Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 08:07 AM   #61
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SLCDragon
Stats: 351/283/225
WOE: Medi
Start Date: May 20 2010
Mary that is great!

Being 18 my younger brother always drags me to the amusement parks with him to accompany him on all the rides! I was beginning to make excuses why I didn't want to go because the harness didn't fit right at the weight I was at. Now with over 50lbs lost I can go back to them comfortably. It's so great to be able to do things that used to be restricted because of your weight.

Congrats on the skydive, I bet it was a blast!
SLCDragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2010, 08:17 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sally1
Stats: 254/207/175
WOE: medi
Start Date: June 2
Jake! You are amazing. Keep up your spirit, it's contagious!!! I'm down 26.4 in 6 weeks. Feeling great.

Sally
sally1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:28 AM   #63
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally1 View Post
Jake! You are amazing. Keep up your spirit, it's contagious!!! I'm down 26.4 in 6 weeks. Feeling great.

Sally
Woo hoo! Excellent work Sally!
Old 07-17-2010, 07:24 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCDragon View Post
Mary that is great!

Being 18 my younger brother always drags me to the amusement parks with him to accompany him on all the rides! I was beginning to make excuses why I didn't want to go because the harness didn't fit right at the weight I was at. Now with over 50lbs lost I can go back to them comfortably. It's so great to be able to do things that used to be restricted because of your weight.

Congrats on the skydive, I bet it was a blast!
I was SO glad when my son was finally old enough to go on the roller coaster type rides with me.....I LOVE them. Then I too got to the place that the harnesses and lap belts didn't fit. I'm ready to ride again with my continuing weightloss! Keep up YOUR great success too!
Mary T8M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 09:22 AM   #65
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
I was SO glad when my son was finally old enough to go on the roller coaster type rides with me.....I LOVE them. Then I too got to the place that the harnesses and lap belts didn't fit. I'm ready to ride again with my continuing weightloss! Keep up YOUR great success too!
I'm definitely going to keep it up

This forum has been one of my main support systems due to the fact I can't really talk about it here with my friends/family ( they are all big, big eaters ) and don't believe in the no carb deal haha x)
Old 07-17-2010, 10:14 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Hold strong, Jake. We ALL run into issues with friends/family being unsupportive. My brother all but attacked me over it during dinner once. I've learned not to mention the "c word" (carb) to anyone. Nor do I tell them how many calories I'm eating. It sounds like your mom is supportive and that's all you need. It's no one else's business.

Keep up the fantastic work!
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 01:36 PM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
Hold strong, Jake. We ALL run into issues with friends/family being unsupportive. My brother all but attacked me over it during dinner once. I've learned not to mention the "c word" (carb) to anyone. Nor do I tell them how many calories I'm eating. It sounds like your mom is supportive and that's all you need. It's no one else's business.

Keep up the fantastic work!
Jake, and Erin
I agree, I don't tell anyone how many calories I eat, or actually I guess for us it would be how FEW we eat. My daughter "shuts me off" big time if "carb" is mentioned. Her SO (significant other) believes with all of his heart that low fat is the ONLY healthy way to lose weight.....all though they are both over weight. My son has just recently started putting on weight and when I told him about low carb he wasn't interested.....then his Dr. told him he should use low carb to drop the weight before it gets worse, so he has finally decided it's the way to go. He is following a lower fat, low carb diet. I have dieted so many times before, so this time I don't tell anyone. People are starting to notice, but right now I'm not giving any details....especially since we have to drive an hour away to get to the clinic.

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 07-17-2010, 06:11 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
This weekend I was asked how I was losing the weight...my response was "With a lot of hard work". The answer went over really well - there was no mentioning carbs or calories, or who had a better idea of how to lose weight...just agreement from everyone about hard work being what it takes. So, I think this may be my standard answer from now on!
mommy2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:59 PM   #69
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: onajourney
Stats: 288.5/252/160-170?
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: 06/10/2010
mommy2princesses,
That is a great answer..I love it.

I haven't told anyone what diet plan I am on except my husband of coarse.

I just tell people that I am have started eating healthier and exercising. I never tell anyone the amt of calories or carbs I am eating. Everyone seems to have an opinion on what is good and whats not.

The people I eat lunch with daily have no clue of the plan I am on.
onajourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:09 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
This weekend I was asked how I was losing the weight...my response was "With a lot of hard work". The answer went over really well - there was no mentioning carbs or calories, or who had a better idea of how to lose weight...just agreement from everyone about hard work being what it takes. So, I think this may be my standard answer from now on!
That's a GREAT answer! When I do eat with friends, I get a salad with (usually) grilled chicken. I eat the chicken and pick at the salad, and not one person has ever said a word beyond that.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:33 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Feel shameful to have lost so much??

I love when people don't recognize me or telling me how great I look but then they proceed to ask me how much I lost. I find it very uncomfortable to tell them that I lost 92+ lb, like it is somehow shameful to have been so overweight before. Do you all feel the same? Should I instead feeling proud and tell them the exact amount? I usually say - "A lot" and trying to change the subject.
irabeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:43 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by onajourney View Post
mommy2princesses,
That is a great answer..I love it.

I haven't told anyone what diet plan I am on except my husband of coarse.

I just tell people that I am have started eating healthier and exercising. I never tell anyone the amt of calories or carbs I am eating. Everyone seems to have an opinion on what is good and whats not.

The people I eat lunch with daily have no clue of the plan I am on.
I wish it was easier for me to "hide" my diet. I'm not ashamed or anything...it's just I don't like people knowing all my business. For me, being a vegetarian and going to social gathering where food is involved is akward. All my friends know that I love to eat so I find myself having to explain that I'm on a "diet" and then having to argue about why I can't have a piece of cake or some chips, etc. Most places that I would typically go with friends to eat do not have something that is both vegetarian AND medi friendly....so it has really make those type of things akward. Once I am in maintenance I will start venturing out more often....but for now, I suggest that we do things OTHER than go out to eat. Also, at work...I get hassled about not eating much and not taking a cookie or some cake or whatever snacks are around (which are abundant)....it gets old after awhile. Oh well...I'm healthier for it, so people can hassle me all they want.

maintenance
Charlene4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:10 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post
I love when people don't recognize me or telling me how great I look but then they proceed to ask me how much I lost. I find it very uncomfortable to tell them that I lost 92+ lb, like it is somehow shameful to have been so overweight before. Do you all feel the same? Should I instead feeling proud and tell them the exact amount? I usually say - "A lot" and trying to change the subject.
I definitely know what you're talking about. So far when people ask how much I loss, I'll say "about 40 lbs" which I am proud to answer. The uncomfortable part comes when people ask how much more I want to lose and I answer "50-60 more". And you see them do the quick calculation to realize I have 100 lbs to lose...and I do feel ashamed that I let myself get that overweight, but I also feel like they are thinking there's no way I'll lose that much. Not sure how I'll feel once I have accomplished the weight loss - if I'll feel proud to say almost 100 lbs, or if I'll go with an ansewr like yours. Wondering how others feel about this too!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
mommy2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:25 PM   #74
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BostonSue
Stats: 197.7/186.6/169
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 8 August 2011
no shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post
It's a little rude for people (especially those outside your closest family/friends) to ask you how much weight youíve lost, and I donít think you have any obligation to tell them the exact amount and I hope they take the hint when you change the subject. You need to do whatever feels most comfortable to you.

That being said, I imagine most people are asking because they are genuinely impressed that you have made a commitment to your health and stuck with it. I donít think they are judging you from where you started, but rather praising you for where you ended up. I absolutely think you should feel nothing but PRIDE - You are an inspiration along with the many other people on this board.
BostonSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:58 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonSue View Post
It's a little rude for people (especially those outside your closest family/friends) to ask you how much weight youíve lost, and I donít think you have any obligation to tell them the exact amount and I hope they take the hint when you change the subject. You need to do whatever feels most comfortable to you.

That being said, I imagine most people are asking because they are genuinely impressed that you have made a commitment to your health and stuck with it. I donít think they are judging you from where you started, but rather praising you for where you ended up. I absolutely think you should feel nothing but PRIDE - You are an inspiration along with the many other people on this board.
Thank you, BostonSue. I do feel proud and would rather have this problem of answering "rude" people's questions than hiding behind shapeless clothes and avoiding social events. I may just start telling people how much I lost. After all, with the popularity of the "Biggest Loser" may be it is becoming more mainstream to tallk about losing a huge amount of weight.
irabeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:58 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Great losses everyone!!!

I just tell people I am "watching what I eat", which is true and "running 3-4 times a week" which is true. Only a very few people know I am going to Medi because I knew they would be supportive. I get tired of hearing "I tried low carb once and lost weight but gained it all back when I went off the program".........because I know that I won't really ever go "off" the program. This is a new WOE for life.
lins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:43 PM   #77
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: onajourney
Stats: 288.5/252/160-170?
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: 06/10/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene4 View Post
I wish it was easier for me to "hide" my diet. I'm not ashamed or anything...it's just I don't like people knowing all my business. For me, being a vegetarian and going to social gathering where food is involved is akward. All my friends know that I love to eat so I find myself having to explain that I'm on a "diet" and then having to argue about why I can't have a piece of cake or some chips, etc. Most places that I would typically go with friends to eat do not have something that is both vegetarian AND medi friendly....so it has really make those type of things akward. Once I am in maintenance I will start venturing out more often....but for now, I suggest that we do things OTHER than go out to eat. Also, at work...I get hassled about not eating much and not taking a cookie or some cake or whatever snacks are around (which are abundant)....it gets old after awhile. Oh well...I'm healthier for it, so people can hassle me all they want.
Charlene,
I certainly understand, it can get old... I think its a great idea to suggest other things ..so many social things are centered around food and its good to get in the habit of doing things that are not food centered.
You are doing great and keep doing what you have to do to succeed.
onajourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:06 AM   #78
Junior LCF Member

Well I had my weigh in again this morning.

Down 2.5 As long as it keeps going down I'm happy!

Although I am going to mexico this week, so I don't know how that's going to pan out.. Not so much me cheating but the fact of actually getting in my calories only PROTEIN... any suggestions?

Total weight loss, 59!