Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2010, 05:32 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: elanzer
Stats: 150/141/130
WOE: Medi Weighloss Clinics
Start Date: March 2010
A Female question...

I've been on the diet about six weeks now. I've been holding steady at a ten pound weight loss. However, the past two months, I've been spotting a week before my period is due. I've always been very regular, even before going on the pill, which I am now. Is it the diet that is effecting my cycle? Is it the weight loss? Anyone else having this issue? Will it subside or could this be a sign that maybe this diet isn't the best one for me? (I woke up with a nose bleed this morning, too!) Any opinions????

Also, is it possible that my body is meant to be at this weight? I can't seem to get below 140 no matter what I do. I work out like a fiend, watch my calories and carbs, and I just can't get under that weight. Thoughts?

Last edited by elanzer; 05-01-2010 at 05:34 AM..
elanzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2010, 09:20 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/162.5/149 5'8" 38 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinic
Elanzer ~ I have been experiencing spotting as well over the past few weeks. I would ask to talk to the doctor at your next visit and call the clinic about the nose bleed.

This topic was discussed on another thread also... Question for the women

I was working out like a fiend before I started Medi and the scale didn't move. During the past 5 weeks, I have only been walking or on the elliptical 30 minutes, 3x a week and my weight has been dropping consistently. I went into maintenance last week & am still losing. Maybe try taking it a little easier with the exercise?
suzanna1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:31 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: elanzer
Stats: 150/141/130
WOE: Medi Weighloss Clinics
Start Date: March 2010
Thanks for responding! And yes, after I posted, I found the other thread. Good to know it's not just me. What an annoying side effect! It's like having a period for two weeks! Blech.

Interesting theory about cutting back on the workouts. I've actually started working out twice a day a few times a week! (I do tend to be a little obsessive.) My clinic up'ed my calories to 700 a day because of how much I work out. Maybe I should up them more? I've had cynics tell me my body is going into starvation mode, and that's why I'm not losing. I don't know. It's just the last ten pounds! Ugh!
elanzer is offline   Reply With Quote