Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 12:45 PM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
Debbie, thanks for the stats. I bought three single bars last nite, all from different makers, all slightly different in calories and carbs. I tried a little piece of one of them last nite and it was pretty good. I didn't buy any of the ones you mentioned because the ones they had on the shelf expired in February! so I DIDN'T get those this time, tho I already know I love them!! I think I'm going to lower my goal weight to 150 but I'm not sure if that's realistic. I'm going to ask them tomorrow.

BTW, I love the new thread regarding products. I have some information to add to that thread myself.

Have a great day!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2010, 03:16 PM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slbpl61
Stats: 5'8" 206/203/165
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 08/16/2013 Restart
Hey Lea,

Looks like we are still pretty close in numbers since starting MWL in Feb. I was hoping to be about 180 by now but I'll get there, just a few more pounds (hopefully by my next weigh-in). I am thinking about lowering my goal weight but I will wait until I get to 170 or so before I decide. I just want to feel and look good. I can't imagine being in the 150's but it is quickly becoming a possibility.

I'd like to think my goals are realistic but since reaching my first goal of 25 pounds, I know I can go farther. Still amazed that this program works and why has the Medi WOE been such a well kept secret??
Old 04-20-2010, 04:40 PM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
txntv - I hope your checking in....I reread what I wrote in answer to your concern about the bars having 16 carbs and across the keyboard my reply may have read harsh....didn't mean that at all, my friend! It's just that this is my second time with MWL and the first time I lost about 25 to 26 lbs then stopped going because of an emergency with my daughter and I felt like I couldn't afford it....I stressed ate and by 5 months later had regained it all. That was NO fun! When I restarted in December I told myself to make it realistic and a lifestyle change, not just to get to size 12 and feel done. I'm enroute to the BMI healthy goal (140 lbs), not a particular pant size. I also know my absolutely crazy full-time graduate school schedule, plus 2 part time jobs (one I just left Friday), make for little time to prepare ahead of time, pack and eat. So, I'm keeping it as high protein as possible and being careful with my carbs rather than legalistic (I don't have time to be legalistic right now, maybe later!) Also, I had major, major surgery almost 3 years ago when I had a bilateral mastectomy with a TRAM flap procedure (so what used to be a huge grab it all with 2 fists belly is now transformed/repositioned/and fill up my breast skin because they evacuated my breast tissue (and nipples) due to disastrous near to cancer changes. Then I had reconstruction to make new "nipples." All this WHILE working 2 jobs and being in grad school! But, as I go down in body fat I'm losing my belly tissue boobs So, I want to go slow enough to keep good tone, see how I feel that I look along the way, and then go on. I'm not in a hurry. I'm just being more healthy.

4/20/10
B-1/2 PP bar
S-1/2 PP bar and Atkins mocha latte shake
L-stew meat
S-pulled pork BBQ, ate 1/2 of bun
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:57 PM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: txntv
Stats: 5'5" 169.5/131/140
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: March 25, 2010
Debbie, no problem! I understood. You have been through a heck of a lot! I only asked because I read so many posts how people rather have this because it's 1g less than that. I am just trying to absorb information and do the right things.

My pound loss is slow going because of my workouts and weight training. It's gotten to the point where I don't look forward to weigh ins even though I am doing all the right things. Next one is tomorrow. Yes, my other numbers are dropping -- but we all know how we focus a lot on the total pounds. Mixed feelings.
July: -2.5
Beyond: -5
Total loss: 38

Wellness...
txntv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:37 PM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Hi again ladies. Susan, it's nice to hear from you again! When I reached my "half-way" goal at 25 pounds, then lost almost five pounds in one week, that made me think the 30 pound loss could be the new half way goal. Who knows? I hope I can do it, but am not sure. At 5' 9"+, I'm not a little girl at any weight and my priority is to feel good. Working out has sure gotten easier! I'm glad to hear you're still making such great progress!

Debbie, you really have been thru a lot and your commitment and dedication to this program, despite all of your obstacles, is fantastic. I also love your openness and honesty!! It's refreshing!

txntv, I'm glad you didn't think Debbie meant anything by her response to the 16 carbs. I get that you just want to do the right thing for you. Your numbers probably just feel lower and slower because you're starting so low on the scale anyway. Keep up the great work!
tydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:06 AM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sshals
Stats: 5'4" 264/192/132
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 02/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by THIN TASTES BETTER View Post
I have been yo yo ing on the scale and I don't understand why. I go up and down 3 to 4 lbs and its frustrating.
I don't cheat enough to me for it to make such a difference and I STAY in ketosis, so I am not sure the lc is working for me. I am in the longest stall ever and I am not ready to give up. But I think its because aside from the gym...I sit the rest of the day and sleep waaay too much.
I just don't know.
Hi! Have you thought about going back to week 1? Just for a week. Starting again fresh might help you figure out what foods are stalling your loss.
Sshals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 02:02 PM   #187
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bb0325
Stats: 5' 2.5" 240/225/125
WOE: MWLC
Start Date: 01/14/2010; restart 08/24/2012
Had a really challenging week(friendship and food) and still stuck with working out on a schedule, it's all under the jealousy thread.

As for today I just completed my third week of the Firm Transformation dvd's and received my Brazil Butt Lift dvd's. When I complete the four weeks of the Firm I will do the BBL. I will take some before photos prior to me starting thee BBL. HEHEHE I still need to put a photo of me before and how I am now at my midway mark.

This is my intake so far for the day:

B- 1/2c strawberries, 1 LCow cheese wedge, 2 turkey bacon slices, 3T EB egg whites
PreWkout-1 pack of Cocoa Dusted almonds
Postwkout-Iso100 protein powder w/ 1c Ch Almond Breeze

for dinner I plan Chicken breast and 1c of brocolli.
bb0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:40 PM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Sat 4/23/10
B-carbmaster's yogurt, coffee
L-grilled peppers and chicken, sour cream
S-celery w/ peanut butter (and cranberries)
D-Chinese buffett (shrimp, chicken, green beans, cucumbers
Fast-paced walk around the lake (4 1/2 miles)

Sun 4/24/10
B-cocoa almonds
L-pork burrito
D-grilled peppers w/chicken and sour cream
Old 04-30-2010, 11:53 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
I'm going to start chiming in here! The paper journal isn't working for me lately. So it's Daily Plate and here to keep me accountable. I'm doing MWL all the way though. I noticed a few of you doing it kind of a modified MWL.

I'm doing week 1 from today until Tuesday's weigh in:

Bkfst: 2 turkey sausage links, coffee with unsweet vanilla almond milk & splenda
Lunch: 6 pcs thin sliced FF deli turkey, 1 wedge laughing cow lt cheese, mustard
Snack: 1/2c low fat cottage cheese w/ grill mates seasoning, diet soda
Dinner: fajita chicken, low fat cheddar cheese, jalapenos

3 litres water. I get those 1L Smart Water bottles and then fill them up 2 more times. (And I add Crystal Light because I'm not really a fan of tap water!)

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:05 PM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome eptexy! I'll check in later...working on a project right now. Your accountability and weight loss looks great!
Old 05-01-2010, 07:34 PM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Debbie!

Ok not exercising at all. This cold is killing me!

Breakfast: 2 turkey sausage links, coffee with unsweet vanilla almond milk & splenda
AM Snack: 11 turkey pepperoni, laughing cow cheese wedge
Lunch: 2 oz grilled chicken, rf feta, jalapenos, diet soda
PM Snack: 1 oz chicken, wing sauce, 1T rf blue cheese, few sprays of ranch dressing
Dinner: 6 shaved turkey deli meat, laughing cow wedge, mustard
Dessert: medi chocolate shake w/ 2t unsweet choc powder and 1T instant coffee granules

100 oz water
Old 05-01-2010, 08:04 PM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Okay, I did it - I tried the 3 net carb tortillas today and I'm really glad I did. I always have meat and a cheese stick for lunch and today I thought I'd have some turkey, a little cheese with a little miracle whip or mustard on a tortilla. I bought them a while back and tossed them in the fridge. Today was the day. My whole lunch was about 200 calories and it really held me over! I wasn't even hungry at my normal snack time. How about that? I'm gonna see what my ketones are in the morning, and I might just try that again tomorrow. I bought some "Shreds" lettuce tonite just in case.

B - egg
L - turkey, cheese WRAPPED in low carb tortilla
S - egg beaters/salsa
D - chicken, salad, jello
Old 05-02-2010, 05:14 PM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Lea, that sounds good! I haven't dared try the low carb tortillas yet although I've been buying them for my family for awhile now. When mama goes on a diet we ALL go on a diet! LOL

I splurged tonight and had a 5 oz. glass of amazing red wine and honestly, I'm just fine with it at 100 calories and 2.8 carbs - I can manage that every once in awhile. Before Medi, my husband and I were big into wine and truth be told, that is part of the reason I gained so much weight so I need to be very careful with that. Sitting around drinking 2-3 glasses of heavy wine plus all the eating that goes along with that. Oof! But I still love it and am so happy to have just a small amount and be satisfied! I also tried one of the recipes listed in this forum - the pizza one with the cheese cooked in the teflon skilled and folded over like an omelet? HOLY WOW was that amazing! With that little glass of wine, I'm in heaven!

Breakfast: Egg beater mug: 1/2c egg beaters, 1 laughing cow cheese wedge, 3 pepperonis, seasoning, tabasco; coffee w/ sf hazelnut (out of almond milk - fooey)

Lunch: 4 oz. boiled shrimp w/ my own cocktail sauce (sf ketchup & horse radish), diet coke

Dinner: 2 little pizza fold over thingies, 5 oz. glass of pinot noir

120 oz of water/crystal light.

Went shopping at Buckle today aka sexy girl store. LOL I bought a couple of shirts that are fitted. I can't wait until I can get some cute jeans there in my new size! 12 more pounds to goal!!!!!
Old 05-02-2010, 05:16 PM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

OK friends, if we want to be Motivated for Medi in May like the main thread says, let's try to post here too for accountability in exercising and eating! I'm wanting to get to goal, REALLY get to goal! It's been so incredible to have this forum to read other people's successes, choices, decisions and fixes, and then to encourage and receive encouragement from other Medi posters!

5-1-10 Saturday (159 lbs)
B-Pure Protein Peanut Butter Bar
L-vanilla carbmaster's yogurt w/apple sauce
D-grilled chicken w/fajita style grilled peppers and onions, mixed with melted velveta cheese and salsa....oops, had a little spaghetti noodles too (had made this all mixed together for hubby's portion and had a taste--pretty good!)

Exercise-Did a little yard work.

So, consequence.....this AM not in ketosis. Had too many carbs yesterday.

5-2-2010 Sunday
B-cherry carbmaster's yogurt
L-burger w/bacon and cheddar cheese (no bun) & ketsup, diet Dr Pepper
D-grilled steak (4 oz) and asparagus
S-will have diet jello and sugar free cool whip
Old 05-02-2010, 07:48 PM   #195
Senior LCF Member

I'm hoping for big numbers in May so here's my stuff for today.
B - egg
L - turkey, cheese and lettuce wrap
S - egg beaters
D - turkey burger, peppers, almonds, jello

Walked/jogged one mile
Biked 5 miles

I'm going to make an effort to post every day on this thread.

Good nite!
Old 05-03-2010, 04:58 PM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Blew it today. This is the first time I've done this and I don't even have a reason. I was in the kitchen pan-frying flour coated pork chops for my family while mine was cooking separately in teflon with Pam. Then we all sat down. And you know that scene in Twister where they say Aunt May's gravy is practically a food group? That's what people say about my gravy and I just wanted a taste. It isn't that I over ate the gravy - it's that I ATE it at all! DANGIT!!
B - egg
L - peanuts, turkey, cheese, peppers
S - almonds, pickle, jello, egg beaters, peppers
D - pork chop, two bites of mashed potatoes, spoonful of gravy, green beans, low carb russel stover caramel something or other yummy.

I haven't added my calories for the dinner yet but I was at 560 total for the day before I ever went into the kitchen.

I walked/jogged for a mile today and did a WHOLE lot of jogging thanks to the inspiration received from this site! And I did a 30 minute spin session afterward.

I hope I didn't knock myself out of ketosis today. 12th week weigh in on Wednesday.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:47 PM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slbpl61
Stats: 5'8" 206/203/165
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 08/16/2013 Restart
Lea, I know you will do just fine! Good luck!

Over the weekend, I had my first bite of "off the plan" food....yup.....choc cake with a bit of whipped cream. I so could have eaten the whole thing but it didn't kick me out of ketosis (which I have been in consistently for several days). After becoming frustrated with plateau-ing, I unintentionally took a week break from everything....ketosis, journal, appointments, shots, AS, etc. but still ate pretty much on plan. I got my groove together last week and have been losing according to my home scale and feel like I lost. TOM is due though so I hope that doesn't sabotage my weigh-in this week (week 10). After switching weigh in days and taking a week off it will be about 2 1/2 weeks since my last weigh in which was April 20 (week 8). I did talk to the clinic by phone and they were encouraging and I am looking forward to my weigh in before flying out of town this weekend to spend Mother's Day with my parents. I'm staying busy by moving the clothes in my closest to the garage for my next yard sale. The last 2 visits I opted NOT to get the second shot and so far I really haven't experienced exhaustion or lack of energy. I think I will get the 2nd this week since I'll be travelling.
slbpl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:09 PM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Susan, for your support.

And eptexy, the low carb tortillas are a keeper, but I think I'll just eat them on weekends when I'm home for lunch. And those pizza foldover thingies? OMG - that is one of my favorite medi-safe foods. Anytime the kids get pizza or there's drop by company, we order pizza from Papa John's and I'm content to eat my medi-version. I haven't been tempted to eat the real stuff even once. (unlike that stupid gravy and potatoes tonite...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)
Old 05-03-2010, 08:15 PM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

Lea - Don't be so hard on yourself! We are learning a way of eating that will work for life. Are you forever going to be avoiding a bite? I don't think so....but what did you learn? You learned to count it, admit it, discuss it, exercise, and be warned about the potential consequences of over indulging yourself. I'm not out for perfection...I too frequently in the past have been an "all or nothing at all" kind of perfectionist. That means I've yo yo'd my way up and down several times. I'm not going to do that again.
I see you are in KS, I think we've talked about this in the past. Do you see Dr Cobb in Andover? I do. She told me about a month ago that an occasional planned delight is ok because it prevents feeling deprived. She allowed herself to do that once a week usually and that way her calories were up a little more but then got right back on it. I'm not talking about crazy indulgent, just about 300 more calories. She said research had shown that that helped prevent plateauing also. BUT, as you know, it takes discipline to eat carbs and get away from them drawing you in again....

Monday 5-3-10
B-raspberry carbmaster's yogurt
L-pure protein PB bar
S-2 pickle spears (1 carb each) Kroger's brand splenda sweeted Bread N Butter pickles
D-2 deviled eggs made into egg salad w/lettuce and dry broccoli slaw
S-cocoa almonds

Exercise
Went to 30 min abds class at the YMCA
Worked out on the circuit additional 20 mins
Old 05-04-2010, 10:44 AM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Debbie, you're right, of course. And things seem better in the light of day. I have always been a perfectionist and an all or nothing girl. That cannot be my attitude in this way of life. For years now, my husband and I keep saying, progress, not perfection, but that's so hard for me to remember sometimes.

Thank you for putting this into simple terms for me. Yesterday wasn't my best calories in day, but it was probably my best calories out. So there's something positive.

Also, yes, I go to the clinic in Andover also. And I've been told there to allow indulgences. In fact, I think that's even printed on one of my weekly sheets. I get so caught up in the perfection part or wanting to lose like so and so, that I forget this is MY journey and it's me finding out things about ME and what works for ME and what struggles I face. If I didn't have issues with food, I wouldn't be this heavy to begin with. The issues are still there, but I'm learning to sort them out a little at a time.

Thanks, friend.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:09 PM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Lea, You are so welcomed....it will come around some time for you to be encouraging me....I'm still learning this journey too!

5/4/10 Tues-In ketosis in AM
B-Pure Protein PB Bar
S-Atkins Mocha Latte shake
S-several pcs candy from my nursing students
L-chicken/cheese sausage/ and saurkraut
S-route 44 diet Sprite w/Strawberries
D-celery, peanut butter, cranberries

Exercise-Walked about 3 miles checking on my nursing students in several ICUs today
Old 05-05-2010, 05:25 AM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Anytime I can help, I will!

B - egg
L - turkey, cheese stick
S - piece of pork chop, cottage cheese
D - chicken breast

Off topic - Debbie, do you know Tena Barber? BSN program in Wichita. She was an associate professor at Newman in pediatrics. Retired two years ago.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:41 PM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Lea, Nope. I don't know her. I've been in education 3 years and teach a different semester than she did, elsewhere. Tested our students today and lunch was provided, not much choice and forgot my protein shake and diet sprite in car.

5/5/10
B-pure protein PB bar at 0615 and 2 cups coffee (carb safe)
L at 1:15pm - salad, cheese, turkey veggies, italian drsg, 8 ritz crackers, brownie
Didn't get enough to drink today, only had one bottled water.
S-pizza, including crusts--errrr! Will exercise tomorrow!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2010, 07:31 PM   #204
Senior LCF Member

I've been MIA! Sorry! It's been a hectic week for sure but I definitely am tracking! I was so hungry today so forgive all the little stuff. I record everything and counted all my calories - believe it or not, it's under 600.

B: EAS shake
AM Snack: Atkins bar, jerky
Lunch: Miracle noodles w/ tomato sauce, parm, pepperoni
PM Snack: 2 oz salmon, lf cheese, 6 almonds
D: chicken, roasted brussels sprouts
Old 05-06-2010, 05:05 AM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Erin - I record every little thing too and I think part of that is because I'm NOT on the AS. I never wanted to deal with the weaning off - like you and several others are going thru right now. There are days when I do exactly what you do and eat a lot of little things in quick succession. Three almonds, two pepperoni pieces, a pickle, two bites of cottage cheese. I eat only legal stuff, it just seems like a lot because I have those truly ravenous moments. Sometimes I wish I knew what it felt like to be on the AS, but I sure wouldnt' want to feel the "withdrawal".

Wednesday
B - egg
L - turkey and cheese stick
S - egg beaters/salsa
D - pork chop, salad, jello
Old 05-06-2010, 06:46 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 38:5'5 256.6/228.4/125
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 12/29/09 RI 12/10/10 RII 06/01/11 RIII10/08/12
I've been MIA too! But will make sure to post, I need accountability! Post later tonight
Determined Gemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:10 AM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
Sometimes I wish I knew what it felt like to be on the AS, but I sure wouldnt' want to feel the "withdrawal".
Yes it does stink. But MAN it was fun while it lasted!

I'm going to try and have an egg beater breakfast this morning instead of a protein shake or bar. I think the sugar alcohols are making me hungrier than usual. Although I just ate 1/2c egg beaters, cheese, sausage... and I could easily eat more. I was famished this morning and that is rare too. Plus I'm EXHAUSTED lately!
Old 05-06-2010, 06:08 PM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 38:5'5 256.6/228.4/125
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 12/29/09 RI 12/10/10 RII 06/01/11 RIII10/08/12
My accountability
B: 1 egg 2 canadian bacon
S: 5 oz fat free yogurt w/ 2 oz fresh strawberries
L: 1 scoop MWL vanilla shake w/ 16oz Unsweetened Almond Breeze
D: 1/2 oz chicken chili
E: 50 mnts spinning
30 mnts zumba

calories in: 599
calories out: 999
Determined Gemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:48 PM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Thurs 5/6/10
B-carbmasters rasp yogurt
L-pure protein PB bar
S-5 shrimp w/shrimp cocktail
Old 05-06-2010, 07:27 PM   #210
Senior LCF Member

B - egg
L - turkey, cheese stick
S - medi crustless pizza
D - yogurt, pepper slices

I fit into size 12's. I was able to bring up 5 skirts, two pairs of capris and 5 pair of pants. I haven't worn them in years and I'm truly amazed that my big body can fit into them. It just doesn't seem possible. I feel happy!