Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 10:58 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: maryk2121
Plan on joining Medi Weight Loss

Hello,

I really enjoy this site & reading all of your inspirational stories & all of your success stories. I am really excited. I have my consultation on Sat.
I have a few questions:

1. I have hypothyroidism & take medication. I assume my thyroid blood level will be checked.

2. I understand that many loose a lot of weight during the first week. Can you extend the 1st week diet for longer than the first week?

3. After the first week, how much do most people lose per week?

4. What exactly do the injections do? Do you find them beneficial?

5. Anyone else go to the Wakefield, MA office.

I am going to thank everyone ahead of time. I am really looking forward to this !!!!!
maryk2121 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2010, 12:13 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TCROOK
Stats: 155/155/130
WOE: MEDI WEIGHT LOSS
Start Date: 03/29/2010
I START MONDAY OF THIS MONTH AS WELL, SO I DONT HAVE ANY ANSWERS. I HAVE BEING CHECKING OUT THIS SITE AND IT COOL YET OVERWHELMING. IM LOOKING FOR A GROCERY LIST FOR WEEK 1. I FOUND 1 FOR AFTER WEEK 1. IF YOU COME ACROSS IT PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I WANT TO PREPARE ON THE WEEKEND BEFORE MY APPT MONDAY AND MY CHAOTIC WEEK BEGINS. THANKS
TCROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:43 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom on a mission
Stats: Ht 5' 7" 247/156.4/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryk2121 View Post
Hello,

I really enjoy this site & reading all of your inspirational stories & all of your success stories. I am really excited. I have my consultation on Sat.
I have a few questions:

1. I have hypothyroidism & take medication. I assume my thyroid blood level will be checked.

2. I understand that many loose a lot of weight during the first week. Can you extend the 1st week diet for longer than the first week?

I am going to thank everyone ahead of time. I am really looking forward to this !!!!!

maryk2121!

- I can't answer the question regarding hypothyroidism. I can tell you that at your initial consultation you will have blood drawn and tested along with an EKG. They will to go into great detail about your medical history. I'm sure the NP will have the answers you're looking for. They are very thorough.

-True, you do seem to see a large loss the first week. However, that's not the rule for everyone. I was lucky and lost 12.8 my first week. I know others who have lost 4-5 (which is still very good). They do not recommend extending your week 1 menu any further than that. It's very important to incorporate veggies and fruits back into your diet. I know that if you've had a particularly "bad" week, you can temporarily go back to your week 1 diet to get yourself back on track.

-Speaking only for myself, after the first week I've lost an average of 3.9lbs/week. Again, that's just my experience. I think it's safe to say you will lose between 1-3/week on average.

-I find the injections give me more energy. I always get 2 at my visit and try to get back mid-week for a 3rd.

-I don't go to the Wakefield office, but know of many people who have/do go there. They are very happy with their experience. I go to the Chelmsford office, mainly due to it's close proximity to my house. I like it, but don't love it.

I wish you the best of luck! I LOVE this program. I'm going for my week 12 weigh in tomorrow. So far I am down 51.2lbs in 11 weeks!

Happy to greet a fellow Bay stater on the site. Keep us posted on your progress.

REACHED GOAL WEIGHT ON 06/24/10
Total Loss: -90.6 lbs

Wellness...
Mom on a mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:53 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kristenb
Stats: Ht: 5'2" 187.7/154.8/135
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 01/06/2010
Quote:
Hello,

I have a few questions:

Hi Mary! Here is my best shot at your questions:

1. I also cannot comment on the hypothyroidism, but talk to your clinic and search this board, I have read of other people with the same condition and they had comments about it, I just can't remember them right now.

2. I lost 8.9 lbs my first week. Like you I thought, how can I do that again!!?? My husband (who is a medical major) and the clinic explained why it is not good to keep your body on that diet for an additional week. As "Mom" stated above, I have gone back to my week one diet for a day or two if necessary to get into ketosis, but I have not stayed longer than that. Your body needs those fruits and veggies, just keep it under 20g of carbs per day.

3. I was told 3-5 lbs per week after the first week, and when I am good about my exercise that seems to be true. Because I am not good about my exercise I have come in around 2 pounds lost per week (my exact stats are below in my signature). I am trying to get better about my exercising.

4. I only get one injection per week. I am told they give you energy. The other shot is supposed to help you get rid of some of the water weight. I have not gotten the water shot since getting it on my first visit because I have always lost water every week when I weigh in. If that changed, I might consider getting the shot. I don't have time to get the second "energy" shot so I don't. A lot of people say it helps them with their weight loss, so along with the decreased exercise my lack of a second energy shot could be why my numbers are lower than others.

5. I am not in MA, I am in FL, but if you are ever down here give me a shout!

Best of luck with the program, come here when you need motivation and support, everyone here is awesome and will give you support when you need it and a swift kick in the pants when you need that too! Take care, good to have you!
kristenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:18 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: maryk2121
Thanks for all of your advice. It is greatly appreciated. I am looking forward to my consultation. Does your health insurance help cover any of the cost of the consultation? How much do you usually exercise per week?
maryk2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:20 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom on a mission
Stats: Ht 5' 7" 247/156.4/160
Start Date: January 2, 2010
Quote:
Thanks for all of your advice. It is greatly appreciated. I am looking forward to my consultation. Does your health insurance help cover any of the cost of the consultation? How much do you usually exercise per week?
I have BC/BS and it's NOT covered, bummer I know.

I exercise 5-6 days/week. M/W/F I do a running program called Couch to 5K. Sun/Tue/Thu I do a workout DVD: Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I always do the running, but sometimes I only do 2 days of the DVD.
Mom on a mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 04:10 PM   #7
kvm
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kvm
I am on my 3rd week with Medi and have thyroid disease. Prior to starting, I met with my physician to see what he had to say about going on this diet. He was confident that it should not impact my TSH levels. I will require that he is copied on any bloodwork that is done so that I have another set of eyes watching.

I have worked very hard to get my TSH levels stabilized and dont' want everything to go haywire. On the other hand, as the weight comes off, some minor modifications may be required.

Good luck!
kvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:29 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Peachy1
Stats: 183/0/130
Start Date: 7/15/10
Hello everyone after reading all of your positive comments I have decided to join Medi. I am scheduled for Wednesday. Being unemployed at this time due to a company layoff this is truly sacrafice however I am ready!!!!! I have gained 50 pounds and have tried them all ..WW, Jenny Craig,South Beach, Calorie Shifting and the list goes on and on. I am afraid of failing however I do look forward to whats to come.
Peachy1 is offline   Reply With Quote