Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Things I didnt know when I registered... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/674471-things-i-didnt-know-when-i-registered.html)

Ortal 05-13-2010 05:10 AM

Things I didnt know when I registered...

- they take 2 lbs off your weight for clothes. Now I know why this scale always read lower then my house scale. Guess it doesnt matter because its consistent, but still.

- after the vitamin and the appetite suppressant, nothing else is included after the first visit. The fat burner is like 25$ a bottle where i live!! Anyone have a good alternative? Or with the Calcium? I already found a cheaper good quality Omega 3. I am kind of bummed because they insisted 'its all included except the B6 shot' a few times... oh well . Shoulda read the fine print. but for 12# gone in 2 weeks I dont really care :)

suzanna1 05-13-2010 02:22 PM

I use the Medi fat burners (I like them because they don't make me jittery), but I have read that others on this website are using Mega Green-T Fat Burners, which can be purchased at most drugstores or Wal-Mart type stores near the protein powders & shakes.

I have always used my own Caltrate product that my OB/GYN recommended that I pick up at the drugstore.

I like the 2 pound reduction. I have found that my clothes do usually weigh around 2 pounds, so I don't feel like it more truthful since I really only care what my body weighs, not my clothing. I always wear the same type of clothes to my weigh ins for consistency.

Dragonfire 05-14-2010 11:19 AM

Hi. I have no Medi clinic by me so I'm doing this on my own.

I use Green Tea fat burners. They leave me jittery if I take them at night so I do 2 for breakfast and 2 in the afternoon before 3. I also get B12, Omega, and calcium from there. I take Iron since I noticed since being on this WOE I'm bruising more easily which may be due to anemia.

Hope this helps.

SonoRoo 06-15-2010 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ortal (Post 13474522)
- they take 2 lbs off your weight for clothes. Now I know why this scale always read lower then my house scale. Guess it doesnt matter because its consistent, but still.

Hey Ortal, I just happen to see this and thought it was interesting. I have a Tanita scale at home and that is what they use in the office. One day when I didn't eat till weigh in I weighed the same in the morning at home as I did at the clinic. The next week I ate before going to the clinic and the scale at the clinic showed me as a pound heavier than when I weighed at home. I wore the same scrubs for both weigh ins at the clinic and my birthday suit for both at home. :o So I'm pretty sure that at least at my clinic they don't take off anything for clothes.

taw62 06-16-2010 08:18 AM

Ortal,

Sorry I don't have an alternate to offer for the fat burner, but you are welcome to the bottle they gave me last week at my first visit - I'm not taking them. It's sealed and unopened from the Medi Clinic in Johnston RI. I'll send it to you if you want them.

For the calcium, I take Citrical - have been for years and they seem to be working (I don't drink milk) - my OB ordered a rountine bone scan in March which was fine.

Tracey

Ortal 06-16-2010 08:22 AM

that would be really nice tracy! I can paypal you some money for shipping if you want...

taw62 06-16-2010 08:31 AM

No worries - it can't be much from RI to CT - I'll cover it! Email me your name & address and I'll send it out to you. taw62@cox.net

Ortal 06-16-2010 10:03 AM

I emailed you... awesome!

taw62 06-20-2010 11:23 AM

Ortal,
The fat burners are on their way to you - USPS -first class mail. You should get them this week!

Tracey

Ortal 06-21-2010 12:11 PM

youre awesome, thank you!!