Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   *.*Astoundingly Amazing April for MWL *.* (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/668710-astoundingly-amazing-april-mwl.html)

Desert-Rose7 04-01-2010 12:05 AM

*.*Astoundingly Amazing April for MWL *.*

April Showers bring May flowers, or so the old song says. It is a great time for shedding pounds and looking for great new spring and summer wardrobes in new and smaller exciting sizes. This is a possibility that can be yours, all you have to do is commit yourself 100%, and reach out and just do it!

Happy April everyone!

Jo

Determined Gemini 04-01-2010 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 (Post 13319897)
April Showers bring May flowers, or so the old song says. It is a great time for shedding pounds and looking for great new spring and summer wardrobes in new and smaller exciting sizes. This is a possibility that can be yours, all you have to do is commit yourself 100%, and reach out and just do it!

Happy April everyone!

Jo

Thank you Jo for starting the April thread :)
~K

Justin1 04-01-2010 05:29 AM

April 15th marks 1 year on this program for me. I took about 3-4 months where I didn't go every week after I had reached 220 (my original goal) and then decided to go back and get under 200.

I weighed in yesterday for another 3 lbs down and sit at 203 with my new goal being 185-190. Part of me thinks I could have done this faster, but I am very happy and proud to have lost over 120 lbs in a year. Medi really changed my life and who I am, for the better.

Edit - New Avatar time!

Fit2010 04-01-2010 05:38 AM

Congratulations Justin! We're all looking for that change for the better in ourselves, and when we hear of others making their wishes come true it inspires all of us!

Jo - Weight loss for March was only 2 lbs since I was "off" so much of the time, at beginning of March reported I had lost 24 lbs, now 26 lbs total loss at 164 lbs). April goal is for 10 lbs loss. Thanks for your advice during the hard times! (No foolin' !)

Blessings to all my low carb MWL friends this week - we have SO much to be thankful for!! :aprayer:

Lucas33 04-01-2010 06:13 AM

Im so mad at myself. I got kicked out of Ketosis again. No one to blame but myself but its amazing how things you think will kick you out don't and things that you don't think will do. Not one thing to point too, just too much picking I supppose. I'll go back to my modified week 1 and hopefully will get back in in a few days. I know in the past I used getting out as an excuse to go off diet and with the holidays this weekend, I don't want to do that. Althought getting kicked out is so dissappointing(and not worth any of the food I ate) Im using this as an learning experience that I have been kicked out before and can get right back in. I did not get to needing this diet by eating perfect so it helps to know I can still do this and not give up.

cjbee 04-01-2010 06:40 AM

Joe that is awesome! Glad you are back. I can't wait to reach my first mini goal-hopefully this Friday! Kepp up the good work-you deserve to be healthy.

bb0325 04-01-2010 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas33 (Post 13320363)
Im so mad at myself. I got kicked out of Ketosis again. No one to blame but myself but its amazing how things you think will kick you out don't and things that you don't think will do. Not one thing to point too, just too much picking I supppose. I'll go back to my modified week 1 and hopefully will get back in in a few days. I know in the past I used getting out as an excuse to go off diet and with the holidays this weekend, I don't want to do that. Althought getting kicked out is so dissappointing(and not worth any of the food I ate) Im using this as an learning experience that I have been kicked out before and can get right back in. I did not get to needing this diet by eating perfect so it helps to know I can still do this and not give up.

You are doing right by getting back on track. I went through it not too long ago and within two days Ketosis. All of us are here to support one another, and we have those days where we get off track, then we pick ourselves up and get back on it. You can do this. It's a new day and new way, we are all here for you.

Good Morning Jo, I have my stats for March -12.4. Looking forward to an Amazing April.

Hi Debbie I do the Island Girl DVD series for the Hula/Tahitian it may be ordered from Amazon. I had the DVD's for a while(since 2004) just no motivation to do them until now. As far as the classes, my daughters are in a performance group and they do the nine islands, they are on contract at one of the timeshares here. They practice on Saturdays and that is when I practice with them. I use to do Poly dancing when I was wayyyyy younger. Well since 35 is the new 25, I want to do it again. Oh the thing I absolutely love about the dancing is NO shoes. Take care and have a wonderful morning Debbie, it's time for my daily walk then off to my 9-5.

eptexy 04-01-2010 08:02 AM

Good morning! Lost another 2 lbs yesterday so I'm sitting at 150 with 25 more to lose. Oof that sounds like so far from now when I'm just losing 1-2 pounds a week!!!

We're getting packed right now to head to Arkansas. I'm so incredibly nervous. Not only is it TOM and I'm having big time cravings, but I'll be away from the gym and in my husband's grandmother's home who basically equates eating/cooking with love. I've read all the threads but it still seems next to impossible for the next weigh in. Ugh.

jbiggars63 04-01-2010 08:41 AM

Down 4 more pounds to 209. This is the lowest I have been since High School! 9.25 pounds to ONE-derland and 16 pounds to 300 lost! Went ahead and signed up for Saturdays 2 mile run and have done it twice (once on an indoor track and once outdoors) averaging a little over 11 minutes a mile. Not bad since I just started running again about 8 days ago!

Dblais 04-01-2010 08:44 AM

Congratulations jbiggars63....that is awesome. I bet it feels great!

I went for my second weigh in this am and I am down another 4.5 !!

smaller_please 04-01-2010 08:45 AM

I took a a few months off from acute and went onto maintenance. I restated week 1 this week on Monday so I can get to my goal which is now 135, so just 15lbs to the finish line. Wow I had forgotten week 1's high and this time around I am a bit hungry but able to ignore it for the most part with the AS.

Congrats to all you losers out there! I this this WOE is the best and proven to work for me.

Mom on a mission 04-01-2010 08:54 AM

Hello MWL friends... Looks like there were so many successful losers in March, way to go everyone!!

Jo~ I'm weighing in tomorrow, but I guess that would officially be an "April" loss, so I'll give my March stats as of today. March total loss of -14.2 lbs I am very pleased with my progress and March was a great month for me. I reached a few mini-goals: Getting back into Onederland and hitting the 50lb lost mark! Hope weigh in goes well tomorrow. TOM is here and I feel like a giant water balloon, never a good sign.

Have a great day!!;)

SavLexiMom 04-01-2010 10:43 AM

Jo- My March total was -14.4 :D

It's so inspiring to see all these numbers!!

txntv 04-01-2010 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin1 (Post 13320241)
April 15th marks 1 year on this program for me. I took about 3-4 months where I didn't go every week after I had reached 220 (my original goal) and then decided to go back and get under 200.

I weighed in yesterday for another 3 lbs down and sit at 203 with my new goal being 185-190. Part of me thinks I could have done this faster, but I am very happy and proud to have lost over 120 lbs in a year. Medi really changed my life and who I am, for the better.

Edit - New Avatar time!

That's fantastic! I think it's a good idea to do what you did -- have a comfortable goal and maintain it for a while. And then go for a new goal. This way you're not burned out -- yet you have time to adjust to maintenance.

Lucas33 04-01-2010 11:34 AM

9 pounds for me in March. Not as much as I would have liked but I gained in Feb due to vacation so I was glad to get back on track. Hoping for a successfuly April.

amy1915 04-01-2010 12:47 PM

Jo: My total for March is 15.

Hey Everyone - Week 11 WI this morning, 4 lbs. I'm feeling down because I thought for sure I would hit the 50lb mark today and didn't...1lb away. Glad to hear about everyone else's great progress though...very inspiring!

anewstart 04-01-2010 01:17 PM

Weigh in today.. -1.2 but down 3.5 whopping lbs of fat and up 2 in muscle! Ive been following the couch to 5k program and absolutely love it... before i started this program I couldnt even walk 20 minutes and now I can run for that long!!!! Im so itching to hit my 50 lbs gone.. just a lil under 2 lbs and I ll be there! Im a comfortable size 10 right now and I feel great! Gotta love this WOE! So close to goal... :)

Jo total for March 5.6 lbs

CCCOX 04-01-2010 02:11 PM

Hey Jo 15.5 pounds for March

kristenb 04-01-2010 02:56 PM

Hey Jo! 8.8 lbs lost for me in March. My goal is to get under 150 lbs as quick as possible and then hit the 40 lbs total lost so I can update my avatar! Have a great weekend everyone!

tydreamer 04-01-2010 06:17 PM

Gosh, only about 10 pounds lost in March. I'm gonna hope for at least 12 in April!

I love this site! Thank you, everyone, for sharing so much of yourselves here. The support makes it so much easier!

jbiggars63 04-02-2010 06:18 AM

Just some interesting numbers, to me anyway!

Late Dec 2008 493 lbs
Jan/Feb 09 Medi 454 lbs 59% Fat 63.3 BMI 72" waist
Today Medi 207 lbs 16.4% Fat 28.9 BMI 34" waist

I'm no longer Obese! WOOT! This is crazy! :stars: I haven't been this small in 30 years!

slbpl61 04-02-2010 08:32 AM

Well, my week 6 weigh in yielded no loss although the scale was hovering down 1/2 pound but settled in at last week's number. My eating was all over the place last week and I compensated the last 2 days by not eating as much to reflect a better weigh in. Yup....this is definitely some of my old behavior creeping back when I know better! I have been in ketosis the past
3 days after being out for 2. The scale reflected a shift where my body fat % dropped from last week even without a loss so that made me happy! I talked to my counselor about going back to Week 1 and she told me as long as I was in ketosis, that wasn't necessary but if I wanted to it was fine. She did give me some good tips about balancing my meals out and increasing my exercise. I need to see a much larger loss next week to keep me motivated.

Happy Easter everyone! :)

Lucas33 04-02-2010 09:06 AM

Hi there. After getting kicked out of ketosis on Tuesday, I was so happy to back in this morning. Such a relief mostly from an emotional stand point. Weigh in was today and down 2.2 more for the week. Nice to be almost in the mid 180's and actually shopped in the regular size clothes department today. Definitely good motivation.

marymo 04-02-2010 04:30 PM

Happy Easter!

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, Everyone! Spring has Sprung! Let's all have a great month! Check out my new Avatar - went to the beach today and the weather was great!!

eptexy 04-02-2010 04:31 PM

Just wanted to check in. Feeling so helpless right now. I'm so so hungry! I don't know if my AS is not working well or what. I'm at a relatives house and the only thing here is BEEF, carrots, and little debbies snack cakes. No joke! So of course I've been able to only eat sparingly. I'm seriously pms'ing too and no gym and thunderstorms so can't even walk. How many more cards can be stacked against me???

kmchap 04-02-2010 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eptexy (Post 13326566)
Just wanted to check in. Feeling so helpless right now. I'm so so hungry! I don't know if my AS is not working well or what. I'm at a relatives house and the only thing here is BEEF, carrots, and little debbies snack cakes. No joke! So of course I've been able to only eat sparingly. I'm seriously pms'ing too and no gym and thunderstorms so can't even walk. How many more cards can be stacked against me???

Well hold in there, you should talk to your clinic at the next weigh in. They can possibly up your dose of the AS for you. Your body does start to get used to the AS after a while, and needs more to be effective. My boyfriend had to up his dose after about the first month or so. Just try to stay strong, maybe try to find some chicken or beef broth to keep you a little bit full. Good luck....

Kelly

Desert-Rose7 04-03-2010 01:06 PM

I suggest that the next time you know you are travelling, check out our travel tips thread, and prepare ahead of time for the pitfalls that you know lay ahead. I never travel for work or for leisure without some medifriendly foods with me. It is much easier if you have something you know is medifriendly with you than having to suffer through "making do" and then being upset with yourself afterwards. The other thing you can do is focus on the positives, which is visiting with friends and family and taking the focus off the food. Negativity can harm you far more than eating a carrot.

Jo

eptexy 04-03-2010 01:59 PM

Thank you. Honestly I did read the travel threads and prepared the best I could. I just wasn't prepared for the constant smorgasbord of unhealthy food. Everyone is eating and constantly cooking. And like I said, it certainly doesn't help that I'm constantly hungry with cravings. I'm not sure if the net carb thing applies to my body. I've been eating the south beach bars so maybe that's why Im starving.

Ugh. I just want to go home to my chicken and lettuce. :(

Desert-Rose7 04-04-2010 01:56 PM

Check those South Beach bars very carefully. Some are high in calories and other things you really do not want in high quantities. There are others that are better. I cannot really comment too much on them since I do not buy them.

Jo

jp3girl 04-04-2010 05:37 PM

The March Thread was closed but thought I would share my March Numbers.... I started Medi Weight Loss on 3/11/2010 - so i have been on this program for 3 weeks in March....

My Starting Weight was 165.8
Weight as of April 1st 153.4

Total Weight Loss for the month Down 12.4 pounds
(8.4 pounds from fat, 3 pounds of water and 1 pound from muscle)

Looking forward to an AWESOME APRIL!