Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   help! not losing! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/674861-help-not-losing.html)

Sterling 05-16-2010 01:56 PM

help! not losing!

Hi everyone! I'm new to this thread. 3 1/2 weeks ago I started medi-weight loss. Week 1-lost 5 lbs.; week2-lost 5.4lbs.; week 3-lost NOTHING (stayed exactly the same weight, but body fat % went down a little, while FFM went up a little); now I'm half way through week 4 and still nothing!

I am doing everything right eating exactly what I'm supposed to and have been exercising 30min-1hr religiously every single day. I don't look or feel any different and I'm starting to get frustrated. I need some words of encouragement! LOL

I am a 39 year old female attempting to lose 45 pounds. I really believed that if I follow the medi plan and put forth the extra exercise effort, that I could lose 40 lbs in 8 weeks.

I will update my progress, or lack thereof on a weekly basis.

I also do the MIC injection 2x/week, as well as my weekly b1,b6 shot.

suzanna1 05-16-2010 03:49 PM

Welcome to the forum!

Hang in there, Sterling! You have done great so far!!! 10.4 pounds in 3 weeks is amazing!!!

If you are following the plan, you will lose weight. Your body is just rearranging and holding onto water at this time. I had a couple of weeks where there was no loss on my scale until the morning of my weigh-in and then I lost a couple of pounds??? It was frustrating, but the weight did come off faster than it ever had with any other program that I have followed!

What does your menu look like? Are you still in ketosis? Does your clinic know about the level of exercise that you are doing?

Hugs!

Desert-Rose7 05-16-2010 05:23 PM

Sterling -
Add in your stats and we will be able to tailor our suggestions to your particular situation. If I had to guess, you are not terribly obese if you are looking to lose 45 lbs. Also, I think your expectations may be a touch on the unrealistic side. Success really depends on a lot of different factors - one of which is setting realistic goals for yourself.

Jo

txntv 05-22-2010 08:04 AM

After the first week, I had several weeks of disappointing low numbers. Yet, in weeks 7 and 8 -- when I thought I would have low numbers due to reaching normal range -- I lost 6.5 in two weeks. Was SHOCKED. So I think it's all about your body adapting. STICK with it. IT WILL PAY OFF!

Sshals 05-23-2010 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sterling (Post 13485699)
30min-1hr religiously every single day.

As one of the other responders asked, have to spoken to your clinic about that level of exercise? In the beginning weeks I was told to exercise lightly (3 times a week - very easy) or not at all. I didn't have enough energy the first few weeks to exercise anyway.

and what about ketosis?

Sweetmama2 05-24-2010 04:40 AM

questions about doing stats

In another doctors office I weighed 313 pounds only 5 days before going to MWLC. During those five days I had not tried to lose weight instead I went to my favorite restaurant and ate my favorite meal and did the usual meals at home. The morning I was to go to the clinic for the first time I weighed at home in the nude when I first woke up and weighed 307.8 pounds. Weighing at that time is usually my lowest weight for the day. But only a couple of hours later and fully dresses but with out shoes, I only weighed 302.2 pounds as my first weight at MWLC. Now when I do the stats which number do I use? I have weighed on several scales lately and no scale had my weight as low as MWLC.

Thanks for your help. I'm another newby and do not feel I have lost much this week either even though I have not strayed from the program one bit. I go back tomorrow morning and I can't wait to get weighed.

lins 05-24-2010 06:14 AM

Stick to one scale, and one scale only. It doesn't matter what other scales say. Just weight-in at Medi use their numbers. Don't weight yourself at home or on any other scale. That can just be stressful, and confusing. As long as your numbers are going down on the medi scale then you know you are doing what works. They can also tell you how much of that is fat, and water, which is helpful when you start working out, or when you have your TOM.

moxie73 05-25-2010 01:20 PM

Make sure you are eating enough calories and your body doesn't go into shut down mode.