Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 06:58 AM   #181
Senior LCF Member
 
CCCOX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: DFW-TX
Posts: 111
Gallery: CCCOX
Stats: 195-135-135
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 1/5/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear_Carl View Post
Hey Ya'll haven't been around a computer lately, but I'm at week 22 and down 121lbs. I weigh in again tomorrow hoping for another good week!!!
That is so amazing!!
CCCOX is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2010, 10:19 AM   #182
Junior LCF Member
 
jcfischer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 37
Gallery: jcfischer
Stats: 217/165/130
WOE: Medi
Start Date: April 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear_Carl View Post
Hey Ya'll haven't been around a computer lately, but I'm at week 22 and down 121lbs. I weigh in again tomorrow hoping for another good week!!!
Congrats!! That is AWESOME!!! What encouraging words to hear for someone that just started YESTERDAY!!
jcfischer is offline  
Old 04-21-2010, 11:12 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member
 
Dragonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: In a beach town in NJ
Posts: 94
Gallery: Dragonfire
Stats: 5'5"/260/226/135
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 04/07/2010 Restart 01/08/2011
jcfischer

It was a crazy week. I did my best but the workout from Thurs and too much salt made me stall this week (so I think). I also got lax in journaling as work has been so crazy.

The good thing is I'm not letting this keep me down. I have managed to stay in ketosis (went from moderate to small) and I'm doing a clean eating again. Managed to convince my boss to let me go home at 4pm so I can get home at 6 instead of 8. No trip is perfect and there will be bumps ahead on my journey to being healthy and thin but the most important thing is to not give up.

Thanks for letting me vent. You guys are a wonderful source of inspiration that keeps me going.
__________________
Kasey

Dragonfire is offline  
Old 04-21-2010, 12:01 PM   #184
Senior LCF Member
 
lins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 607
Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Went for my 2nd week weigh-in and lost another 4 lbs, so that's a totaly of 9.4lbs in 2 weeks. I am thrilled. I am now in the 160's......167 to be exact. 32 lbs to go.......
lins is offline  
Old 04-21-2010, 01:03 PM   #185
Senior LCF Member
 
Sunshyn141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 81
Gallery: Sunshyn141
Stats: 213.2/171.51/150
WOE: Medi Weight-Loss
Start Date: July 28, 2009
Long Time No See!!

Haven't been around the thread for a while. After losing the 50 lbs I went on a financially-induced hiatus in November. I've kept the weight off for the past 5 months, but am now ready to get back on track to try and finish losing the last 20 lbs! Good to see old faces and new. Good luck this month, all!
Sunshyn141 is offline  
Old 04-21-2010, 01:22 PM   #186
Senior LCF Member
 
txntv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 164
Gallery: txntv
Stats: 5'5" 169.5/131/140
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: March 25, 2010
Finally! Lost 3.5lb (1lb of it water).
txntv is offline  
Old 04-21-2010, 04:38 PM   #187
Major LCF Poster!
 
Fit2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 2,592
Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Congratulations kristenb !!! Whoo Hoo!!
We had started about a week apart and you are almost 10 lbs loss ahead of me! I am down to 161 today (29 lbs loss) on my scale but will weigh in a MWL next Monday, so I'll post after then!
Fit2010 is offline  
Old 04-21-2010, 05:52 PM   #188
Senior LCF Member
 
jbiggars63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wichita, Ks
Posts: 586
Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 1/23/2009
Aww...just missed ONE-derland this morning! 200 pounds exactly! That is 293 pounds lost! SWEET!
jbiggars63 is offline  
Old 04-21-2010, 06:10 PM   #189
Senior LCF Member
 
SCgirlinFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Florida
Posts: 92
Gallery: SCgirlinFL
Stats: 259.4/181.8/140
WOE: Medi
Start Date: January 7, 2010
Can I get a WHOOT WHOOT!!!

Down another 4.2 lbs at weigh in today for a total of 66.6 lbs (yikes...mark of the beast...maybe I shld just stick w/ 66 lbs) lost in 15 weeks That's an average of 4.4 lbs/wk! Wow, I didn't realize that until now. It has been steady coming off and (knock wood) will continue to do so. I am kindof waiting for that slow down in losing some have talked about and always leave weigh in w/ a big WHEW! I was really shocked b/c all this past week I have felt like I was stalled and so I thought "this is it" so I got the B1/B6 shot on Monday, not saying it did the trick, but whatever it was just seemed to fall off b/w then and today. Hope everyone else is having a great week! It's my DS's bday tomorrow and celebrating w/ family over the weekend so I know the temptations will be great. Good luck to all, SCgirl
SCgirlinFL is offline  
Old 04-21-2010, 07:19 PM   #190
Senior LCF Member
 
cjbee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: miami fl
Posts: 76
Gallery: cjbee
Stats: 216.6/179/150
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: mar 17 2010
Hi all I survived Disney! It was kind of hard to stay on the medi plan-I stunk at tracking-but I made it through with out junk food! I felt a little sick the morning of day 2 and had a bad charlie horse eve day 1/morn day 2. I upped my fruit intake and my Powerade zero. I figured my diet was great for day to day life but the full days of running around at disney may call for a bit extra in the strawberry and hydration department. I also ate more fat and calories because breakfast was omlet for 2 of the days with parmesean, not my usual egg beaters with a low fat cheese or tky sausage. I did the best I could-I wish I would have tracked better though. I may have gone over my carb intake -like to 30 or 35 on at least 1 day. Unfortunately I do not know because my strips went bad I did cheat and have a single glass of red wine. I am hoping all the activity equals it all out. I guess my weigh in Friday will let me know and I get more strips then too.

hoping for the best CJ
cjbee is offline  
Old 04-21-2010, 07:20 PM   #191
Senior LCF Member
 
Mom on a mission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 93
Gallery: Mom on a mission
Stats: Ht 5' 7" 247/156.4/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCgirlinFL View Post
Down another 4.2 lbs at weigh in today for a total of 66.6 lbs (yikes...mark of the beast...maybe I shld just stick w/ 66 lbs) lost in 15 weeks That's an average of 4.4 lbs/wk! Wow, I didn't realize that until now. It has been steady coming off and (knock wood) will continue to do so. I am kindof waiting for that slow down in losing some have talked about and always leave weigh in w/ a big WHEW! I was really shocked b/c all this past week I have felt like I was stalled and so I thought "this is it" so I got the B1/B6 shot on Monday, not saying it did the trick, but whatever it was just seemed to fall off b/w then and today. Hope everyone else is having a great week! It's my DS's bday tomorrow and celebrating w/ family over the weekend so I know the temptations will be great. Good luck to all, SCgirl
Good for you SCgirl! Our Weight loss stats are very similar. I was at 65.8 for week 15. I have my week 16 weigh in on Fri. Hoping for at least a 1.3 loss to put me in the 170's!

I'm feeling the same way about the losses slowing down. Just feels like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. I am religiously following the plan, so I shouldn't be nervous at each weigh in, by I am!!

I think we're both doing fabulous and will be to goal in no time. I enjoy watching your progress, helps keep me motivated

Peace...
Sue
__________________
Yesterday does not equal tomorrow. Forget the past and move towards your goals.

REACHED GOAL WEIGHT ON 06/24/10
Total Loss: -90.6 lbs

Wellness...
Mom on a mission is offline  
Old 04-21-2010, 07:20 PM   #192
Senior LCF Member
 
cjbee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: miami fl
Posts: 76
Gallery: cjbee
Stats: 216.6/179/150
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: mar 17 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbiggars63 View Post
Aww...just missed ONE-derland this morning! 200 pounds exactly! That is 293 pounds lost! SWEET!
Awesome-you'll get it next week!
cjbee is offline  
Old 04-21-2010, 07:22 PM   #193
Senior LCF Member
 
cjbee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: miami fl
Posts: 76
Gallery: cjbee
Stats: 216.6/179/150
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: mar 17 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom on a mission View Post
Good for you SCgirl! Our Weight loss stats are very similar. I was at 65.8 for week 15. I have my week 16 weigh in on Fri. Hoping for at least a 1.3 loss to put me in the 170's!

I'm feeling the same way about the losses slowing down. Just feels like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. I am religiously following the plan, so I shouldn't be nervous at each weigh in, by I am!!

I think we're both doing fabulous and will be to goal in no time. I enjoy watching your progress, helps keep me motivated

Peace...
Sue
I am right there with you girls -after so much trouble losing weight on other diets I am still shocked with the losses as they continue-I think we are all going to get there. Best CJ
cjbee is offline  
Old 04-21-2010, 07:33 PM   #194
Senior LCF Member
 
cjbee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: miami fl
Posts: 76
Gallery: cjbee
Stats: 216.6/179/150
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: mar 17 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
That's more like it. You can do this!!!
Suzie we are all lucky to have you here on this post! I too retain water when building muscle -I totally am focused on the fat-thank goodness for the scales that tell us the diff-I know they are not 100 percent but hey sometimes we bloat and when dieting we need more to go buy then weight to keep our resolve. I wrote about my Disney trip above and would love your feedback

CJ
cjbee is offline  
Old 04-21-2010, 08:58 PM   #195
Senior LCF Member
 
Mom on a mission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 93
Gallery: Mom on a mission
Stats: Ht 5' 7" 247/156.4/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbee View Post
Hi all I survived Disney! It was kind of hard to stay on the medi plan-I stunk at tracking-but I made it through with out junk food! I felt a little sick the morning of day 2 and had a bad charlie horse eve day 1/morn day 2. I upped my fruit intake and my Powerade zero. I figured my diet was great for day to day life but the full days of running around at disney may call for a bit extra in the strawberry and hydration department. I also ate more fat and calories because breakfast was omlet for 2 of the days with parmesean, not my usual egg beaters with a low fat cheese or tky sausage. I did the best I could-I wish I would have tracked better though. I may have gone over my carb intake -like to 30 or 35 on at least 1 day. Unfortunately I do not know because my strips went bad I did cheat and have a single glass of red wine. I am hoping all the activity equals it all out. I guess my weigh in Friday will let me know and I get more strips then too.

hoping for the best CJ
CJ- Youre doing great, keep up the good work. As we can tell, it pays off!!

I hope you had a good time in Disney. I'm going w. hubby & kids in July. I'm glad to read that you could go, enjoy and still maintain your sanity on plan.

I wouldn't worry about the extra carbs all that much. I know from first hand experience, how much walking is involved in the daily routine there. Your body probably needed that extra fuel. I wish you luck at your weigh in Friday, I go Friday morning.

I go to Disney & Universal almost every year with family/friends. This will be such a pleasure this year since I WILL be at my goal weight by then. Last year I had trouble belting into the airplane and certain rides. I was mortified that I was close to being that person that they had to hold the ride for so they could escort you off for not "fitting" into the seat. Those days are over for me!!!
Mom on a mission is offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 04:39 AM   #196
Senior LCF Member
 
Determined Gemini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 282
Stats: 38:5'5 256.6/228.4/125
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 12/29/09 RI 12/10/10 RII 06/01/11 RIII10/08/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom on a mission View Post
Good for you SCgirl! Our Weight loss stats are very similar. I was at 65.8 for week 15. I have my week 16 weigh in on Fri. Hoping for at least a 1.3 loss to put me in the 170's!

I'm feeling the same way about the losses slowing down. Just feels like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. I am religiously following the plan, so I shouldn't be nervous at each weigh in, by I am!!

I think we're both doing fabulous and will be to goal in no time. I enjoy watching your progress, helps keep me motivated

Peace...
Sue
SCgirl and Sue you both are my motivation! Your numbers are impressive and proves over and over again that if you stick to the 'life style' change, the weight comes off.
When I see your numbers, it's reality check that I could of been there too by now. You live & learn and after Monday's weight-in it's surprising to me how great I've followed the plan to the T. Even the drinking all 128 ozs of water I used to complain of 'not' being able to drink because I gagged.
Any way I'm staying 110% focused and motivated. Thank you all for the motivation and inspiration!
~K
__________________
Mini goal #1: 175 by 7/31/11

Determined Gemini is offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 09:44 AM   #197
Senior LCF Member
 
cjbee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: miami fl
Posts: 76
Gallery: cjbee
Stats: 216.6/179/150
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: mar 17 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom on a mission View Post
CJ- Youre doing great, keep up the good work. As we can tell, it pays off!!

I hope you had a good time in Disney. I'm going w. hubby & kids in July. I'm glad to read that you could go, enjoy and still maintain your sanity on plan.

I wouldn't worry about the extra carbs all that much. I know from first hand experience, how much walking is involved in the daily routine there. Your body probably needed that extra fuel. I wish you luck at your weigh in Friday, I go Friday morning.

I go to Disney & Universal almost every year with family/friends. This will be such a pleasure this year since I WILL be at my goal weight by then. Last year I had trouble belting into the airplane and certain rides. I was mortified that I was close to being that person that they had to hold the ride for so they could escort you off for not "fitting" into the seat. Those days are over for me!!!
I know what you mean about the seats-It is so nice to have extra room!
cjbee is offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 01:09 PM   #198
Junior LCF Member
 
jcfischer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 37
Gallery: jcfischer
Stats: 217/165/130
WOE: Medi
Start Date: April 2010
I am so stoked to read how many have lost 50-60 lbs in 4-5 months. Do people think you're just melting away? How many sizes have you dropped in that amount of time?
I don't want to get my hopes up that I will be that successful...but it is SUCH AN INSPIRATION!!
jcfischer is offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 02:06 PM   #199
Major LCF Poster!
 
Desert-Rose7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,478
Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Well lets see, I have lost 112 pounds in just over 9 months and kept my weight stable now for almost 9 months. I went from a size 20 to 8/10, from XL to S/M. I journal EVERYTHING, and have a little spiral notebook with me always for a couple of reasons. It keeps me accountable by jotting down everything that goes in my mouth. Just a note or quick jot down. It all goes into the big spiral notebook every night when I get home from work, or travel, or shopping or wherever I have been during the day. I also wear my pedometer pretty much 24/7 and usually get in 12000-14000 steps a day. This is a lifestyle change, and everything I can use to keep myself accountable is a tool for that lifestyle. I LIKE wearing size 8/10, I LIKE looking good and being healthy, with a good BMI and fat % well within the normal range.
I LIKE the admiring looks from people. And most of all, I LOVE myself again. Life is good.

Jo
__________________
*.*Do or do not, there is no try*.*
Desert-Rose7 is offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #200
Senior LCF Member
 
Mom on a mission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 93
Gallery: Mom on a mission
Stats: Ht 5' 7" 247/156.4/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 2, 2010
Determined Gemini- thanks for saying I have helped motivate you. I appreciate the compliment! Glad to hear you're so committed this week. It's truly amazing what results you attain when you're so focused. You're doing so well- jump right back in the saddle! I wish you luck!

JC- Thanks! The weight truly feels like it's melting off. It's almost too good to be true! People don't know what to say to me, it's kind of funny! I think this Acute phase is easy so far. However, I am worried about how I will handle maintenance. I hope I can remain so committed.
I've gone from a size 22 pants to a 12 and from a tight xxl to a comfy large in tops. It feels great to go to put something on and find it falling off me! I'm so excited to get to a size 10, which is the size I was in my wedding day 21yrs ago!

Keep reading the posts on this sight. I cannot tell you how much I have relied on them to make it through the tough days.
Mom on a mission is offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 02:48 PM   #201
Senior LCF Member
 
CCCOX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: DFW-TX
Posts: 111
Gallery: CCCOX
Stats: 195-135-135
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 1/5/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
Well lets see, I have lost 112 pounds in just over 9 months and kept my weight stable now for almost 9 months. I went from a size 20 to 8/10, from XL to S/M. I journal EVERYTHING, and have a little spiral notebook with me always for a couple of reasons. It keeps me accountable by jotting down everything that goes in my mouth. Just a note or quick jot down. It all goes into the big spiral notebook every night when I get home from work, or travel, or shopping or wherever I have been during the day. I also wear my pedometer pretty much 24/7 and usually get in 12000-14000 steps a day. This is a lifestyle change, and everything I can use to keep myself accountable is a tool for that lifestyle. I LIKE wearing size 8/10, I LIKE looking good and being healthy, with a good BMI and fat % well within the normal range.
I LIKE the admiring looks from people. And most of all, I LOVE myself again. Life is good.

Jo

WELL SAID!!!
CCCOX is offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 04:32 PM   #202
Senior LCF Member
 
kristenb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 63
Gallery: kristenb
Stats: Ht: 5'2" 187.7/154.8/135
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 01/06/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfischer View Post
I am so stoked to read how many have lost 50-60 lbs in 4-5 months. Do people think you're just melting away? How many sizes have you dropped in that amount of time?
I don't want to get my hopes up that I will be that successful...but it is SUCH AN INSPIRATION!!
Made me laugh when you asked if people think we are melting away. I had a co-worker comment that I had "lost an ungodly amount of weight". Made me feel so good! Keep with this program, it is amazing!
kristenb is offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 06:42 PM   #203
Senior LCF Member
 
eptexy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 664
Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
I also wear my pedometer pretty much 24/7 and usually get in 12000-14000 steps a day.

Jo
Curious what pedometer do you have? I used to have a bodybugg but I truly don't want to pay for another subscription.
eptexy is offline  
Old 04-23-2010, 07:51 AM   #204
Senior LCF Member
 
lins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 607
Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I had an "it's too good to be true" moment this morning. It has just been really easy so far. I've even been to several parties and gatherings and I haven't really been tempted to cheat (yes it crosses my mind, but I've already told myself no so it's not hard). But then I went to the grocery store today and the freshly baked bread about did me in. I however stuck to my list and didn't bring anything home that I wasn't suppose to, except for a few things for my kids, but they don't temp me so it's not that big of a deal.

I have two questions today. I am really struggling with breafast. I am making good choices however, I am already so very tired of "breakfast" foods. I am really a cereal kind of girl, so it's just annoying to have to make eggs, or drink a whey shake..... Any advice?

Second. I lost 5 lbs the first week and 4 lbs the second week. I am 5'1 and currenty at 167lbs. I am stinking to the diet to a T, so I don't think food is an issue. However I would like to keep with those higher loss numbers. I know you can't control it, but I was wondering if I could have advice from those of you who have consistantly had good loss weeks what you do. I have been walking every day, but nothing more than that yet. I am a stay at home mom to 3 kids, 1 whom is with me 24/7, the other 2 go to school. The one who is home all the time is 2 and is kind of high maintance at the moment. She doesn't even sit well in a stroller right now although I know this will pass. And my husband works late a lot, and we have evening activies a lot. So finding time to do more than just walk is a bit challanging. Any advice on that?

Thanks so much for the help.
lins is offline  
Old 04-23-2010, 08:56 AM   #205
Senior LCF Member
 
Mom on a mission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 93
Gallery: Mom on a mission
Stats: Ht 5' 7" 247/156.4/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 2, 2010
A bit bummed out today...

Had my weigh in today with my lowest loss ever .8 lb. I know, I know, a loss is a loss, quit complaining! My mind understands that, but my heart doesn't. I was on such a high recently and feel a bit deflated. I've gone back over my journal to make sure I was following my own advice, and I was. Exercise was the same, etc. I dunno...

I guess I just have to chalk it up to TOM arriving this morning (the gift that keeps on giving) and just having an off week. I am determined to be pin-point focused this week and come back with a better loss next week.

Thanks for listening to me vent. Have a great weekend everyone!!

Peace...
Sue
Mom on a mission is offline  
Old 04-23-2010, 11:41 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member
 
Dragonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: In a beach town in NJ
Posts: 94
Gallery: Dragonfire
Stats: 5'5"/260/226/135
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 04/07/2010 Restart 01/08/2011
Sue: I know exactly how you feel about minimal loss. I'm there myself this week.

The good thing is that you have had an absolutely phenomenal weight loss thus far and your stats prove that. It proves that you're doing the right things and following the program. You're my inspiration to keep going despite little to no loss in a week.

The small loss probably has to due with TOM. I know I always gain some water at that time myself.

Keep your chin up. I know next week you'll have an amazing weight loss number!
Dragonfire is offline  
Old 04-23-2010, 12:12 PM   #207
Senior LCF Member
 
cjbee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: miami fl
Posts: 76
Gallery: cjbee
Stats: 216.6/179/150
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: mar 17 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
I had an "it's too good to be true" moment this morning. It has just been really easy so far. I've even been to several parties and gatherings and I haven't really been tempted to cheat (yes it crosses my mind, but I've already told myself no so it's not hard). But then I went to the grocery store today and the freshly baked bread about did me in. I however stuck to my list and didn't bring anything home that I wasn't suppose to, except for a few things for my kids, but they don't temp me so it's not that big of a deal.

I have two questions today. I am really struggling with breafast. I am making good choices however, I am already so very tired of "breakfast" foods. I am really a cereal kind of girl, so it's just annoying to have to make eggs, or drink a whey shake..... Any advice?

Second. I lost 5 lbs the first week and 4 lbs the second week. I am 5'1 and currenty at 167lbs. I am stinking to the diet to a T, so I don't think food is an issue. However I would like to keep with those higher loss numbers. I know you can't control it, but I was wondering if I could have advice from those of you who have consistantly had good loss weeks what you do. I have been walking every day, but nothing more than that yet. I am a stay at home mom to 3 kids, 1 whom is with me 24/7, the other 2 go to school. The one who is home all the time is 2 and is kind of high maintance at the moment. She doesn't even sit well in a stroller right now although I know this will pass. And my husband works late a lot, and we have evening activies a lot. So finding time to do more than just walk is a bit challanging. Any advice on that?

Thanks so much for the help.
I know just what you mean. I have been doing cottage cheese just to not have eggs. I think the thread on breakfast may have some other recipes and choices
cjbee is offline  
Old 04-23-2010, 03:10 PM   #208
Senior LCF Member
 
cjbee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: miami fl
Posts: 76
Gallery: cjbee
Stats: 216.6/179/150
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: mar 17 2010
Hi all I just wanted to report that my 2 week weigh in due to Disney was a success. The scale said 4.6lb loss but I lost 6.1bs of fat! I am at 194 haven't seen this in 3 years. My next weigh in I will only be overweight not obese! I still am amAzed with the results of this program after trying so many others and them not working! Yippy for medi-my mom may even try it now after swearing off diets!
cjbee is offline  
Old 04-23-2010, 03:19 PM   #209
Major LCF Poster!
 
SDC2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,421
Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbee View Post
Hi all I survived Disney! It was kind of hard to stay on the medi plan-I stunk at tracking-but I made it through with out junk food! I felt a little sick the morning of day 2 and had a bad charlie horse eve day 1/morn day 2. I upped my fruit intake and my Powerade zero. I figured my diet was great for day to day life but the full days of running around at disney may call for a bit extra in the strawberry and hydration department. I also ate more fat and calories because breakfast was omlet for 2 of the days with parmesean, not my usual egg beaters with a low fat cheese or tky sausage. I did the best I could-I wish I would have tracked better though. I may have gone over my carb intake -like to 30 or 35 on at least 1 day. Unfortunately I do not know because my strips went bad I did cheat and have a single glass of red wine. I am hoping all the activity equals it all out. I guess my weigh in Friday will let me know and I get more strips then too.

hoping for the best CJ
CJ,

It's funny you asked me to comment on your Disney trip. I live right down the street from Downtown Disney and my son does backstage for Animal Kingdom.

Anyhow, it sounds like you did fine. You probably burned off the extra carbs with all the activity. The leg cramps are most likely from low potassium and dehydration, so increasing your electrolyte beverage intake was a good thing. Be careful when ordering regular omelettes as you don't know what they put in them. I had a patient who said she was sitting at the bar at IHOP and ordered a cheese omelette. She was shocked when she saw them put in a big squeeze of pancake batter. She asked them about it and they said they always do that to make their omelettes fluffier. Needless to say she had them make another one without the batter. It is a safer bet to have either an eggbeater or egg white omelette.

If for any reason you are out of ketosis, just go back to week 1 for 3 days and retest. Keep up the good work!
__________________
Susie
SDC2 is offline  
Old 04-23-2010, 03:27 PM   #210
Major LCF Poster!
 
SDC2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,421
Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfischer View Post
I am so stoked to read how many have lost 50-60 lbs in 4-5 months. Do people think you're just melting away? How many sizes have you dropped in that amount of time?
I don't want to get my hopes up that I will be that successful...but it is SUCH AN INSPIRATION!!
I lost 65 pounds in 6 months and have kept it off for 10 months now. I went from a size 18/20 to a size 8/10. In the past I have never been smaller than a size 12. Becoming a counselor has really helped me stay accountable. I still journal and eat the medi way, just more of it. When I see my weight creep up I go back to protein and try to keep my carbs under 10g.

My husband has lost 46 pounds in a little over 2 months. Men!!!!! He is just 5 pounds away from his goal. He looks good though.
SDC2 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:26 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.