Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2010, 11:27 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 1/23/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
Ugh I knew last week wasn't great, although I can't pinpoint why. I was only down -.5lb (-2lbs of fat, and up +1.5lb of water) this week. That's so frustrating. I am going to go back and do week one and see if I can jump start some things. I need to do that to feel like I am in control again. I have never gone out of ketosis, I've been over 10,000 steps everyday, and ran or biked 3-4 of those days. I am eatting medi approved food. The only thing I can think of is that my fat level might be a little up. I am just really going to watch it this week.

But I am still dissapointed so any encouragment you could send my way would be great.

EVERYONE goes through a "flat" phase as your body re-adjusts to it's new size! Don't worry! You will come out of it in the next couple of weeks with flying colors! Over 16 pounds lost (or 9.2%) is an excellent start! WTG!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2010, 07:22 PM   #122
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: julesrnc
Stats: 5'6" 190/174/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 4/25/10
I've stuck to plan 100%. Must have had too much salt. Not sure where. Only lost 1 lb fat but up 1 in water. Broke even for my second week. Very disappointed, but will keep on keepin on.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:19 AM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fit2b55
Stats: 218/211/178
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 6/24/09-Maintenance 10/12/09!!: RESTART 5/27/14
Good Morning Jerry! Shared my morning coffee with you in my Charlotte Observer!! Love the ad...move over Jared...there's a new J in town! Congratulations!! El
Old 05-13-2010, 05:06 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
Start Date: 4/26/2010
I was down 3.6# for my second week!! However I got into a huge fight with someone on my way home and did NOT want to cook but I was upset and starving. I ate 2 bars - one MWL and one atkins - I still was at like 800 calories butthey werent the best calories today and I feel kinda sick today. Lesson learned. At least it wasnt taco bell

And oh i got so excited Jerry I saw you on a poster at my office as well as please watch for him on TV ___ date___ etc. and I told my nurse that I kinda sorta 'knew' him through a forum I go to. youre famouse!!
Old 05-13-2010, 10:03 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amy1915
Stats: 230/230/130
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: Started Over 9/2012 after 76lb loss in 2010.
Hey Everyone - Just thought I'd stop in and post an update. Didn't have a good week last week, but this week lost 6lbs for a total of 67 in 17 weeks. Gotta Love Medi! Hoping next week I'll be able to change my avatar again!
Old 05-13-2010, 11:05 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Well it's official. I eat when I'm stressed. lol We've had several back to back family emergencies. I cannot wait for things to settle down. To ease stress, I've been hitting the gym hard and I'll tell you what... I feel so bloated. I seriously retain water when working out!

I've stayed pretty good food-wise although I'm eating around 800-900 calories which is high but I just can't stress about that right now. I'm not eating anything that's off limits at least.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!
Old 05-13-2010, 03:12 PM   #127
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Azurro
Stats: 229.2/193.8/160
Start Date: May 2010
Finished first week

Hi All--
I thought I would share.. I finished my first week on the program--- A total loss of 9.4. On to week..... Any helpful tidbits on how to deal with week two.. I get to add fruit and Veggies.. and some cheese
Old 05-14-2010, 07:38 AM   #128
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sweedei
Stats: 194/156/140 (5'4")
Start Date: May 6, 2010
Hello! I am day 2 into my second week. I find it difficult already to make the adjustment in adding some veggies. So nervous that I will mess up with eating too much. But I guess I need to follow the sample menus- measure- and drink water. Yesterday, I still had below my carb allotment and below my calorie allotment. I wish us both the best this week. How I do over this weekend will really tell me what I am made of. Usually, my weekends are my "cheat" days (wings, pizza, martinis...yum). And "cheating" no longer exists now that I am on Medi. So-trying not to be stressed about this and will do my best.
week 5: 177.8 (-3.4)
week 6: 176.4 (-1.4) & up 3 in body water
week 7: 172.6 (-3.8) Total -22#
Old 05-14-2010, 12:02 PM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I weighed at home this morning. My scale is typically 3-4lbs different than Medi. And I was down 2 lbs since Wednesday. So after my 1/2lb loss this week that made me feel better. I also had to go to the bathroom about a million times so I think my body got rid of that 1.5lbs of water I had. It just made me happy to know that if I stick with it, I will keep losing the weight. I needed that little pick me up this morning.

I have 30 of my hubby's employees coming over for a BBQ tonight. We are doing hamburgers and hotdogs. I have my Medi approved hotdog set aside so that I can eat it, and nobody will know the difference (although I won't have bread). I plan to just keep busy being a host so distract myself and hopefully no one will notice my lack of eatting the chips and stuff.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:47 PM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Lins, I don't think anyone will notice anything if you don't draw it to their attention! I've found that the less of a deal I make, the better it is. Have fun and congrats on the loss!
Old 05-15-2010, 08:25 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sshals
Stats: 5'4" 264/192/132
Start Date: 02/2010
Good morning medi-friends!

I am happy to report that I lost 4 pounds last week which puts me at the 40 pounds gone mark. The weight loss feels great and people are starting to notice. It's still hard for me to see it though - I guess it's because I still have so far to go.

Last night I went to a function with my husband and wore a shirt that I had worn to a dinner party in September. One of our friends had taken a picture of us at the dinner party and posted in on Facebook. I really hated that picture. Well, last night a friend took a picture of us (and posted it on Facebook). I don't hate the picture from last night. When I look at them both I can finally see the difference. I am still big, but I look so much better than I did in September, when I was probably about 50 pounds heavier. I think is was something about having the same outfit. Well, not the same jeans (Old Navy size 18 now!!), but the same top. I guess I'll have to keep the shirt for shots in another couple of months and then at goal. Might be more like a dress by then though
Old 05-15-2010, 02:50 PM   #132
Junior LCF Member

CONGRATS SSHALS. 40 lbs is an awesome accomplishment.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:14 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amy1915
Stats: 230/230/130
Start Date: Started Over 9/2012 after 76lb loss in 2010.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
Thanks for the advice! It's exactly what I needed! I still have anxiety in social situations. Because I haven't seen some friends and family in a few months, I realize how different I must look to them. Heck, I look different to myself! Which brings me to this...

Has anyone become obsessed with trying on clothes? Lol. I swear I change clothes 4 or 5 times a day. I'm loving shopping too which is verrrry dangerous! I made a huge leap of faith and threw out all clothing which was too loose on me today. I mean EVERYTHING minus a few sweatshirts and tees I can wear baggy. It was scary and my closet is pretty bare now.
I know I am late on my reply to this but I can TOTALLY relate!!! I do the same thing and I have been shopping like crazy. I was a shopper before...but I am afraid it is becoming an obsession because I am neglecting other things in order to stop at stores here and there. I'll even hit the same ones more than once a week just because "they might have something new/different than they did the other day". One night I after I had a particularly rough day at work I was taking my work clothes off and just started trying things on because seeing myself in those clothes, in those sizes calmed and soothed me. I think they call this "Changing Rooms On The Titanic"...switching one addiction for another. Naturally thinking about this issue leads to an entire examination of what it is about myself or my life that I am trying to escape from...I have a pretty good idea what that is but it is just interesting to me that when I was heavier I thought if I could just get healthy and lose the weight things would get better on their own. Many things have improved...but now I am dealing with the same issues, just 60+ lbs. lighter doing it.

I also wanted to chime in on the whole mom/family comments thing. All of a sudden everyone is so "proud" of me...which you would think is a good thing right? It doesn't feel like it to me because I had dozens of important accomplishments during my heavier years...but now because I am thinner I meet everyone's approval? Some family members think they're being funny or cute by saying "Hey Skinny" when I see them. What's wrong with just a simple "You look really nice today"? I am also resentful that now people in public hold doors for me, make eye contact with me, notice me. Did the presence of 60+ lbs. really cause me to deserve to be treated poorly by people in public?
Not cool...not cool at all.

Has anyone else felt like this with the shopping/comments/public treatment?
Old 05-16-2010, 03:22 PM   #134
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KTeacherNC
Stats: 226.6/205.2/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 2010
Hi Everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Dana and I'm a 30 year old Mommy to a beautiful 5 month old girl named Sophia. I teach kindergarten and live in Charlotte, NC. I'm definitely looking forward to school getting out for the summer soon so I can spend it with my daughter. I started medi 3 weeks ago. Here are my stats:
Week 1: -9.2
Week 2: -4.2
Week 3: -1.2

I was disapointed with my week 3 results, but I know every week won't be a loss of 9 lbs...if only that were possible! I'm still trying to figure out different things to eat that are easy and quick. Not much time on my hands between working full time and an infant! My goals this week: Try a new recipe from the recipe threads every day, exercise or walk each day, and make sure I'm drinking at least 60oz. of water each day. I'm feeling like I'm floundering a little bit today. The weekends are always hard for me. But coming here helps so much! Thanks for all the motivation!
Old 05-16-2010, 03:55 PM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/162.5/149 5'8" 38 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinic
Dana!!!

You are doing so well! Week 3 seems to be a lower rate of weight loss for a lot of people, but it does seem to pick back up in later weeks... not that 1.2 pounds shouldn't be celebrated! That is still a great loss!
Old 05-16-2010, 06:27 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
Start Date: 1/23/2009
Guess who I ran into this weekend!?! It was great to be able to meet Susie and her husband Saturday!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SusienJerome.jpg (38.1 KB, 22 views)
Old 05-16-2010, 10:33 PM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Jerry and Susie, How cool is that! I'm sure it was Medi merriment all around with the three of you celebrating your collective losses!! Cannot wait for the update tomorrow (Monday) and more photos.
Debbie
Old 05-17-2010, 04:46 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom on a mission
Stats: Ht 5' 7" 247/156.4/160
Start Date: January 2, 2010
Good Monday morning all! Haven't checked in for a bit. Jerry and Susie- you both look so fabulous. Healthy, happy and glowing...very inspiring!!

I am nearing my goal, actually my mini-goal. I set my target for 160, but am not sure I will be happy at that weight til I get there, we'll see. Ultimately I'd like 150! I am feeling a bit frustrated as the past few weeks haven't given me the numbers I'd like. My clinic tells me it's because I'm so close now. My fat mass & fat % are normal now, yeah! However, my BMI is still considered overweight (27.1). My friends are floored at the fact that I'm still considered overweight, but I have days that I still feel like the fat girl. It's hard for my mind to wrap around how I look physically. I guess I'm struggling to know when I'll be happy with how I look as I don't see myself as others see me. I'm wondering if it has to do with the speed of the weight loss? I'm not complaining, believe me I'm not. This is the best thing that could've happened to me- my health depended on it!! Seems like I'm a whole new person on the outside but have the same "fat" feelings on the inside.

Ok- done venting about that! My -.6lb loss this week wasn't what I'd hoped for. When I got home and really studied the numbers, I was pleasantly surprised to see that I lost -3.4lbs in fat but gained 4lbs in water (thank you TOM). I'm looking at it as a positive with the fat loss!!

Have a great day everyone!
Sue

REACHED GOAL WEIGHT ON 06/24/10
Total Loss: -90.6 lbs

Wellness...
Old 05-17-2010, 05:20 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sshals
Stats: 5'4" 264/192/132
Start Date: 02/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom on a mission View Post
I have days that I still feel like the fat girl. It's hard for my mind to wrap around how I look physically.
I think it takes some time for your mind to catch up. Saturday I went shopping and saw this cute shirt on sale. Based on the size on the label, I thought it might fit, but the shirt looked too small. I decided to try it on anyway. It fit.

Maybe if you go try some clothes on in stores that you never would have set foot in before, you'll start to feel like the thin girl you are.... You could fly somewhere for the weekend and see how much room you have in your seat! Are there other places that used to make you feel big? Movie theater seats? Amusement park rides? Try them all now with the thin and fit new you
Old 05-17-2010, 05:53 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Need to give myself a pat on the back here... went to a catered party on Saturday night and they put this HUGE piece of steak on my plate. I had some the size of my fist and gave the rest to my boyfriend who can eat whatever the **** he wants and look great. Didnt have one alcoholic drink, stuck with crystal light. Deff miss the drinking, but what can I say, Im sure by Wednesday and weigh in itll be worth it.

Also my Miracle noodles came in the mail. LOVE THEM. entire bag has 2 net carbs (for 7 oz) and zero cals and i eat it in soup. I just have to not go through them too fast cause they aren't cheap. Cant wait to find new things for them.

Last edited by Ortal; 05-17-2010 at 05:56 AM..
Old 05-17-2010, 12:39 PM   #141
Junior LCF Member

Ortal, pats on the back are definitely in order. I lost 2lbs for my 3rd week weigh in. So happy about that. I have a challege coming up this week. I have to fly and attend a formal gathering. How do other travelers handle these type of situations. Thanks to all.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:24 PM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/162.5/149 5'8" 38 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinic
Ortal ~ great job sticking to the plan!

Jules ~ Congrats on your loss! There is an older post about traveling that I dug up...

Travel Support

I travel a ton for work and usually take a couple of 100 packs of cocoa almonds, 100 packs of beef jerky, foil packets of Bumble Bee chicken breast (southwest flavor is the best!) and flavored tuna packs. I pack EAS shakes in my checked luggage and a small soft-sided cooler that I fill with ice at the hotel.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:42 PM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Im really nervous about week three... i didnt deviate but I dont feel like I lost any more weight. I saw noticeable differences week 2. My home scale this PM says I stayed the same weight and I usually weigh in at night. Really nervous... Id hate to be paying 70 dollars and have it not work. PLUS I AM SO CLOSE TO FITTING INTO THOSE JEANS!!

Sorry... just needed to vent. I weighed myself tonight and Im nervous now.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:44 PM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slbpl61
Stats: 5'8" 206/203/165
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 08/16/2013 Restart
I need some serious motivation.....I have been doing well but these last 10 days have been very stressful between traveling, etc. I can't seem to get back into the groove of journaling, taking my vitamins, etc regularly. I also feel lilke my AS are no longer working and hope they can adjust my dose so I can get these last 20 pounds off. I feel I am so close to my goal but I am hungry all the time....ugh! Tonight was the first night I have exercised since back in town and that helped but then I was starving and cooked late. I need to get back on the serious track and fast!! Any words of encouragement will be most appreciated. My week 12 weigh-in is this Friday and I missed last weeks being out of town. I just want to maintain but I fear a few pound gain :/.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:55 PM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Susan, Look at your numbers! You've been doing well. I'd suggest making sure you get plenty to drink daily, and make most of it just plain water. I too drink diet Sprite (which has Nutrasweet in it) and just want to warn that drinking or eating anything with artificial sweetners can trigger your appetite to think it's going to be eating something...because it correlates that sweet (even though artificial) with incoming calories. If you try to cut back to just protein only for 3 to 4 days that sometimes makes you less hungry.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:15 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

I'm going for my weigh in this morning. I've eaten over my calories all week and based on the scale, I expect to maintain or gain a bit. 10 more pounds, Erin!!! Deviatng a bit has me nervous for maintenance. I've been tracking so I know I've been between 800 and 1000 calories so if I've gained on that, I'm going to be depressed. I had a mini break down with my husband last night. Sometimes I just get so tired of battling food every single day - sometimes every minute of the day.

I'm recommitting today. All protein for 3 days then back in the saddle. Also not going to eat a single lo carb "sweet" or a single almond. Debbie is right. I think those things are really undermining my efforts.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:41 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
Start Date: 2/10/10
Erin, I'm with you. I'm back to a few days of week 1. Even tho it's just a few almonds, it makes me want a few more. And since it's just a few, it makes me think it's okay to go ahead and have a few more. I'm tired, too, of fighting this every day, but just as people in 12 step programs with other addictions, they struggle every single day too. I know I said this before, but I think somewhere I thought maybe as the weight came off, my want/need/desire for food would just disappear. At least now I know this is never going to go away and it will be something I deal with every single day. I guess I should be thankful for the days that really are "easier". Yesterday was NOT one of those days.

We can do this. Thank goodness for the support of the people on this program!
Old 05-18-2010, 05:46 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

I dont want to start a new thread for this so I hope its appropriate here.... how do you Private Message someone? Do you need a certain amount of posts? I dont see the option ANYWHERE. Thanks
Old 05-18-2010, 06:26 AM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dragonfire
Stats: 5'5"/260/226/135
Start Date: 04/07/2010 Restart 01/08/2011
Ortal: I think it depends on how much you post and the other person posts. It looks like I can send a PM to anyone who has posted over 50 posts but not under that.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:54 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I go for my week 6 weight in tomorrow, and I am nervous, not because I didn't lose but I had a GREAT week, and I hope I am not disappointed if the scale doesn't show it. I weighed myself on Saturday morning, and was down 3.5lbs since my last medi-weight in a few days earlier. I had just come off my TOM and last weeks loss was only 1/2 a pound. I am so hoping to see the 150's this week.

Question about Medi bars, or Adkins bars (which my clinic approved). Is it really bad to eat those everyday? I haven't but I really want to. I am tired of breakfast foods (eggs, sausage.....), and I am not a huge fan of protein shakes. So I was getting discourage every single morning because I just don't like the breakfast choices. I use to eat a bowl of cereal everyday and that was fine, but now that I can't do that it just has me frustrated. Plus I have 3 kids to take to school in the morning so I am out the door early. I started having a medi bar a few time a week and that really helped my attitude toward breakfast (which I never skip). Now that I found the approved Adkins bars I am very tempted to have that or a medi bar every monrning, because they are good and quick, but didn't know if I should.
Closed Thread