Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 07:35 AM   #1
CGT
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CGT
Stats: 189/151/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: August 25, 2009
10 Pounds to goal

Now that I am closer to my goal I am trying to stay focus and incorporate more healthy items to my diet. The doctor suggested that I go back to induction to get rid of the final ten pounds fast. I thought about it and decided that I probably need to let my body loose the weight at its own pace and use the time to learn tools that will help me keep the weight off. I am looking for suggestions and support. For a couple of week now I have been adding a healthy food item to my diet on a weekely basis. So far I have added, blackberries,raspberries, soy milk, watercress, flax seed and unsweetended almond milk. This week I added avocado and next week I am planning to add edemame. and yes I know its hard to believe but my diet prior to medi did not include any of these items. No wonder I was overweight and in poor health. Does anyone have any suggestions? Discovering new flavors and food variety is whats kept me on the diet this long. Thank you
CGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2010, 09:05 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: HeatherT
Stats: 192/137/130
WOE: Medi
Start Date: Dec 30, 2009
I am taking the same approach as you! Have only 7 lbs till goal and am in no rush. I feel it is more important to make it stick than to get there in a hurry. Sounds like you are doing it the right way, adding in healthy carbs. I have been a little too loose with the low-carb ice cream. I hasn't caused any weight loss problems yet, but I feel like I might be on a slippery slope! This WOE seems like it will not be hard to continue and I feel so excited to actually reach a weight loss goal and actually be able to maintain it longterm!! Sorry I didn't really give you any suggestions, but it was nice to hear that someone else is in the same boat as me!
HeatherT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:11 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
I'm almost there too! I'm trying to do the same as well. Getting really nervous about how maintenance will go and I'm going to concentrate on making sure I get my veggies in, more whole foods (less packaged stuff), and exercise. I'm also going to try and wean off the crystal light and artificial sweetener. I'm training for a 1/2 marathon in November so exercising won't be a problem. I'm having difficulty fighting stress though and staying focused. Taking care of chronically ill family members and it's taking a toll on me. Gotta keep my eye on the prize!!!

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:45 AM   #4
CGT
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CGT
Stats: 189/151/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: August 25, 2009
Question for Heather

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherT View Post
I am taking the same approach as you! Have only 7 lbs till goal and am in no rush. I feel it is more important to make it stick than to get there in a hurry. Sounds like you are doing it the right way, adding in healthy carbs. I have been a little too loose with the low-carb ice cream. I hasn't caused any weight loss problems yet, but I feel like I might be on a slippery slope! This WOE seems like it will not be hard to continue and I feel so excited to actually reach a weight loss goal and actually be able to maintain it longterm!! Sorry I didn't really give you any suggestions, but it was nice to hear that someone else is in the same boat as me!
I see that you already in the 130's that's awesome. May I ask how tall you are? I am 5"2 and set up my goal at 140. I am afraid that my goal is too high. I know that 135 will be better for me but I was afraid that I will never get there. Do you take the appetite supresants? I stopped taking them because I was afraid to get used to them. I have been on the diet since end of August last year. I have not lost any weight in four weeks and the clinic told me that I was not eating enough. They want me to eat 800 calories. I am hoping to see better results in the next couple of weeks. I have a sweet tooth so I totaly understand the need for the low carb ice cream. I use land o lakes cool whip in spray it does not contain any carbs and is 20 calories two tbsp. I make oopsie rolls in a whoopie pie pan. I use the spray as a filler for the whoopie pies. This keeps my sweet tooth under control. Thannks for responding to my post. Hang in there
CGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:22 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: HeatherT
Stats: 192/137/130
WOE: Medi
Start Date: Dec 30, 2009
I am 5'3". At 137 I am solidly in size 6's (and even some 4's!) I have always weighed more than I look like I do (heavy bones??) and even at this weight I am getting a lot of feedback that I should stop. I am happy here, but would like to lose the last few so I have some wiggle room (original goal was 120, even I admit that would be too thin for me) It probably depends on your body type and age. i am 38, so i think being too thin would make me look older, so maybe in my 20's I would have gone lower.
I am on the AS and LOVE it. Definitely feel it will make maintenance harder when I go off, but felt that since the tool was available, I should use it in order to lose the weight. I am always high on my calories, probably closer to 1000, but I seem to lose better that way. I am also doing pretty intense workouts 3-4 times a week, so I think it all evens out. Do you workout? That might give your losses a boost if you started, or changed up your routine.
My sweet tooth has been my biggest problem as well, and would definitely be struggling more if not for oopsie cakes! Layered with SF jello and cool whip, they are SOOO good and keep me on track.
The good news is-being so close to goal is the best problem to have! I am just so glad to look in the mirror and be happy, I truly never thought I could look this good after 2 kids!
HeatherT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:00 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
CGT - Good luck with those last 10...it is tough getting them off towards the end! Just wanted to chime in on the height thing! I am 5 feet (although I like to tell people I am 5'1". I posted this on another thread but when I made my goal with Medi we agreed on 140 because it was ok within their range and also seemed so unreachable (at the time) to me. Now that I hit that and know the program I went on maintenance with them but still follow acute because frankly I can get down to probably about 120 if I tried. I do eat about 800 protein calories a day plus the veggie and fruit and still work out 4-5 times a week. Right now I am an 8-10 and size M in clothes which is awesome and feels great but I know I still have fat on me that needs to go.

Best of luck in your journey!
katew1129 is offline   Reply With Quote