Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2010, 05:36 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: fitin2010
Stats: 211/203.6/150
WOE: medi
Start Date: January 2010
regarding anxiety and AS

I started Medi in January and only lasted 2 weeks. Well needless to say I have gained all my weight back. I want to start again but the first time I had anxiety taking the AS. I don't think I could do this program with it. Anyone have this problem and if so what did you do to get over it? TIA!!
fitin2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2010, 07:07 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CCCOX
Stats: 195-135-135
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 1/5/10
Hi-did you try taking only half a dose- and maybe only 1 a day and gradually build up to taking more of it? If I took them too close together I had the same thing-but maybe just taking one dose would help--also I know many here are successful without it--either way you can do this!
CCCOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:49 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sshals
Stats: 5'4" 264/192/132
Start Date: 02/2010
It seems that I really needed the appetite suppressant the first week, because it helped me break my carb cravings without snacking like a complete maniac (like I did when I was on South Beach). It made it a lot easier to get through that time. Now, it's been over two weeks and I've noticed that if I miss taking one, I'm still not hungry :-) So I'm wondering if you can get through the first week, then maybe you can continue without the AS. As CCCOX said, there seem to be many people here who do not take it and have been successful.
Sshals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:29 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: justgin
Stats: 5'3" 212/212/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 06/19/12
I'm not able to take the AS, but I haven't had any hunger issues so far. Just wanted to let you know it is doable without the AS. Good luck!
justgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:50 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Carrie Ellen
Stats: 205/183/145
WOE: MWL
Start Date: February 2010
I suffer from Anxiety... My clinic was fearful that the AS might heighten it, but I actually felt more calm and at peace that week. I have to say that Week 1 is More a mental game than anything!

If I describe week one for me... I felt empowered, but SUPER sad... I went into Carb Mourning... It really sucked to look at all the food I wasn't allowed to have. By day 4 I was in a super super foul mood. Kinda angry at everyone...so I spent day 5 alone, sent the husband out with the kids for the whole day and stayed home to clean my house... yuck i know... but it kept my mind off of the mood oh and the food and kept my hands busy! It is another step I am taking to be a better and new me. The end result is my motivation! I think the AS helped to an extent.... but into week 2 I have forgotten to grab my meds on the way out the door and I actually made it through my day! Week 2 comes to an end tommarow so I am excited to see how I faired.... I think I could do this without the AS. And one less pill to swallow would be delightful...too bad its the tiniest one of otherwise Horse pills!

Start again!!! I will be your buddy!! You can do it with support...!

Last edited by Carrie Ellen; 03-01-2010 at 06:53 AM.. Reason: premature submit, I do it all the time! LOL
Carrie Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:00 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jaqleen
I too suffer from anxiety,I take xanax to relieve the issues of it.I chose to not take the AS as I heard it makes you jittery and God knows I have enough of that own my own.Give it a shot without it,may not be as bad as ya think.Never know until you try......
Jaqleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:12 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
Start Date: 4/26/2010
Hey

Like Jaqleen I also take Xanax as needed. as a result it took a few weeks for me to get the AS because they wanted to make sure the two wouldn't interact. I havent had a need for Xanax since I started the AS (I take it as needed) and I havent had increased jitters.

However I can only take it before breakfast and lunch or I CANNOT sleep that night. Even if I take my last one at 4 as recommended. I usually take one at around 8 and one at around 12.

Also word to the wise... the other day I took my AS, vitamin, calcium, omega 3, and fat burner all at once and I was nauseous/dry heaving (since I hadn't eaten yet) a few minutes later. Lesson learned, take the AS before first meal and everything else with your first meal.

Mini Goal - 130 by 10/30
Ultimate Goal - 120 by the end of the year.
Ortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:26 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cherliquidair
Stats: 270/247/150
Start Date: 04-21-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortal View Post
Hey

Like Jaqleen I also take Xanax as needed. as a result it took a few weeks for me to get the AS because they wanted to make sure the two wouldn't interact. I havent had a need for Xanax since I started the AS (I take it as needed) and I havent had increased jitters.

However I can only take it before breakfast and lunch or I CANNOT sleep that night. Even if I take my last one at 4 as recommended. I usually take one at around 8 and one at around 12.

Also word to the wise... the other day I took my AS, vitamin, calcium, omega 3, and fat burner all at once and I was nauseous/dry heaving (since I hadn't eaten yet) a few minutes later. Lesson learned, take the AS before first meal and everything else with your first meal.
This makes sense as to why sometimes I physically CAN NOT eat breakfast!! I slam down all of my morning pills before I head out the door and breakfast is 30 minutes to an hour after I take the pills. I will change the manner in which I take my morning ones and see if it make a difference. THANKS!!!
cherliquidair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:33 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
Start Date: 4/26/2010
I feel the AS also helps with 'mindful eating' as in, usually I take it when Im hungry for lunch and then I have an hour to wait and the hunger settles down, so I eat more consciously (cause its not just OMG ORTAL HUNGRY FEED ME) and usually I eat less. I dont have the foresight to take it an hour before lunch.

Glad I could help cherliquidair
Ortal is offline   Reply With Quote