Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Starting Over on Stay Slim Plan (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/671882-starting-over-stay-slim-plan.html)

NJOkee Dokee 04-23-2010 02:22 PM

Starting Over on Stay Slim Plan

Hi!

I was here when Medi was a brand new thread on this site. I did well, lost over 40lbs but managed to put it all back on. I am horribly depressed. I am eating non stop and basically lost all hope of ever gaining control of this.

Today I was in the vincinity of my medi clinic and it was like the car was on auto pilot and I wound up there. I walked in and told them that I needed help and asked if could I talk to some one. They took me right away.

Long story short, I am starting over, but because I am on such a high dose of anti depressants, we decided that I should go on the "stay slim" plan, where I can eat 600 - 800 calories. Tomorrow will be day one.

This is going to be a challenge, even as I am writing this I am stuffing my face because I know that tomorrow I am starting over.

Anyway- Sorry for rambling, it's just that I have never felt so hopeless in my life. I was so happy in my thinner body and LOVED dressing up in nice clothes, now I don't even want to leave the house. I am so embarrassed of the weight gain that I just isolate from everyone. I feel like a total failure, the only thing I am successful at is gaining weight. I hope that Medi can get me back on track. It worked once, I hope it will work again. I can lose weight, I just can't keep it off. I hope this time I get it under control for good.

suzanna1 04-23-2010 06:30 PM

Okee, welcome back! I read through all of your posts on the early threads when I started Medi last month. I know you had great success previously, so I know that you can do it again! Please don't feel hopeless. Tomorrow is the beginning for a new opportunity for success.

I too am losing this weight again. I have been working very hard to figure out why I regained 20 pounds and what I need to do to keep it off for good this time. I have found a lot of inspiration in the book "The Thin Commandments," which I highly recommend. What really struck a chord with me is Dr. Gullo's belief that there are no bad foods, only foods with which we have bad histories. One example that he gives is the choice between a 60 calorie cookie and a 200 calorie pot of chocolate. The wise choice might be to choose the 60 calorie cookie, but if you have a history of abusing cookies and that 1 cookie always turns into the entire plate of cookies, choosing the chocolate might be the better choice, looking historically rather than calorically.... pardon the ramble, but this was such a light bulb moment for me!

I am looking forward to watching you shed the pounds & getting back into the world. I hope tomorrow is a great day for you.

joyfull 04-23-2010 07:24 PM

I don't post very often, but I felt the need to respond to your message... I have lost about 100 pounds in the past year on Medi. I have reduced my pants size from a 24 to a size 10. I have a picture of me in a tight size 24 that I carry with me wherever I go. :blush: Whenever I want that cookie or feel I can't live without that chocolate, I take out the picture and look at it. :down: Immediately I remember what I felt like at a size 24, and all of a sudden the cookie or chocolate aren't so important anymore. Yes, I have had some slips, but the beauty of Medi is that you now have the "tools" to get rid of 2 or 3 pounds that creep up on you before they turn in to 10,20,30 pounds. You can be strong!!:clap: Welcome back!!

Sshals 04-24-2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzanna1 (Post 13405988)
What really struck a chord with me is Dr. Gullo's belief that there are no bad foods, only foods with which we have bad histories. One example that he gives is the choice between a 60 calorie cookie and a 200 calorie pot of chocolate. The wise choice might be to choose the 60 calorie cookie, but if you have a history of abusing cookies and that 1 cookie always turns into the entire plate of cookies, choosing the chocolate might be the better choice, looking historically rather than calorically....

What a terrific example! Thanks for sharing :D