Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2010, 05:28 PM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Sweedei, if you miss lattes, try heated almond milk or the Hoods fat free calorie counter milk and add your sweetener and instant espresso powder. I have one just about every night for my "dessert".
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2010, 12:00 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
Ive just picked up some almond flour from trader joes... any recommendations on how to use it? Moreso in cooking than baking.
Ortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:20 AM   #123
Senior LCF Member

so I went to trader Joes yesterday and picked up some of their plain white chicken breast (the ready to eat stuff) and its really really good! The sodium is MUCH lower than most pre-made meats, only 2 percent of the daily value, and for someone like me who eats a lot of prepared food thats huge. There are 110 calories in 3oz which is standard. I season it with Mrs Dash (as it is very plain). I recommend it!!
Old 06-22-2010, 11:08 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
I also went to Trader Joe's the other day - bought their frozen Mahi Mahi - nutritional info said 4.5 oz serving is 130 calories, 2 g carbs. Had it last night on the grill - sooo good! Definitely will go back again next week! (Best part - even my 4 1/2 year old daughter ate and loved it...who is one of the pickiest eaters ever!).
mommy2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:28 AM   #125
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cristiansmom
Stats: 296.5/286.5/160ish
WOE: Low Carbs/Med Protein
Start Date: September 24, 2012
Trader Joes is great!! I love their grilled chicken burgers.. they have plain and chili lime... The plain is 160 calories, 5 fat, and less than 1gr carbs..
The chili lime is 160 calories, 6 fat and 3 carbs..
Both have about 19 grams protein...

Quick and easy! Even my kids love them!!

Debi in RI
cristiansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:20 PM   #126
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Shibbz
Stats: 249/229/140
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: July 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom on a mission View Post
Not sure how you feel about Protein shakes. I just bought Gold Standard 100% Whey - Vanilla Ice Cream flavor (at the suggestion of someone on this thread). It was amazing and very filling for a long period of time. I had it in addition to a few ounces of deli turkey for lunch. I was full well into dinner. I felt like I was cheating in a big way- deeelishhh!

Have you ever tried the cookies and cream one? OH MY GOD it knocks the socks off of just plain vanilla! Put it in a blender with ice and you get like a frapp.. amazing treat! I always feel like im cheating!
Shibbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:38 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom on a mission
Stats: Ht 5' 7" 247/156.4/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibbz View Post
Have you ever tried the cookies and cream one? OH MY GOD it knocks the socks off of just plain vanilla! Put it in a blender with ice and you get like a frapp.. amazing treat! I always feel like im cheating!
Wow- I haven't tries that, but I think I will...very soon! My mouth's watering right now.
Mom on a mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:31 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibbz View Post

This sounds so good. I have been eyeing it at the store but figured it was too good to be true. I'm buying some today, as I have had a terrible sweet tooth lately and need something to fill the void...something that I don't have to feel guilty about!

Also, in regards to people that have posted about the Walden Farms peanut butter, I thought it was absolutely sickening. At least it's not expensive. I threw it away almost immediately. I like WF BBQ sauces though! Just ordered some PB2 online and I'm hoping it's better. I also ordered something called "Fit Nutz" sugar free.
Charlene4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:10 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: txntv
Stats: 5'5" 169.5/131/140
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: March 25, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene4 View Post
This sounds so good. I have been eyeing it at the store but figured it was too good to be true. I'm buying some today, as I have had a terrible sweet tooth lately and need something to fill the void...something that I don't have to feel guilty about!

Also, in regards to people that have posted about the Walden Farms peanut butter, I thought it was absolutely sickening. At least it's not expensive. I threw it away almost immediately. I like WF BBQ sauces though! Just ordered some PB2 online and I'm hoping it's better. I also ordered something called "Fit Nutz" sugar free.
I *love* PB2 -- both versions. That I feel like there's something wrong with it.

I ordered the mixed pack from Nectar. They do sell a package where you get can one serving of every flavor. It's not listed online. Just call them.

I also did the same with Gold Standard Whey -- got a package of one of each flavor to try.

Too many choices!
txntv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:54 AM   #130
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SummerAnne
Stats: 254/247.6/No Specific Goal
WOE: NK
Start Date: 8/1/13
Is there any reason to buy these 'peanut spreads' and not just natural peanut butter? Peanuts & salt, can't get anymore basic than that. Is it a calorie thing?
SummerAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 05:18 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerAnne View Post
Is there any reason to buy these 'peanut spreads' and not just natural peanut butter? Peanuts & salt, can't get anymore basic than that. Is it a calorie thing?
Yeah... see nutrition values below.

Ingredients: Roasted peanuts, sugar and salt.
Serving size: 2 Tablespoons (12 grams)
Servings per container: 15 (Amount per 2 tablespoon serving when mixed with water)

(Value and % Daily Value)

Calories: 45
Calories from fat: 13
Total fat: 1.5 g 2%
Saturated fat: 0 g 0%
Trans fat: <0.01 g
Cholesterol: <0.01 mg 0%
Sodium: 94 mg 4%
Total carbohydrates: 5 g 2%
Dietary fiber: 2 g 8%
Sugars: 1 g
Protein: 5 g
Vitamin A: <1%
Vitamin C: 0%
Calcium: <1%
Iron: 0%
Old 06-25-2010, 05:48 AM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txntv View Post
Yeah... see nutrition values below.

Ingredients: Roasted peanuts, sugar and salt.
Serving size: 2 Tablespoons (12 grams)
Servings per container: 15 (Amount per 2 tablespoon serving when mixed with water)

(Value and % Daily Value)

Calories: 45
Calories from fat: 13
Total fat: 1.5 g 2%
Saturated fat: 0 g 0%
Trans fat: <0.01 g
Cholesterol: <0.01 mg 0%
Sodium: 94 mg 4%
Total carbohydrates: 5 g 2%
Dietary fiber: 2 g 8%
Sugars: 1 g
Protein: 5 g
Vitamin A: <1%
Vitamin C: 0%
Calcium: <1%
Iron: 0%

I bought mine for that reason... Ill still give my daughter the all natural stuff from smart balance, but for myself, and for baking, id rather save the calories. I hope the taste is okay

what other walden farms products do you guys like? the chocolate syrup is ehhh but I hear the dip is better so i ordered it. for 3 dollars and reasonable shipping, its not a bad deal

Last edited by Ortal; 06-25-2010 at 05:49 AM..
Old 06-25-2010, 06:08 AM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortal View Post
I bought mine for that reason... Ill still give my daughter the all natural stuff from smart balance, but for myself, and for baking, id rather save the calories. I hope the taste is okay

what other walden farms products do you guys like? the chocolate syrup is ehhh but I hear the dip is better so i ordered it. for 3 dollars and reasonable shipping, its not a bad deal
I LOVE the taste of PB2. At first, I was not a big fan of the original -- but make it a few times and I just love it. Perfectly happy without the original PB.

I like the syrup better than the dip.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:24 AM   #134
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SummerAnne
Stats: 254/247.6/No Specific Goal
WOE: NK
Start Date: 8/1/13
It's not right for everyone obviously, but I'd rather have the higher calories with something more natural, than all the additives of the spreads. I see now that goes against the plan discussed in this forum, I stumbled across the thread by searching for product reviews and didn't pay attention to where it was posted.

I'm glad I read earlier in the thread about the Atkins bars counts being off - I'm eating a daybreak bar I got a sample of (Chocolate Oatmeal Fiber Bar), and the front says 7 net carbs, but when I do the math from the nutrition panel it's 9 net carbs! What the heck is up with that!
Old 06-25-2010, 12:07 PM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerAnne View Post
It's not right for everyone obviously, but I'd rather have the higher calories with something more natural, than all the additives of the spreads. I see now that goes against the plan discussed in this forum, I stumbled across the thread by searching for product reviews and didn't pay attention to where it was posted.

I'm glad I read earlier in the thread about the Atkins bars counts being off - I'm eating a daybreak bar I got a sample of (Chocolate Oatmeal Fiber Bar), and the front says 7 net carbs, but when I do the math from the nutrition panel it's 9 net carbs! What the heck is up with that!
Glycerine isn't listed on the label and Atkins considers that it has little impact on sugar. So the leftovers come from that. Explanation:
Atkins net carb formula - Precision Nutrition Member Zone

There are no preservatives or artificial sweeteners in PB2.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:32 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
I second the PB2!! It's amazing in a chocolate protein smoothie! I prefer the Walden Farms Syrup added to milk or smoothies than the dip. The dip is ok... I wouldn't buy it again.
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:01 PM   #137
Senior LCF Member

I bought the caramel Walden Farms dip and it was gross (trashed it) but the caramel syrup is really tasty. Also, I tried the honey dijon dressing which tasted like poison....seems like their stuff is hit or miss. Anyone tried the honey substitute, don't remember the brand...they sell it on Netrition and I saw it in Kroger. I thought that might be good mixed with the PB2.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:35 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

I found a yummy way to use the Walden Farms dip -- it was from a recipe somewhere buried in the forums.

Wash and dry blueberries
Roll them around in the dip to cover them.
Freeze.

It probably takes an hour or two -- frozen blueberries with chocolate flavor. Tasty. It was called Mock Raisinettes, but I wouldn't say they're like that.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:03 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
Start Date: May 20, 2010
Does anyone use Skim Milk on MWL or just almond milk? I am worried about the lactose in milk being converted directly to sugar in the body and that doesn't seem MWL friendly. As an aside, I tried to use almond milk as creamer for my hot tea, sadly it was a no go.
SonoRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:12 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/173/149 5'8" 38 years old
I think my palate must be broken. I have more Waldens Farm Product than you can imagine. In my fridge at the moment I have ranch dip, caramel dip, chocolate dip, mayo, chocolate syrup, strawberry syrup, pancake syrup, peanut butter, marinara sauce, scampi sauces, ranch dressing, bacon ranch dressing, thousand island dressing, blue cheese dressing, raspberry jelly, and apple butter. I don't use these daily, but I do use them.

I rarely eat any of these products on their own. I usually mix them with other products (like the syrups in protein shakes). The only product that I think tastes really good by itself is the pancake syrup, which is amazing on protein pancakes. I use the jelly on protein muffins. I really like the mayo with canned chicken breast. It really helps cut calories and fat. The only product I wouldn't buy again is the peanut butter. I still haven't found a good use for it and prefer the PB2 or FitNutz.
suzanna1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:16 AM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonoRoo View Post
Does anyone use Skim Milk on MWL or just almond milk? I am worried about the lactose in milk being converted directly to sugar in the body and that doesn't seem MWL friendly. As an aside, I tried to use almond milk as creamer for my hot tea, sadly it was a no go.
Have you tried the Hood Calorie Countdown Fat Free Milk? It is 45 calories per cup, 3 grams of carb, 8 grams of protein. Tastes just like skim milk to me. I find it at my local grocery store, but have also heard that Super Wal-Mart carries it.

Hood® | Calorie Countdown Fat Free Dairy Beverage
Old 06-26-2010, 06:42 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonoRoo View Post
I use unsweetened vanilla or unsweetened chocolate almond milk and add my sweetener of choice (Splenda, Truvia, etc.). It's delicious and has that creamy taste. Maybe you need to add the sweetener? By itself -- not as palatable.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:17 AM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Shelley, Every AM for several months I've been having one to two cups of coffee with regular 1/2 and 1/2 and about 2 1/2 tsp of DaVinci SF caramel flavoring. Yum! I think you'll like that....DaVinci and Torani (sp?) have a lot of SF flavors. We don't drink a lot of coffee...so my DH and I use Folgers instant. But flavored up it tastes so good!
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:36 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nsjx
Stats: 203.5/159/159 - maintenance
WOE: medi
Start Date: April 17, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanna1 View Post
The only product that I think tastes really good by itself is the pancake syrup, which is amazing on protein pancakes. I use the jelly on protein muffins.
Suzanna, do you have the receipes for the protein pancakes and muffins? I just made pancakes for the family this morning but could not have any because it is the regular mix.
nsjx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:40 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member

My protein pancake and muffin recipes are not perfected, but this is what I do...

Muffins - 1 scoop protein powder, 2T DaVinci Syrup, 1/4 teaspoon spray butter, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, and 1 pack of artificial sweetner. Mix in a small bowl (add a bit of water if needed) and microwave for 1 minute. Usually a little spongy, but I cut it in half and smear with sf jelly.

Pancakes - similar recipe - 1 scoop protein powder, 2 T DaVinci Syrup, 1/4 cup egg whites, artificial sweetner, cinnamon - spray pan with Pam & cook.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:51 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
Start Date: May 20, 2010
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I think I just am not enjoying my morning hot tea the way I used to. I only used a splash of 1% milk before,so I may just go back to that if I choose to drink it again. Right now the flavor has not been good for me so I think I will pass on it. Everything I seem to be doing seems to be working right now, so I guess I will just stick with it.

I used to think I could function without the hot tea in the morning, but since I started doing this diet I don't miss it like I used to. After not having it for awhile I tasted it and found it doesn't have the same comfort and attraction it once did. I realize just how much emotion we attach to certain foods and use them as pacifiers almost. It feels good to break those notions of "must haves" so that in the future I don't feel like I need a compulsion towards a certain food. That's what got me into this mess in the first place, the mindless eating based on compulsion and boredom. I hope that makes sense.

Do Over Mini Goal: at or below 160 before May
SonoRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 05:04 PM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Shelley - Your hot tea in the morning sounds so much like my coffee, if you had told me before starting Medi that 7 weeks later I wouldn't drink it at all...I would've said you were crazy! I tried it was SF coffee mate (hated the taste), tried it with a spalsh of 1% milk (still wasn't a big fan), tried drinking it black (ugh!) and then this weekend my husband got an iced coffee while we were out doing some errands (and that was my favorite thing to drink on a hot day) - I took a sip of his and it did NOTHING for me. So your "emotions attached to certain foods" - makes complete sense to me!

-Keri

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
mommy2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 05:14 PM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Shelley - yes, we understand these emotions. We're discussing them also on the Books and Blogs thread. Welcome...we're all soon to be emotional eating recoverers!
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:37 PM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Those of you who like Syntrax Nectar or 100% Whey Gold Standard -- how do you make your shakes? I've tried both with water and with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. The bitter taste comes through no matter what I do. Maybe I have a broken taste bud for whey powder?

I tried the 100% Cookies n Creme with ice and almond milk, but just couldn't get it. I refuse to give up!
Old 06-28-2010, 07:11 PM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txntv View Post
Those of you who like Syntrax Nectar or 100% Whey Gold Standard -- how do you make your shakes? I've tried both with water and with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. The bitter taste comes through no matter what I do. Maybe I have a broken taste bud for whey powder?

I tried the 100% Cookies n Creme with ice and almond milk, but just couldn't get it. I refuse to give up!
I recently tried the whey (Cookies n Creme) and didn't like it at first but if you add a little vanilla extract it changes everything. I did it with lots of ice, a little unsweetened almond, the mix and the vanilla. Delicious.