Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   HELP!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/666358-help.html)

miamom08 03-15-2010 05:51 PM

HELP!!
 
Hi,

I am on day 6 of my first week and WI tomorrow. I havent weighed myself all week but broke down and bought a scale. It is supposed to be a very acurate scale. When I saw my weight I almost cried. I am exactly the same weight I was when I weighed in last week. I have followed the plan to a T. I almost dont want to go to my WI tomorrow bcz Im so upset. Anyone know what is going on?

Cass

Mom on a mission 03-15-2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miamom08 (Post 13257767)
Hi,

I am on day 6 of my first week and WI tomorrow. I havent weighed myself all week but broke down and bought a scale. It is supposed to be a very acurate scale. When I saw my weight I almost cried. I am exactly the same weight I was when I weighed in last week. I have followed the plan to a T. I almost dont want to go to my WI tomorrow bcz Im so upset. Anyone know what is going on?

Cass

Cass-

First of all "Welcome to the Medi-World".

I'm sorry you're so upset about your weight tonight. However, I will tell you that my hubby did the same exact thing as you on his first week. He insisted on weighing himself mid-week. He was on the verge of cancelling his appt too. He was only seeing a 2lb loss the day before. I convinced him to go ahead with the appt. He saw a significant loss- 14lbs to be exact. Now I'm not saying the same will apply to you (although I hope it does).

Bottom line is that this program works in large part because you are taught to be accountable for your own progress/downfall. If you start postponing appts now, you will always find a reason to do it in the future. Also- and I cannot stess this enough- don't weigh yourself mid-week. My hubby and sis-in-law are on plan along with me. They insist on weighing at least 3-4 times/week. They are on a continuous emotional rollercoaster. Their moods each day are determined by how well they do on the scale. It's madness!!! I have enjoyed great success on this plan in the short time I've been here. I never, ever weigh in other than at clinic. I just don't see the value of stressing myself out every other day.

Week 1 can be emotionally and physically draining. I promise you, it gets better. Stick with it, stay on task and you'll do great. Go to your appt and let the chips fall where they may. Own the program, it works!!

Best of luck to you!!!

miamom08 03-15-2010 10:22 PM

Thanks. I am going to keep my appt, thats one of my old habits, to try and quit and I cant do it this time. So whether I lost weight this week or not I am going to weigh in and take it one day at a time. Thanks for the advice!

Mom on a mission 03-16-2010 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miamom08 (Post 13258457)
Thanks. I am going to keep my appt, thats one of my old habits, to try and quit and I cant do it this time. So whether I lost weight this week or not I am going to weigh in and take it one day at a time. Thanks for the advice!


My pleasure. Good luck today. Let us know how you do!!

Today's the start of a new day- breaking old habit. Believe me, I have lots of bad habits I've worked really hard to overcome!!

Justin1 03-16-2010 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miamom08 (Post 13258457)
Thanks. I am going to keep my appt, thats one of my old habits, to try and quit and I cant do it this time. So whether I lost weight this week or not I am going to weigh in and take it one day at a time. Thanks for the advice!


Take that scale and put it in your closet. Make yourself only weigh at Medi if you can.

It can really throw you off mentally if you are weighing yourself mid week or every morning...

miamom08 03-16-2010 12:21 PM

Well I went and weighed in and it wasn't as bad as I thought. I went down 5.3 lbs. YAY! It isn't as much as I was hoping for but it is something is better than nothing

Mom on a mission 03-16-2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miamom08 (Post 13260839)
Well I went and weighed in and it wasn't as bad as I thought. I went down 5.3 lbs. YAY! It isn't as much as I was hoping for but it is something is better than nothing

5.3 pounds is great! Good for you for keeping the appointment. Week 2 is nice- veggies and fruits in the mix, yummy.

amy1915 03-16-2010 06:27 PM

Also, there may be times when you don't lose lbs. due to water retention, but you will lose fat. You can always flush out the water, fat is much harder to get rid of so focus on that. You're doing great!

kellee107 03-17-2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miamom08 (Post 13260839)
Well I went and weighed in and it wasn't as bad as I thought. I went down 5.3 lbs. YAY! It isn't as much as I was hoping for but it is something is better than nothing

Hi Mia,

I don't live near a Medi clinic, so I don't have the option of weighing there...but I will tell you that no two scales are created equal!! Plus, it matters if they're on carpet or solid flooring (at least the home ones do)... So you can only compare a scale with itself...not another scale. I figured this out weighing on my scales at home and then going immediately over to my mom's house (5 min. away) and weighing there before I had eaten anything. My scales at home weighed me 2.5 pounds HEAVIER!!! So now I always weigh on my mom's scales. :hyst:

This plan is a sure thing! No matter how fast the scales move, they are GONNA move!! I'm glad you got 5.3 lbs your first week -- that's great!

Kelley

GirlInJersey 03-17-2010 06:30 PM

Mom on a Mission,

Your weight loss is so amazing! :up: I'm working really hard to do the same thing. I'm only in week two, but I lost 16 lbs. in week 1! I was shocked, the staff was shocked...it was an incredible feeling. I have so much to go, but seeing someone like you with such success makes me want to stay on track even more!

How often do you exercise? And what kind of exercises do you do? This is something I need to get going on!

Thanks for sharing your success, it helps us all! :cool:

Mom on a mission 03-17-2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GirlInJersey (Post 13266562)
Mom on a Mission,

Your weight loss is so amazing! :up: I'm working really hard to do the same thing. I'm only in week two, but I lost 16 lbs. in week 1! I was shocked, the staff was shocked...it was an incredible feeling. I have so much to go, but seeing someone like you with such success makes me want to stay on track even more!

How often do you exercise? And what kind of exercises do you do? This is something I need to get going on!

Thanks for sharing your success, it helps us all! :cool:

Hi GirlInJersey!
Wowwowow- 16 the first week, now that's really amazing. Good for you!!! Thanks for the kind words. I have been enjoying MWL so much more than I ever thought I could. It's truly a life altering experience for me.

I've been doing the Couch to 5K program on my treadmill. It basically does exactly what it says...gets you off the couch and training for a 5K. That's every other day. On the off days from that, I'm doing Jillian Michaels "30 Day Shred". I love it so much because it's FAST, but gives me a great work out. I am winded and sweaty by the end! That's all I'm doing for exercise. It's all I want to incorporate in for now. Who knows what tomorrow will bring though!

You are of to an unbelievable start. You sound like you have just the right attitude for MWL to succeed for you. Keep coming on this message board. It has been a Godsend for me. I have obtained more info here than I ever have from my clinic!!

Best of luck to you. I so loom forward to seeing your progress!!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:47 PM.