Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2010, 09:28 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bb0325
Stats: 5' 2.5" 240/225/125
WOE: MWLC
Start Date: 01/14/2010; restart 08/24/2012
Jealousy

I just need suggestions on how to handle this situation. One of my so called friends had given me some clothing that I no longer fit into. Over the past week I cleaned out my closet to rid of the bigger clothing. I contacted her and asked her:
would like to take the clothes back you had given me and give them to someone else or would you like me to donate them? I tried on the capris and really cute dress you had given me and they are loose.

She then tells me:
you probably didn't mean it in an offensive way but I take it that way. Why would you want me if I'd want stuff back I give you? so what are you saying I am fat? Thanks do what you like, WOW. How weight can really change a person.

I called her and she will not return my calls or emails.

Also is anyone on the threads encountering people that you feel are trying to sabotage you? Am I the only one encountering this? Will there be more people being like this during the journey? It's just upsetting, I didn't mean to offend her. And why can't people just be happy that we are trying to live a healthier lifestyle?

For myself it has to do with my health being off met and hb pills, not my looks. My looks is just an added benefit to losing the weight.
bb0325 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2010, 10:42 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fatbgone72
First of all to you. Stuff like this really tugs at me. Because i know how you feel. I remember you posting when your friend actually gave you the clothes. I see you kept them. And it stills bothers you she even gave them to you in the first place. But your first reaction to this situation is the right reaction. Friendships come in seasons and maybe this relationship season has come to an end. It is just time to move on and make new friends. Life is hard enough w/o drama. My friend of 25 years just started rubbing me the wrong way about three years ago, being passive with her cheap shots. And one day the phone rang and it was her and I didn't pick up. And I haven't. And I won't until I'm ready. That was three years ago. As far as sabatoures, my husband is mine. And he has been from day one. I should have never told him i was going to lose weight and lower by blood pressure. I will not go into details about that situation, but when he brings candy in the house to tempt me it motivates me even more to stay on track. My mil tried to get me to eat some fried potatoes yesterday. Now I have lost almost 40 pounds mine you. And she tried to shove a nasty potatoe down my throat. I told her "NO". She was upset I could tell. But better her than me. But she is one of the kinds of people that if......you don't see things her way she attacks your character, your personality. She is 70 years old and still haven't learned the art of agreeing to disagree. I guess with age doesn't always come wisdom. I'm rambling. Good Luck and Good Night.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:38 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tonedbody
I could see how she might take your phone call the wrong way even if it wasn't your intention.

Unfortunately it is easiest to be modest and low key about your weight loss success.

She is also projecting big time, but oh well. When he answer your calls again tell her that it was not your intention to insult her. If she keeps being negative spend less time with her. Negative people can have a negative effect on your weightloss or maintaining your results
Tonedbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:56 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bb0325
Stats: 5' 2.5" 240/225/125
WOE: MWLC
Start Date: 01/14/2010; restart 08/24/2012
fatbgone72 You are so right "Life is hard enough w/o drama."
Tonedbody This is what I am going to be going by "Negative people can have a negative effect on your weightloss or maintaining your results"

I made a decision and will commit to it. This is a new lifestyle for me and I am realizing that there will be haters that were friends. There really isn't any need for me to be around negative people. I will let this go and move on. Two days worth of wasted energy and low calorie intake was not worth it, felt really weak this morning. Today will be a new day and a new way. Just wishing her the best of luck and if one day she wants to talk she'll know how to contact me.
bb0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:51 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cjbee
Stats: 216.6/179/150
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: mar 17 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb0325 View Post
fatbgone72 You are so right "Life is hard enough w/o drama."
Tonedbody This is what I am going to be going by "Negative people can have a negative effect on your weightloss or maintaining your results"

I made a decision and will commit to it. This is a new lifestyle for me and I am realizing that there will be haters that were friends. There really isn't any need for me to be around negative people. I will let this go and move on. Two days worth of wasted energy and low calorie intake was not worth it, felt really weak this morning. Today will be a new day and a new way. Just wishing her the best of luck and if one day she wants to talk she'll know how to contact me.
Hi girl! I disagree with being low key about your success. This is hard work and we deserve cudos. Anyone in my life who cares about me would not say something negative about it. They may not say anything at all-thats ok but This is about me and I can be proud of it! I dont want people in my life who are only happy when I am miserable. That being said your friend may be jeolous or you had a miscommunication or whatever. Your feelings were hurt and so were hers. Feelings are feelings-try listening to eachother and not judging -hey we all get jeolous-no one is perfect-doesn't make us bad people just had a bad moment. On the other hand if she is constantly not supportiive, you should probably set boundaries with her or detach with love.

CJ
cjbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:41 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 20, 2010
"Hey, there's birthday cake in the lounge."
"Thanks I appreciate it."
"Go have some!"
"That's ok, I really appreciate the offer though!"
"Oh come on! One little piece won't hurt!"

SonoRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:31 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonoRoo View Post
"Hey, there's birthday cake in the lounge."
"Thanks I appreciate it."
"Go have some!"
"That's ok, I really appreciate the offer though!"
"Oh come on! One little piece won't hurt!"

story of my life

to waitress in front of my coworkers: ill just have the soup please
but thats not a lot
really, im okay
why not just order the special it comes with soup
im not that hungry
seriously, its a better deal
just.soup.please.
Ortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:49 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
How's this?

Brother: "What can I get you to drink?"
Erin: "A diet coke would be fabulous!"
Brother: "Oh we are out of ice though."
Erin: "I don't mind."
Brother: "Man - I feel terrible. Want me to go to the store?"
Erin: "Nope! Seriously, I am happy with this!"
Brother: "Ugh - are you sure???"
Erin: "Yep - mmm tasty!"
Mother to the entire house: "Geez Erin, why don't you just drink a cold beer for crying out loud!!"
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:26 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sweedei
Stats: 194/156/140 (5'4")
WOE: Medi
Start Date: May 6, 2010
Yea- Here's another for ya!

Her: So, whats for dinner at your house tonight?

Me: I marinated chicken breast in herbs that I will grill for the hubby and probably some asparagus. I had tuna not so long ago and that will probably be it for me tonight. Not so hungry.

Her: That's right, I forgot you eat air-sandwiches now. What was I thinking!

Me: That's not true. I will eat some asparagus with my husband since I did not have a veggie earlier.

Her: I am going to talk to your husband about your eating habits because this concerns me.

Me: Thats fine. But I ate earlier because I was hungry. So, I ate 3 servings of tuna (3 oz of Albacore Tuna in the pack) and that was at 5:00 pm (it was around 7 pm when we had this discussion).

Her: Oh wow! So much tuna!!!
week 5: 177.8 (-3.4)
week 6: 176.4 (-1.4) & up 3 in body water
week 7: 172.6 (-3.8) Total -22#
Sweedei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:54 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Quote: