Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 07:24 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
Oh oh oh! New laughing cow cheese flavors available! I just got home and BLUE CHEESE, chipotle, and tomato basil were at the store! I bought one of each but I can't wait to try the blue cheese! I'm thinking of all kinds of possibilities with Frank's wing sauce, chicken and the blue. Yay!

going to the store... TONIGHT. I wish they made more light baby-bell varieties, you know, the ones n those fun little wax wheels that are a complete rip-off ( you know, 3.50 on sale for 6 of them) but those with turkey pepp are my favorite and easiest, most filling snack
Ortal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2010, 08:59 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

I just ordered from netrion.... low carb wing sauce ( to go along with the new laughing cow blue cheese wedges... CANNOT WAIT), walden farms syrup, and Erythritol Powder for baking. I cant wait really, I haven't had good luck with walden farms in the past but this one got better reviews here. And I love LOVE to bake for my boyfriend and daughter and now Ill actually be able to have some
Old 06-04-2010, 06:34 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
So what all are you going to bake? I can find low carb options but they are still not calorie friendly enough for me. I've never even made the oopsie rolls. I have the walden farms syrup and it's good. Just can't figure out what to put on it!
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 06:39 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: txntv
Stats: 5'5" 169.5/131/140
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: March 25, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
So what all are you going to bake? I can find low carb options but they are still not calorie friendly enough for me. I've never even made the oopsie rolls. I have the walden farms syrup and it's good. Just can't figure out what to put on it!
I put the Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup on Light Cool Whip (some use regular cool whip because it has 2g carbs and the others have 3g -- so whatever you prefer). I've also eaten the syrup with PB2 (I am on a PB2 kick.)
txntv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:46 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

im making a variation of these

Sugar-Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge - Easy Sugar-Free Fudge Recipe
Old 06-05-2010, 06:45 AM   #66
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindsey H
Stats: 186.4/177.2/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 28, 2010
i am in wk 2 and doc said i can do the protein shake for breakfast or snack .. i tried the protein powder with soymilk and 2 strawberries it was good but do you guys think i shouldnt be using soymilk?? i figured it better than reg milk, but the shake w water isnt so yummy .

any suggestions ?
Lindsey H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:04 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

I would do the unsweetened almond milk (vanilla) that's 40 calories per cup and 1g carbs. I use it in my coffee and love it!
Old 06-05-2010, 12:23 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
Start Date: 1/12/14
I was told only unsweetened almond milk.
lins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:40 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

If you shop at Costco, they sell Hans Natural gluten-free gourmet Chicken Sausages. I just ate one for lunch and it's one of my favorite things. They have a spinach/fontina one for 110 cal 1g carb and then a sun-dried tomato/provolone one for 130 cal/2g carbs. The spinach one is great with sauerkraut and mustard. The sundried tomato one is wonderful with miracle noodles and sugar free pasta sauce and parmesan!
Old 06-05-2010, 05:48 PM   #70
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindsey H
Stats: 186.4/177.2/135
Start Date: May 28, 2010
ok thanks .. ill look for the almond milk .. its not that great w the water
Lindsey H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:06 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

I have to add something else I've been using. Starbucks Via - those little instant coffee packets. They have a decaf version and it's super yummy. I just made a frappaccino by using the Via packet, medi choc shake scoop, a splash of fat free plain coffee mate, a splash of da vinci dulce du leche syrup, and some walden farms chocolate syrup. And ice. Eating it with a spoon now.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:13 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Justin1
Stats: 324.5/197/190
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 4/15/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortal View Post
I just ordered from netrion.... low carb wing sauce ( to go along with the new laughing cow blue cheese wedges... CANNOT WAIT), walden farms syrup, and Erythritol Powder for baking. I cant wait really, I haven't had good luck with walden farms in the past but this one got better reviews here. And I love LOVE to bake for my boyfriend and daughter and now Ill actually be able to have some

just curious why you need low carb wing sauce...franks red hot and other wing sauces do no have carbs as it is...just sodium
Justin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:37 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin1 View Post
just curious why you need low carb wing sauce...franks red hot and other wing sauces do no have carbs as it is...just sodium
guess i didnt know better
Old 06-09-2010, 08:55 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
Start Date: May 20, 2010
K, just found this tonight because I was dying for something sweet but I refused to go off diet. It was awesome and satisfied the sweet imp that was poking me!!! Wonderful! 10 net carbs, I was willing to sacrifice and even with my veggies today I was able to stay @ 19 net carbs. I've been staying under 25 net carbs since the beginning of this diet (3 wks ago) and I have never been out of moderate ketosis.

Blue Bell No Sugar Added Lowfat Ice Cream Vanilla (3 oz. cup)
Calories 70
Fat Cal. 20
Tot Fat 2g
Sat Fat 1.5g
Cholest 10mg
Sodium 50mg
Tot Carb 12g
Fiber 2g
Sugars 4g
Sugar Alc 2g
Protein 3g

Vitamin A 4%
Calcium 10%

Do Over Mini Goal: at or below 160 before May
SonoRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 05:19 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

I got my package from netrion yesterday. The walden farms chocolate dip kind of sucks, but what did I expect. Im going to keep it anyways because I feel like Ill use it anyways, even if only for my daughter, and at 4$ it wasnt worth shipping back. Cant wait to bake with the sugar alcohol. I think Ill do that tonight.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:52 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortal View Post
I got my package from netrion yesterday. The walden farms chocolate dip kind of sucks, but what did I expect. Im going to keep it anyways because I feel like Ill use it anyways, even if only for my daughter, and at 4$ it wasnt worth shipping back. Cant wait to bake with the sugar alcohol. I think Ill do that tonight.
I like the Walden Chocolate Syrup much better. But try the dip with Cool Whip or PB2. It works better on those. Or save it for when you have ice cream/frozen yogurt (not full fat -- but lowfat, just may not be as low carb as you want now) -- I think it'll work OK.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:55 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

I like the dip with strawberries. I'm going to try the pb2 and cool whip idea! I've noticed all of Walden Farms products need to be combined with something else to be palatable. I like them though - they're definitely time savers!
Old 06-10-2010, 06:57 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Another "food find"! Polaner Sugar Free with Fiber Strawberry Preserves. 1T is 10 calories a 2 net carbs.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:39 PM   #79
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cherliquidair
Stats: 270/247/150
Start Date: 04-21-10
Walden Farms Carmel Dip.....so yummy with Apple slices. For being zero everything, it is def awesome!

I need suggestions....I am on the go in the AM and don't have time to do breakfast. I am looking for something that I can take with me to be able to still stay on plan. I have tried the Atkins daybreak bars, which are good, but I am hungry halfway through the morning (I spend 4 hours outside in the sun, so I sweat ALOT here in FL!). I need something more filling. Any ideas???

Last edited by cherliquidair; 06-10-2010 at 04:49 PM..
cherliquidair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:18 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom on a mission
Stats: Ht 5' 7" 247/156.4/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherliquidair View Post
Walden Farms Carmel Dip.....so yummy with Apple slices. For being zero everything, it is def awesome!

I need suggestions....I am on the go in the AM and don't have time to do breakfast. I am looking for something that I can take with me to be able to still stay on plan. I have tried the Atkins daybreak bars, which are good, but I am hungry halfway through the morning (I spend 4 hours outside in the sun, so I sweat ALOT here in FL!). I need something more filling. Any ideas???
Not sure how you feel about Protein shakes. I just bought Gold Standard 100% Whey - Vanilla Ice Cream flavor (at the suggestion of someone on this thread). It was amazing and very filling for a long period of time. I had it in addition to a few ounces of deli turkey for lunch. I was full well into dinner. I felt like I was cheating in a big way- deeelishhh!
Mom on a mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:37 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

I eat Adkins bars almost every morning. I eat both the Endulage bars and just their regular bars. It doesn't affect ketosis for me, and I am still losing weight (-4.5 this week). My clinic told me that I could keep eatting them. They do effect some people thought so try them out and see. If I eat the endulage I am hungry before lunch, if I eat the full size bars I am not, so I just adjust to my day.

You can also try the shakes with unsweetened almond milk.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:07 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom on a mission View Post
Not sure how you feel about Protein shakes. I just bought Gold Standard 100% Whey - Vanilla Ice Cream flavor (at the suggestion of someone on this thread). It was amazing and very filling for a long period of time. I had it in addition to a few ounces of deli turkey for lunch. I was full well into dinner. I felt like I was cheating in a big way- deeelishhh!
Did you buy Gold Standard 100% Whey - Vanilla Ice Cream flavor in the store or online? Is it more economical than Medi Shakes? Thanks.
irabeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 07:21 AM   #83
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: With Gratitude
Stats: Start: 188 / 180.0 / 120 / Goal dress size: 4-6
WOE: MediWeightLoss Clinics
Start Date: 6/9/10
Can anyone tell me which Walden products they truly do like? I bought about 8 different bottles of various things and poured a drop on a spoon to taste them and I didn't like 4 of them so I took them back! (My store told me I could if I didn't like them) I think I spent $40 or so just on sauces to help me w/ the proteins but I thought they were watery and overly sweet from the sucralose.

I tried:
Ranch dressing
Raspberry jelly
BBQ sauce
Strawberry sauce

I'm desperate for a really yummy BBQ sauce, ketchup and easy to access dressing so I don't have to whip up my own next week when I start adding veggies.
Thanks!
With Gratitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 07:26 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by With Gratitude View Post
Can anyone tell me which Walden products they truly do like? I bought about 8 different bottles of various things and poured a drop on a spoon to taste them and I didn't like 4 of them so I took them back! (My store told me I could if I didn't like them) I think I spent $40 or so just on sauces to help me w/ the proteins but I thought they were watery and overly sweet from the sucralose.

I tried:
Ranch dressing
Raspberry jelly
BBQ sauce
Strawberry sauce

I'm desperate for a really yummy BBQ sauce, ketchup and easy to access dressing so I don't have to whip up my own next week when I start adding veggies.
Thanks!
You said eight products -- you list four. What were the other four?

So far, I like the Walden Farms chocolate syrup (best find) and ranch dressing. I didn't care for the marshmallow dip. The chocolate dip is OK, the syrup is better.

Anyone got fave whey protein powder (vanilla and chocolate flavors)? I've tried a few and not one tastes good by itself. I tried Jay Robb's and a couple of unknown brands. It's hard to find whey protein powders sold in individual packs to try before buying a big expensive pack.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:26 AM   #85
Junior LCF Member

I posted this on another thread and doctored it up to post here:

You may want to consider checking out the brand, "SYNTRAX" Nectar versions of their protein powders. MOST Nectar versions of (3 or 4 different versions and within each version, some have various flavors) have:
23g protein per serving / 0 carbs / 0 sugar - sweetened with either sucralose or stevia for their naturals flavors.

I think their Cookies & Cream and their Mint Chocolate Cookie flavor may have a few more calories (around 140 calories) and maybe 1 or 2 carbs? I haven't tried them yet.

It's a whey isolate protein so they mix incredibly well in water. They have many, many flavors...you can order them online or at local stores such as Vitamin Shoppe. Runs approx $34 for a HUGE, HUUUGE container. I have 1 per day to help get low calorie, no carb protein in, in lieu of the MWL shakes...

They also have a Matrix line that has a undenatured whey protein - higher quality protein but it's more sensitive so you shouldn't heat it up, etc.

Last edited by With Gratitude; 06-12-2010 at 07:55 AM.. Reason: mispelled Syntrax... :-)
Old 06-12-2010, 07:29 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Walden Farms, to me, is terrible alone but if you mess with it it improves. I like the chocolate syrup in milk is all. I have the BBQ sauce too and it's ok but again, I add stuff to it. Have you tried the BBQ rubs instead? There are also recipes for decent low carb sauces. For dressings, I use the salad spritzers or red wine vinegar or salsa.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:37 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by With Gratitude View Post
I posted this on another thread and doctored it up to post here:

You may want to consider checking out the brand, "SYNTAX" Nectar versions of their protein powders. MOST Nectar versions of (3 or 4 different versions and within each version, some have various flavors) have:
23g protein per serving / 0 carbs / 0 sugar - sweetened with either sucralose or stevia for their naturals flavors.

I think their Cookies & Cream and their Mint Chocolate Cookie flavor may have a few more calories (around 140 calories) and maybe 1 or 2 carbs? I haven't tried them yet.

It's a whey isolate protein so they mix incredibly well in water. They have many, many flavors...you can order them online or at local stores such as Vitamin Shoppe. Runs approx $34 for a HUGE, HUUUGE container. I have 1 per day to help get low calorie, no carb protein in, in lieu of the MWL shakes...

They also have a Matrix line that has a undenatured whey protein - higher quality protein but it's more sensitive so you shouldn't heat it up, etc.
Thanks for heads up! Will look into it -- wanted others to know it's SYNTRAX (with R).
Old 06-12-2010, 08:26 AM   #88
Junior LCF Member

I just had some of the Westbrae unsweetened vegetarian ketchup...whoever recommended this, THANK YOU!!! It was just OK tasting it on a spoon but I had it with scrambled eggs just now and it was AWESOME!!! A bit of a thicker ketchup but I'd prefer thicker to watery ketchup. I LOVE the taste of it it! Thanks!!!
Old 06-12-2010, 08:52 AM   #89
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lady Garden
Stats: 22/20/12
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: 5/24/10
I'm a big fan of the Walden Farms Carmel Dip; I have 2 TB in my protein shake everyday and I look forward to it. It changes the texture-- making the shake more creamy-- and it adds a pretty strong brown sugar flavor.

I agree that the marshmallow and the chocolate dip are nothing to write home about, but the BBQ sauce is fine. In fact I made a two-day pot roast with a light brushing of the sauce on the second day and my husband (NOT a dieter) raved about it.

I also bought a jar of the peanut butter spread which was really ho hum-- I can't imagine anyone eating an actual sandwich made with the stuff but it did add a slight peanut flavor to my shake.

Last edited by Lady Garden; 06-12-2010 at 09:08 AM.. Reason: is ---> are
Lady Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:28 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Check the labels on the BBQ sauce at your local grocery store. I found one (can't remember the brand and I'm not home) that was low carb. I don't use it much just to brush on chicken when grilling mainly but it's good and it was okay on the carbs.