Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 11:32 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
New here - tomorrow starts Wk.3

Hello Everyone! Tomorrow I start wk. 3 of Medi, and just found this board. Is there a main thread that everyone posts in? I feel as if I have so many questions, but want to make sure I stick to the "rules" of the board!! :-) It's so nice to find a place where everyone is supportive - I have told very few people I am on this diet (basically because I've failed so many others in the past) that it'll be nice to share the daily struggles/triumphs.

I see some people say they stick to 20g carbs or less for the day - today I was just told to be under 40g a day (all of week 2 I averaged about 28-30g) per day.

I have lost 18.1 lbs in my 2 weeks on Medi, however - I struggle each day to eat at least the 500 calories of protein. Morning is my biggest struggle - I have never been a breakfast person, as it has always made me feel nauseous to eat in the morning. BUT, I know its a critical part of getting your metabolism started - I have been doing the medi protein bars (the protein shakes literally make me gag!). Anyone else have this problem?

This weekend is my daughter's 2nd bday party - any suggestions on how to stick to the plan? (And not devour the chocolate cake!!)

Also, I seem to always be in moderate to large Ketosis - does this mean I'm not drinking enough? My clinic didn't have much to say except that I always want to remain in Ketosis.

I guess that's enough questions for now! Thanks and I can't wait to become a part of this group!
mommy2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2010, 11:58 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sweedei
Stats: 194/156/140 (5'4")
WOE: Medi
Start Date: May 6, 2010
Hello Mommy2princesses-

I am fairly new to the board as well. But welcome. Its incredibly helpful. I go to my 3rd appt tomorrow morning.

From what I can tell based upon what I have read is that everyone may have different carb restrictions. Mine was 10g of carbs (or less) per day each of my 3 weeks so far. So, it must depend on height, weight and body type.

Congrats on your weight loss thus far. You are doing great. I too am having a hard time reaching my calories per day. I have to really pay attention to make sure I get my 500- who knew that would be a problem! Some days I feel kinda sick, others I feel energized to start my day with breakfast. So I keep playing with my menu, and I have taken a likening to egg whites done all sorts of ways.

As for ketosis- I was told that if I am higher than the moderate ketosis I need to drink more water. If I am under ketosis I have had too many carbs. My counselor told me too to stay right at moderate. I did some internet research on ketosis (and there is a thread on it on this bulletin board that is helpful).

Concerning the bday party this weekend- well, personally I decided to try my best so far not to discontinue my social functions just because I will not eat like everyone else. My will power is continually put to the test. So far, so good here. And I rejoice in the little successes with each day. You will have to plan something ahead for yourself. Perhaps set aside a sugar free jello snack- I know, I know Its not chocolate cake. But focus on what you can have, not what you can't.
week 5: 177.8 (-3.4)
week 6: 176.4 (-1.4) & up 3 in body water
week 7: 172.6 (-3.8) Total -22#
Sweedei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:03 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Most people start in the monthly thread.

I am not a huge fan of the protein shakes. Although I drink them from time to time. I just drink quick...lol I was told to eat less than 24g of carbs a day, but each clinic is different and they tell different people different things according to what that person needs so just stick with what your clinic is telling you. You learn really quick not to compare yourself to others or it just gets you frustrated.

As far as the birthday party goes, just avoid the cake. Don't even allow yourself a small bite. Stay away from it as much as possible. When the party is over get the cake out of your house. Your family doesn't need it there either, so it's best to just get it out. Another option is to get a cake that you don't like (but that your daughter does). For example I am allergic to coconut and for my mom's birthday the other day I got her a cake with coconut on it so that I wouldn't be tempted to eat it. Everyone else loved it but it didn't bother me to not eat it.

But the best thing to do is just to decide you are not going to cheat on this diet. It costs a lot of money, and your healthy is too important. Remind yourself of why you are doing it in the first place. Once you make that desicion it really does get easier to say no to food. Being thin and healthy (forever) is so much better than any food will ever taste (for a few minutes).
Old 05-25-2010, 02:10 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
Here is a link to the current month's thread.
*Motivation for Medi in May*

McBoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
Hello Everyone! Tomorrow I start wk. 3 of Medi, and just found this board. Is there a main thread that everyone posts in? I feel as if I have so many questions, but want to make sure I stick to the "rules" of the board!! :-) It's so nice to find a place where everyone is supportive - I have told very few people I am on this diet (basically because I've failed so many others in the past) that it'll be nice to share the daily struggles/triumphs.

I see some people say they stick to 20g carbs or less for the day - today I was just told to be under 40g a day (all of week 2 I averaged about 28-30g) per day.

I have lost 18.1 lbs in my 2 weeks on Medi, however - I struggle each day to eat at least the 500 calories of protein. Morning is my biggest struggle - I have never been a breakfast person, as it has always made me feel nauseous to eat in the morning. BUT, I know its a critical part of getting your metabolism started - I have been doing the medi protein bars (the protein shakes literally make me gag!). Anyone else have this problem?

This weekend is my daughter's 2nd bday party - any suggestions on how to stick to the plan? (And not devour the chocolate cake!!)

Also, I seem to always be in moderate to large Ketosis - does this mean I'm not drinking enough? My clinic didn't have much to say except that I always want to remain in Ketosis.

I guess that's enough questions for now! Thanks and I can't wait to become a part of this group!
McBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:35 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
First off, WELCOME!

Secondly, ah... the birthday party dilemma. If this is an option at all, I have found that serving forbidden things to guests is not a problem until after they leave. I absolutely have to send it with them or it calls to me. Even better, I prefer to have all treats outside of the house. That way there are no leftovers! Can you take your daughter to ice cream instead? Or maybe do cupcakes in exactly the same amount of guests?
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote