Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 05:58 PM   #121
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: thinin10
Stats: 217/160
Start Date: 1/19/2010
Hi everyone. I haven't posted in a while, I just wanted to say that Im still here and down 17.8

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2010, 06:15 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SCgirlinFL
Stats: 259.4/181.8/140
WOE: Medi
Start Date: January 7, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinin10 View Post
Hi everyone. I haven't posted in a while, I just wanted to say that Im still here and down 17.8
Yeah thinin10! Congrats! Glad to see you are doing well
Old 03-10-2010, 06:21 PM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas33 View Post
Im still working on getting back into ketosis after falling out. Question, do most of you stay in Ketosis?
Lucas33, I hate to even say it, but fortunately I have been in Ketosis since my first week (knock on wood) I usually flucuate b/w slight & moderate. After my first week or so I was consistantly in Moderate...when I added fruit and some other things I dropped to slight and FREAKED out! After talking w/ my doc, he confirmed that as long as you are in Ketosis...regardless of what level...you are burning fat vs carbs, so it was OK to move up and down the scale as long as you stayed somewhere on it. If I move to the slight end of the spectrum I usually cut back on the carbs for a day or so and I move back up. Good Luck, SCgirl
Old 03-10-2010, 06:37 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
Oh thank you so much ladies - it helps tremendously! They did tell me to keep carbs between 0-20 a day in week 1. I guess I thought it might change in week 2. I know this will eventually become 2nd nature but right now I'm kind of in obsession mode trying to figure everything out. Right now I'm meal planning and trying to figure out how to feed my family and myself at the same time! Last night they ordered pizza and I hunkered down in the office to avoid the smell. lol THAT definitely needs to change! Oy!

Ok, and what about exercise? I do exercise daily but I'm not sure how to calculate calories burned. And would I add those calories back into my diet as protein or just ignore it?
No worries, we have all been where you are. Once you get a few B,L & D's you can fall back on w/o having to think about it, you will relax a bit and even begin to venture into new recipes on this site. Regarding the exercise, my doc isn't to worried about the calories burned. He just wants me to workout atleast 3x's a week for 30 min. I think it is just to get those of us who have been "couch potatoes" for lack of a better term, out and moving. He said if/when I begin to strength train w/ weights and things then we wld look at adding more protein, but for the cardio I just see it as extra carbs I have eaten that day burned off faster and more fat to burn. I don't eat anymore or less if I exercise or not. Then again I am exercising at most 4-5x wk walking moderate pace for abt 45 min-1 hr. I also have a watch wh/ keeps track of my heartrate and calories burned when exercising...nice to have, but I don't think it's necessary.

So to sum up, I would exercise when you can, as much as you feel comfortable doing, but continue w/ you daily calories of protein vs carbs as usual regardless of if you exercise that day or not. Again, this is just my way and may not work for everyone. Good luck, SCgirl

Last edited by SCgirlinFL; 03-10-2010 at 06:40 PM..
Old 03-10-2010, 08:06 PM   #125
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bb0325
Stats: 5' 2.5" 240/225/125
WOE: MWLC
Start Date: 01/14/2010; restart 08/24/2012
Hi Justgin, as far as exercise I walk in the morning with our dog and then I walk again after work with the dog. I walk about 1.5 miles a day. On the weekends I do the best I can to keep up with my girls in Tahitian class.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:12 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

What is this "turkey roll" I have seen mentioned several times lately? I was never given this recipe. Thanks, SCgirl
Old 03-11-2010, 06:17 AM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Great - thanks for the advice on exercise. I think I'll do the same as you. Maybe be a bit more flexible with protein but not really technically add more calories. If anything, it will simplify things.

As for the turkey roll, I think basically it's a lettuce leaf and deli turkey rolled up and dipped in mustard. Sometimes I add laughing cow cheese. Or no lettuce. Super yummy.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:04 AM   #128
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kellee107
Stats: 316/289/175
WOE: Lean for Life
Start Date: 3/08/2010
Hi all,

Just checking in to say Keep It Up Everyone!! Great job!!
And that I lost another 3.5 pounds yesterday. Could I just stay in week one forever?!

Have a great day!
Kelley
Old 03-11-2010, 09:39 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shimbus
Stats: 190/182/140
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 1/23/2013
Good morning,

Lost 2 pounds this week but I was up 1 pound in fat!! Not quite sure how that happened or what I did wrong this week. I'll need to watch my fat grams more this week I think. But still happy for the loss.

Everyone on here is doing so good. Very motivating!
Old 03-11-2010, 10:48 AM   #130
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GirlInJersey
Stats: 291.2/207.0/180(for now)
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: March 9, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellee107 View Post
Hello everyone,

I hope you don't mind me joining the conversation...I have been lurking for a while (Medifast stalker!), and was trying to decide whether or not to do this program, since there is no Medifast clinic near where I live. But, as best as I was able to discern from the information, I thought this would be a good plan for me, so I decided to call it Medifast My Way.

I started on Monday, and when I weighed this morning, I was already down 10 pounds! Wow! I'm very pleased with the results thus far. Of course, when you look at my stats, you'll see that I've got quite a lot to lose, so I expect to have a big drop at the beginning. Hopefully, when it slows down, I'll keep with it!

I want to lose enough to get my body in shape to get pregnant later this year!

Have a great day everyone!
Kelley
I'm in the same boat as you Kelley! A baby is my goal as well and I have about the same amout of weight to lose. Good luck!
Old 03-11-2010, 12:41 PM   #131
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlInJersey View Post
I'm in the same boat as you Kelley! A baby is my goal as well and I have about the same amout of weight to lose. Good luck!
Hey Jersey Girl,

That is soooo awesome that we're pretty much in the same boat! Hopefully, six months from now, the boat will be sitting up a little higher in the water. Let's keep each other motivated!

I am eating a 100-calorie pack of Emerald's cocoa dusted almonds right now. This is the first time I've tried them. I don't know who first mentioned them on this forum, but whoever you are, I totally love you!!!

Kelley
Old 03-11-2010, 01:06 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slbpl61
Stats: 5'8" 206/203/165
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 08/16/2013 Restart
I bought some of those almonds yesterday and LUV them! I usually get the natural ones but those are a nice treat!

I weigh in tomorrow for my 3 week weigh in but this week has really been hard. I've gone over my calories and carbs on 2 days but was only out of ketosis for one. I managed to get into trace and small levels on consecutive days since. I never ate anything not on the plan just craved veggies and well exceeded my daily limits. I have not had any fruit as of yet. I am taking the phentermine 37.5 1x day. I have taken both those and the phendimetrazine in the past. I told the clinic I have had better results with the phentermine and preferred those but now I am not so sure. I have tried taking the AS later in the morning and I have also split one and taken them at 2 separate times. Not sure if they will up my dose on those for awhile but I hope to get the appetite under control. I always get both injections and this week I went in for a 2nd shot. I am hoping to maintain my loss as I really don't think I have gained anything but tomorrow will tell!!

Old 03-11-2010, 03:52 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellee107 View Post

I am eating a 100-calorie pack of Emerald's cocoa dusted almonds right now. This is the first time I've tried them. I don't know who first mentioned them on this forum, but whoever you are, I totally love you!!!

Kelley
I keep meaning to look for these in the store but I'm almost scared of them. LOL Chocolate and almonds all in one? That might be too much for me.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:17 PM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amy1915
Stats: 230/230/130
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: Started Over 9/2012 after 76lb loss in 2010.
Hey LCF's - Week 8 -3.0 (grr). Was hoping for more.
Still,... 37 lbs in just under 8 weeks so I'm not complaining. KUTGW everyone!!!
Old 03-11-2010, 05:26 PM   #135
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I keep meaning to look for these in the store but I'm almost scared of them. LOL Chocolate and almonds all in one? That might be too much for me.
Ha! I can relate! Chocolate-covered almonds are one of my favorite treats! So, right now, I probably wouldn't get them in the tin...I buy the 100-calorie packs so the portion is controlled. They are just dusted with cocoa, so the chocolate taste is hardly overpowering...however, this is TOM for me (when I usually inhale chocolate the size of buildings) So, to be able to have a treat that tastes of chocolate PLUS is good for me PLUS is controlled calories PLUS is only 3g carbs is AWESOME!

Thank you God!
Old 03-11-2010, 05:30 PM   #136
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: supermom03
Stats: 221/211.5/150
WOE: Medi Weigh-loss
Start Date: 3/2/10
I have a question about journaling I have started week 2 and I wanted to know for sure in my journal am I am recording my protein calories and not my snacks or veggies. I didn't really get that in the consult. I just want to make sure so that I dont go over calories you know
Thanks
Old 03-11-2010, 07:12 PM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kristenb
Stats: Ht: 5'2" 187.7/154.8/135
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 01/06/2010
Hi Supermom, yes, you are right. You only count the calories in your protein. But, just make sure in regards to your veggies that you do not exceed a total of 20 carbs per day. So calories on the protein and carbs on everything else.

Only down 1.4 lbs this week. I didn't quite make it under 160. Just one more pound to go though. I think I'm having a really hard time getting enough water in. I think I only get about 90 ounces per day. Seriously, by the end of the day, the taste of the water just makes me feel ill. I'm trying to mix it up a little. Like in the morning I have hot water with lemon slices, and in the afternoon I drink a bottle of that Fruit'2'0 stuff. I'm trying to trick my body into being ok with how much liquid is going in! Anyone have anything they do to make sure they get in their water without just HATING water by the end?
Old 03-11-2010, 07:20 PM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenb View Post
Anyone have anything they do to make sure they get in their water without just HATING water by the end?
You must not be on the AS! When I don't take it, I'm just not thirsty. When I do take it, I can't get enough water! Big time dry mouth! Maybe when the weather warms up, you will crave it more. I just tried flavored water today and it was GOOD! I also got some crystal light packs. I seriously dislike hot water with lemon though. Ick.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:23 PM   #139
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: supermom03
Stats: 221/211.5/150
WOE: Medi Weigh-loss
Start Date: 3/2/10
Quote:
Hi Supermom, yes, you are right. You only count the calories in your protein. But, just make sure in regards to your veggies that you do not exceed a total of 20 carbs per day. So calories on the protein and carbs on everything else.

Only down 1.4 lbs this week. I didn't quite make it under 160. Just one more pound to go though. I think I'm having a really hard time getting enough water in. I think I only get about 90 ounces per day. Seriously, by the end of the day, the taste of the water just makes me feel ill. I'm trying to mix it up a little. Like in the morning I have hot water with lemon slices, and in the afternoon I drink a bottle of that Fruit'2'0 stuff. I'm trying to trick my body into being ok with how much liquid is going in! Anyone have anything they do to make sure they get in their water without just HATING water by the end?
Ok Kristen I have another question. Does my whole day intake have to equal the 600 calories or just my protein?
Old 03-11-2010, 07:25 PM   #140
Senior LCF Member

I ventured out from the norm today and had cottage cheese sprinkled with Weber Grillmates seasoning and it was so good! The seasoning is coarse ground so it gave it a salty garlicky crunch. I'll use this a lot for sure! Just wanted to share! I am really loving all the protein and am actually craving it now. I have to concentrate on getting my carbs in. I haven't done well with eating all my veggies. :/

Traveling this weekend so I'm pretty nervous even with all the good advice I've read on here. I'm armed with bars, shakes, and cheese sticks but going to Grandma's house aka "biscuit and gravy palace" I'm still super nervous. Also trying to figure out how to explain me not eating Grandma's cooking? There will be lots of critics I am sure of it.

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!

Last edited by eptexy; 03-11-2010 at 07:33 PM..
Old 03-11-2010, 08:46 PM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
In my area, the only place I have found them in the 100 calorie packs is Target.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:08 AM   #142
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reinvented
Stats: 234/187.6/165
WOE: Medi/Stillmans
Start Date: 4/17/2009 restart 1/22/13
down 3.2 pounds for a total of 15.6 pounds in 3 weeks. This week was a bit frustrating because I really wanted to give up. You would think 22 days into this that I wouldn't care anymore but sometimes out of left field temptation comes. Either way I stuck it out and I'm still sticking it out.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:59 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 38:5'5 256.6/228.4/125
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 12/29/09 RI 12/10/10 RII 06/01/11 RIII10/08/12
Quote:

I have the same problem with my water intake. Even with dry mouth, it get's to a point when I feel like I will gag drinking so much water! I tried the diet Snapple singles but it only worked for a few weeks. Ah but I keep pushing myself especially when I go to the gym.

I have to go out and buy some of the almonds everyone is talking about. They sound great and I love chocolate and almonds
Old 03-12-2010, 06:04 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 38:5'5 256.6/228.4/125
Start Date: 12/29/09 RI 12/10/10 RII 06/01/11 RIII10/08/12
Quote:
I ventured out from the norm today and had cottage cheese sprinkled with Weber Grillmates seasoning and it was so good! The seasoning is coarse ground so it gave it a salty garlicky crunch. I'll use this a lot for sure! Just wanted to share! I am really loving all the protein and am actually craving it now. I have to concentrate on getting my carbs in. I haven't done well with eating all my veggies. :/

Traveling this weekend so I'm pretty nervous even with all the good advice I've read on here. I'm armed with bars, shakes, and cheese sticks but going to Grandma's house aka "biscuit and gravy palace" I'm still super nervous. Also trying to figure out how to explain me not eating Grandma's cooking? There will be lots of critics I am sure of it.
I totally know the feeling of not being able to eat grandma's cooking. At first it was really hard because my family were appalled I wouldn't eat her cooking even though I explained I was on a diet and how important it was for me. Of course they didn't understand but none the less I stood my ground. My grandma is the first one to tell me I have to lose weight and although everyone else notice I've lost, not her
Do what you have to do for YOURSELF! As much as I love my grandma, I need to take care of myself.
Good luck this weekend
Mini goal #1: 175 by 7/31/11

Old 03-12-2010, 07:08 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
Start Date: 2/26/09
Hiya Gemini-
I always had the same problem with my grandma-although she hasn't cooked in years
She didn't notice my weightloss 'til I had lost it ALL
Just know that you are losing it and that others are noticing!!!
When I started MWL-my chiropractor was one who noticed even the smallest amount of weight change. One week, I had to go and see him more than once. That was a week that I had a big loss He noticed-he gave me a suspicious look and asked me about it. I told him about MWL and he rolled his eyes!!! I told him that it's physician supervised and that I was being monitored weekly. He nodded in relief (with a bit of scepticism too). BUT once he saw how much I'd lost and I've kept off since the middle of September-he no longer rolls his eyes However, he still disapproves of the program for the most part. Reason??? Guess it's such a drastic way of losing weight and can be hard on you (I'm an RN so I paid very close attention to my body and how I felt) and most people don't keep the weight off IF THEY DON'T learn how to eat properly with it!!! This is why MWL works.

Sorry I'm so long-winded here BUT just to let you know that we've all had our saboteurs,whether it be family,friends, or even medical professionals.
Just know that you are doing the right thing for you!! Keep up the great work

cindy
Old 03-12-2010, 07:45 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lucas33
Stats: start:222/current:222/goal:165
Start Date: 1/14/10
Hi there.. had a weigh in today after 4 weeks off. 2 of the weeks were for vacation reasons, 1 week due to snow and 1 to get myself back into gear. I did go off for plan for 2 weeks and did get out of ketoses and gained 5 pounds. Im happy to report that I lost those 5 and an additional 2. Down total of 18 pounds for two months. Now if I can just get back into ketosis. I'll test tomorrow but almost happy that I woke with a headache the last two days!! Hopefully thats a good sign that Im getting close to getting back in Ketosis.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:16 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

After the crazy week I had, I am down another 3 pounds for a 3 week total of 16.3#!!!!!!!!!!!! We switched my AS and hope that will take care of my increased appetite! Yes, my activity level increased but I am confident with some minor changes, I will continue to lose. They did tell me I did a great of job journaling even the bad stuff and when I did overeat, I made good choices....not ideal ones but good ones! I am so excited especially now that I am noticing a difference in my clothes and also people are starting to notice. I have one more weigh in before I leave town for a few days but I am already preparing myself and plan to take my mini blender for shakes in my hotel room, some cans of tuna, etc. This will definitely be a good test for me!
Old 03-12-2010, 09:03 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Lucas and everyone else, that is awesome! I am so inspired by those that have gained and then lost it all again and stayed on track! Thank you so much for sharing.

My trip to Grandma's was rescheduled for Easter weekend since my son woke up with a fever. I have to say, I am so so so relieved. It will still be difficult when we go but I hated to be faced with all of that when I was merely on week 2.

Speaking of week 2, I keep feeling like I'm eating too much. It makes sense on paper but I feel fuller, I'm retaining water, and when I jumped on the scale, it moved a pound in the WRONG direction. I am in ketosis but I'm so scared that I'm going to be disappointed at weigh in on Tuesday. I'm on day 3 of TOM so maybe that is it? I had to stop taking the injections. Apparently I'm allergic to the preservative in them so I'm taking the oral melt things instead. I hope that doesn't deter my progress!!!
Old 03-12-2010, 12:29 PM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom on a mission
Stats: Ht 5' 7" 247/156.4/160
Start Date: January 2, 2010
TGIF everyone! Some great loss stories this week. Keep up the good work everybody.

Had my Wk10 weigh in today. I was hoping for 2.1 loss so I could get into "onederland" for the first time in a long time. Well, I got a lot more than I expected I'm down another 4.8 lbs! I was completely shocked!!! I'm officially very much into the 100's and I couldn't be happier!!!

I'm .2 lbs away from 50 lost- another exciting milestone. I hope to hit that next week!! MWL rocks!!

Peace...

Last edited by Mom on a mission; 03-12-2010 at 12:33 PM..
Old 03-12-2010, 12:47 PM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CCCOX
Stats: 195-135-135
Start Date: 1/5/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom on a mission View Post
TGIF everyone! Some great loss stories this week. Keep up the good work everybody.

Had my Wk10 weigh in today. I was hoping for 2.1 loss so I could get into "onederland" for the first time in a long time. Well, I got a lot more than I expected I'm down another 4.8 lbs! I was completely shocked!!! I'm officially very much into the 100's and I couldn't be happier!!!

I'm .2 lbs away from 50 lost- another exciting milestone. I hope to hit that next week!! MWL rocks!!

Peace...
Amazing-you need to post a new picture!
Closed Thread