Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 06:16 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: blondie0781
Stats: 167/167/135
WOE: MWL
Start Date: February 18 2010
Help just found out im pregnant

My clinic is closed today and I just found out im pregnant. Does anyone know what the protocol is for the diet or the pills when your prego?
blondie0781 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2010, 06:21 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/162.5/149 5'8" 38 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinic
I would immediately stop taking the pills, especially the AS, and call your OB.
suzanna1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:28 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Already stopped all the pills. I was assuming they wouldnt be healthy. How about the no carbs or no sugar.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:47 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kmchap
Stats: 208/190/145
WOE: Medi Weight loss
Start Date: First time 03/2010, restart Nov 2010
I would call your OB too. I would also start increasing your calorie intake immediately, and start introducing a few more carbs. For the carbs I would probably still stay away from the breads and pastas but just get more fruits and veggies. And congrats by the way. Good Luck with everything.
kmchap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:44 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cjbee
Stats: 216.6/179/150
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: mar 17 2010
go online and do a search for calorie requirements or nuitrition requirements of pregnant women. The early stages of pregnancy is the most important-get out of keytosis! eat a balanced healthy diet and discuss this with your doctor-this is not the time to lose weight althouhg it may be tempting. If you eat smart you will only gain what is needed for the baby and the placenta etc and when you give birth you will be on yur way again. BTW Breast feeding burns extra Calories and women who have breast fed have way lower chance of breast cancer so YIPPY good for us and the baby. If this is your first enjoy the pregnancy and take good care of yourself. Build a helathy eating plan-you will need the energy when you pop. It was the most exciting and satifying time in my life and also the most tiring-but soooo worth it. so happy for you Congrats and see you in 9 months.
cjbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:43 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Thank You everyone

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that tried to help. Unfortunatley I miscarried 2 weeks ago at 6 weeks. It was my first pregnancy and I found out that it is more common that I thought to miscarry your first child. Has anyone been on this diet and found out they were pregnant? I just went back to Medi today to start back up and they said I should be on birth control while I am on these appetite suppressants. While this past time was an oops my bf and I were both very happy it happened. We are not trying to have another baby just yet but if it happens down the road we are not opposed to it. I was just seeing if anyone has had any complications due to the app. supp.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:46 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sshals
Stats: 5'4" 264/192/132
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 02/2010
If you are on the Medi program then you should focus on losing weight and NOT getting pregnant. The medication and way of eating are meant to make your body a weight loss machine - which is not healthy for the early stages of pregnancy.

You need to decide what your focus is. And remember, not using birth control is the same thing as trying to get pregnant. If you want to lose weight and try to get pregnant at the same time then I would encourage you to seek out a different method of weightloss.
Sshals is offline   Reply With Quote