Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Carb relapse (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/670145-carb-relapse.html)

bb0325 04-11-2010 06:05 PM

Carb relapse

From one MWLer to another, I really need support. I messed up this whole weekend. Seriously I just binged just now and I am not feeling too good physically and emotionally. And what is so bad I hid my binge by eating in the bathroom and while walking the dog. I don't know what's wrong with me and why I did this. Is this normal? I took the last of my supplements for the day, still feeling upset. :(

saraanne 04-11-2010 06:35 PM

Did something trigger it. I'll tell you what...my husband has been out of town all weekend. I ate papa john's pizza tonight, 2 breadsticks and a piece of pizza. I know its wasn't wise, but its not going to do too much harm unless I do it every day.

You've lost 40 pounds. Thanks is AWESOME!!! Celebrate that. Turn it around tomorrow and get back on track. Don't hang on to what you did this weekend, look ahead to what you're going to do tomorrow. That's my plan and I hope it will be yours too. It took you since January to get those 40 pounds off, they aren't going back on over night so don't worry too much.

Sara

bb0325 04-11-2010 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saraanne (Post 13359010)
Did something trigger it. I'll tell you what...my husband has been out of town all weekend. I ate papa john's pizza tonight, 2 breadsticks and a piece of pizza. I know its wasn't wise, but its not going to do too much harm unless I do it every day.

You've lost 40 pounds. Thanks is AWESOME!!! Celebrate that. Turn it around tomorrow and get back on track. Don't hang on to what you did this weekend, look ahead to what you're going to do tomorrow. That's my plan and I hope it will be yours too. It took you since January to get those 40 pounds off, they aren't going back on over night so don't worry too much.

Sara

Hi Sara thank you for the quick reply. It started yesterday after we came back from a bday party at the park. I woke up this morning and I was no longer in ketosis and I started the day off as day one of the program and had carb cravings that went out of control. Which caused me to eat everything in my sight. It's as if I am an animal that hadn't ate in forever. I had eaten some rib eye last night that was marinated, and I know now that it may have been mainated in Yoshida(which has sugar) I didn't even eat anything with sugar or any carbs, I thought I was doing right by sticking with the protein. I really need to shake this off and get back into focus. It's just really irritating that this happened. Thanks Sare

saraanne 04-11-2010 06:51 PM

You'll be okay because you've recognized it, admitted it and are preparing to move forward. Let me know how it goes.

P.S. Darn those birthday parties!!!

HeatherT 04-12-2010 10:32 AM

I am with you. Started with Friday evening with wine and ended last night with ice cream. so frustrated as I have been doing so well and feeling fabulous. I just reread Newbie board and am planning to do week 1 until back in ketosis (when i get kicked out i mentally lose it and start making bad choices) I agree with Sara-you have lost a ton of weight and will not gain it back in a day! Good luck to us! so far today protein only and feeling a little more in control

Chelybell 04-12-2010 07:52 PM

Glad I'm not alone

I have been in a rut for the last few weeks not to mention out of sorts with kids birthday parties, Easter, etc.

Thank you ladies for being so supportive. I haven't been back to the clinic in three weeks because the last time I went, the lady mentioned maybe I should work harder so I could actually hit my goal and quit coming.

Of course I want to hit my goal, but I can dog myself plenty on my own. When I'm telling you I want to eat everything, I MEAN IT!

I know I can do this.

bb0325 04-12-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chelybell (Post 13363270)
I have been in a rut for the last few weeks not to mention out of sorts with kids birthday parties, Easter, etc.

Thank you ladies for being so supportive. I haven't been back to the clinic in three weeks because the last time I went, the lady mentioned maybe I should work harder so I could actually hit my goal and quit coming.

Of course I want to hit my goal, but I can dog myself plenty on my own. When I'm telling you I want to eat everything, I MEAN IT!

I know I can do this.

We all will hit goal. I am just glad that we all understand one another on this site. No one on the outside seems to really understand how important it is for us MWLers need to be in ketosis. This site is my support and I am oh so grateful for the feedback. We will do this together. Today was a fresh start and I behaved by staying on day one of the program. Tomorrow is weigh in and I did what I did, I will learn to prepare the next time we go to a party. By doing so I will eat prior to going and when I do eat at a party I will ask what the meat is marinated in, before I put it in my mouth.

bb0325 04-12-2010 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherT (Post 13361127)
I am with you. Started with Friday evening with wine and ended last night with ice cream. so frustrated as I have been doing so well and feeling fabulous. I just reread Newbie board and am planning to do week 1 until back in ketosis (when i get kicked out i mentally lose it and start making bad choices) I agree with Sara-you have lost a ton of weight and will not gain it back in a day! Good luck to us! so far today protein only and feeling a little more in control

Awwww Heather we will do this and we will make goal together. I also went back to the Newbie board and read up on it. Today was also day one for me on week one, and I made it.

Sara thank you for your positive reinforcement, I really appreciate it.

bb0325 04-12-2010 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chelybell (Post 13363270)

I know I can do this.

Yes you can do this, we all will do this. We will hit goal and we will all stick together at this.

HeatherT 04-13-2010 04:19 AM

I had a "perfect" week 1 Medi day yesterday and am feeling much better! Going to wait another day to test for ketosis, can't bear to see another tan stick!
This week made me realize that I have not gotten far enough away from my bad habits. Having everyone say how wonderful I looked was great, but for some reason took away all my motivation to stay on plan (??) Got so scared that i was going to gain all the weight right back. The worst part is that i have found this plan to be the easiest I've ever done, so I don't know why the mental part is so hard to get over.
Chelybell-good luck going back! bummer that your center said that, but by your stats you are doing great! (and so close to goal!!)

bb0325 04-13-2010 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherT (Post 13363681)
I had a "perfect" week 1 Medi day yesterday and am feeling much better! Going to wait another day to test for ketosis, can't bear to see another tan stick!
This week made me realize that I have not gotten far enough away from my bad habits. Having everyone say how wonderful I looked was great, but for some reason took away all my motivation to stay on plan (??) Got so scared that i was going to gain all the weight right back. The worst part is that i have found this plan to be the easiest I've ever done, so I don't know why the mental part is so hard to get over.
Chelybell-good luck going back! bummer that your center said that, but by your stats you are doing great! (and so close to goal!!)

Hi Heather,

I totally feel you on the tan sticks, I hope to see ketosis tomorrow. It was day two of week one for me. And as far as the mental part I totally understand. We just need to all stick together and we will get through this. I still lost but my fat % stayed the same, even through all the binge eating on Sunday.

amy1915 04-14-2010 06:43 PM

Hey - As I was reading these posts I was reminded of something that if I remember correctly I heard on Oprah years ago and what was said that as people lose the weight the layers protecting all of the issues that got the persons weight out of control in the first place slowly peel off which causes a lot of emotional stuff to take place. That theory really resonated with me and I know that on days where I have gone down a color on the ketosis strips a weird fear comes over me and although I havent binged or gone off plan because of it I can still feel myself mentally step down a level and kind of beat myself up over it. The same thing has happened to me on weeks where I've not had losses I was hoping for. It can be very frustrating because all along I have been so careful about doing exactly what the clinic says to do...but I digress. I feel that I have a grasp on what got me to my starting weight. I have addressed those issues and have replaced those old behaviors with new healthy ones, but it is still a daily challenge for me to care enough to not let myself fall into old patterns and excuses.

HeatherT 04-15-2010 04:16 AM

Amy1915-WOW, thanks for the insight!! Makes a lot of sense and I can't tell you how many times I've said "I didn't realize I was a stress eater" the last few weeks. If anything goes wrong, I've been heading to the kitchen! It seems to be easier to lose the weight than get the head straight, but I feel like I am getting closer!

eptexy 04-16-2010 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amy1915 (Post 13371645)
Hey - As I was reading these posts I was reminded of something that if I remember correctly I heard on Oprah years ago and what was said that as people lose the weight the layers protecting all of the issues that got the persons weight out of control in the first place slowly peel off which causes a lot of emotional stuff to take place.

I completely agree with this! Especially when you think - if I can just lose this weight then I will immediately be transformed into this amazing human being. LOL My weight has held me back in a lot of things. Once I don't have that excuse anymore - what then? My hair? My face? My personality?

I don't know what the answer is but you'd think that at 38, I'd be beyond this.