in moderate ketosis) and then snuggly stick to plan to try to reach goal in by beginning of August. At Medi today officially changed my goal weight (had been 145-150 and is now 135-140). Waist now 33" and BMI 26.3. So, still have a ways to go.

Met with a trainer a short time at the YMCA today. Plan to really FOCUS, FOCUS for the next 6 wks before vacation. I start teaching nursing students again in about 8 wks.

Those that have made it to maintenance...how did you KICK it in gear your final several weeks of the acute phase? I now KNOW I have been/am worth this effort, can do it and just want to get 'er done...the last 15 to 20 lbs! Thanks!!
Old 06-21-2010, 01:44 PM   #335
Major LCF Poster!

It's so great to hear from you Cindy! And, congratulations on your 9 months of maintenance!!! Do you blog? Do you still journal? Do you go to the clinic monthly anymore? How's exercise? Sorry....I'm just so LATE getting all motivated until lately because I kept dragging my feet with all the different issues....SO happy that your hubby may be able to get off one of his meds. I take Metformin three times a day for insulin resistance; THAT was diagnosed by MWL and if I hadn't gotten started on Metformin I probably would still be spiraling with my family history....

When are you going to post photos?!

Last edited by Fit2010; 06-21-2010 at 01:46 PM..
Old 06-21-2010, 02:10 PM   #336
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
I have lost 7 lbs of PURE FAT in the past 4 wks, but gained 3 lbs of water...had 3 glasses of mango ice tea at the restaurant yesterday when we went out for Father's Day with my daughter.

I plan to do week one for 3 days again (or til I'm in moderate ketosis) and then snuggly stick to plan to try to reach goal in by beginning of August. At Medi today officially changed my goal weight (had been 145-150 and is now 135-140). Waist now 33" and BMI 26.3. So, still have a ways to go.

Met with a trainer a short time at the YMCA today. Plan to really FOCUS, FOCUS for the next 6 wks before vacation. I start teaching nursing students again in about 8 wks.

Those that have made it to maintenance...how did you KICK it in gear your final several weeks of the acute phase? I now KNOW I have been/am worth this effort, can do it and just want to get 'er done...the last 15 to 20 lbs! Thanks!!
I have been pretty diligent in my eating for the last couple of days and will continue that for a few more. I was in moderate ketosis this morning and I haven't seen that in a while. I also wrote in my planner last nite and my goal is to reach goal by August as well. My official Medi goal is 155 after lowering it from 160. The NP suggested I not go lower than that because I'm already in a healthy BMI and "normal" in other stats so she didn't think I could maintain if I went any lower. But I want to try. SO, I am going to TRY to hit 145. I'll take 150 if that's what my body wants, but I am in the final stretch and I am recommitted after a few horrible "mind game" days. I've already lost 50+ pounds and while I'm sure the last 10 to 15 will be the hardest, I feel the most positive about them. I'm ready!!! And I'm ready for the life change that started when I joined. I will maintain this WOE for the rest of my life.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:46 PM   #337
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: got2getmoving
Stats: 298/292.8/xxx
WOE: trying to figure it out
Start Date: everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by ictbbqguy View Post
Just had my second appointment and to my pleasure I lost 17.5 lbs. my first week. I have a long road ahead but so far it has been easy.
WOW! that is amazing!
Old 06-21-2010, 04:22 PM   #338
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
Start Date: 4/26/2010
i tried to make oopsie rolls tonight... complete and utter failure. i dont know how long i was whipping the eggs for, but they werent rising and getting firm. i ended up with paper thin wafer type things that didnt taster right.... Gonna try again tomorrow.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:22 PM   #339
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ictbbqguy View Post
That is a great first week loss. Be sure to add your stats into your profile so we can celebrate your success with you. It always means more when we see the numbers go down!

Jo
Old 06-21-2010, 04:30 PM   #340
Major LCF Poster!

Yay, a Cindy siting! Good to hear from you, and so happy that you are doing well. Maintenance is a whole different ball game isn't it? Yet the tools we have learned to use make life so much easier and choices so much simpler.

To those who are close to goal, know for a fact that the last pounds will definitely go slower, especially when your body reaches a point at which it does not want to go any lower. And yes it does know. Be careful pushing your goal weight too low just because you can. If your body is not comfortable in maintaing that particular weight, you will not be able to hold on to it for long without doing damage to yourself. Be realistic for your height and frame. Don't let a particular size get in your head, remembering that size is relative in clothing....purely relative.

But do hang in there, your goal is worthwhile and reachable as long as it is also reasonable.

Jo
Old 06-21-2010, 04:56 PM   #341
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 2/26/09
Hehehehe Hiya Jo

Yep...still doing well and hanging in there.
Hard to say anything that you haven't said
But I'm with you about 100% of the time.
For all of you, Jo's insight is right on the money.

For the last push to lose those last few pounds, I stayed totally on plan and watched absolutely everything I put in my mouth. I exercised every chance I got. I was also working BUT made a lot of time for ME.

I know a lot of you have children. I don't-by choice-I love kids but not my own Sometimes, being selfish is very difficult BUT it's something that I (and I repeat) I had to do. My hubby and my boss understood. I know that I was (and still AM) very fortunate.

I still make "me" time. I make sure that I eat what I need to-yep, I'm that difficult patron at restaurants. I order my meals specifically. I still follow MWL. Low carb,high lean protein and lots of veggies. I still have a few apple wedges and low fat cheese every night before bed.

Maintenance can be difficult for those that have a "bad" relationship with food. I've been there!!!! I've finally been able to deal with a lot of my personal issues...some are not so lucky and I understand that. Food can be a pacifier,a crutch, a soothing friend......BUT what it does to your body and your health is frightening!!!! Food,like any drug,can be an addiction.

I've learned (mostly ) that addictions can be beaten!!!!

I've learned to love me for me and that all that baggage from the past is now there-IN THE PAST!!!!!!

My hubby has been my best cheerleader!! He's been so supportive and I love him for that. He's literally been with me through thick and thin But I've been there for him too.

Find your support person(s)....

Use MWL for all that it gives you and keep strong!!!!!

OK off the soapbox

cindy
Old 06-21-2010, 06:00 PM   #342
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Stupid Florida evening storms prevent me from getting my whole run in again tonight. I still made it 20 minutes before the rain started but it's frustarting. My ultimate goal is to do a half marathon next March and if I don't get some more millage in I won't be able to do it.

I am sticking with my 135 goal for now, but I may lower that at some point. I am only
5'1 and that puts me right at 24 BMI so I could go a little lower, so we'll see. I want to get to the point where I can eat the Medi way of life comfortably and run 2-3 nights a week, and maintain that . If I have to workout hard everyday, then that's not the weight for me. I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 girls I don't have the time for much more than what I am doing now. So if it comes off slow from now on then I'll just have to live with it. I am staying right at 500 calories of protein, and 1 veggie a day, sometimes 2, and RARELY fruit. And running 3-4 times a week, with walking on my off days. I can't offer more than that at this point.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:25 PM   #343
Major LCF Poster!

Lea, Jo, Lins, and Cindy--I'm coming! Going to get to that goal!! Thank you for all your words of encouragement...Guess I have the time now to take the time to exercise daily...and like Lins said, cut back to 3 days a week later. And, like Jo said, or maybe Cindy, if I'm at the right goal and doing the right things my body will stay pretty close to that weight! Yippee!
Old 06-21-2010, 08:13 PM   #344
Major LCF Poster!

~Cindy~I simply could not have said it any better. Right on, girlfriend!

Jo
Old 06-22-2010, 05:45 AM   #345
Senior LCF Member

how is everyone today?? I havent really talked to people here in a while. I sit at my desk all day at work that when I go home I dont want to go anywhere near a computer

I found an interesting article:

15 Atrocious Salads | Eat This, Not That

I love the eat-this-not-that series.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:28 AM   #346
Senior LCF Member

Tomorrow is my 30th birthday and my week 11 weight-in, I am PRAYING for good numbers.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:17 AM   #347
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Birthday Lins (tomorrow!)

Your best present is the one you are giving yourself!! Your health!
Old 06-22-2010, 10:37 AM   #348
Senior LCF Member

Lins - Happy early birthday! Hope you get the numbers you're looking for tomorrow!
Old 06-22-2010, 10:42 AM   #349
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 20, 2010
Happy Birthday Lins! What a wonderful gift to yourself, the gift of health!!!
Old 06-22-2010, 11:02 AM   #350
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Happy 30th Birthday Lins! It was turning 30 this past December that made me decide it was time to get healthy...I said 30 was going to be the year for me! Congrats on entering your 30's a new you!

I had my Week 6 weigh-in today....down another 4.1 lbs for a total of 29.2! Made up for the not so good numbers last week! I can't wait to lose that other .8 lbs to hit 30 lbs GONE FOREVER!

When I started MWL I decided to only tell my husband, my parents, and my younger brother about this. I knew I needed their support in this journey. They have been so supportive and proud of me. A few friends have noticed that I'm "dieting" due to food choices I've made at cook-outs/out to eat. Noone has commented that I look like I've lost anything (and I wonder if its because I've tried so many times in the past - its like they assume it won't last). But, there is this part of me that just can't wait for someone else to notice that I've lost weight....I mean, its almost 30 lbs! I know the heavier you are, the more you need to lose before it is really noticeable - but I'm just waiting for that first time someone notices! When did it get noticeable for everyone else?

Ok, off to eat some lunch - tuna on lettuce wraps!

-Keri

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 06-22-2010, 11:13 AM   #351
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
To those who are close to goal, know for a fact that the last pounds will definitely go slower, especially when your body reaches a point at which it does not want to go any lower. And yes it does know. Be careful pushing your goal weight too low just because you can. If your body is not comfortable in maintaing that particular weight, you will not be able to hold on to it for long without doing damage to yourself. Be realistic for your height and frame. Don't let a particular size get in your head, remembering that size is relative in clothing....purely relative.

But do hang in there, your goal is worthwhile and reachable as long as it is also reasonable.

Jo

Jo - do you think I'm being unreasonable? I know you know this program inside and out and have posted so many times with great information and thought. So after reading this post so soon after my post of wanting to hit 145, I thought maybe you were gently telling me I needed to be more realistic. It's true the clinic told me 145 is pretty darn low and I think with a 21 or so BMI. She said that would be very hard to maintain. Because I have struggled with eating disorders and a warped body image, I know that my mind has to catch up with my body in this process. I really feel like 145 is attainable and maintainable, but I value your input on this. The clinic said I could start "transistion" as much as two weeks ago, but I'm not ready to add more calories or be out of ketosis until I'm really where my body wants to be. Weigh in is tomorrow, so I'll know more then, but if you have any thoughts, would you please share them? Thanks!
Old 06-22-2010, 11:34 AM   #352
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
But, there is this part of me that just can't wait for someone else to notice that I've lost weight....I mean, its almost 30 lbs! I know the heavier you are, the more you need to lose before it is really noticeable - but I'm just waiting for that first time someone notices! When did it get noticeable for everyone else?

Ok, off to eat some lunch - tuna on lettuce wraps!

-Keri
Keri - I've heard a ton of people (throughout the years) say between 30 and 35 pounds is when people really notice. I had lost just over 30 and suddenly EVERYONE noticed. I'd say by your next weigh in, someone is going to say, wow, you look great! are you losing weight? I had someone at work send me an email with a picture of a scale and she said, I've noticed you've lost weight and you look great. What have you done to shed the extra pounds? I took that email home and put it on the inside of the cabinet where I keep my peanut butter/almonds/peanuts, etc. But since then I've decided not to buy any more nuts of any kind. I love them too much!
Old 06-22-2010, 12:43 PM   #353
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the early birthday wishes, I've kind of had a crap day today so I am thankful for the kind words.

I actually had to change my Medi appt. Wednesdays are just really busy for us this summer. My older two girls have a program they attend in the morning and I hate weighing-in in the afternoon. So i am changing to appts on Fridays starting this week. That's probably a good thing, so that if my numbers aren't that great it won't get me down on my birthday. This is usually around the time that I have an "off" weigh-in due to water or whatever so it could go either way.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:00 PM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

~Lea~I wasn't specifically speaking to you, but to all of those who seem to believe that lower is better. If people have had image issues in the past, they do not just go away unless you have really worked out why the issue is there in the first place Otherwise they are always there and you just have to deal with them when they pop up.

I see that you are 5'9" tall. I am 5'11" tall. When I moved to Phoenix 16 years years ago I weighed 150-155. I had weighed that amount almost all of my adult life. So when I allowed myself to change my active lifestyle to a sedentary one - always finding excuses not to exercise and be active, (I only kept walking - just not as far), I gained a whole lot of weight. Finally got real with myself, and MWL helped me get back to where I needed to be.

So, all of this is a long way of saying that 150-155 is a comfortable and realistic weight for me, and I can maintain it. My BMI is holding at 22.0. I wear an 8-10 in shorts and pant/jeans/M in tshirts and tops. The numbers medically are all in a normal range now so life is good.

I probably COULD go lower but it would not be healthy for me. At 148 I really begin to look unhealthy. So it can be a very fine line.

Just be certain that your desire to go lower is a realistic desire and not one finding its way back into your mind from long ago when you had issues with this. If the clinic is telling you it is too low, listen to them. In the long run, it is ultimately your choice. I want you to be successful with no regrets. And be able to maintain your weight without a fight every day to stay there.

Jo
Old 06-22-2010, 03:42 PM   #355
Major LCF Poster!

Some days in the past two months have been very difficult, emotionally. Today started beautifully, but after noon it was growing into one of those kinds of days. Enroute of a needed errand and feeling some discouragement, I heard the following two songs on the radio. What a blessing...and my attitude was changed because of perspective, and not to talk negatively to myself. I hope these help anyone also having a hard time, any time.

"There’s a Light at the End of This Tunnel" – Third Day

"I Will Lift My Eyes" – Bebo Norman
Old 06-22-2010, 05:18 PM   #356
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
~Lea~I wasn't specifically speaking to you, but to all of those who seem to believe that lower is better. If people have had image issues in the past, they do not just go away unless you have really worked out why the issue is there in the first place Otherwise they are always there and you just have to deal with them when they pop up.

I see that you are 5'9" tall. I am 5'11" tall. When I moved to Phoenix 16 years years ago I weighed 150-155. I had weighed that amount almost all of my adult life. So when I allowed myself to change my active lifestyle to a sedentary one - always finding excuses not to exercise and be active, (I only kept walking - just not as far), I gained a whole lot of weight. Finally got real with myself, and MWL helped me get back to where I needed to be.

So, all of this is a long way of saying that 150-155 is a comfortable and realistic weight for me, and I can maintain it. My BMI is holding at 22.0. I wear an 8-10 in shorts and pant/jeans/M in tshirts and tops. The numbers medically are all in a normal range now so life is good.

I probably COULD go lower but it would not be healthy for me. At 148 I really begin to look unhealthy. So it can be a very fine line.

Just be certain that your desire to go lower is a realistic desire and not one finding its way back into your mind from long ago when you had issues with this. If the clinic is telling you it is too low, listen to them. In the long run, it is ultimately your choice. I want you to be successful with no regrets. And be able to maintain your weight without a fight every day to stay there.

Jo
Thank you for this, Jo. I don't want the struggle every day for the rest of my life either. Because this is a new way of life for me, I don't want to sabotage myself by starting off with unrealistic dreams and expectations. I need to do some rethinking. Thanks for your honesty.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:15 AM   #357
Senior LCF Member

weigh in tonight... Hope I hit the big 3-0 Has anyone ever felt that the Phendimetrazine stops working for them after a while? I really dont feel the affects anymore, which is discouraging. I now take 2 in the am and 2 with lunch as instructed (I cant take them with dinner or I wont sleep). I hope they can switch me to something else that will give me the jumpstart to loose the last 20 pounds.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:37 AM   #358
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marymo
Stats: 292/197/187
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: Dec 2, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Some days in the past two months have been very difficult, emotionally. Today started beautifully, but after noon it was growing into one of those kinds of days. Enroute of a needed errand and feeling some discouragement, I heard the following two songs on the radio. What a blessing...and my attitude was changed because of perspective, and not to talk negatively to myself. I hope these help anyone also having a hard time, any time.

YouTube - Tunnel By: Third Day
"There’s a Light at the End of This Tunnel" – Third Day

YouTube - I Will Lift My Eyes - Bebo Norman (with lyrics)
"I Will Lift My Eyes" – Bebo Norman
Thank you Debbie for these uplifting songs. Even though I am deaf, I can the see the video with lyrics in one video. I looked up the lyrics for Tunnel and it hit the right spot in my heart. Sometimes it is frustrating to not see the scale move down faster than you would like when you are yet so close to the goals you have set for yourself.

I needed to hear that today...sometimes I forget how far I have come...that I have to remember to enjoy "life today with what I have now", -- it is like God was telling me:

"Just remember what I've told you
There's so much you're living for"

Pre-MWL: -5 loss then Month 1: -23 ~ Month 2: -12.5 ~ Month 3: -12 ~ Month 4: -10.8 ~ Month 5: -10.5 ~ Month 6: -8.2 ~ Month 7: -8.6 ~ Month 8: 4.4 ~~
Total Loss 95 lbs in 8 months ~~
Goodbye 200s!! Whoo! Hoo! Hallelujah! God is great! I am in ONEderland! 10 more pounds to my goal!
“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -- Helen Keller
“What I am looking for is not "out there", it is in me” -- Helen Keller
Old 06-23-2010, 10:29 AM   #359
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cristiansmom
Stats: 296.5/286.5/160ish
WOE: Low Carbs/Med Protein
Start Date: September 24, 2012
Today is my first weigh in and I think I did good.. I know that I went over in protein 1 day and had a little bit of extra carbs on 1 day but.... I have stayed in mod. ketosis since day 4.. Today is actually day 8 for me.. I was gonna change to go in on day 7 but figured, what the heck.. I will just wait the extra day.. I am feeling a little bloated (tom is coming soon) but still feel I lost pretty good.. At least the wii fit say's so.. lol.. we shall see
Old 06-23-2010, 11:23 AM   #360
Major LCF Poster!

Hi MaryMo- I'm glad they were helpful to you!

I've really enjoyed the "Fat Chance" book by Julie Hadden that I'm reading (slowly...now on chapter 5). She's so relatable and tells alot about The Biggest Loser camp, Jillian, success on the outside post camp, and so many thoughts we've all shared on line here along the way...and she's an excellent, funny writer. I don't like to read much, so it's a great thing when I find something/someone I like!

I read in the book that Jillian and the MDs had her stop her Metformin (also took for insuliln resistance) as I do, because her weight was plateaued....she then lost more easily. I'm taking it three times a day....thinking of checking with my docs about this decision. Read online (wiki) that Metformin can cause Vit B12 to not be absorbed....isn't THAT great....here I am getting injections, taking sublingual, and it's supposed to help me lose and I'm not absorbing it! Another good reason to stop the Metformin?

Good weigh in to you christiansmom!

Happy Birthday Lins! We didn't forget!
Closed Thread