Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2010, 02:22 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NJOkee Dokee
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: Restart 7/24/12
Starting Over on Stay Slim Plan

Hi!

I was here when Medi was a brand new thread on this site. I did well, lost over 40lbs but managed to put it all back on. I am horribly depressed. I am eating non stop and basically lost all hope of ever gaining control of this.

Today I was in the vincinity of my medi clinic and it was like the car was on auto pilot and I wound up there. I walked in and told them that I needed help and asked if could I talk to some one. They took me right away.

Long story short, I am starting over, but because I am on such a high dose of anti depressants, we decided that I should go on the "stay slim" plan, where I can eat 600 - 800 calories. Tomorrow will be day one.

This is going to be a challenge, even as I am writing this I am stuffing my face because I know that tomorrow I am starting over.

Anyway- Sorry for rambling, it's just that I have never felt so hopeless in my life. I was so happy in my thinner body and LOVED dressing up in nice clothes, now I don't even want to leave the house. I am so embarrassed of the weight gain that I just isolate from everyone. I feel like a total failure, the only thing I am successful at is gaining weight. I hope that Medi can get me back on track. It worked once, I hope it will work again. I can lose weight, I just can't keep it off. I hope this time I get it under control for good.

"Remember love makes all pain cease, love turns your song of life into your Masterpiece"
NJOkee Dokee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2010, 06:30 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/162.5/149 5'8" 38 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinic
Okee, welcome back! I read through all of your posts on the early threads when I started Medi last month. I know you had great success previously, so I know that you can do it again! Please don't feel hopeless. Tomorrow is the beginning for a new opportunity for success.

I too am losing this weight again. I have been working very hard to figure out why I regained 20 pounds and what I need to do to keep it off for good this time. I have found a lot of inspiration in the book "The Thin Commandments," which I highly recommend. What really struck a chord with me is Dr. Gullo's belief that there are no bad foods, only foods with which we have bad histories. One example that he gives is the choice between a 60 calorie cookie and a 200 calorie pot of chocolate. The wise choice might be to choose the 60 calorie cookie, but if you have a history of abusing cookies and that 1 cookie always turns into the entire plate of cookies, choosing the chocolate might be the better choice, looking historically rather than calorically.... pardon the ramble, but this was such a light bulb moment for me!

I am looking forward to watching you shed the pounds & getting back into the world. I hope tomorrow is a great day for you.
suzanna1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:24 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: joyfull
Stats: 262/160/150
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 05/05/09
I don't post very often, but I felt the need to respond to your message... I have lost about 100 pounds in the past year on Medi. I have reduced my pants size from a 24 to a size 10. I have a picture of me in a tight size 24 that I carry with me wherever I go. :blush: Whenever I want that cookie or feel I can't live without that chocolate, I take out the picture and look at it. Immediately I remember what I felt like at a size 24, and all of a sudden the cookie or chocolate aren't so important anymore. Yes, I have had some slips, but the beauty of Medi is that you now have the "tools" to get rid of 2 or 3 pounds that creep up on you before they turn in to 10,20,30 pounds. You can be strong!! Welcome back!!

Last edited by joyfull; 04-23-2010 at 07:28 PM..
joyfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:56 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sshals
Stats: 5'4" 264/192/132
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 02/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanna1 View Post
What really struck a chord with me is Dr. Gullo's belief that there are no bad foods, only foods with which we have bad histories. One example that he gives is the choice between a 60 calorie cookie and a 200 calorie pot of chocolate. The wise choice might be to choose the 60 calorie cookie, but if you have a history of abusing cookies and that 1 cookie always turns into the entire plate of cookies, choosing the chocolate might be the better choice, looking historically rather than calorically....
What a terrific example! Thanks for sharing
Sshals is offline   Reply With Quote