Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2010, 02:14 AM   #301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by marymo View Post

I am so close to "ONEderland", I can almost taste it. (sorry for this terrible pun especially when we do not want to think of tasting things, tee, hee! It would be better to say I can almost "touch" it!
Mary, I'm glad you posted. It HAS been a while since we've heard from you and from your stats, it looks like you've been doing great!! I'm sorry to hear about your health issues, but happy to hear about your perseverance!! You're doing great!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2010, 08:42 AM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom on a mission
Stats: Ht 5' 7" 247/156.4/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by marymo View Post
Hi, Everyone - been awhile I have been on the this forum. I have two jobs and the second job required me to travel and be out of town over the weekends.

I am still losing, slow, but still losing. Jo was a big help to get me over the "doldrums" as I was having issues with "kidney stones". I am back walking on the treadmill, at a slower place and shorter time but still exercising nevertheless.

I am so close to "ONEderland", I can almost taste it. (sorry for this terrible pun especially when we do not want to think of tasting things, tee, hee! It would be better to say I can almost "touch" it!

So just wanted to drop a line to stay keep on "losing" friends!

Talk to you later.
WoW Mary!!!! You're doing so well considering what seems to be a very busy life!! Congrats on your fantastic numbers! Onderland is a great place to be and you're soooo close!

Keep up the great work! Have a wonderul weekend
Old 06-18-2010, 11:00 AM   #303
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Keri, Sue, Lea, Mary, and all my other MWL girlfriends!~Hope you're having a wonderful day today! I love that we are being REAL about our issues with food and feelings, and more importantly that people are reaching GOAL and changing their lives!

Erin~Just got my Beck Solutions CDs in the mail but have a HUGE assignment due Sunday and another Monday, plus my dear daughter is coming this weekend....so no time to open it up. I did take a few minutes for myself this AM and went out to garage sales...I don't really NEED anything but I like to visit with folks and see what's out there. Today I paid $2 for a entire set of cassette tapes called the SMART Technique that help retrain you about eating....has anyone heard of these? We'll see...I'll listen to them later. Got them when I thought my Beck Solutions CDs were still going to take a week longer to get here than they did!
Old 06-19-2010, 06:49 AM   #304
Senior LCF Member

My eating has been horrible the last few days. I keep eating like I'm in maintenance, and I'm not. Last nite I wrote down a whole week's worth of meals (all of them, including snacks) and am going to REALLY try to adhere to that for the next week. I was OUT of ketosis this morning too! I'm so close, I just want to be there, but I actually have to GET to goal before I start eating like I'm there. I'm extremely frustrated! I'm sure the half bottle of fushcia pink nail polish on the family room carpet doesn't help...
Old 06-19-2010, 08:48 AM   #305
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sshals
Stats: 5'4" 264/192/132
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 02/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
In the past I wasn't eating enough protein...mostly probably because I was counting all the calories in roasted almonds, instead of taking the protein grams X 4 to get the protein calories. Since almonds have fat calories and carb calories, to take the total calories really wasn't a true picture of my protein total. See what I mean?
It's interesting that you commented on this. My clinic only allows 6 nuts as one of the three extra fat servings. (I use the oil instead, because I can't eat 6 nuts!) The clinic does not allow me to count nuts as part of my 500 protein calories - probably for the very reason you described
Old 06-19-2010, 09:12 AM   #306
Major LCF Poster!

Lea - Youch! The pink nail polish/carpet problem sounds frustrating! I remember about 15 years ago one of my daughters did something like that in her bedroom and I work and work on it with polish remover/acetone, etc. Finally, after rinsed all the chemical out as best I could and still discolored I think I blotted it with diluted bleach, preferring to see discolored lighter carpet rather than bull's eye red! I don't know....you'll want to test it. It's a LOT of work and still didn't look absolutely good as new.

Hang in there, girlfriend! I worked on it and got back to my 149.8 today. Just had a workout at the YMCA with DD. Worked on the circuit and treadmill. I'd go more often if I had someone go with....DH meets his friends there for racquetball then he's outta there. I do jiggle on my jiggly parts but I feel the muscles growing long and lean beneath!
Old 06-19-2010, 09:48 AM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I started a new running program last night. i finished the c25K program, and run a 5K on July 3rd (not my first). So I started the 5K to 10K program yesterday. It takes you from running 30 minutes at a time to running 60 minutes at a time, in 10 weeks. Wish me luck! The worst part is that it's HOT and humid outside. My dh leaves the house at 7 a.m. and I am not a morning person so I don't go in the morning. I've been going at about 7:30 at night, right as the sun starts to go down. I live in Central Florida so it's still hot but not as bad. I drink tons of water before I go and I stop by my house after each loop (I run in my development) and drink more. I am a little worried that longer runs will be too much for me in this heat, but I'll do my best. If not I'll just keep doing what I can and do the program in the fall when it gets cooler. My goal is to run a half marathon in March.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:54 AM   #308
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sshals
Stats: 5'4" 264/192/132
Start Date: 02/2010
It's been awhile since I've posted, so I wanted to stop in and say hi! I am still out here and sticking with the program. I'm looking forward to hitting 50 pounds lost at my next weigh-in! Life has been crazy but I have managed to stay with the medi way of eating.

A lot has been happening around here and I have enjoyed catching up on everyone's posts. One of the discussions that jumped out at me was regarding other people mentally criticizing what we eat. I am sure that we all have people in our lives that pay far too much attention to what is on our plates. However, I would like to suggest that, for the most part, the general public doesn't really care. I have spent many a conference lunch now scraping breading off my chicken or picking cheese and carrots out of my salads. I haven't noticed anyone giving me any particular looks regarding this behavior. I suspect that we are much more focused on what other people are eating than the average person is and, so, have a tendency to project that pre-occupation onto others. My point is that there is no need to to let what you think others might be thinking influence your actions. Order what you know is good for you. Don't feel like you have to take home food from restaurants that you are not going to eat. When served a plate that has items you don't eat on it - move the food you do eat to another plate and have the server remove the offending items. Don't worry about standing out - if you do it'll only be for a moment anyway.

I like to channel Meg Ryan's character in When Harry Met Sally - she always ordered food very specifically. Why? Because she wanted it how she wanted it. There is nothing wrong with that and there is certainly no reason to hide it (or make it a topic of conversation either). Just do it!
Old 06-19-2010, 03:53 PM   #309
Major LCF Poster!

Tried on clothes at the mall! I didn't really need anything so didn't buy but I FIT into size 8 dress pants at Express and size 10 jeans at Express....you've got to be kidding me! I couldn't believe it! But, didn't need them since I have 10/11/12's at home that fit ok. Maybe after next 15 to 20 gone then I'll buy new!

Today at mall was all about buying new clothes for DD who has gone from size 0-2 to 6 in the past 1 1/2 years...and it's a GOOD thing.....she had stunted her growth at age 14 and just in the past 1 1/2 years went through puberty at age 23! So, her photo with me (click on my avatar) looks different today than when that photo was taken 3 years ago.
She is healthy and looks it! Funny how we just had the conversation recently about the photo gallery thing with body shapes/sizes and how people look different. She is bigger in the thighs/narrow in hips compared to where she used to look and how I look. So, must wear size six to have fit in thighs but otherwise would probably be a 4 in abd. She's 5'5."

Off to do homework assignment now....just 14 months or so to go!
Old 06-19-2010, 04:27 PM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Debbie, congrats on the 8's and 10's!!

I am really struggling today. I mean, moreso today than the last three days and they've all been bad. I'm so far over on calories, I'm thinking of working out again. I don't want to get into that sick mind game stuff where I try to balance it all out and end up making myself crazy. There's such a thin line in my head because of past eating disorders and I feel like I'm slipping. I'm afraid I won't be able to refocus and lose this last 14 or 15 pounds. The fact that I've overeaten for several days in a row AND am out of ketosis today is just more fuel to the fire. I don't know how to turn it back around and get serious about the final stretch. And I'm really disappointed because I'd been doing pretty good up until this week.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:45 PM   #311
Senior LCF Member

I had a not so great morning.......potty training my 2 yr old........so tonight I wanted to go run even though I just ran last night. I try to go every other night to give myself a rest day, but I needed the stress relief. So off I went. I noticed it looked like rain, so I ended up running non-stop for 20 minutes before it finally did start raining and I made it home. I feel better now that I burned off some of that stress. Plus I am only 12 lbs from goal, so I know that if I step up the running a it maybe I'll reach it just a little bit faster. Good news too is that I've had some GREAT eatting days.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:58 PM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Lins - I'm happy for you. Even when I'm feeling about as low as I think I can, I read about someone else's strengths and dedication and good days, and I think about the days I've been that person. Maybe tomorrow, I'll be that person again.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:10 PM   #313
Senior LCF Member

Lea I feel the same way. On days that I am not having a good day....and lets face it we all have not so good days....I come here and read about other people's success and remind myself that I can have good days with a little bit of determination. I love reading about other people's good days......and bad days. It makes us all in this journey together.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:36 PM   #314
Major LCF Poster!

Lins and Lea - Interesting that we are all so close to reaching goal: Lins 12 lbs away; Lea 14 - 15 lbs away; me also 15 lbs away....what are we to do?! Today I knew looking in the mirrors at the mall that I really do NEED to lose the next 10 at least, I see it and jiggle it....and I'm still not in my range for BMI. But we have just GOT to get over this hump! I don't want to start HAVING to exercise more in order to lose it. I know my usual work schedule, and I cannot live like that. As it is I'm limiting myself to M-W-F and had an extra day today. I really want to limit to M-W-F so that I don't burn out cuz it's not in my DNA and time frame to get 'er done like that. Especially with clinicals/having to be at the hospital at 6:45 AM! Let's not be hard on ourselves, but let's get this done masterfully, reasonably, and not (as Lea mentioned) in an eating disorder kind of way.

Lea - you're stressed about the nail polish and whatever else. How ARE you dealing with that? Are you expressing those emotions in a different manner besides eating. Can we be rational about something (you can tell this is written under the influence of this week's counseling!)

Lins - you were stressed and HAD to get an extra run in because of frustration with potty training....3 wks from now it will be a different kind of stress...how are you handling your emotions?

Today my DD and I had an awesome visit...yet she's trying to not focus on her body because that was a problem in the past, she had wanted perfection and stopped her own puberty as a result, but loved being size 0 to 2 for all those years. Now she's getting through this, trying to enjoy her body without being afraid of it, seeing that she hasn't "let herself go" because she's no longer a 0-2, instead reframing her head that she's healthy. Likewise, I'm reframing my head being healthy. I think that in trying to be opposite of my uninvolved, depressed mom (as I grew up), I was involved, and busy with my girls and my work while they grew up. I never expected perfection, but DD had a tendency anyways towards it due to her competetive older sister! I wasn't in a restful frame of mind always, not at peace when having "to do", "to prove myself" (habits from when I was a kid), etc, and I think I modeled to them "way" the opposite of my mom. I've told my girls they are healthy in their heads and they will be such balanced, wonderful moms some day...not "under" or "over" anything probably. They are so wonderful!

Last edited by Fit2010; 06-19-2010 at 06:38 PM..
Old 06-20-2010, 04:57 AM   #315
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cristiansmom
Stats: 296.5/286.5/160ish
WOE: Low Carbs/Med Protein
Start Date: September 24, 2012
I am on Day 5 today and feel really good.. A little hungry this morning (which is unusual for me even pre-medi) but I think that's because I only took 2 as yesterday... I had a hard time yesterday as we went to a cookout at my moms.. She was great and made sure there was stuff for me (she made a whole sea bass on the grill and some chicken breasts) but of course there is alway's someone who gives you a hard time.. For me it was my ex sil! She just doesn't "get" low carb.. anyway, she was like every time I come to a cookout you are dieting!! I make all this stuff and you don't want to eat it..Why can't you eat this? It's healthy (fruit salad and I am on week 1) What about this?? (pasta salad with vegi's in it) I did good but it was tempting.. I did have about 1/4 cup of reg. salad with just lettuce, celery and cukes! I know I am not supposed to but I just wanted to shut her up... Anyway, I am still in ketosis so I am very happy about that...

Debi in RI
Old 06-20-2010, 04:59 AM   #316
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cristiansmom
Stats: 296.5/286.5/160ish
WOE: Low Carbs/Med Protein
Start Date: September 24, 2012
I have a quick question..

I went for my initial consult on Wed. and they made my next app. for Wed. this week.. Should I change it for Tuesday?? Or should I just wait it out until wednesday?? I have enough as to get me through until Wed.

Debi in RI
Old 06-20-2010, 05:02 AM   #317
Senior LCF Member

Debbie- I actually enjoy running. I am wanting to run a half marathon so it's a goal I am trying to reach. It doesn't feel like a chore that I have to do it's fun and it's helping me reach a goal. Plus we will be in the pool all day today so I won't get my run in today which is my "normal" day. Plus while I am running I do a lot of praying. It's kind of my time with God. I also started doing a nightly devotion before bed that is helping me deal with some emotional issues. I am learning. Thanks so much for asking the questions to make us think about what we are doing. I do NOT want to gain this weight back.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:33 AM   #318
Senior LCF Member

Lins - I've actually been enjoying my sprints on the treadmill. I'd LIKE to enjoy running and with enough prep, maybe I will.

Debbie - I've had a lot going on here lately: mother in law in town, trying to get kids on a summer plan where they're doing chores, sleeping in moderation, not on the computers and other technical stuff every second of the day, trying not to let slip that my 42 year old cousin is pregnant before she has the chance to tell her parents, nail polish nitemares! and a huge change in my work schedule. It's always something and I'm just now learning how to try to deal with these things without stuffing my face. For the last few days, I've been dealing with more than the norm, and have reverted back to my old ways of standing in the kitchen with the refrigerator door open. Two okras. Now the cabinet. Four almonds. Later the fridge again. Two bites of cottage cheese. Cabinet again. 1/4 of an Atkins bar. So healthy choices? Yes. Healthy mind set? NO! Old patterns sneaking in on me. And I feel like the harder I try to tell myself today is going to be different, the more calories I eat! I want to be able to forgive myself for going over my calorie goal and truly refocus in my head. We can always start over. Macauley is the bravest living proof of that!! And she's already losing big time!! Like your daughter I have a warped body image and up until Medi, it's been about perfection. And who knows what that is, because even when I was anorexic, I wanted to be thinner because I still THOUGHT I was too fat. It's the mind issues. I got out my Beck Diet Solution book that I've had for a few years and started it again yesterday. The body is making great strides. The mind has definitely stumbled.

Thank you, Debbie! And thank you everyone for sharing your truths! Today is a new day.

Last edited by tydreamer; 06-20-2010 at 06:35 AM..
Old 06-20-2010, 09:24 AM   #319
Senior LCF Member

I'm back in ketosis, surprisingly. I was at small this morning.
Walked the dog and jogged for 20 minutes then got on the bike for 30 minutes. It's a new day, indeed.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:24 AM   #320
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Good morning! Is everyone's guys (and the medi guys too) having a good Father's Day??

It's been a good weekend for me! I need to up my water as I'm again feeling puffy. Have I mentioned I hate that feeling? lol Next weigh in is Friday and then I'm on Wellness. Can't wait! The scale says I'm still doing well so no worries. Today I'm cooking Dreamfields pasta for my husband - his favorite food is spaghetti. I haven't decided whether I want to eat that or stick with my miracle noodles.

At church today, so many people stopped to talk to me - or RE introduce themselves to me because they had forgotten we had met. These people who rarely glanced at me before. I dunno... that really bugs me. I don't know whether I look more approachable now or what? I'm talking men AND women treat me way differently now.

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!
Old 06-20-2010, 03:53 PM   #321
Senior LCF Member

I got tons of compliments at church today. I was wearing one of my brand new size 8 dresses. It is true that you look better in clothes that fit you right. I was still wearing my bigger sized clothes because that's all I had, but now that I am wearing the appropriate size clothes I look and feel so much better.

I am going to Medi tomorrow for my week 11 weight-in even though it's a few days early. I have been going on Wednesdays but that is a busy day for us this summer so I need to make it on Mondays from now on. I am curious of what my weight will be 2 days early? Wish me luck!
Old 06-20-2010, 04:07 PM   #322
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NOT2fat4fun
Stats: 190/178/145 again
Start Date: May 5, 2009
Wow Lea - I totally have done the same thing - the little worn pattern in my kitchen floor - cabinet, fridge, cabinet - but not so much anymore. I am not so brave - but thanks for that - just determined to not wake up one morning and see the scale at 195 again...
I was talking to my clinic about a having a support group - we are moving into a bigger office in a few months and I don't know if it would happen but it would be nice I think.
It was super hard feeling all my feelings these past few weeks and I still get a bit teary at silly things but it does feel much better. I was bulimic when I was younger - had a boyfriend that would throw me on the scale - and that bad thinking comes up once in awhile. But overall I am good.
I think it will take a long time for my mind to catch up... I just need to keep my focus.
And Erin - I could not believe how many more people were nice to me - I am sure my being happier was a part of it = but I felt similar to you - I was the same great person fat - where was all your niceness then? Such an awful discrimination...

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it
Old 06-20-2010, 04:19 PM   #323
Major LCF Poster!

Macauley - How horrible about your previous boyfriend and issues. I am glad you are stronger now. Definitely a support group is good....I didn't know clinics were offering support groups! Cool!
Old 06-20-2010, 05:36 PM   #324
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT2fat4fun View Post
Wow Lea - I totally have done the same thing - the little worn pattern in my kitchen floor - cabinet, fridge, cabinet - but not so much anymore.

I was bulimic when I was younger - had a boyfriend that would throw me on the scale - and that bad thinking comes up once in awhile. But overall I am good.
I think it will take a long time for my mind to catch up... I just need to keep my focus.
Girl, I feel you. I went from anorexic in my teens and 20's to bulimic in my 30's. This time (in my 40's) I'm dedicated to my HEALTH - and more than any other part of me, in my mind. Bless you and your past. Even if I carry around a few more pounds than I would like for the rest of my life, I just want that sense of peace in my head. Today has been a really "restful" day.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:27 PM   #325
Senior LCF Member

I had a funny conversation with a friend today, via chat, I haven't seen her in person in several months because she is now a working mom and I use to see her at MOPS events. She only feeds her kids organic foods, she is all the time talking about "healthy" eatting, and avoiding food dyes, and chemical sugar subsitutes. There is no medical reason for anything she does she's just researched food and made her options on what she has read. She had heard that I was changing how I was eatting via another friend so she asked what I was doing. I told her that I had a new way of eatting, that basically consisted of lean proteins, low fat dairy, fruits and veggies. I told her that my carbs came from fruits and veggies and not from breads/pasta/potatoes. She then went on a rant about how I needed to be eatting whole grains, and that I would make myself sick if I kept eatting this way ect.... I told her that my kids did still eat some whole grains like oatmeal, and whole wheat bread but I was limiting what they eat also. She thought I was crazy. The funny thing is that she probably weights 250lbs. I am not putting her down at all for her weight, I was heavy for a LONG time my heighest weight was 200, when not pregnant. I just found it a bit odd that she thought my way of eatting was unhealthy, and her way of eatting was healthy yet she is still overweight, and I am very close to being at a healthy weight. She doesn't know that I have lost weight, and I don't plan on telling her. I want to see the look on her face the next time I see her in person.

Do you have anyone in your life that thinks your new way of eatting is unhealty? Too much protein? "healthy" carbs are important?..... What do you say to them?
Old 06-20-2010, 08:47 PM   #326
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 20, 2010
Everyone. Every single person you explain it to fixates on the 500 cals protein. "OMG, that is so unhealthy!!!" My answer is "really? Because I am doing it through a doctor's office!" But they are all amazed that I have lost so much, but then some will blurt out about how I'll gain it all back as soon as I go into maintenance. People really are saboteurs.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:00 PM   #327
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Oooh..like this conversation I had with a friend the other day...she asked me how I was losing weight and I gave a very brief description (real similiar to the one Lins gave) and her comment "Oh, so basically you're learning nothing about how to eat in the real world?" I tried explaining how I am learning more about myself and how to eat then ever before...her response was "Yeah, sure - we'll see how long you keep it off." I completely changed the conversation - only to keep myself from saying what kept going through my mind (she has joined Weight Watchers more times than I could count, each time losing 25 or more lbs...but then gains back 35+. Perhaps, she isn't learning how to eat in the real world!). When I recounted the story to my husband he said she's just jealous - and I hope he's - but at this point in my journey, I DO NOT need her negativity!

(But, oh I can't wait until we go to a baby shower together at the end of August - majority of the people there will not have seen me since this past Christmas - already looking forward to shopping for a new outfit just for that occasion!!! Oh, the things that keep us motivated! )

-Keri

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 06-20-2010, 09:25 PM   #328
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Lins,
My husband has been supportive of whenever I do something towards "health" but he too had an issue the first 2 months about this WOE thinking I was "starving" myself. I just had to keep reaffirming to him that I was getting the amount of protein my body needed, that I was taking vitamins, that it was all MD supervised, and that my issues of candida tummy ache/fuzzy head/body aches were much improved even after being on it 2 weeks! He doesn't think anything of it anymore, but I do eat the smidge of carbs with him occasionally partly to prove to him I'm not phobic. (Remember to see my signature...) I'm also finally exercising, which is something he's been encouraging me to do for several years....so he does see me truly making healthier choices. My daughters also feel better about it because I'm not yoyo-ing.

Gals at church were all concerned too until the past month or so when it became obvious this wasn't just a "phase" but had become a lifestyle for me. Now that I'm 40 lbs lighter they are asking how to do this too. Big thing I've been telling everybody is that Medi diagnosed me with Insulin Resistance and I was enroute to becoming a diabetic with all those complications had I not started the program, started Metformin, lost weight, and taken more responsibility for my own good health and fitness! Diabetes runs in my family...

Lea, Keri, Shelley and Lins - I've heard this for months. To tell you the truth, in addition to what I said above, I had a coworker on the program too and that really helped...then she quit it after 3 months and I kept going. I just couldn't talk to her anymore about it....people just want you to fall when they fall. DO NOT GO THERE FRIENDS! It's really best to limit who you talk to about what exactly you're doing unless they will likely also join up with Medi. This is your money, your time, your effort, your WOE! Remember, we're not doing this for any body else but ourselves....we've tried the "others" thing in the past and and we keep putting ourselves last....this one is the ONE that will work but you have to stay with it and not look for it to be a brief bandaid over a major emotional bleed! I wasn't ready to go for the emotional stuff in week one, or week 10....but it's where I'm at now and I want to learn what I need to learn this time! BTW-Today is Father's Day and I've given such a bad impression of my father (growing up in the military he made me the "3rd" parent, etc)....however....our relationship is richer since I was about 27 yo when he phoned me that he too became a Christian. Don't get me wrong...I still have emotional scars from life BC, but I'm so thankful we have had some very meaningful, rich conversations and visits!

Last edited by Fit2010; 06-20-2010 at 09:43 PM..
Old 06-21-2010, 06:22 AM   #329
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
Start Date: 4/26/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonoRoo View Post
Everyone. Every single person you explain it to fixates on the 500 cals protein. "OMG, that is so unhealthy!!!" My answer is "really? Because I am doing it through a doctor's office!" But they are all amazed that I have lost so much, but then some will blurt out about how I'll gain it all back as soon as I go into maintenance. People really are saboteurs.

yeah thats why i dont tell people anymore. I just say Im eating low cal low cal (as if its any of their business) because I am really tired of explaining myself to people. I know its a drastic program but desparate times call for desparate measures.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:33 AM   #330
Senior LCF Member

I am actually surrounded my incredibly supportive people. My hubby was fine with everything, my parents tell me all the time how proud they are of me, and my best friend can't wait to hear about my weigh-in each week. Plus she had several parties at her house this summer and she always makes sure there is food there that I can eat, or lets me know ahead of time so I can bring my own. So it's been really great. My other friends that I just see from time to time just know that I am doing "low carb" and clean eatting and they haven't said a work of negativity. They all tell me how great I am looking. So really this one lady was the first time that I have had anyone say anything negative to me, and this isn't the first time we have clashed on options. It was just a interesting conversation.

I feel so good about myself. Yes I am nervous about reaching maintance, but I know that I CAN keep eatting this way for the rest of my life because I have for 11 weeks now. I also know I can do anything I set my mind too. I no longer think about reaching my goal and then eatting "normal" again. I know I will always keep the Medi way of eatting with the VERY RARE treat, but even then I know I can take a few bites and by happy. I have no regrets over missed foods anymore. My biggest worry is taking the appetite supressant away, but I'll have help and support so I know i can do that too. I have learned a lot about myself, and what caused me to overeat and I know that with hard work I will never go back again.
Closed Thread