Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 06:03 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
I thought the same thing about Jerry's segment this morning. Too short!! I wanted to hear more too. Jerry, you looked fantastic and I love your smile!

I'm gonna go ahead and send a little prayer up for the "seven" pounds for you - just so you can say you lost 300 pounds. You are amazing!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2010, 06:30 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/162.5/149 5'8" 38 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinic
Here are links to Jerry on the Today Show!

Once too fat to walk, dad sheds 293 pounds - Joy Bauer
Once too fat to walk, dad sheds 293 pounds - Joy Bauer

Amazing!!!
Old 05-03-2010, 07:17 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
suzanna1 - THANK you for the link to watch Jerome (I know that's what the Medi clinic we both go to call him too). Congratulations Jerome/Jerry/successful MWL friend! Your interview was way too short, but very meaningful and encouraging! Whoo Hoo!
Old 05-03-2010, 09:00 PM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: anewstart
Stats: 218.8/160.5/160
Start Date: October 19, 2009
Hi everyone... I wanted to share a few things... first.. this board is amazing as are all of you.. when Ive needed inspiration I come here...the second thing is that this past Saturday I ran my first 5k race... and I made it! I was tired and hot when I got done and it didnt sink in what I had actually accomplished until I was on my way home and the tears came.. I went from having a mild stroke and being 218 lbs to running a 5k!!! The last thing is Ive decided to start maintenance and not give myself up to a number on a scale. Ive reached my first goal and with the running my body composition is changing. Im good where I am, Im healthy and happy and Im between a size 8-10!! I gained 4 lbs of muscle,1 lb of h2O and dropped 2.5 in fat this past weigh in.. ! Thanks for the support.. I ll be checking in!! Best of luck to all of you!

Sandra
Old 05-03-2010, 09:43 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Sandra~WOW! What a great new start for you!! You did all this in 6 1/2 months...and did it over the holidays! Wonderful for you!! I'm so proud of you, YOU are an inspiration!
Old 05-04-2010, 03:36 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kristenb
Stats: Ht: 5'2" 187.7/154.8/135
Start Date: 01/06/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Determined Gemini - Refer to Susie's answer (post #432 on the Medi Maintenance Phase thread)...she said she heard Vit D helps to avoid hair loss. Are you also taking a good multivitamin? I make sure to take my multivitamin in a gelatin capsule (instead of a tablet) so that it breaks down and is absorbed more thoroughly. Hope that helps!!

Fit2010, what multi-vitamin do you take? I am using the one from Medi right now, but it's about to run out and I wouldn't mind looking at a different one. You said yours is gel coated instead of a tablet?

(PS - way to go on sneaking under 160, that's awesome! next thing you know you'll be in the 150's!)
Old 05-04-2010, 12:06 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SCgirlinFL
Stats: 259.4/181.8/140
WOE: Medi
Start Date: January 7, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined Gemini View Post
I'm feeling a little better today but still nauseous and stomach pains. I'm not sure if I should make my appointment today since I know I haven't lose anything. Maybe just to get the shots. Any ideas/suggestions?

On a different note, anyone still experiencing hair loss? I have long thick hair but it's just falling off. My mom helped clean my house this weekend and was socked to see all the hair she swept up. She's worry something worse is going on with me. I did explain to her about the side affect of the MWL treatment but not sure I convinced her. I'm taking the Biotins, anything else I should be taking?
Hey DG, I am in the same boat you are in. My hair has gone from alot falling out to ALOT, ALOT, ALOT falling out...It's just to much for me to ignore anymore. It has gotten to the point that for me, I think I am going to maybe take a break for awhile. It kills me b/c I have been steady losing and don't want to stop the momentum, but I read somewhere on this site that Medi uses your inital pmt for up to 1 year. I am going in next wk w/ to talk w/ the doctor about maybe increasing calories & carbs like heading into the maintenance program. I am hoping that as I increase those I will see a decrease in hairloss and hopefully still lose weight although not as fast. I am hoping to find a balance. Maybe once the hairloss stops and is good for a few months I will go back to the acute phase to lose the remainder. I am taking the omega 3 as well as biotin, CQ10 and one other vitamin that was suggested and nothing is helping it just keeps getting worse. I am personally a BIG proponant of listening to my body and I am seeing this as my body screaming at me to STOP doing what I am doing to it. Everyone has to make their own decisions about what does and doesn't work for them and what they can or cannot handle and it has come to the point where I have to say enough is enough. I want to lose the weight, but I want to be healthy in the process. I know Medi says this is a temporary thing, but this is coming from men who aren't pulling out wads of hair in the shower as well as all day long. In the end, it IS a business for them and they don't have to live w/ the consequences. Anyway....off my soapbox now. I will let you know what the doc says next wk. Good luck, SCgirl
Old 05-04-2010, 12:12 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Suzanne, Thanks for posting the links to Jerry's video. I looked for it yesterday and couldn't find it.

Jerry, what more can I say. You are truely amazing and inspirational, not to mention handsome. I feel priviledged to have gotten to know you a little bit. Thanks for being part of my journey.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:15 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCgirlinFL View Post
Hey DG, I am in the same boat you are in. My hair has gone from alot falling out to ALOT, ALOT, ALOT falling out...It's just to much for me to ignore anymore. It has gotten to the point that for me, I think I am going to maybe take a break for awhile. It kills me b/c I have been steady losing and don't want to stop the momentum, but I read somewhere on this site that Medi uses your inital pmt for up to 1 year. I am going in next wk w/ to talk w/ the doctor about maybe increasing calories & carbs like heading into the maintenance program. I am hoping that as I increase those I will see a decrease in hairloss and hopefully still lose weight although not as fast. I am hoping to find a balance. Maybe once the hairloss stops and is good for a few months I will go back to the acute phase to lose the remainder. I am taking the omega 3 as well as biotin, CQ10 and one other vitamin that was suggested and nothing is helping it just keeps getting worse. I am personally a BIG proponant of listening to my body and I am seeing this as my body screaming at me to STOP doing what I am doing to it. Everyone has to make their own decisions about what does and doesn't work for them and what they can or cannot handle and it has come to the point where I have to say enough is enough. I want to lose the weight, but I want to be healthy in the process. I know Medi says this is a temporary thing, but this is coming from men who aren't pulling out wads of hair in the shower as well as all day long. In the end, it IS a business for them and they don't have to live w/ the consequences. Anyway....off my soapbox now. I will let you know what the doc says next wk. Good luck, SCgirl
Ask your clinic about taking vitamin D for hairloss. Here is a link that talks about it, but if you goggle "vitamin D" for hairloss you will find quite a few articles.

D - The Essential Hair Loss Vitamin
Old 05-04-2010, 03:01 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
So sorry about the hair loss - I can't blame you for taking a break. That sounds so miserable. Just be careful when you quit and keep coming here for support!!! You've done sooo well so far and you've been an inspiration to me!

LOVE the Today show clip, Jerry! You are a true class act and a total hotty!!! So what's Kathy Lee like in real life?

Yesterday was our wedding anniversary and I successfully ordered Medi compliant foods that were so so good! Also passed on the dessert when my husband devoured one. It really wasn't difficult and I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything at all!

My husband has always dropped hints that he likes me in dresses but I just don't like my legs - or arms for that matter so strapless is a big no no. Anyway, I surprised him with the dress I wore and he seriously almost passed out from shock. He turned bright red and had a huge smile on his face! I'll share the before and after so you can see!

Oh and I weighed in this morning and lost a total of 6 lbs in the last 2 weeks! I'm now 10 pounds from goal!!! I'm hoping to get to a size 4 because I seriously have NEVER been a size 4. I don't even know if my bones can fit into that size but we will try! lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before.jpg (40.7 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg after.jpg (21.6 KB, 43 views)

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!
Old 05-04-2010, 03:34 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Eptexy ~ You look wonderful!!! Your legs and arms look great from here! Congratulations!
Old 05-04-2010, 05:33 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Eptexy - Tweet twoo!!
Old 05-04-2010, 05:33 PM   #43
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bb0325
Stats: 5' 2.5" 240/225/125
WOE: MWLC
Start Date: 01/14/2010; restart 08/24/2012
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined Gemini View Post
I'm feeling a little better today but still nauseous and stomach pains. I'm not sure if I should make my appointment today since I know I haven't lose anything. Maybe just to get the shots. Any ideas/suggestions?

On a different note, anyone still experiencing hair loss? I have long thick hair but it's just falling off. My mom helped clean my house this weekend and was socked to see all the hair she swept up. She's worry something worse is going on with me. I did explain to her about the side affect of the MWL treatment but not sure I convinced her. I'm taking the Biotins, anything else I should be taking?
Hello,

I had a ton of hair loss from the beginning. What I did in the second week was invest in prenatal vit, biotin 5000 mcg, Omega3-6-9, and on top of that some CVS version of womens rogaine. My hair is actually in better shape now with the new growth at the roots. I really need to post a before picture and current so we can see the difference. My part line was so prominent in the beginning stages of the weight loss. Now it is not that bad. Then again I have been on the supplements along with the rogaine for 14 weeks.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:41 PM   #44
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bb0325
Stats: 5' 2.5" 240/225/125
WOE: MWLC
Start Date: 01/14/2010; restart 08/24/2012
On another note, I am in the process of changing employers and will be unable to weigh in this week due to orientation. Going back into the entertainment part is really exciting to me, because I haven't dealt cards or dice in over seven years. When I was heavier I was shot down because I was unable to get across a craps layout to pick up bets. Now I can actually reach with no problem. WooooHooo, that is one of my non scale victories. I will be going to the clinic next Tuesday for weigh in.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:58 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 38:5'5 256.6/228.4/125
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 12/29/09 RI 12/10/10 RII 06/01/11 RIII10/08/12
Quote:
SCgirl I too have been thinking of stopping since honestly for me losing weight at the cost of losing my hair is not worth it. Even my grandmother notice the hair loos and got very concern. Before I was only able to wrap a pony tail band once because my hair was too thick but now I'm able to wrap it three times. Please do let me know what the doctor's tells you. I will talk to them too next week. And thank you
Old 05-04-2010, 08:07 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Erin - You look so sexy! Love the strapless dress, the heels, the whole look! Wow! I've lost 30 lbs and I don't look that hot yet....I still need to get the next 20 off and your photo was good incentive, girl! What have you been doing for exercise? The before and after photos says it all. So happy for you, and your husband! Happy Anniversary

Determined Gemini and SCgirl - here are the supplements I take 1 of these every AM:
Member's Mark "Fish, Flaxseed, Borage, Safflower Complex/1200mg softgel" (has Omega 3,6,9)
Nature Made "Liquid softgel Multi for her 50+ w/calcium"
Finest "CoQ-10 softgel"
Kroger "2000 I.U. Vit D softgel"
Usually also take a vit B + C tablet also
and 1 calcium chew (it's my pretend tootsie roll daily!)

I also take 1 to 2 of the Medi Fat Burner tablets daily and 1 to 2 of the appetite suppressants. Also take my Lipitor 10 mg and Atenolol 25 mg daily.

I'm concerned that perhaps you need to have your thyroid checked. Your metabolism has changed with your weight loss and possibly with exercise, but now I think it's important to have a T3, T4, TSH checked.

Last edited by Fit2010; 05-04-2010 at 08:11 PM..
Old 05-05-2010, 08:45 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
Start Date: 1/23/2009
Thanks everyone! Had a blast in NYC! I have been getting TONS of facebook requests and hits on my blog from the interview! Attached a few pix of my NBC stay. It was surreal!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Joy2.jpg (40.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Joy.jpg (22.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg MattnI.jpg (41.2 KB, 18 views)
Old 05-05-2010, 09:14 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Awesome Jerry! You are an inspiration!

Week 4 weighin today with a loss of -3lbs, for a total of -15.6lbs in 1 month! I am thrilled. I have about -25lbs to go. I know I can do this. Overall this is a easy diet. I get tired of the same foods from time to time (and usually look for a new recipe), and every once in awhile I cravy (and deny) something, but for the most part, I don't struggle with it. I can totally see this as my way of life now, and I don't miss the old WOE.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:49 AM   #49
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: julesrnc
Stats: 5'6" 190/174/140
Start Date: 4/25/10
All of the losses here are FANTASTIC!! Keep up the great efforts everyone. You really inspire me. I'm going for my 1st official weigh in tomorrow. It will actually be 10 days since I started the WOE 3 days before my appointment. I'm so excited! Wish me luck. Jules
Old 05-05-2010, 12:33 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, Ladies! As for exercise, at first I was walking fast on the treadmill 4 days a week and doing circuit training. Then yoga twice a week. Then... life got in the way. DH's mother starts chemo this week and is primary caregiver for his grandmother so I'm kind of doing double duty since I'm the only one who can pretty much drop everything and go. I don't think I've ever been so busy! It's a miracle that I'm consistent with my WOE!

Speaking of miracles, I am eating miracle noodles for the first time right now and I am highly impressed! I was terrified of trying them but decided to give it a go and these will be a fantastic option! I think it's all in the preparation. There's no fishiness at all if you REALLY rinse very well. I also used a teflon skilled and dried them out on that until I didn't see any water left in the pan. The texture is just fine. Firm but not rubber bandy at all. I got the angel hair variety and am eating it with low fat / low sugar tomato sauce, a tablespoon of real grated parm, and a few pepperonis. 60 calorie lunch!
Old 05-05-2010, 01:32 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

WOW! Awesome pic Erin!
Old 05-05-2010, 07:12 PM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dreamtrue
Stats: 322/177/145
WOE: WLS/VSG
Start Date: 12/19/2011
I think I may join you guys for May. I went to a Medi WeightLoss Center last year. Unfortunately, I am at the exact same weight as when I went to that center one year later. It sucks. I remember the first week you are supposed to only take in 500 cals of protein a day, but the what are the veggie requirements for the following weeks? I can't remember and I think I threw my paper work away.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:27 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Jerry!

Ok, confession time. I have been STRESSED to the max with family issues and Medi has to wean me off my AS! UGH!!!! This afternoon, I felt that shaky ravenous feeling I used to get before Medi. Basically, it felt like the old me was back. I stayed within my calorie range and I ate all medi foods but I was not in control this afternoon at all. I ate just a bunch of little things quickly if that makes sense. I'm worried about fighting off that kind of hunger again without the appetite suppressant. I don't know if it was hormones or what but it's bad timing to not have my AS for sure. I got that Stay Slim stuff but they said it will take 9 days to get into my system to take the edge off. NINE DAYS?!
Old 05-05-2010, 07:55 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Erin ~

I am weaning off of the AS this week too.

Today was my first day completely without them. It has been tough, but I survived! I didn't realize how much they took the edge off of my hunger.

I drank a gallon of Powerade Zero, a pitcher of Crystal Light in addition to my gallon of water trying to keep myself from snacking too much. I had shirataki noodles for dinner today for the first time since I started Medi. They were filling, as was the EAS shake I had blended with 2 cups of ice, a packet of instant coffee, a splash of DaVinci sugar free french vanilla syrup, and 2 teaspoons of xanthan. Not a bad way to "spend" 110 calories. It made a blender full! I didn't get the Stay Slim last week, but I will get them at my next visit to the clinic on Monday. Let us know how they are working for you over the next couple of days.

Keep up the great work!!!
Suzanna
Old 05-05-2010, 09:48 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Great advice!! I will up my liquid and really chooses wisely tomorrow. I don't know how some of you do it without the AS!
Old 05-06-2010, 06:40 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamtrue View Post
I think I may join you guys for May. I went to a Medi WeightLoss Center last year. Unfortunately, I am at the exact same weight as when I went to that center one year later. It sucks. I remember the first week you are supposed to only take in 500 cals of protein a day, but the what are the veggie requirements for the following weeks? I can't remember and I think I threw my paper work away.
Welcome back! When is your first appointment? I'm sure they will welcome you back with open arms! I think that answer about the veggies, may be different for everyone! For me, I had to stay below 25 carbs a day for my fruit and veggies.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:52 AM   #57
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: julesrnc
Stats: 5'6" 190/174/140
Start Date: 4/25/10
I just returned from my week one appointment and am down 10 lbs. I am so thrilled!!!
Old 05-06-2010, 11:40 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Just a note here. When I was within 30 pounds of goal, I began weaning myself off of the AS. I knew that for me, this was the wisest course of action. My clinic was with me all the way. I began with the easiest to delete, the morning one. Then the afternoon. The last to go was the late afternoon one,because for me the late afternoon is the hardest time for me. Still is, I just push the liquids and make good choices. And do not eat ANYTHING after 8pm at night. NOTHING! I am doing a thousand times better with late afternoon and evening since beginning the program, but I will tell you this. It is still a day by day thing. Remember that food is a true addiction and day by day is how it goes.

Maintaining the weight loss is a definite work in progress. Losing the weight was a picnic compared to maintaining. I am continually looking and checking ingredients to make sure my choices are the right ones. I am much better at that now too.

And EXERCISE is my main ingredient for success. Those 4-6 miles daily make all the difference in the world. Sets the tone for the day.
And yes, I walk in the morning. EVERY morning.

So hang in there, you CAN DO THIS.

Jo
Old 05-06-2010, 11:49 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Losing is a picnic compared to maintaining? Crud!! I was really hoping it would get easier. Not that it's hard, but I do really have an addiction I'm trying to conquer and it will forever be a struggle. I am not on the appetite suppressants so I'm thankful I will not have to wean off of them, but I will still have the daily struggle with right choices for the rest of my life. Thanks, Jo, for this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
Maintaining the weight loss is a definite work in progress. Losing the weight was a picnic compared to maintaining. I am continually looking and checking ingredients to make sure my choices are the right ones. I am much better at that now too.

So hang in there, you CAN DO THIS.

Jo
Old 05-06-2010, 11:51 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Not feeling it today. My stress level has been through the roof today. My TOM is here so that doesn't help. After picking up my middle child from preschool my car broke down, and we (my 2 small kids) were stuck in the car for 30 minutes waiting for him. It's 90 degrees outside today so I was HOT. We finally grabbed some lunch and got the car towed. My kids are now down for a late nap, and a friend is bringing my oldest home from school.

We have a "fancy" board dinner with my dh work that I am not looking forward too. My father-n-law comes to visit tomorrow. Plus mother's day on Sunday, a baby shower at my house next week, a work BBQ at our house next weekend, and my mom's big birthday party at our house the weekend after that. So I have all the planning to get ready for all those events. Needless to day my stress is through the roof today.

I don't do well under stress so I could use some words of encouragment. So far today I have been fine, but it's very hard to not eat for comfort, even thought I don't have "junk" in the house. I really want to go run but that's just not in the cards for today!
Closed Thread