Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2010, 08:26 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: elanzer
Stats: 150/141/130
WOE: Medi Weighloss Clinics
Start Date: March 2010
How 'bout one cheat meal a week???

I'm in my third week, of which will be on vacation. The clinic wouldn't give me two weeks of the prescription without charging me, so I'm taking one every other day to stretch them out. The days I don't take it, I really notice my cravings increase. I was just wondering if having one "cheat meal" every week or two will really set me back. Any thoughts???
elanzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2010, 07:19 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kristenb
Stats: Ht: 5'2" 187.7/154.8/135
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 01/06/2010
If you cheat for one meal, you're going to go out of ketosis. It takes me about 2 days to get back into ketosis. So that's three days total that your body won't be burning fat, which is about 1/2 a week. I know any week that I have gone out of ketosis (for VERY small infractions!) I do not lose nearly as much as when I stay on plan. For example, last week I only lost 0.2 lbs. I am not trying to tell you what to do, just wanted to share my own experience. Have an awesome vacation and good luck!
kristenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 01:32 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
A cheat meal? You are really serious? Sorry, but I need to be perfectly honest here. Cheating is cheating, and in this case you are only cheating yourself. You are cheating your health, and you are wasting your hard earned money. You either commit to this program 100% or you don't. People are not perfect and mistakes and slips do happen, but not a planned cheat meal every week.

I have taken several trips for work and leisure while in the acute phase and in maintanance. I always travel prepared, and worked the program seriously. I have been in maintenance now for almost 8 months, and my weight is holding steady. This is my way of eating now, it is my lifestyle now. And I would not have been anywhere near as successful if I cheated. What is the point of cheating? There really isn't one.

The choice is ultimately yours. I wish you well.

Jo
Old 04-10-2010, 01:43 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
My humble opinion:

I, personally, would not plan a "cheat" meal. The ketosis thing is the most important reason; but there's also the idea that you need to set your mind on making this a permanent part of your life. Look around the site and see how many people here are having to start over... and I'm one of them. In my case, there were extenuating circumstances... illness, moving, building a home, living in an RV while we were building our home... but it all led to me going off plan and gaining back every single pound. When you think about it, it all starts with "one" cheat.

Good luck with your program!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:47 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Zackery2011
No dont cheat, just eat all of the leanest food on the list they give you. You can eat more food that way. I find eating crab meat fills me up the most and it weighs hardly nothing.
Zackery2011 is offline   Reply With Quote