Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 06:13 PM   #241
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bb0325
Stats: 5' 2.5" 240/225/125
WOE: MWLC
Start Date: 01/14/2010; restart 08/24/2012
I met part of my goal by reaching a 40lb loss by my birthday which is in two days. Weighed in this morning at the clinic for a loss of 5.6lbs for a grand total of 43lbs.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2010, 06:25 PM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbiggars63 View Post
Happy Birthday to me! Feel like i'm 27 instead of the 47 I really am! Amazing what nearly a 300 pound loss does for you! Celebrated with a spin class this morning! WOOT!

493 / 217 / 193 276 pounds lost
Happy birthday!! You are so inspiring!!
Old 03-24-2010, 05:10 AM   #243
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Happy birthday and congrats on everyone's losses!!!!

I had another small loss but a total of 4 lbs fat lost which makes up for last week. I've lost a total of 12.5 in 3 weeks. I had a good talk with the doctor because I was hoping for bigger losses but she explained that physiologically I'm not able to lose more than what I'm losing now. This is all very scientific and I'm learning so much!

I also went to Costco yesterday and wanted to share a particular food find. They have these chicken sausages with fontina cheese and spinach. 110 calories for a BIG link and no carbs! They are to die for wrapped in a butter leaf lettuce with sauerkraut, mustard, and sugar free ketchup. Definitely check that one out!

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!
Old 03-24-2010, 06:50 AM   #244
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CCCOX
Stats: 195-135-135
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 1/5/10
Hi Kristen--thanks!

1. I walk maybe 3-4 times a week about 30 minutes up and down hills-my neighborhood is crazy with hills! Sometimes I pull the wagon with the girls and that is twice the work out. I do the wii fit about 1 time a week-but really do not count that

2. I drink 33 oz of smart water and then atleast 66 oz of regular water from the same bottle and then whatever I have with my meals-I do not measure that water out-so over 100 a day-

3. I am a creature of habbit--so many of what I eat I know-every day for Breakfast I have half an apple with alittle peanut butter-so I know my calories-but I certainly journal if I am eating something new-I have an excel spread sheet that I keep cals-and carbs- my scale weight that morn and the weigh in scale weight for that week

4. I get both shots on Tuesday mornings and then the second b 12 shots on Fridays or sometimes Thursdays-I do not pay for the other one mid week

5. Yes I do get it once a week

6. I do not do too many veggies-besides onions and peppers-and half an apple a day-I stick to protein-sometimes about 3 days a week I add in cheese-be it queso (just a little for chicken fajita meat) or melt shredded cheese on my sausage or chicken--I chew about two pieces of trident gum a day-but no other candy. I love candy and I had to make that decision

I have not cheated at all-not one lick or bite-no cool whip or anything else to make me want something sweet-

I also have found eating a big meal after 3 or 4 does not work for me-try to keep my evening food under 125 cals at the maximum. I do my best to never go over the 500 cals--in any form or fashion.

I am preparing for next Tuesday-on Wed will my our 9 year anniversary so we are going out to a very nice restraunt-I know going into it-I may have to adjust my cals for that one night-mainly still protein-but still want to think about it with a level head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenb View Post
Congratulations!! And now I have some questions! What are you doing each week? More specifically:

1. what is your workout plan?
2. how much water do you drink everyday?
3. are you still really careful about journaling?
4. do you get the second pink shot during the week?
5. do you get the alternative shot when you go for your weekly appt?
6. do you strictly eat meat and vegetables or do you have cheese, yogurt, SF candy, etc?

Thanks if you make it all the way through these questions, just trying to figure out what we are doing differently so I can try and improve! Congrats again!

I want to see myself in pictures again-

I want my girls to know the me that is under my weight-

I want to be the Cori I used to be !
Old 03-24-2010, 07:39 AM   #245
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 38:5'5 256.6/228.4/125
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 12/29/09 RI 12/10/10 RII 06/01/11 RIII10/08/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCOX View Post
Hi Kristen--thanks!

1. I walk maybe 3-4 times a week about 30 minutes up and down hills-my neighborhood is crazy with hills! Sometimes I pull the wagon with the girls and that is twice the work out. I do the wii fit about 1 time a week-but really do not count that

2. I drink 33 oz of smart water and then atleast 66 oz of regular water from the same bottle and then whatever I have with my meals-I do not measure that water out-so over 100 a day-

3. I am a creature of habbit--so many of what I eat I know-every day for Breakfast I have half an apple with alittle peanut butter-so I know my calories-but I certainly journal if I am eating something new-I have an excel spread sheet that I keep cals-and carbs- my scale weight that morn and the weigh in scale weight for that week

4. I get both shots on Tuesday mornings and then the second b 12 shots on Fridays or sometimes Thursdays-I do not pay for the other one mid week

5. Yes I do get it once a week

6. I do not do too many veggies-besides onions and peppers-and half an apple a day-I stick to protein-sometimes about 3 days a week I add in cheese-be it queso (just a little for chicken fajita meat) or melt shredded cheese on my sausage or chicken--I chew about two pieces of trident gum a day-but no other candy. I love candy and I had to make that decision

I have not cheated at all-not one lick or bite-no cool whip or anything else to make me want something sweet-

I also have found eating a big meal after 3 or 4 does not work for me-try to keep my evening food under 125 cals at the maximum. I do my best to never go over the 500 cals--in any form or fashion.

I am preparing for next Tuesday-on Wed will my our 9 year anniversary so we are going out to a very nice restraunt-I know going into it-I may have to adjust my cals for that one night-mainly still protein-but still want to think about it with a level head.
Wow EXCELLENT! It explains your great results. I will no longer complain when I don't see a lot of weight loss since I have strayed away.
Thank you, nice motivation
Old 03-24-2010, 08:17 AM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Sorry if I sounded to harsh-I went into this looking to lose weight but most importantly looking for a lifestyle change-

I have tried diets before and if I screwed up at all I fell off the band wagon and hated how that felt-so I did this as a life style change-

I saw myself in a picture and cried-that is not me-and I do not want to be that person ever again-

So I have REALLY stuck to my guns. I know it will pay off with hard work!

And the fact that I am paying money for this program-every time I have wanted a bite-I remind myself I do not want to pay 70.00 a week all the time--one bite could add an entire week to my goal! I plan is to be in maintance by May 1 my birthday!
Old 03-24-2010, 09:11 AM   #247
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CommanderMander
Stats: 238/216/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: February 19 2010
WOOOOO HOOOOOO!

Okay, so technically this Friday will be the end of 5 weeks, but I weighed in this morning and I'm at 216 lbs! Total Loss - 22 lbs!

I'm so excited that I've made my first mini goal of 20 lbs in less than 5 weeks!
I will be doing my Happy Dance all over the office today
Old 03-24-2010, 09:17 AM   #248
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderMander View Post
Okay, so technically this Friday will be the end of 5 weeks, but I weighed in this morning and I'm at 216 lbs! Total Loss - 22 lbs!

I'm so excited that I've made my first mini goal of 20 lbs in less than 5 weeks!
I will be doing my Happy Dance all over the office today

YEA!!!!
Old 03-24-2010, 09:43 AM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marymo
Stats: 292/197/187
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: Dec 2, 2009
Hi, everyone....at my Medi-Clinic they have been out of the Medi Bars (both the chocolate and cinnamon pecan and they are on back order). I do NOT like the Pomegranate one, it's too tarty sweet for me.

Do you know if there is a comparable replacement bars where I can buy that is similar nutrition protein wise? I like to carry them in my purse or at the office, in case I am rushed and cannot eat my lunch or forget my lunch.

Thanks!
Old 03-24-2010, 09:46 AM   #250
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Carolb29
Stats: 257/242/160
Start Date: 2/24/2010
Yeah! Just had my one month and I'm at 15 lbs off total! I think it was all the extra gardening I did this week! I will dance for my marigolds when I get home.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:57 AM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Congratulations!! And now I have some questions! What are you doing each week? More specifically:

6. do you strictly eat meat and vegetables or do you have cheese, yogurt, SF candy, etc?

Thanks if you make it all the way through these questions, just trying to figure out what we are doing differently so I can try and improve! Congrats again!
Hi all. Have not posted in a while but I am still plugging along and read the posts from time to time! It is nice to see everyone's losses.

Figured I would put in my $.02 and answer your questions

1. what is your workout plan? - I workout 5-6 days a week and do a little of everything. I belong to a gym and love the classes there. I spin 2 days a week, do body combat or attack 2 days and pilates 1 day a week. I also run 3 miles, 3 days a week.
2. how much water do you drink everyday? - 1 gallon. I buy the large 33 oz Smart Water bottles and drink 5-6 of them a day. I use 1 a day so 33 oz has the electrolytes. I also use the crystal light hydration lemon flavor once a day in a bottle.
3. are you still really careful about journaling? - yes...for the most part...I have had my off weeks where I did not journal. I was using a website to journal and just went back to journaling in the medi journal.
4. do you get the second pink shot during the week? Yes
5. do you get the alternative shot when you go for your weekly appt? Yes
6. do you strictly eat meat and vegetables or do you have cheese, yogurt, SF candy, etc? I eat protein, veggies, fruit, cheese. I eat the Fage 0% Fat Greek Yogurt at least 4 times per week and also drink the EAS shakes almost every day. I do not eat sugar free candy. I am too nervous that would be a disaster and I would get out of hand. I have relied heavily on the recipes and they have helped me mix things up and still enjoy food.

Hope this helps!
Old 03-24-2010, 11:20 AM   #252
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Amyloo
Stats: 171/154.6/135
Start Date: April 2010
Thanks Kate and Cori for responding to the questions. And thanks Kristen for asking them. I was curious too what routine those who have been successful have. And Kristen, you should be answering those questions yourself... 30 lbs in 2 1/2 months is pretty incredible! Penciling in my spin class now.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:22 AM   #253
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Amyloo
Stats: 171/154.6/135
Start Date: April 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolb29 View Post
Yeah! Just had my one month and I'm at 15 lbs off total! I think it was all the extra gardening I did this week! I will dance for my marigolds when I get home.
Yay Carol!! Not only did you lose 15 but it looks like you are losing more and more each weigh in. Congrats!
Old 03-24-2010, 11:39 AM   #254
Senior LCF Member

I'm confused - I swear I was told that you need to eat around 500 calories protein (more if you're hungry) and then add in your vegs/fruit. Aim for around 700 calories a day. Am I wrong? Cori, I think we are at the same clinic so I'm particularly interested in your answer. I may have misunderstood.

Thanks!
Old 03-24-2010, 11:41 AM   #255
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kristenb
Stats: Ht: 5'2" 187.7/154.8/135
Start Date: 01/06/2010
Thank you so much Kate and Cori for answering those questions! You guys gave me some great insight and some great motivation! I think the piece of the puzzle that I am missing is the exercise. I was doing great in the beginning, then my schedule changed at work and it is harder to get to the gym when my classes are offered. I have other (less desirable) options that I will use in the meantime. Thanks again for taking the time to go through them, what a huge help!

And congrats to everyone that has lost this week! I'm down another 1.6 lbs, so I'm happy about that, just trying to figure out how to get rid of it faster!! Have a great week everyone!
Old 03-24-2010, 11:51 AM   #256
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
I'm confused - I swear I was told that you need to eat around 500 calories protein (more if you're hungry) and then add in your vegs/fruit. Aim for around 700 calories a day. Am I wrong? Cori, I think we are at the same clinic so I'm particularly interested in your answer. I may have misunderstood.

Thanks!
I was told to keep it close to 500 calories and add in the 1 serving of fruit and or veggies-but I do my best to keep total count at 500
Old 03-24-2010, 12:11 PM   #257
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
My 2 Cents too! :-)

Quote:

1. Do something every day and target for 150 calories burned. Whether its walking/running/cycling.
2. Average 112 oz per day - sometimes more, sometimes less - depends on activities.
3. Yes, every time I put something in my mouth - I write in the journal - I even post here under the Exercise in/out thread.
4. Yes
5. Yes
6. Meat/Chicken/Fish at minimum 500 calories (sometimes more). I drink coffee daily with Splenda and Coffee Mate. Most days I eat my two cups of fruits and veggies. But, Im not going to post here and say I haven’t made my mistakes. I have succumbed to temptation plenty of times - but I always manage to get back up and continue the plan. Its taken me longer than I wanted, but Im here until I get it right.

Ps. While you didnt ask, I think its important = I take ALL my vitamins/burners/calcium pills/omega oils/colon cleans/prescription at the recommended times. Overall, I think this has been a BIG help in the whole process.

Last edited by DreamWarrior; 03-24-2010 at 12:20 PM.. Reason: Added Ps.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:40 PM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SCgirlinFL
Stats: 259.4/181.8/140
Start Date: January 7, 2010
Week 11 weigh in

Hello everyone...I am doing the happy dance today I got my Week 11 weigh in results and lost 5.8lbs (stomach flu probably helped w/ that ) anyway that put me losing a total of 50.8lbs so far. YEAH...my birthday is Friday and I couldn't have gotten a better present Hope everyone is doing well, SCgirl
Old 03-24-2010, 06:16 PM   #259
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sshals
Stats: 5'4" 264/192/132
Start Date: 02/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post

Thanks!
My clinic advised only counting protein calories. I don't worry at all about the calories that come from the other allowable things on the program.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:17 PM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amy1915
Stats: 230/230/130
Start Date: Started Over 9/2012 after 76lb loss in 2010.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCgirlinFL View Post
Hello everyone...I am doing the happy dance today I got my Week 11 weigh in results and lost 5.8lbs (stomach flu probably helped w/ that ) anyway that put me losing a total of 50.8lbs so far. YEAH...my birthday is Friday and I couldn't have gotten a better present Hope everyone is doing well, SCgirl
That is incredible! I am chomping at the bit to get to 50. Happy birthday (tomorrow)!
Old 03-24-2010, 07:19 PM   #261
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbiggars63 View Post
Happy Birthday to me! Feel like i'm 27 instead of the 47 I really am! Amazing what nearly a 300 pound loss does for you! Celebrated with a spin class this morning! WOOT!

493 / 217 / 193 276 pounds lost
Wishing you a very happy and belated birthday Jerry!!!!
Old 03-25-2010, 06:44 AM   #262
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Justin1
Stats: 324.5/197/190
Start Date: 4/15/09
500 Protein + other things like your dairy/veggies.

Very important to get all that protein in. Please make sure you clarify that with your clinic.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:45 AM   #263
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amy1915
Stats: 230/230/130
Start Date: Started Over 9/2012 after 76lb loss in 2010.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin1 View Post
500 Protein + other things like your dairy/veggies.

Very important to get all that protein in. Please make sure you clarify that with your clinic.
Yes, I got busted at my weigh in this am for under-eating...which is probably why I only lost 3lbs. I'm bummed. But, on the other hand its a loss of 45lbs in 10 weeks. I am just dying to hit the 50lb mark.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:22 AM   #264
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mcdmags
Stats: 224/196/150
Start Date: February 10, 2010
My goal for March was to be out of the 200s. Today I met that goal -- with a week to spare! Haven't seen 199 since 1994!
Old 03-25-2010, 10:31 AM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom on a mission
Stats: Ht 5' 7" 247/156.4/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 2, 2010
Quote:
SCgirlinFL:
Congrats on hitting the 50lb mark! Sorry to hear you were so sick though, that's no fun.

It's cool that our numbers are so similar... I'm down 51.2 lbs @ 11 wks. We're only .4 lbs apart!! The hard work clearly pays off!!

I'm going for my Wk 12 weigh in tomorrow. Hoping for more than last week! So happy to be back in the 100's!

Peace...
Sue
Old 03-25-2010, 11:45 AM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kristenb
Stats: Ht: 5'2" 187.7/154.8/135
Start Date: 01/06/2010
Thanks again everyone for sharing how you "work" the Medi plan.

I have another question, has anyone taken the 105mg Phendimetrazine pill? Mine are 35mg and I take them 3x's per day. From what I am reading, this is simply taken once per day and lasts for 10-14 hours, depending on the person. Just wanted to see if anyone had experience with this. If I could take away another pill during the day that would be great, I HATE swallowing pills! (and getting shots, how did I pick this plan again?! oh yeah, it works!)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 03-25-2010, 12:39 PM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Hey Kristen,

I also take the pill 3x's a day. When given the choice, I chose this one b/c I can control when I need an AS vs when I don't. Ex...I don't take one in the am b/c I am not hungry. I take 1 30 min b/4 lunch and 2 @ 5 b/c my cravings come out BIG time at night. Wether you take the 1 or 3 I think depends on you and how your hunger flows...I just felt more in control w/ the 3...but I AM a control freak so whenever I have the chance I take it Good luck, SCgirl
Old 03-25-2010, 12:42 PM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Hello fellow posters, I have a question for you. I anyone having problems w/ their hair falling out? I started to notice an increase in mine a couple of weeks ago wh/ wld mean I had been on the program about 10 weeks. I asked the doc and he said it was a possible side effect, but it was short term. Now I don't know about you, but short term or not, this does not sit well w/ me. Anyone else having this problem and if so...how are you coping? Thanks, SCgirl
Old 03-25-2010, 01:01 PM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lucas33
Stats: start:222/current:222/goal:165
Start Date: 1/14/10
Quote:
Hello fellow posters, I have a question for you. I anyone having problems w/ their hair falling out? I started to notice an increase in mine a couple of weeks ago wh/ wld mean I had been on the program about 10 weeks. I asked the doc and he said it was a possible side effect, but it was short term. Now I don't know about you, but short term or not, this does not sit well w/ me. Anyone else having this problem and if so...how are you coping? Thanks, SCgirl
This happen to me on my first go around on Medi when I lost 40 pound. It definitely freaked me out but it did slow down then completey stopped. My doc recommended the omega supplements.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:04 PM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Yes, definitely - my clinic handed me the bottle of Omegas and said, "If you want to keep your hair, take these." I've since realized that I'm allergic to whatever Medi uses as a preservative in the omegs and shots so while I couldn't take theirs anymore, I did get another one and take them religiously! I'm kind of attached to my hair!
Closed Thread