Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2010, 05:31 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jsd79
Stats: 190/179.2/150 - started 5/22/12 (190.4/186/155)
WOE: HCG, have tried everything
Start Date: 11/7/11
Deviated and I need a boost

So I was down 15 lbs my first month...then I got a stomach virus...lost 5 lbs in 1 week, then the following week I gained 2 lbs. From then on i was out of ketosis and "picking" at my kids' food. So for 2 weeks now I have not been in ketosis and I just hate the thought of having to go back to the all protein phase...Today i had a munchkin!!! Okay, not 1, but 3! I could cry thinking about it now. Instead of saying I'll get back on track tomorrow...i stopped. Thought about all of my hard work and had egg whites for dinner with 32 oz of water. I AM DETERMINED!!! Has anyone else fallen out of ketosis? How long did it take you to get back in? I'll have a gain this week, but keeping tomorrow's appt and going to work very very hard this week.

Thanks for reading/listening. I needed to vent.
jsd79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2010, 05:44 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: HeatherT
Stats: 192/137/130
WOE: Medi
Start Date: Dec 30, 2009
I am with you. I am on my 3rd month (week 11 maybe?) I am down 40lbs and have rarely cheated. Then last night I ate 1/2 a box of Girl Scout cookies and a bowl of ice cream (WHAT??) I think we just need to remember why we started this diet (and the bad habits that made us need to) and how good it works. I am busy searching recipes as i seem to have unleashed a sweet tooth, and planning out new meals for the week since I also seem to be bored. I find it almost impossible to go back to protein only so I am going to keep my veggies.

Great job on stopping mid-day (I know how hard that is!) and egg whites and water are a great step in the right direction!! I am sure I am out of ketosis (didn't even have the nerve to look) but I would imagine it would take no longer than the first time (so a couple days max)

Good luck, you can get back!!!
HeatherT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 05:52 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kellys
Stats: 195.4/186.0/145
WOE: LFL
Start Date: 3/18/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsd79 View Post
So I was down 15 lbs my first month...then I got a stomach virus...lost 5 lbs in 1 week, then the following week I gained 2 lbs. From then on i was out of ketosis and "picking" at my kids' food. So for 2 weeks now I have not been in ketosis and I just hate the thought of having to go back to the all protein phase...Today i had a munchkin!!! Okay, not 1, but 3! I could cry thinking about it now. Instead of saying I'll get back on track tomorrow...i stopped. Thought about all of my hard work and had egg whites for dinner with 32 oz of water. I AM DETERMINED!!! Has anyone else fallen out of ketosis? How long did it take you to get back in? I'll have a gain this week, but keeping tomorrow's appt and going to work very very hard this week. Thanks for reading/listening. I needed to vent.
JSD,

I just re-started the program a few days ago, so I'm not really an authority to be giving you advice, but I can definitely offer you my support! Honestly, I give you a lot of kudos for stopping and getting right back on track. That took a lot of willpower, bc knowing me I would have made the excuse to keep on going and re-start tomorrow. I'm proud of you

As far as ketosis, when I was following the LFL program in the past it would take me a full protein day to get back in ketosis. You're doing great, don't be too hard on yourself, because you did exactly what you should have... you picked yourself up, dusted off, and got right back on track-
Kellys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 05:57 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kellys
Stats: 195.4/186.0/145
WOE: LFL
Start Date: 3/18/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherT View Post
I am with you. I am on my 3rd month (week 11 maybe?) I am down 40lbs and have rarely cheated. Then last night I ate 1/2 a box of Girl Scout cookies and a bowl of ice cream (WHAT??) I think we just need to remember why we started this diet (and the bad habits that made us need to) and how good it works.
Heather,

40 lbs in 3 months? WOW great job! This is so inspiring in itself. You'll be happy to know today is the last day the Girl Scouts are selling cookies well, at least that's what they told me when I went to the market today....
Kellys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 06:00 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: becki.wilson
Stats: 224.8/206.8/150
Start Date: Feb 2010
JSD,
I'm with you...I've been off for a few days after being down 18 my first month. I'm scared to weigh myself since I'm starting the protein phase tomorrow and I know anything I may have gained will come off easily.

My huge problem now is that I'm so completely broke that I can't afford to pay to go to the appointments anymore. I considered putting it on a credit card but that's going to multiply so quickly. I'm just going to have to try to follow the plan without the shots, which I'm not feeling very comfortable about.

Now that I'm a part of this group, though, I know it will be easier!

Good luck!!
Becki
becki.wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:07 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sshals
Stats: 5'4" 264/192/132
Start Date: 02/2010
Quote:
....So for 2 weeks now I have not been in ketosis and I just hate the thought of having to go back to the all protein phase... (I) had egg whites for dinner with 32 oz of water.
Please understand that, with my below comments, I am not criticizing your choices. You are completely free to eat whatever proteins you want. If you love egg whites, then I say go for it!

But if you are like me and don't love egg whites then I have to repeat your statement in the form of a question (imagine the shocked tone of a good friend here): All you had for dinner were some egg whites and water????

Umm... I too would be hating the thought of the protein phase if that was going to be my dinner!! Sorry to knock egg whites, but you are restricting your diet, not punishing yourself!!! How about some lovely shrimp or salmon? Steak is on the list too. Chicken with Frank's Red Hot so it tastes like wings? Burgers made from the meat of your choice with mustard and dill pickles? Or at least have some Canadian bacon or turkey sausage with your egg whites...

You obviously got off to a good start and I am confident that you can get back on plan. When you do, make sure you at least enjoying what you can eat. It seems to make it easier to ignore the things you can't have.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:53 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
Quote:
So I was down 15 lbs my first month...then I got a stomach virus...lost 5 lbs in 1 week, then the following week I gained 2 lbs. From then on i was out of ketosis and "picking" at my kids' food. So for 2 weeks now I have not been in ketosis and I just hate the thought of having to go back to the all protein phase...Today i had a munchkin!!! Okay, not 1, but 3! I could cry thinking about it now. Instead of saying I'll get back on track tomorrow...i stopped. Thought about all of my hard work and had egg whites for dinner with 32 oz of water. I AM DETERMINED!!! Has anyone else fallen out of ketosis? How long did it take you to get back in? I'll have a gain this week, but keeping tomorrow's appt and going to work very very hard this week.

Thanks for reading/listening. I needed to vent.
I had a rough day today myself. I ate on plan, but I ate more than my calorie goal and that just frustrates me. Tomorrow is weigh in day - week 6 - and I just really struggled today. I was hungry. And wasn't sure what I really wanted - so a bit of turkey, an egg beater omelet, an EAS shake, a 100 calorie pack of those yummy chocolate almonds, etc. and I'm ending my day waaaaaay over my mark. I'm hoping for a decent number on the scale tomorrow but I feel like it's going to be a minimal loss this week.

Thanks for listening!
Old 03-23-2010, 06:35 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bb0325
Stats: 5' 2.5" 240/225/125
WOE: MWLC
Start Date: 01/14/2010; restart 08/24/2012
We all have our rough days, brush yourself off and pick yourself right up. It is easier said than done, i totally understand. these have been my experiences so far. Last week when it was fight night, I exceeded my caloric intake and went over 40g of carbs. I called the clinic that Monday morning and told them that I started back to day 1 on sunday and was told to do that once i reach ketosis. I did what was told and ended up doing the entire week. And then this past Sunday I munched on 49 wasabi almonds, just out of boredom. The rest of the day I had one light laughing cow cheese and sugar free jello. This site and everyone on here helps me stay on track and motivated, and makes me realise that we all will make goal. We just need to focus on our goal and see what we really want before we put anything into our bodies.
bb0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:46 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BAGS32
Stats: 177/150/145
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: 1/7/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by becki.wilson View Post
JSD,
I'm with you...I've been off for a few days after being down 18 my first month. I'm scared to weigh myself since I'm starting the protein phase tomorrow and I know anything I may have gained will come off easily.

My huge problem now is that I'm so completely broke that I can't afford to pay to go to the appointments anymore. I considered putting it on a credit card but that's going to multiply so quickly. I'm just going to have to try to follow the plan without the shots, which I'm not feeling very comfortable about.

Now that I'm a part of this group, though, I know it will be easier!

Good luck!!
Becki
Becki~

I am with you about the finances..................I love the program but simply cannot afford the weekly fee any longer. I too will be doing it on my own!!

My daily visits to this site should pull me through.

Best of luck.............
BAGS32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:28 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slbpl61
Stats: 5'8" 206/203/165
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 08/16/2013 Restart
Yeah, I have had some rough days as of late. I haven't swayed to eating things I shouldn't, I just lost sight of portion control....a bag of salt and vinegar pork rinds is better than a bag of doritos but still....it's a trigger food now. I never used to eat them before starting Medi but they definitely cure the need for crunch! I've been out of ketosis for 2 days now and hope I'll return tomorrow. Pork rinds, almonds and cool whip cannot be in my house because I have no control. I've been wanting to bake a low carb cheesecake I used to make years ago but am afraid it will do me in so until I am in maintenance and can budget for those things, I will pass. I have another 20-25 pounds to go since losing about 21 pounds so far and although I am disappointed in my set backs, I am so pleased with my progress. I can't even imagine eating the way I used to. Good luck to everyone as always. Week 6 weigh-in is this Friday morning and I'm hoping for a 2-3 pound loss. Maybe I will follow Week 1 this coming week to jump start myself again. Anyone have good success with doing that from time to time??