Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2010, 08:51 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jodiet
New here... have questions about keytones.

I have started this diet on Monday, although I am not officially going to the Medi Clinic. I have a friend that signed up and she is helping me with info. I've done the South Beach Diet before, and this seems to be like a pre phase I stage. Anyway, here is my question. When I test for keytones, I am in the trace zone. Does that mean I can add in the week two veggies, or not yet?. Where should the keytones be, and what do I need to do to get there? I've had nothing but lean protein, vitamins, sf jello and dill pickles and have kept my protein to 500 calories.

Thanks in advance - Joanne
jodiet is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2010, 12:26 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kmchap
Stats: 208/190/145
WOE: Medi Weight loss
Start Date: First time 03/2010, restart Nov 2010
As long as your are in some stage of ketosis that is a good thing and it means you are burning fat. According to my clinic the most desirable ranges of ketosis are "moderate" to "large". However, you should really wait the whole week before you start introducing the veggies/fruit. And technically you shouldn't really be having the sf jello until next week also (that's what my clinic told me). Good luck with everything and

Kelly
kmchap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:06 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kristenb
Stats: Ht: 5'2" 187.7/154.8/135
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 01/06/2010
Just wanted to ditto what Kelly said. You should aim to be in the "moderate" to "large" range while drinking your 100+ oz. of water each day. Also ditto the pickles and jello waiting until at least week 2. Week one should be just lean protein kept to 500 calories. Best of luck and let us know if you have any more questions.
kristenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:25 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
This program is meant to be medically supervised, is not just a quick fix for swimsuit season, a high school/college reunion or someone's wedding. It is a major lifestyle change, which it is why it is recommended as medically supervised. Hopefully, you have seen your personal physician and advised him/her what you are going to be doing. This program is not for everyone, which is why MWL tests various things when you go for the first consultation and along the way.

However, if you are going to do this anyway, please use the search function for questions you may have that may have been asked and answered already.

For example, here is one about ketosis:

Ketosis

Good luck to you.

Jo