Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 06:08 PM   #271
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KTeacherNC
Stats: 226.6/205.2/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 2010
Well, it was my 5th weigh in! Down 19 lbs! I have a birthday on June 12th and all I want for my birthday is to see at 1 at the beginning of my weight. 7.6 lbs. in the next 16 days...what do you guys think? Doable?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2010, 05:11 AM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
well i feel like garbage.

IDK what got into me last night. I woke up at like 1130 and went to the fridge, kind of like in a trance... I remember I took a cheese stick and dipped it in hummus (I was staying over my parents house...) and ate some hummus with a spoon. I feel like GARBAGE today. Im doing 500 cals of pure protein today and maybe tomorrow. AND I bought BRAND NEW ketostix last night, woke up this mroning, and they were already yellow. they werent even in the bathroom! Im gonna try to exchange them....

Im so nauseous. Its habits like that that got me fat in the first place. I cant keep doing that sh*t if I want the weight to keep coming off. Its like Im not fully awake but Im not exactly sleepwalking. I NEED to get back on track this weekend. Ugh. So pissed right now.

Anywho, something good, I picked up a small pill case. been looking for one for a while that wasnt huge. I do my AM pills on one side, my PM and afternoon pill on the other side. When I take my AM pills (the most) I jut move over the fat burner to the other side. All thats left is my perscription which I never forget to take... now I dont feel like a walking pharmacy!

Did they give any of you guys those pill holding keychains? Those are a joke, I can fit like 2 pills in there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg messagepart.jpg (58.4 KB, 4 views)

Mini Goal - 130 by 10/30
Ultimate Goal - 120 by the end of the year.

Last edited by Ortal; 05-28-2010 at 05:26 AM.. Reason: adding stuff...
Old 05-28-2010, 07:13 AM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Ease up on yourself Ortal; geez, you've lost like 20 lbs in a month and that is fantastic!!!!.....and be sure to drink LOTS of water and electrolyte water. Maybe you're just really thirsty instead of hungry? Your body needs a little time to adjust, and you're changing your metabolism due to calories in and out differences. Be kind to yourself...THAT's what's made you go up the scales perhaps, anger?
Old 05-28-2010, 08:54 AM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom on a mission
Stats: Ht 5' 7" 247/156.4/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 2, 2010
Ortal- I feel for you!! One of my worst habits and what got me into the predicament I was in, was overrating at night. I have nightmares about falling back into those bad habits! However, these set backs happen. The best part about it though is that you recognized the behavior as being unhealthy now. I'm a firm believer in moving forward and learning from your mistakes. Pick yourself up and move on. Eating perfectly on plan ALL the time is not always a reality. I agree w. Debbie, ease up on yourself a bit you're doing fantastic so far!!!!!

I had my weigh in this am... Down -2lbs. I'm closing in on ny goal. Only 7lbs more to go I'd actually consider going lower than 160, but everyone around me is like "NOOOOO". I think they're just freaked out by the difference in my appearance in such a short period of time. I think I could lose more than that, but we'll see. Maybe they see me differently than I see myself. I want to look fit & healthy, not skinny!

Have a great weekend all

REACHED GOAL WEIGHT ON 06/24/10
Total Loss: -90.6 lbs

Wellness...
Old 05-28-2010, 09:43 AM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I hate hormones. This WOE is so easy 24 days out of the month....lol I have stopped thinking about food, and I really don't struggle at all with eatting too much or snacking ect... UNTIL my TOM is approaching. And then all of a sudden I want to eat everything in sight. I know it's all in my head. I'm not hungry, at all. But it's still totally frustrating. I am not giving it, and I haven't except for a few very minor things (I had 3 M &M's). But it's still just annoying. When I am in maintance and no longer on an AS, I am going to have to learn to deal with this stuff more and more and it just has me a little worried. I refuse to gain my weight back.

On my week 8 paper they suggested a few books that seemed to be about this topic of mindless eatting, so I got in my local library website and requested a copy of the 3 that they had. I am hoping reading up on the subject may give me some help on how to overcome it.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:52 AM   #276
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: julesrnc
Stats: 5'6" 190/174/140
Start Date: 4/25/10
I just got back from my weigh in. It had been 10 days because I travelled last weekend to a memorial service. That was difficult but I did okay. I lost a total of 1 lb, but was -3 in fat mass. I am very pleased with this result. I seem to be retaining water despite my watching sodium, drinking at least 100 oz H2O daily, any other suggestions??? I may be stress. I have been under a terrible strain about work these last 2 weeks.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:29 AM   #277
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Azurro
Stats: 229.2/193.8/160
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 2010
Hi all--
Went in for my 3rd weigh in and Im down 3.6 this week for a total of 18.6. I still cant believe it. I am worried about this weekend.. I have a party and BBQ on Fri, Sat Sun and Mon...Im worried about making it through the weekend!!
Old 05-28-2010, 10:54 AM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

Jules - nursing can be rough and not alot of time for taking care of ourselves on the job....going on adrenaline produces cortisol which causes inflammation and hunger. You can look that up in nursing journals (nurse educator in me!) You've lost 13 lbs in a month...that's really good, especially considering traveling and stress. I'm learning about self-care of myself right now too....as nurses we've so often put EVERYONE before ourselves, then as moms, employees, etc. Nursing theorist Pender discussed the role of values in health promotion and said knowing personal values is important. As nurses we're exposed to conflicts in values due to workplaces, moral dilemmas patients and families are in, etc and then we can take some of that home. How do WE cope? I'm reassessing my coping nowadays. Thus, my message at the bottom of my signature. I've internalized more than I needed to and really didn't take care of myself. "Our values influence choices and behavior whether or not we are conscious that the values are guiding the choices. Values may be expressed overtly, as espoused behaviors or verbalized standards, or they may manifest in an indirect way through verbal and nonverbal behavior" (Burkhardt & Nathaniel, 2008, Ethics & Issues in Contemporary Nursing--my grad school textbook!)

Lins - Since TOM can trigger wanting some chocolate (which stimulates soothing serotonin), how about trying the brand Pure Protein chocolate protein bars? Just a thought, and would count as protein/snack/lunch/etc if need be?
Old 05-28-2010, 12:37 PM   #279
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the encouragement. I know nursing is a stressful career, even when we love it. And I did not get my excercise in this week due to being out of town. This WOE does work, I did South Beach a couple of years ago and lost 5 pounds in one month. Thanks for reminding me, Moxie.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:43 PM   #280
Junior LCF Member

Has anyone tried the Miracle Noodles orzo. It is very small, more like rice. I was wondering if I should try to get really dry. I have rinsed it and there is no longer any smell. I removed the water with paper towel. It is still quite sticky. What do you think?
Old 05-28-2010, 06:01 PM   #281
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Not a good day.

I was just plain hungry this afternoon. I mean my stomach seriously would not stop growling. So I ate and then ate more. Then I wasn't hungry anymore but then I ate again. I had nearly 1200 calories today (most of that in the afternoon/evening) and I'm incredibly bloated now not to mention totally disappointed in myself. Sometimes I get so annoyed knowing I will always struggle with this. How do you work through this? Willpower just sometimes is not enough. I'm starting to think I'm ready for maintenance just so I can relax a bit. But then I'm terrified of gaining it all back!

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!
Old 05-28-2010, 06:18 PM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Erin are you taking an AS? I would suggest talking to your clinic. You shouldn't be that hungry and still be on an AS. If you aren't on an AS anymore, could they put you back on it for awhile?

I do think that everyone has their "happy weight". It's the weight there body feels comfortable at without too much effort. I don't mean eatting lots of junk food. I just mean eatting a normal 1200-1400 calorie diet and getting moderate excersise daily. Maybe your body is there. Or maybe you just need to maintain for a few weeks, and then jump start yourself by going into week one again. I really don't know, so that's why I say talk to your clinic. Get their recommendation. I am sure you are not alone in this frustration.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:40 PM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
Start Date: 2/10/10
Erin, you're not going to gain it all back. I had a horrible day today myself. Horrible. I ended with about 1,000 calories and am chomping on a piece of gum just to keep my jaws busy. I started a little different work schedule today so didn't have lunch until later. I think that just threw off my whole day because I ate more for lunch than I normally do and it just gained momentum from there.

Yes, sadly, this IS something we're going to have to deal with for the rest of our lives, but we're almost to goal. You know that some days are easier and others are harder. Perhaps tomorrow or the next day will be one of your easier days. Where the food intake is lower, better, healthier and not so "needed" and perhaps your workout will be better, harder, longer.

I wish I had words for all of us - ANY of us!! It's a struggle. It's a true addiction and we'll truthfully probably have food issues for the rest of our lives. I'm hoping for long term success for each and every one of us - even if we do have our down days.

Sexy eptexy, keep smiling!
Old 05-29-2010, 06:44 AM   #284
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
Start Date: 4/26/2010
hey... thanks for the kind words...didnt mean to be so down on myself i just KNOW i used to do that at night all the time and I hate feeling out of control. I just have totry my best not todo itanymore and if I do account for it the next day.

How was everyones friday night? I did... nothing
Old 05-29-2010, 07:03 AM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Lins & Lea. Your words truly helped. I woke up feeling so swollen and nauseated. That'll teach me!

I'm not on the AS anymore technically but I found some leftovers and took them several days last week when I did all protein. Yesterday I didn't take it and I think I struggled because of it. I am just desperate to get to my goal of 125 and I have about 10 pounds more. It's getting very frustrating and the more I think about it, the more I think I'm just going to stay where I am weight-wise and just concentrate on toning up. I feel good at a size 6 and I think it will be a true struggle to be smaller and maintain it. The clinic has told me from the beginning that 125 would be borderline too thin for me and my age (38). Plus judging by the size of my wrist, I have a large frame.

Losing weight quickly really messes with a woman's mind, I think. It's exhilarating but it also brings out all kinds of other emotions and battles.

Last edited by eptexy; 05-29-2010 at 07:04 AM..
Old 05-29-2010, 07:05 AM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
Sexy eptexy, keep smiling!
This is great!!

You keep your chin up as well! I think the last pounds are becoming the absolute most difficult. Why is that???
Old 05-29-2010, 08:18 AM   #287
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/162.5/149 5'8" 38 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinic
Erin ~ Eating 1200 calories yesterday really wasn't bad! That is still probably far below your BMR. I know that "out of control" hungry feeling is really uncomfortable, but because you aren't on the AS anymore, I would think it would be very difficult to stay in the 500-700 calorie range. Cut yourself a little slack!

I am up to around 1600 calories a day, which makes me nervous, but every morning I weigh in and am the same or a little down (as long as I haven't overdone the salt the day before!) Have faith that it will work. Take it easy on yourself; you are doing great!
Old 05-29-2010, 08:36 AM   #288
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sshals
Stats: 5'4" 264/192/132
Start Date: 02/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
Plus judging by the size of my wrist, I have a large frame.
The whole frame size thing is interesting to me. Being the weight I am, my wrists.. well.. they are fat. So, I'm not sure how reflective my wrist measurement is of my frame size. I recently read a thread on the general board regarding this and found out there is another method for measuring. The instructions below are from eHow.

---------------------------

The Elbow Breadth measuring method helps determine your body frame size. When determining your ideal weight range, it's important to know your frame size- are you small, medium, or large-boned? While the wrist measuring method is easiest, the elbow breadth measuring method is a little trickier, but often more accurate.
  1. Hold your arm straight in front of you, and then raise it to a 90 degree angle (to make a backward L shape).
  2. Identify the two bones belonging to your elbow joint. Turn your arm so that your palm faces to your right. There should be an upper bone and a lower bone at the joint of your elbow.
  3. Using calipers or your thumb and forefinger (calipers are often more accurate), touch both joints, remove the calipers or your and immediately measure the space between on top of a ruler or tape measure. Write this number down.
  4. Use the chart below to determine your body frame size. This chart includes the measurements for a medium sized frame. If your measurement is under the inches below for your height, then you have a small frame. If your measurement is over the inches listed below for your height, than you have a large frame.

Height: Under 5' 2": Elbow breadth: 2.25" - 2.5" = medium frame
Height: 5' 3" to 5' 10": Elbow breadth: 2.375" - 2.625" = medium frame
Height: 5' 11" and up: Elbow breadth: 2.5" - 2.75" = medium frame
Old 05-29-2010, 09:12 AM   #289
Senior LCF Member

I'm having a much better day today. I already got my workout in, including arms and abs. I'm getting ready to clean the house and start laundry. I'm committed to staying within my calorie total today.

Suzanna, WOW!!! You are doing great! 1,600 calories a day? That sounds like a lot but nothing compared to what I used to eat. How long have you been in maintenance? I'm really interested in your numbers because our stats are similar. I'm pretty sure I'm going to change my goal weight to 150 and I'd LOVE to sneak into the 140's! I love your numbers!!
Old 05-29-2010, 09:33 AM   #290
Senior LCF Member

Thank you so much for the info on frame size. I guess I have a medium frame then based on that info. By the way, who is Hamwi? He says I should weigh 120. 100 lbs for 5' and 5 pounds per inch after? Grrr
Old 05-29-2010, 09:37 AM   #291
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanna1 View Post
Erin ~ Eating 1200 calories yesterday really wasn't bad! That is still probably far below your BMR. I know that "out of control" hungry feeling is really uncomfortable, but because you aren't on the AS anymore, I would think it would be very difficult to stay in the 500-700 calorie range. Cut yourself a little slack!

I am up to around 1600 calories a day, which makes me nervous, but every morning I weigh in and am the same or a little down (as long as I haven't overdone the salt the day before!) Have faith that it will work. Take it easy on yourself; you are doing great!
Whoa! 1600! That does seem like a ton! I have a feeling my metabolism is pretty slow. I was up 1 1/2 lbs but I'm sure it was sodium. I didn't eat anything carby either but I'm out of ketosis.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:09 PM   #292
Major LCF Poster!

Erin, I think 130 (what I have listed) would be too low for me to maintain....The clinic thinks 135 would be a good goal weight. Even thinking of that, I'm just 17 lbs from 135 since I've been 152.2 for the past 2 days. We'll see what happens after spending the weekend away with family....My sister in law hasn't said anything yet (though I'm 38 lbs lighter than last she saw me and we're always sparring and c/o not keeping on goal, and occasionally have lost 20 lbs only to regain it. I know she's noticing but I don't want to talk about it unless she brings it up. I mentioned 5 months ago that I was restarting Medi...at the time she was going to look into the HCG shots and I'm glad she didn't do it, I just don't know that we should be messing with hormones like that, especially after already starting menopause).

You're right, Erin, it does mess with the mind/emotions thinking of really being at goal!

Thankfully the plan is steak, salad, garlic bread, new potatoes, and corn for dinner....I think you can tell what I'll be focusing on. I want to turn in good weight loss #'s for May!! Hope you ALL have a wonderful weekend

Last edited by Fit2010; 05-29-2010 at 03:12 PM..
Old 05-30-2010, 07:01 AM   #293
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: txntv
Stats: 5'5" 169.5/131/140
Start Date: March 25, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
I do think that everyone has their "happy weight". It's the weight there body feels comfortable at without too much effort.
That's what I am trying to figure out -- what's my happy weight? I don't care to go in the 120s at all as I know that's very hard for me to maintain even though I was only there for a short time in high school.

Anyway, I've been on the diet for 9 weeks and in the last couple weeks, I've had stomachaches and diarrhea -- very unusual for me. I can't say it's the pills -- after all, I've been on it this long without problems. I've been consistent about eating the same kinds of food. First, I thought it was the spinach the clinic said to add, but I stopped eating it to see if that was the cause. Looks like it isn't.
July: -2.5
Beyond: -5
Total loss: 38

Wellness...
Old 05-30-2010, 08:09 AM   #294
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sshals
Stats: 5'4" 264/192/132
Start Date: 02/2010
Okay - so it would appear that I have two problems. Or at least two problems that you all might be able to help with

First, a lot of people have started commenting on how great I look. I am grateful that I have so many people that want to celebrate my success thus far. However, I still have quite a few pounds to lose so rather than being encouraging, it is actually a bit distracting. I think it's because it is creating pressure to keep doing well. It was fine when no one really knew what I was doing. I was free to succeed or fail in quiet. But now everyone knows and some people see me as a source of motivation or a kind of weight loss role model. I feel like I still have a lot to overcome before I am ready to take on that kind of responsibility. I never thought I would be asking this, but how do you all deal with the pressure of success?

Second, my husband and I are part of several community service organizations. One in particular loves to have social events - and they love to eat (and drink). Except for the black tie events, meals are always a potluck buffet. I can always find one or two things that I can eat, but the problem is that I end up feeling like I am missing out. I think it's something about the buffet style that triggers it. It makes me feel dissatisfied in a way that I had never felt on this program. I know it is emotional dissatisfaction, but I really have no idea what it stems from or what to do about it. Any thoughts?
Old 05-30-2010, 10:00 AM   #295
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
Start Date: 2/26/09
Hiya Sshals-

I know I don't post much but I do keep up with y'all!!!
I resembled that remark () about being a role model!!! I lost over 100lbs in 26 wks on MWL and soooooo many people noticed rather quickly that I was losing weight rather quickly They all asked what I was doing,how was I losing so fast and then all stated how good I looked :blush: BUT I didn't let that deter from my goal, which was to get down to a "healthy" weight and size!!!
When I got nearer to my goal, I had so many people say "You're not going to lose anymore are you?" Well, for me to be within a "normal" range for my height 5'3"-I had to get down to 120-odd lbs-Like that was going to happen I chose my goal to be 140lbs cuz that's where I remembered feeling the best-yep I've done the lose all the weight and gain it right back thing :blush: BUT-when I did my "final" weigh-in before maintenance, I was down to 135.7lbs-which is below my goal weight!! Apparently, my body decided it liked being in the 130s because that is where I stay now.
I'm no longer going to MWL for maintenance and haven't since December of last yr and I'm still in the 130s-MWL is my way of life. I still eat more protein and veggies than I do carbs because I KNOW that carbs are my nemesis!!
They made me gain weight no matter how little I ate of them!! My motivation to keep off this weight is my co-workers and my hubby I have 5 ppl at work on MWL now because they've seen that I've kept the weight off for over 6mos now AND they see me eat somewhat normally now
Anyways...I digress. Let people use you as a role model,fell proud of how well you're doing, and keep your eyes on the prize-GOAL!!!!!! You'll be so much happier if you do!!!

cindy
Old 05-30-2010, 11:09 AM   #296
Senior LCF Member

My weight loss motto is "I'm doing this for me". And I just have to remind myself of that all the time. I am not doing this for my husband, my kids, my family, my friends, I am doing this for me. Hopefully I am teaching my kids healthy eatting, my husband enjoys the healthier skinnier me, and my friends are excited for me, but I'm not doing it for any of those reason I am doing it for me. So even though I too get the "you are my role model" comments, I just don't think twice about it, because it doesn't matter. I am doing this for me. So that I can be healthier, and live a long life.

That also applies to feeling deprived of food. I am doing this for me, and although other foods look good, and I enjoy eatting them, that doesn't help me get to my goal, so I have no problem skipping over the foods 99% of the time now. Actually people have commented about me having good will power for skipping the desserts or whatever and I just say, "those things don't make me healthy and I want to be the best possible me".

You just have to find within yourself the reason you want to lose weight. Make a list of all the things that will be better once you lose the weight (can hike with your family, can wear a cute swimming suit, can run.....) whatever it is. And then just strive for those goals, and ignore the food around you. They won't get you to where you want to be.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:44 PM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Hello people..time for me to say a few words yet again.

MINDSET, COMMITMENT, MAJOR LIFESTYLE CHANGE.

Your mindset MUST change. You MUST make the commitment to yourself for a healthier you, and you MUST make this major lifestyle change if you expect to be successful.

I have read way too many situations where "cheating" is just another normal thing to do when things get hard. Well, I am here to tell you this lifestyle change you have embarked upon is just that - a lifestyle change. You must learn to look at food as fuel to help your body function. Food is quite simply an addiction for some people, as surely as smoking, drugs, sex and other addictive behaviors. You need to learn that some things just are not going to be included in your food plan anymore. And that is a decision you must make for yourself. This program is NOT a magic bullet, or a quick fix, or a way to get ready for bathing suit season. You are making a commitment to yourself for a better healthier life.

Food is not your comfort, it is your denial mechanism. No one is perfect and slips are a fact of life, but you can really work at facing your addiction and your dependence upon food and find a way of dealing with your demons without food. You have to face what it is that makes you want to eat, as it surely cannot be hunger.

This program is not easy, and I see some incredible examples of people working the program daily with great success. There are several of us who all began around the same time who are successfully working maintenance. I see some people working the program now just as hard as we did, but I see far more who are calling it a diet - which is something that is transitory - something to get over with and out of the way. This program will become your way of life. You will not be deprived, you will really learn how to work through issues that cause you to believe you must eat something NOW. The key is commitment, and you will not be truly successful without it.

Exercise is a component of that commitment. There surely are a lot reasons and excuses I see in here, and I also see people who work so hard and exercise as they should. I wish everyone would commit and be successful, but realistically I do not see this happening. I have watched a lot of people rush in and then just as quickly fall away. This program is hard but it most definitely is the one that works. It gives you the tools you need to be successful. All you have to do is reach out, and take them and make them yours.

Again, I am not trying to be mean or hurtful, although some may take it that way. I simply hope that people wake up and smell the roses. Take this opportunity to get your life and your weight under control. And, as I have said before: this is YOUR life, YOUR choice, YOUR money. YOU can DO this.

Jo
Old 05-30-2010, 05:23 PM   #298
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Jo for the words that I know come from your heart. I am starting to feel at peace with my WOE. I no longer feel like I am missing out on food. For example my parents took my children out for ice cream yesterday because they got good grades in school. While I was there I had no desire to eat the ice cream. And ice cream is a food that I use to love and eat way too much of. But I am now able to see food like you said as fuel for my body. And ice cream will not fuel my body or make me healthy so I no longer desire to eat those foods. I know there will be hard days (typically hormonal), but I also know in my heart that I can be successful. And this is something is my new life, my new WOE eatting and I am at peace with that.

On another note, I got my run in tonight (I thought I was going to be rained out), and I went further and ran faster than I have been doing up to this point. I am right around week 6 of the C25K program, but I sometimes forget to take my Ipod so I just have a set distance that I know I am trying to achieve.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:04 PM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgern View Post
Hiya Sshals-

BUT-when I did my "final" weigh-in before maintenance, I was down to 135.7lbs-which is below my goal weight!! Apparently, my body decided it liked being in the 130s because that is where I stay now.
I'm no longer going to MWL for maintenance and haven't since December of last yr and I'm still in the 130s-MWL is my way of life. I still eat more protein and veggies than I do carbs because I KNOW that carbs are my nemesis!!
They made me gain weight no matter how little I ate of them!! My motivation to keep off this weight is my co-workers and my hubby I have 5 ppl at work on MWL now because they've seen that I've kept the weight off for over 6mos now AND they see me eat somewhat normally now

cindy
Wow. Another truly successful transition to a healthier, happier girl! I love all of this inspiration!!
Old 05-31-2010, 06:16 AM   #300
Major LCF Poster!

Ok - my sister in law wants to know how I'm losing it. She is considering this WOE too! I even bypassed ice cream the other day, and yesterday had my "allowed" sonic splurge (I like a Route 44 diet Sprite with easy ice and strawberries). That made me feel like I wasn't missing out. Had a hamburger bun yesterday and after a while took it off because I was missing out on the taste of my meat! I'm feeling so much better about the control I have with this WOE. I'm aware of what my body likes. It LIKES to feel healthy! Heading out for another 4 mile walk soon.

Thanks Jo and Cindy for your examples and commitment to us here. We are all working on being overcomers!
Closed Thread