Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 06:09 AM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieMayhem View Post
Just tried some of the Emerald Cocoa Covered Almonds and they are fantastic! Wish I could find them in the 100 calorie packs so I would have a controlled stopping point. But I did pretty good, poured my serving size into a tiny cup and walked away from the container..yummy! Highly recommend them.

Christine
Christine ~ I confess.... I'm totally addicted to these things. I really have to watch or I'll eat that whole container at one sitting !
Recently I've been finding the 100 cal packs at WalMart.
AnnK is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2011, 06:22 AM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
If you think those are addicting - don't try the Blue Diamond Cinnamon Brown Sugar.....oh my, to die for! (Perfect though cut up and mixed in with some yogurt....I used to always eat granola with yogurt, and the chopped almonds is a wonderful replacement!).
mommy2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:29 AM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
I have been buying the GIANT economy size container of almonds at Sam's, but now realize that DH is ADDICTED to ANY almonds I buy......I may need to hide the new unopened container......he's gone through this last container in record time! I had even Pre-packaged some in 1oz ziplock baggies......he'd end up taking a few from this package, and a few from the next. He just mindlessly snacks on them. I had coupons for several different flavors and he loved them ALL
Mary T8M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:34 AM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 5/5/10
If you think those are addicting - don't try the Blue Diamond Cinnamon Brown Sugar.....
I shouldn't suggest this but I hope you have more self control than I do. I just bought the Cinnamon Sugar and the Dark Chocolate almonds from Blue Diamond. They are wonderful!! I won't be buying these too often, nuts have always been my weakness.
losing in Ftm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:21 AM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
If you think those are addicting - don't try the Blue Diamond Cinnamon Brown Sugar.....oh my, to die for! (Perfect though cut up and mixed in with some yogurt....I used to always eat granola with yogurt, and the chopped almonds is a wonderful replacement!).
Hi Keri - hope you're feeling lots better!! Yes, my DH brought home the Cinnamon nuts once and I have banned them from the house - I'm only allowing myself one nut addiction at a time! Those are just TOO good...
Thanks for the nut yogurt idea... I use SF Davinci syrups in my plain Greek yogurt now... A few chopped almonds would be a great addition.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:57 AM   #276
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MaggieMayhem
Stats: 169.5/157/140 (5'4)
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 1/17/2011
I think I might have to band Almonds from my house, clearly it is a weak point for me. The first night I thought I did so good with having the a small portion but last night not so much. I wish I had more self control. But at least it was a few extra almonds and not a cheesecake, right?
MaggieMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:54 AM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I think I might have to band Almonds from my house, clearly it is a weak point for me. The first night I thought I did so good with having the a small portion but last night not so much. I wish I had more self control. But at least it was a few extra almonds and not a cheesecake, right?
LOL!! That's right, Maggie... it could have been much worse. We all have our weak points, and I'm still (unsuccessfully) fighting my nut issue. Hopefully, with support here I can succeed. I spoke with my Medi clinic staff a couple of times about this, and they suggested alternatives, like a pickle or celery with cheese. Somehow, those just don't have the same effect on my mouth as the cocoa almonds....
Old 01-31-2011, 07:25 PM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: think-skinny
Stats: 201.4/129/125/5'1.5"
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 08-13-10
Soy Flour and Thyroid Issues?

Does anyone use soy flour or know much about it? I have read conflicting opinions about the stuff and I would like to get more feedback if any of you ladies use it. I have read that it is not good to use it because it can cause thyroid problems and that is something I don’t need now that I am on meds for my thyroid already. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Stephany
think-skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:16 PM   #279
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
I use the McCormick marinades quite often. That way my husband and I can share a meal together, but I just don't have any of the carbs I prepare for him as a side dish. Mojito Lime is one of my favorites for chicken, Garlic and Peppercorn is great on beef, Mixed herb is awesome on Pork. Hope this helps.
Swirveegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:57 AM   #280
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sacha
Stats: 5'6" 184/152/145
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 01.14.11
Quote:
Just tried some of the Emerald Cocoa Covered Almonds and they are fantastic! Wish I could find them in the 100 calorie packs so I would have a controlled stopping point. But I did pretty good, poured my serving size into a tiny cup and walked away from the container..yummy! Highly recommend them.

Christine
These are my favorites! Target has the 100 calorie packs!
Sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:51 AM   #281
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
Start Date: February 2011
Question?

Are most of these suggestions for those of you in maintenance? I'm still in acute and I'm not sure I can eat some of the yummy things listed in this great thread!!!

The good news is that you all have listed some really great items! Can't wait to try them when I'm allowed on the program. Thanks!!!!!
chocolatefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:07 PM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss is delicious only 35 cals, 1 carb per serving. This taste good on it's own as a snack, or paired with olives, or strawberries, depending upon your mood of sweet or salty. Their website also has a list of recipes, that could easily be tweaked into MEDI compliance.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:28 PM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatefan View Post
Are most of these suggestions for those of you in maintenance? I'm still in acute and I'm not sure I can eat some of the yummy things listed in this great thread!!!

The good news is that you all have listed some really great items! Can't wait to try them when I'm allowed on the program. Thanks!!!!!
Without reading through the entire thread, I can tell you a lot of the items are for acute....almonds, cheeses, meats, yogurts, etc. Flour (of any kind) I stayed away from all acute, I know there are several mentioned in the thread.

Were there any specific ones you wondered about?
Old 02-26-2011, 06:57 PM   #284
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grfxgrl
Stats: 5'4" - 213/192/134
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Restarting: 2/21/2011
i am in my first week (a restart) and have been having UNJURY whey protein shakes every day. They are so dang good I actually look forward to them!

I have the unflavored and have been adding an orange sunburst crystal light and mixing it up. It has a creamy flavor to it, making it almost taste like an orange julius-- SO DELICIOUS! (for a protein shake, anyway) and only 85 Calories!

I add the protein and the crystal light to a neoprene bottle filled with water and shake. Perfectly blended just like that, no grit!

So far in my searches, the unjury site itself is the cheapest and $10 whole dollars cheaper than medi's protein powder

and And AND! the nutrition stats are better than medi's shakes....Vanilla Medi compared to Unjury Vanilla for an apples to apples comparison:

Vanilla Medi:
Calories - 106.5
Total Fat - 1.5g
Cholesterol - 37.5mg
Sodium - 45mg
Total Carbs - 2g
Protein - 20g

Unjury Vanilla (Unjury Unflavored is less!)
Calories - 100
Total Fat - 0g
Cholesterol - 0mg
Sodium - 35mg
Total Carbs - 4g
Protein - 20g
grfxgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:55 PM   #285
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grfxgrl View Post
i am in my first week (a restart) and have been having UNJURY whey protein shakes every day. They are so dang good I actually look forward to them!

I have the unflavored and have been adding an orange sunburst crystal light and mixing it up. It has a creamy flavor to it, making it almost taste like an orange julius-- SO DELICIOUS! (for a protein shake, anyway) and only 85 Calories!

I add the protein and the crystal light to a neoprene bottle filled with water and shake. Perfectly blended just like that, no grit!

So far in my searches, the unjury site itself is the cheapest and $10 whole dollars cheaper than medi's protein powder

and And AND! the nutrition stats are better than medi's shakes....Vanilla Medi compared to Unjury Vanilla for an apples to apples comparison:

Vanilla Medi:
Calories - 106.5
Total Fat - 1.5g
Cholesterol - 37.5mg
Sodium - 45mg
Total Carbs - 2g
Protein - 20g

Unjury Vanilla (Unjury Unflavored is less!)
Calories - 100
Total Fat - 0g
Cholesterol - 0mg
Sodium - 35mg
Total Carbs - 4g
Protein - 20g
WOW thanks....I'm always looking for new protein powders to try! PLUS I love the idea of the Crystal Light Orange Sunburst! I'll even try it with the vanilla protein powder I currently have (Syntrax) that is my favorite so far!
Now I'd just like to find a protein bar with the same, or better stats (but cheaper) than the Medi bars
Old 02-27-2011, 07:20 PM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
Start Date: February 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
Without reading through the entire thread, I can tell you a lot of the items are for acute....almonds, cheeses, meats, yogurts, etc. Flour (of any kind) I stayed away from all acute, I know there are several mentioned in the thread.

Were there any specific ones you wondered about?
Thanks!!! Nothing in particular--just scrolling through the list, and everything sounded really good!!!!

I can do this!!!!! Weigh-in tomorrow...
chocolatefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:48 PM   #287
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KBinAL
Stats: 5'8" 234/204/170
WOE: Medi-Weightloss & Zumba
Start Date: January 13, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
Now I'd just like to find a protein bar with the same, or better stats (but cheaper) than the Medi bars
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the "Supreme Protein carb conscious" protein bars. My fav is the yellow packaged (peanut butter crunch) ones. The orange packaged ones (carmamel nut) would make a decadent Medi dessert if crumbled on something Medi friendly. The red packaged (rocky road brownie) ones are good too, but I have only found them once.

My local Walmart carries these bars in a smaller size than where I first found them at GNC. The GNC type is huge in size with 400 or so cals, 30 g protein, and I cant recall how many carbs, but kinda high--I halved mine that I had tried from GNC. The Walmart ones are $1.79 each at my store and are the size of a regular snickers bar--lots bigger than the Medi bars. They have a candy bar taste and feel to them too.

I have pretty much eaten one of these protein bars for breakfast every morning since week 3 and have lost 3-4 pounds per week too. I have never been a breakfast eater in my life and after the first three weeks on eggs, turkey bacon, turkey sausage, etc. I HAD to find an alternative as well as something more grab and go since I leave my house before 6AM most mornings. I find that the Medi bars are much more of a snack than this supreme protein bar is. I went on a scavenger hunt for several days reading labels and buying one only of various type bars until I came across these bars that I think offer bang for the buck and give you something satisying (and normal tasting/seeming) to eat.

Please note, I personally really really watch my carb intake during the remainder of the day when I have one of these bars in the morning. Here is

the info from the peanut butter crunch one:
cals: 190
carbs: 13 g
protein: 15 g

rocky road brownie one:
cals: 210
carbs: 16 g

caramel nut one:
cals: 200
carbs: 18 g

So many of the protein bar names sound similar so here is that name again if you wanna try it sometime: Supreme Protein.
KBinAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:10 AM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBinAL View Post
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the "Supreme Protein carb conscious" protein bars. My fav is the yellow packaged (peanut butter crunch) ones. The orange packaged ones (carmamel nut) would make a decadent Medi dessert if crumbled on something Medi friendly. The red packaged (rocky road brownie) ones are good too, but I have only found them once.

My local Walmart carries these bars in a smaller size than where I first found them at GNC. The GNC type is huge in size with 400 or so cals, 30 g protein, and I cant recall how many carbs, but kinda high--I halved mine that I had tried from GNC. The Walmart ones are $1.79 each at my store and are the size of a regular snickers bar--lots bigger than the Medi bars. They have a candy bar taste and feel to them too.

I have pretty much eaten one of these protein bars for breakfast every morning since week 3 and have lost 3-4 pounds per week too. I have never been a breakfast eater in my life and after the first three weeks on eggs, turkey bacon, turkey sausage, etc. I HAD to find an alternative as well as something more grab and go since I leave my house before 6AM most mornings. I find that the Medi bars are much more of a snack than this supreme protein bar is. I went on a scavenger hunt for several days reading labels and buying one only of various type bars until I came across these bars that I think offer bang for the buck and give you something satisying (and normal tasting/seeming) to eat.

Please note, I personally really really watch my carb intake during the remainder of the day when I have one of these bars in the morning. Here is

the info from the peanut butter crunch one:
cals: 190
carbs: 13 g

rocky road brownie one:
cals: 210
carbs: 16 g

caramel nut one:
cals: 200
carbs: 18 g

So many of the protein bar names sound similar so here is that name again if you wanna try it sometime: Supreme Protein.
THANKS I'll look for them. Our Walmart is a little "short" on many items that others can find in their local areas
Old 02-28-2011, 09:15 AM   #289
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
THANKS I'll look for them. Our Walmart is a little "short" on many items that others can find in their local areas
That sounds like a little higher on carbs that should be eaten in acute
irabeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:08 AM   #290
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post
That sounds like a little higher on carbs that should be eaten in acute
I agree......but my thought was to cut them in two. I really have never eaten ANY of the protein bars....Medi's or any other, because I'm too cheap with both my calories, and my $$$.....BUT I'd like to have something to #1 fall back on IF I'm out longer than I thought I would be, and #2 when I want something sweet, and my cup of chai tea doesn't "do" it. I opt for "real" food (95% of the time cooked at home) with the exception of an occasional protein shake (NOT Medi, but one with less calories, and carbs).

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 02-28-2011, 02:16 PM   #291
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I agree......but my thought was to cut them in two. I really have never eaten ANY of the protein bars....Medi's or any other, because I'm too cheap with both my calories, and my $$$.....BUT I'd like to have something to #1 fall back on IF I'm out longer than I thought I would be, and #2 when I want something sweet, and my cup of chai tea doesn't "do" it. I opt for "real" food (95% of the time cooked at home) with the exception of an occasional protein shake (NOT Medi, but one with less calories, and carbs).
I have fallen in love with power crunch protein bars and oh yeah protein bars. They are "wafer" style. They average about 200 calories, 13 g protein, 10g carb, 10 g fat.....which I know may be higher than some want in calories, but I do them as a meal, or 1/2 as a snack. They are sooo tasty, my husband and kids love them.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:47 PM   #292
Senior LCF Member

ThinkThin bites

I have fallen in love lately with thinkThin bites. They are perfectly sized and have 100 cal, no sugar. Here is their nutrional info:

Total Fat: 3g
cholesterol : 0
Total carbs 11 - sugar alcohols 5g, fiber 1 g
Protein 8g
Sugars:0

They have various flavors - I like them all. They come 5 bars per box. I see them all the time at TJMax, Marshalls next to cashiers at discounted prices, $3 I think. I never bought them in the regular store - don't how much they will be.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:09 PM   #293
Senior LCF Member

Healthsmart Chocolite Peanut butter cup patties

This is my ultimate dessert. I don't eat it often but like to have it for special treat. They sell them on netrition.com. I think $16 package for 16 candy bars.

Nutriotinal info:
Per serving: 40 cal - 2 in one bar
Fat 3g
Total carb: 7 g, Fiber:6, sugars:0 Protein: 1g

They are so yummy! Even you eat 2 pieces, it still 80 cal and 2 net carbs but so decadent with the hot cup of tea.

There are other flavors, I happen to like these the best
Old 03-01-2011, 05:40 AM   #294
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post
This is my ultimate dessert. I don't eat it often but like to have it for special treat. They sell them on netrition.com. I think $16 package for 16 candy bars.

Nutriotinal info:
Per serving: 40 cal - 2 in one bar
Fat 3g
Total carb: 7 g, Fiber:6, sugars:0 Protein: 1g

They are so yummy! Even you eat 2 pieces, it still 80 cal and 2 net carbs but so decadent with the hot cup of tea.

There are other flavors, I happen to like these the best
Thanks for the tip! I'm going to look for those.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:57 PM   #295
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: beachsideguy
Stats: 220.6/198.4/175
Start Date: 2/17/11
For those that love almonds and have a Publix nearby, Publix runs a buy one-get one free on either the Blue Diamond short cans or the Emerald tall cans about every 4-6 weeks. In early February they were back-to-back B1G1. Adding the coupons from the Sunday papers make them great deals to stock up on (if you can measure correctly ... lol).
beachsideguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:04 PM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachsideguy View Post
For those that love almonds and have a Publix nearby, Publix runs a buy one-get one free on either the Blue Diamond short cans or the Emerald tall cans about every 4-6 weeks. In early February they were back-to-back B1G1. Adding the coupons from the Sunday papers make them great deals to stock up on (if you can measure correctly ... lol).
Love BOGO's and coupons!
Old 03-02-2011, 06:12 AM   #297
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baysidegal
Stats: 240/238/140
WOE: Medi-Weightloss-ish
Start Date: Re-start 8/29/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss is delicious only 35 cals, 1 carb per serving. This taste good on it's own as a snack, or paired with olives, or strawberries, depending upon your mood of sweet or salty. Their website also has a list of recipes, that could easily be tweaked into MEDI compliance.
Just caught this post today Swirveegrl. I love Laughing Cow. It seems like an indulgence. I made and egg cup with 1/2C eggbeaters and 1 LC wedge in the microwave and it was delicious.
Baysidegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:54 AM   #298
Senior LCF Member

Very Cool

That sounds yummy. Maybe I will try one of those today. I know I kind of feel the same way, because it's so creamy and smooth. I really like mine with olives, the only thing missing is a low carb glass of wine because I prefer white.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:41 PM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Choco Perfection Bars

Has anyone tried the ChocoPerfection Bars sold on netrition? I have really been CRAVING chocolate the last week or so, and the SF choclate syrup isn't cutting it Wondering if anyone has tried these bars?
Old 03-02-2011, 03:11 PM   #300
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
Start Date: January 23 2014
This isn't really a product but I put 1/4 teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa (dark) in my coffee every morning, and it gets rid of my chocolate cravings (or maybe not since I have it like 3 times a day) I also sprinkle it on nonfat whipped topping when I have a protein shake and also put it in the chocolate protein shake (because, lets face it, it just isn't chocolatey enough!!). I also sprinkle it on berries with whipped cream. It is only 25 calories 2 grams of carbs and 1 gram of fiber per tablespoon. I probably have 2 TBS a day and just put it on my diary first thing in the morning. :O) Sometimes if I run out I shave some bittersweet on the coffee, but you have to up the carbs, I think its 4.
cheftrish is offline   Reply With Quote