Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 02:27 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Smythe
Stats: restart 2/6/12 174/163/140
WOE: LC
No center near me....

so would you recommend just ordering the food online? I'm reading here about injections and meds that some of you are given. Those are not available to me...can I still be successful. The $$ is a huge issue for me so I'm still on the fence about joining. I had great success with Atkins but have regained all but a few pounds.
Thanks for your input.
Smythe is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2010, 05:04 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
What do you know about the program? There really isnt food to order... I use all my own food. You would have to buy your own vitamins and injections (but Id be weary of this.... I wouldnt buy these online so try a doctor) and see if you can get a prescription.

The only thing I buy online are my atkins bars.

To be honest, now that i know the program, I dont really know WHY Im paying 70$ a week (except for the shot and the prescription... ) but its working and Ive tried to do plans on my own before and it never worked.

Mini Goal - 130 by 10/30
Ultimate Goal - 120 by the end of the year.
Ortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:10 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
What works best for me is the accountability each week. I need the injections and the meds right now too, but really facing someone each week and talking to them about how my week went, and what I can adjust really helps. The way of eatting is very important, but I couldn't have just changed how I eat without the accountability in the beginning.

My advice would be to find something near you that has accountability. Yes Medi is a great program and it is working for us, but if you don't have one near you I would try something else. Maybe a local program that is similar. My Uncle used a different company with a similar plan in Arizona (I don't know what it is called). So look around for a weight loss clinic in your area and go talk to them.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:38 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nsjx
Stats: 203.5/159/159 - maintenance
WOE: medi
Start Date: April 17, 2010
Smythe I am doing medi on my own without meds etc. because I have high blood pressure and don't want to take anything that would up it. I come to this board for support and information and I have lost 19 lbs in 5 weeks. I take the B vitamin under my tongue, multivitamin, calcium pyruvate, Juice Plus capsules in vege and fruit, omega 3. I work out 3-4 times per week dancing and strength training. I have lost inches and I have energy. This board is a great support so if you are determined you can do it on your own. Just go to your regular dr. for bloodwork etc.
nsjx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:41 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortal View Post
What do you know about the program? There really isnt food to order... I use all my own food. You would have to buy your own vitamins and injections (but Id be weary of this.... I wouldnt buy these online so try a doctor) and see if you can get a prescription.

The only thing I buy online are my atkins bars.

To be honest, now that i know the program, I dont really know WHY Im paying 70$ a week (except for the shot and the prescription... ) but its working and Ive tried to do plans on my own before and it never worked.
I know just what I've read online- and I have a girlfriend who is doing it. She ordered food online- oatmeal, shakes, bars, I think it's called the 5 and 1 plan- the 1 being a lean and green meal.
So if you buy your own food, what do you use??
Old 05-28-2010, 03:55 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/162.5/149 5'8" 38 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinic
Smythe ~ This forum is dedicated to Medi Weight Loss, which is different than Medi-Fast. You can read more about the program here... www.mediweightlossclinics.com We eat a doctor-supervised low calorie, low carb diet, which is mostly lean protein with veggies.
suzanna1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 05:14 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanna1 View Post
Smythe ~ This forum is dedicated to Medi Weight Loss, which is different than Medi-Fast. You can read more about the program here... www.mediweightlossclinics.com We eat a doctor-supervised low calorie, low carb diet, which is mostly lean protein with veggies.
AHHHHH!! That's the difference! I just look it up and there is a center near me. What is the cost of the initial consultation and weekly visits? I'm getting excited
Old 05-29-2010, 06:16 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/162.5/149 5'8" 38 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinic
Smythe ~ Here is an older post on cost. Cost of Medi Weight Loss

For me, it was somewhere around $275 for the first visit and then $70 or $80 for each weekly visit. The initial visit included a physical with bloodwork, an ekg, blood pressure, etc and all of the supplements that I needed for the first month. The weekly fee covered the B12 shot and the appetite suppresant. I paid the additional $10 for the B6 shot which helps with water retention and cravings.

It is expensive, but for me, worth every single penny! Best wishes!
suzanna1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:00 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

thank you so much for the info! I am making an appointment next week