Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2011, 06:02 AM   #301
Senior LCF Member
 
kbhayward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 66
Gallery: kbhayward
Stats: 193/165.5/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: restart 3/30/12
Swirveegrl, I have not tried those bars but the one thing that works great for me when I am craving chocolate (especially at night after dinner) is the General Foods, International Coffee - Swiss Mocha (Sugar Free & Decaf) I mix it with a cup of hot water and it does wonders for the chocolate craving.

Also, the Emerald Cocoa Roasted Almonds are a great option when the sweet tooth hits!
kbhayward is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2011, 06:07 AM   #302
Senior LCF Member
 
Swirveegrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 268
Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Oh good, thanks for the suggestions. I haven't seen the Swiss Mocha, but I bought the vanilla (wasn't impressed). I will try to find some of these items today, after my weigh in
Swirveegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:17 AM   #303
Senior LCF Member
 
Baysidegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Warwick, RI
Posts: 106
Gallery: Baysidegal
Stats: 240/238/140
WOE: Medi-Weightloss-ish
Start Date: Re-start 8/29/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
Oh good, thanks for the suggestions. I haven't seen the Swiss Mocha, but I bought the vanilla (wasn't impressed). I will try to find some of these items today, after my weigh in
I have (re) started to drink more herbal teas like Stash decaf-chamomille, breakfast, etc. Believe it or not, I find them at the Job Lots.. I have been trying to find more ways to get my water in.. I also like the International Coffees, but I haven't had them since starting MWL. I will have google the nutrition stats before I go out and buy some..
Baysidegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:20 AM   #304
Senior LCF Member
 
Baysidegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Warwick, RI
Posts: 106
Gallery: Baysidegal
Stats: 240/238/140
WOE: Medi-Weightloss-ish
Start Date: Re-start 8/29/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftrish View Post
This isn't really a product but I put 1/4 teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa (dark) in my coffee every morning, and it gets rid of my chocolate cravings (or maybe not since I have it like 3 times a day) I also sprinkle it on nonfat whipped topping when I have a protein shake and also put it in the chocolate protein shake (because, lets face it, it just isn't chocolatey enough!!). I also sprinkle it on berries with whipped cream. It is only 25 calories 2 grams of carbs and 1 gram of fiber per tablespoon. I probably have 2 TBS a day and just put it on my diary first thing in the morning. :O) Sometimes if I run out I shave some bittersweet on the coffee, but you have to up the carbs, I think its 4.
Cheftrish, that sounds great. I haven't had many chocolate or sweet cravings so far, but when I do, I will keep this in mind..Sounds yummy! What I really miss are big salads. I NEVER realized how many carbs veggies have.
Baysidegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:27 AM   #305
Senior LCF Member
 
Swirveegrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 268
Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Hey I wanted to mention that the Tofu Shirataki noodles "Spaghetti" is way better than the Fetucinni. I boiled them this time for a few mins, instead of microwaving. I used them yesterday to make "Ramen noodles". I think that these are a good addition to soup dishes, I think the longer that they stay in the broth, the less rubber-like texture. They are also a great source of Fiber, which is needed! I got my miracle noodles in the mail yesterday, along with a few other items. I will have to experiment and let you all know what happens!
__________________
*~Rachel~* MEDI journey began 2-3-11, On my own began 7/26/11
Total Loss to date on Low Carb WOE: 71.2 lbs (bye-bye jiggly stuff)
Elie Wiesel "Ultimately, the only power to which man should aspire is that which he exercises over himself."

Last edited by Swirveegrl; 03-03-2011 at 06:28 AM..
Swirveegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:53 AM   #306
Senior LCF Member
 
Baysidegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Warwick, RI
Posts: 106
Gallery: Baysidegal
Stats: 240/238/140
WOE: Medi-Weightloss-ish
Start Date: Re-start 8/29/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
Hey I wanted to mention that the Tofu Shirataki noodles "Spaghetti" is way better than the Fetucinni. I boiled them this time for a few mins, instead of microwaving. I used them yesterday to make "Ramen noodles". I think that these are a good addition to soup dishes, I think the longer that they stay in the broth, the less rubber-like texture. They are also a great source of Fiber, which is needed! I got my miracle noodles in the mail yesterday, along with a few other items. I will have to experiment and let you all know what happens!
I wonder why that is...I bought both kinds too. I am going to make some tomorrow. I also bought the miracle noodles.

What did you use for seasoning on the Ramen noodles???
Baysidegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:38 AM   #307
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 269
Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 23 2014
I love love love the cocoa almonds!

I personally try to stay away from the creamer they suggested (really? Coffeemate??) I think it tastes like cardboard. I use soy silk and mix it with lite cream or milk, that with the dark chocolate is excellent- 15 cal per TBS and 1 carb. The thing that worries me about the international coffees and the coffemate is if its not the first ingredient cornsyrup is at least in the top five of the ingredients on there. I think we all need to watch the fat free sugar free stuff. It can be a slippery slope and lead to cravings (definitely if one of the first ingredients is corn syrup).
Don't mean to preach.
)
cheftrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:05 AM   #308
Senior LCF Member
 
Baysidegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Warwick, RI
Posts: 106
Gallery: Baysidegal
Stats: 240/238/140
WOE: Medi-Weightloss-ish
Start Date: Re-start 8/29/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftrish View Post
I love love love the cocoa almonds!

I personally try to stay away from the creamer they suggested (really? Coffeemate??) I think it tastes like cardboard. I use soy silk and mix it with lite cream or milk, that with the dark chocolate is excellent- 15 cal per TBS and 1 carb. The thing that worries me about the international coffees and the coffemate is if its not the first ingredient cornsyrup is at least in the top five of the ingredients on there. I think we all need to watch the fat free sugar free stuff. It can be a slippery slope and lead to cravings (definitely if one of the first ingredients is corn syrup).
Don't mean to preach.
)
You are certainly not preaching!!!! I would love to find alternatives to almost all the bad thing I have consumed in the past. Some of those products don't even interest me anymore. I stopped drinking coffee (decaf, but it's what I added to it LOL). Now I am drinking more decaf tea. I can't believe that I used to have a big glass of sugar laden cranberry juice every day or one or two can's of ginger ale a day. It seems like so long ago.
Baysidegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:34 PM   #309
Senior LCF Member
 
Swirveegrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 268
Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
I really like the Kroger's Carbmaster Spiced Pear, really has a good pear taste. As far as the SF creamers go, CoffeMates Hazelnut is my favorite.
Swirveegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:45 AM   #310
Senior LCF Member
 
Baysidegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Warwick, RI
Posts: 106
Gallery: Baysidegal
Stats: 240/238/140
WOE: Medi-Weightloss-ish
Start Date: Re-start 8/29/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
I really like the Kroger's Carbmaster Spiced Pear, really has a good pear taste. As far as the SF creamers go, CoffeMates Hazelnut is my favorite.
That's my favorite too. I just found some Sugar Free..so I just might make some coffee again soon LOL
Baysidegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:50 AM   #311
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 269
Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 23 2014
I really like the Thin'n Trim Chicken Sausage Garden Vegetable-has very few ingredients, pretty natural ( 70 calories per sausage 0 carbs, 2.5 grams fat). That and Egg Beaters Southwestern Style (1/2 C. has 60 calories no fat and 0 carbs) and you have a nice sausage scramble for 130 calories 0 Carbs!!! and 2.5 grams fat!!! For extra flavor I like the laughing cow lite swiss or you can grate a tiny bit of cheese on it.

Last edited by cheftrish; 03-08-2011 at 05:51 AM..
cheftrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:33 AM   #312
Senior LCF Member
 
kbhayward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 66
Gallery: kbhayward
Stats: 193/165.5/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: restart 3/30/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftrish View Post
I really like the Thin'n Trim Chicken Sausage Garden Vegetable-has very few ingredients, pretty natural ( 70 calories per sausage 0 carbs, 2.5 grams fat). That and Egg Beaters Southwestern Style (1/2 C. has 60 calories no fat and 0 carbs) and you have a nice sausage scramble for 130 calories 0 Carbs!!! and 2.5 grams fat!!! For extra flavor I like the laughing cow lite swiss or you can grate a tiny bit of cheese on it.
I also am hooked on the Egg Beaters Southwestern Style. I also like the Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage crumbles. You can throw a handful into the egg beaters and it is great. I have also taken, an egg, some egg beaters, the turkey sausage crumbles and baked it in a muffin tin. I will make a few at a time and keep them in the fridge. THey are great for an easy breakfast on the run. Just zap in the microwave for a few sec.
kbhayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:14 PM   #313
Senior LCF Member
 
Kristine29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 99
Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 2/24/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftrish View Post
I really like the Thin'n Trim Chicken Sausage Garden Vegetable-has very few ingredients, pretty natural ( 70 calories per sausage 0 carbs, 2.5 grams fat). That and Egg Beaters Southwestern Style (1/2 C. has 60 calories no fat and 0 carbs) and you have a nice sausage scramble for 130 calories 0 Carbs!!! and 2.5 grams fat!!! For extra flavor I like the laughing cow lite swiss or you can grate a tiny bit of cheese on it.
Oh Yes I like these Thin and Trim chicken sausages too! I found them a few weeks ago and really enjoy the peach chipotle and the buffalo chicken flavors.
Kristine29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:03 AM   #314
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3
Gallery: jenpryde
Stats: 172/145.5/110
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 02/26/11
Has anyone tried the Oh Yeah premade shakes?
jenpryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:40 AM   #315
Junior LCF Member
 
Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 41
Gallery: Enigma
Stats: 223/179/150. 5'3"
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: March 2011
My favorite for chocolate cravings are the Chocolite by Healthsmart. I have only had the pb patties (35cal 2.5fat 6 fiber 0 net carbs) and the chocolate pecan cluster(30cal 2g fat 6fiber and 1 net carb) there are 2 pieces in each pack , serving size is each piece. I found them at Winn Dixie and they also have them online.

My DH and I read this book at the end of last year called Fat to Skinny there are a lot of recipes and low carb and o carb product ideas in there.

This morning I was at Walmart and found these bars called Philly Swirl sweet Delites they are 14 cal 0fat 4carbs 1fiber 3 sugar alcohol have not tried them yet but they look good.
Also while in Wally World I saw but didn't purchase Hormels turkey pepperoni stix. 50cal maybe next time or maybe for vacation for something to carry around in case of emergency .

Last edited by Enigma; 04-04-2011 at 09:42 AM..
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:57 PM   #316
Senior LCF Member
 
losing in Ftm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 138
Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 5/5/10
This morning I was at Walmart and found these bars called Philly Swirl sweet Delites they are 14 cal 0fat 4carbs 1fiber 3 sugar alcohol have not tried them yet but they look good.

I tried this and they are good just very small I prefer the breyers low carb bars.

I use yellow mustard a lot. But at PUBLIX I found Bookbinders chipolte mustard. I love the taste and have used it several different ways. It has only 5 calories, 0 carbs per tsp.
losing in Ftm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:53 AM   #317
Junior LCF Member
 
Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 41
Gallery: Enigma
Stats: 223/179/150. 5'3"
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: March 2011
I like the bryers low carb ones too but the calories are too high for me. The Delites are only 16 cal. Maybe when I'm in maintenance

I'm very excited my PB2 came in today!! I will be having a shake for dinner for sure! Yay peanut butter
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #318
Senior LCF Member
 
txntv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 164
Gallery: txntv
Stats: 5'5" 169.5/131/140
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: March 25, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
I'm very excited my PB2 came in today!! I will be having a shake for dinner for sure! Yay peanut butter
Me LOVE PB2 so much that I eat it in plain and for snack. Doesn't take me long to get through a bottle. Thank goodness for low cal and fat!
txntv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:35 PM   #319
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: I live in Mississippi on the Gulf of Mexico
Posts: 26
Gallery: stownsend
Stats: 274/173/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 9/30/10
How do i get the 40 lb sign?
stownsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #320
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: I live in Mississippi on the Gulf of Mexico
Posts: 26
Gallery: stownsend
Stats: 274/173/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 9/30/10
are the philly delites an ice cream or candy what section in Wally
stownsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:47 PM   #321
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: I live in Mississippi on the Gulf of Mexico
Posts: 26
Gallery: stownsend
Stats: 274/173/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 9/30/10
I got the noodles and i have tried to like them i followed the directions but They just dont chew up...lol
stownsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:09 AM   #322
Junior LCF Member
 
Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 41
Gallery: Enigma
Stats: 223/179/150. 5'3"
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: March 2011
The Philly Delites are Popsicles . Frozen food
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:13 AM   #323
Junior LCF Member
 
Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 41
Gallery: Enigma
Stats: 223/179/150. 5'3"
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: March 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by stownsend View Post
I got the noodles and i have tried to like them i followed the directions but They just dont chew up...lol
Haha I SO agree! I'm gonna be totally gross here and tell you just how much they don't chew up.........They look the same going in and coming out
Sorry for those who are squeamish
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:55 AM   #324
Junior LCF Member
 
Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 41
Gallery: Enigma
Stats: 223/179/150. 5'3"
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: March 2011
Wow did I scare everyone off by my miracle noodle comment ? Opps sorry
Anyways wanted to share a new product I found today at whole foods .
Freeze dried crunchies. 1/4 cup for 25 cal 6carbs 3fibers 3sugars
They have strawberries and mangos and mixed berries
Check em out they are pretty good
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:23 AM   #325
Senior LCF Member
 
kbhayward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 66
Gallery: kbhayward
Stats: 193/165.5/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: restart 3/30/12
I stumbled across Russell Stover Sugar Free Snack Bars - Chocolate Delight at the store yesterday and thought I would give it a try. OMG!!! It was amazing. It is 100 calories, 3 net carbs, 4 grams of protein, 5 grams of fat. It was worth everything. They are about the size of the Medi Bars. The Russell Stover website shows several flavors like Cinnamon Bun, Apple Cinnamon, Blueberry, etc. Planning on order several boxes!
kbhayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:36 AM   #326
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,405
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
Wow did I scare everyone off by my miracle noodle comment ? Opps sorry
Anyways wanted to share a new product I found today at whole foods .
Freeze dried crunchies. 1/4 cup for 25 cal 6carbs 3fibers 3sugars
They have strawberries and mangos and mixed berries
Check em out they are pretty good
Nope no fear here......I use Miracle noodles once in a while, and will keep ordering them. I drain them the rinse in cold water, then soak in cold water with a little vinegar, drain, rinse, drain & dry on paper towles, then pop in whatever sauce I'm using, and serve. Guess they're not for everyone. They're NOT regular pasta, but they work for us.
Mary T8M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 03:23 PM   #327
Major LCF Poster!
 
Fit2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 2,592
Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbhayward View Post
I stumbled across Russell Stover Sugar Free Snack Bars - Chocolate Delight at the store yesterday and thought I would give it a try. OMG!!! It was amazing. It is 100 calories, 3 net carbs, 4 grams of protein, 5 grams of fat. It was worth everything. They are about the size of the Medi Bars. The Russell Stover website shows several flavors like Cinnamon Bun, Apple Cinnamon, Blueberry, etc. Planning on order several boxes!
These don't sound medi friendly to me, my friend. Not enough protein for the calories. Sometimes you gotta watch out for Russell Stover SF too because if they use malitol it can make you "go" if you know what I mean! These would probably be okay in maintenance or wellness, but not so good for MWL acute phase. GMHO

For good protein bars I like the Pure Protein PB bars from Walmart of whereever.
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:09 PM   #328
Major LCF Poster!
 
Fit2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 2,592
Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Gotta tell you something that has been wonderful to me. I found Extra "dessert delights" sugarfree gum at Sam's Club and LOVE LOVE LOVE the Mint Chocolate Chip flavored gum. The flavor lasts for hours, I'm telling you I've had flavor for 8 to 10 hours! 5 calories/2 carbs per slice. Really keeps my mind off food.
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:32 PM   #329
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,405
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Gotta tell you something that has been wonderful to me. I found Extra "dessert delights" sugarfree gum at Sam's Club and LOVE LOVE LOVE the Mint Chocolate Chip flavored gum. The flavor lasts for hours, I'm telling you I've had flavor for 8 to 10 hours! 5 calories/2 carbs per slice. Really keeps my mind off food.
I heard about these but was afraid they'd just stimulate my appetite.....Now I'm going to give them a try.
Mary T8M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:28 PM   #330
Senior LCF Member
 
ferrarimomof3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 98
Gallery: ferrarimomof3
Stats: 226.6/125/125.6
WOE: Medi- short maintenance phase
Start Date: 1/11/11
That gum is a life saver to me sometimes. It is delicious.
ferrarimomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:56 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.