Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2011, 02:31 PM   #1681
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reebs
Stats: 5'11/ 202/160/165
WOE: Medi wellness
Start Date: March 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
I'm NOT Deb......I'm sure she's at her DD's wedding this week! but I remember her saying how she lost all of her extra "padding" in her rear. Now that she has gained a tiny bit back I think she likes the shape a bit better!

I'm pretty happy with my rear getting smaller, but it sure does make it harder to sit than it used to . I'd like to figure out what size BRA to buy!
Mary- Yes I went bra shopping too and left disgusted that I went down a cup size! Yet I still have a jiggly belly! Guess that's just part of getting older
reebs is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2011, 06:54 PM   #1682
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
It's been over a week since a post was made on this thread.....everyone okay? I miss my friends!!
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:10 PM   #1683
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
It's been over a week since a post was made on this thread.....everyone okay? I miss my friends!!
I'm still here......just waiting for you to get back!

9/6/11

B-Coffee, 1 egg, smoked turkey sausage

walk/run 5K on treadmill (2 min SLOWER than my REAL 5K....still not too bad since I've been MIA alot from the gym since mid July) followed by weights

L- BLT salad (made with turkey bacon)
D-boneless, skinless Chicken thighs grilled, LC cole slaw

LOTS to drink but not enough of that was plain water
Mary T8M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:59 PM   #1684
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'm NOT Deb......I'm sure she's at her DD's wedding this week! but I remember her saying how she lost all of her extra "padding" in her rear. Now that she has gained a tiny bit back I think she likes the shape a bit better!

I'm pretty happy with my rear getting smaller, but it sure does make it harder to sit than it used to . I'd like to figure out what size BRA to buy!
Sorry for the delay....Mary is right....I was away. We had left to go to Colorado on the AM of the 23rd and didn't get back til the 29th and got right back to work after that! While in CO we stayed at a wonderful bed & breakfast that had amazing food....ate there four AMs in a row and wished we'd had the wedding the first day so I could have fit easiest into my dress, rather than on the next to last day! Ha!

Mary is right, last Spring 2010 I started the C25K program and by September when I reached my goal I'd lost LOTS of inches in my buttocks and upper thighs. I didn't so much gain muscle, its just that the fat gone more so that the muscle below showed up. I too was uncomfortable sitting on hard surfaces....bone on board! So when it got to be the middle of Oct and I no longer jogged outdoors due to the cold weather, grad school got crazier and I didn't dedicate the gym time to continue jogging, I gained up to 25 lbs back. I was so disgusted with myself! I worked again this summer and got within about 15 lbs of my 137 goal, but this time the exercise was intentionally to build muscle (biking and swimming) so i still have the "padding" but then I'm no longer a size 6! Oh well.... BTW, I went to Victoria Secrets about a month ago and they measured me....I was so surprised. And I really don't want to be big on top, but it's just the way it is ........
Old 09-12-2011, 07:11 PM   #1685
Major LCF Poster!

Mary - Where are you, Girlfriend?!
Old 09-14-2011, 11:31 AM   #1686
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Mary - Where are you, Girlfriend?!
Hey Deb, I'm here, just have been unable AGAIN to actually post. We've been having trouble with the phone lines (which means no high speed internet connection for the computer) which we had someone out here "fixing" about 2 weeks ago. It was fine for a few days, but is now worse than it was originally.....this time we had to wait for 7 days to get fixed, and today is supposed to be "THE" day, but no one has shown up yet

THEN we also lost all power to our neighborhood for about 7 hrs the other day/night. We'd had a glorious rain (3 inches in about an hr) so expected the power to go out, but once it came on.....it THEN went right back off and it took us (and neighbors) about 2 hrs to convince the power company that "NO we did NOT have our power restored" in spite of whatever their equipment was showing. After they finally decided we actually aren't as STUPID as they think we are, they sent repair people BACK out, only to have to request TREE TRIMMERS to trim some BUSHES (not even trees) before they could repair the line......both the linemen and tree trimmers must have STRONG unions is all I can say Since that time we have only sporadic internet at best, AND one of our TV's "gave up the ghost" and quit working.

I've been "mixing" things up both at home with my eating, and at the gym. On Monday I ran my fastest 5K (STILL too slow) ever, and then today I only did 1 mile total (walking and running) just to warm up, then focused on weights more than I ever have. I'm trying to drink at least SOME green tea every day (unsweetened, iced) in hopes that some of the anti-inflammatory properties will aid in my muscle recovery, and to combat "belly fat". I'm also trying to eat more protein first thing in the AM....I heard you're supposed to eat protein within 30 min of waking up ....I also heard that you're supposed to do at least 8 min of cardio PRIOR to breakfast! to get the best fat burning!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford

Last edited by Mary T8M; 09-14-2011 at 11:32 AM..
Old 09-15-2011, 06:22 AM   #1687
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hey Deb, I'm here, just have been unable AGAIN to actually post. We've been having trouble with the phone lines (which means no high speed internet connection for the computer) which we had someone out here "fixing" about 2 weeks ago.................

I'm trying to drink at least SOME green tea every day (unsweetened, iced) in hopes that some of the anti-inflammatory properties will aid in my muscle recovery, and to combat "belly fat". I'm also trying to eat more protein first thing in the AM....I heard you're supposed to eat protein within 30 min of waking up ....I also heard that you're supposed to do at least 8 min of cardio PRIOR to breakfast! to get the best fat burning!
You are always SO inspirational with your dedication to keeping yourself healthy now that you've worked so hard to lose over 80 lbs!

Internet problems is a pain. I was having modem problems for about 3 wks and finally (I think) got it figured out.

I could get in 8 mins of cardio prior to breakfast--that could be doable with my schedule. I just gotta put it on the calendar! What are you eating for breakfast?

I have ANOTHER sinus infection....yuck, yuck, yuck and I'm on Cipro so cannot take my vitamins or minerals or milk at the same time or near the same time...messing with my schedule AGAIN!
Old 09-16-2011, 09:08 PM   #1688
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
You are always SO inspirational with your dedication to keeping yourself healthy now that you've worked so hard to lose over 80 lbs!

Internet problems is a pain. I was having modem problems for about 3 wks and finally (I think) got it figured out.

I could get in 8 mins of cardio prior to breakfast--that could be doable with my schedule. I just gotta put it on the calendar! What are you eating for breakfast?

I have ANOTHER sinus infection....yuck, yuck, yuck and I'm on Cipro so cannot take my vitamins or minerals or milk at the same time or near the same time...messing with my schedule AGAIN!
I've been having a protein shake as soon as I get up. Made with almond milk. Haven't even tried the aerobics before the shake yet.....and today I totally forgot about the green tea.......BUT did drink lots of plain water while cleaning! I THINK the phone/internet problem is all fixed....FINALLY!

Did I tell you we've put our house up for a "short sale"? We had to decide it was best to let it go back to the mortgage co, since Bill still hasn't found a job. We had always planned on moving to the Jacksonville area to be closer to both of our kids and their families, so this is just the kick in the pants I guess we needed. Now we're looking at downsizing, so that sure is a lot of work (and some tears)

I hope you get to feeling better FAST
Old 09-16-2011, 09:54 PM   #1689
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the get well wishes Mary. I'm going to send you a PM.

What a big step to downsize and change everything....but how exciting to be closer to your family. I think it will definitely be worth it all in the end!!
Old 09-17-2011, 05:21 AM   #1690
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hyonlyf
Stats: 169/135/135 reached goal Dec 15
WOE: MWL
Start Date: August 30 2011
Question regarding a Morningstar product:

Are the Grillers Original MWL friendly for acute phase? Food stats are:

calories 130
fat 6
sodium 260
CARB 5
fiber 2
protein 15

I LOVE these things in a lettuce bun w/ light cheese, so if I find out they are bad I may cry LOL

Thanks all!
hyonlyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:03 AM   #1691
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyonlyf View Post
Question regarding a Morningstar product:

Are the Grillers Original MWL friendly for acute phase? Food stats are:

calories 130
fat 6
sodium 260
CARB 5
fiber 2
protein 15

I LOVE these things in a lettuce bun w/ light cheese, so if I find out they are bad I may cry LOL

Thanks all!
I'd say they are OK......BUT I'd sure run it past the people at your clinic.....each one is SO different It seems like the calories may be high IF you are only to eat 500 protein calories/day. We've had a couple of vegetarians on the board in the past you might look back about a YEAR on this thread and see what people were eating. Seems people back then were MUCH more strict about the program

Be sure to post what your clinic says.....I like them too!
Old 09-17-2011, 07:01 AM   #1692
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'd say they are OK......BUT I'd sure run it past the people at your clinic.....each one is SO different It seems like the calories may be high IF you are only to eat 500 protein calories/day. We've had a couple of vegetarians on the board in the past you might look back about a YEAR on this thread and see what people were eating. Seems people back then were MUCH more strict about the program

Be sure to post what your clinic says.....I like them too!
I go to clinic Tuesday and will take the empty box with me. I am to consume 500-600 protein calories a day and I find I am still within my calories when I eat one, although one day I did do 610

Thanks so much!
Old 09-17-2011, 12:48 PM   #1693
Major LCF Poster!

This is just a test to see if I've learned (FINALLY) how to post pictures

IMG]http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/5462/photobillmary.jpg[/IMG]
Old 09-17-2011, 01:44 PM   #1694
Major LCF Poster!

Don't see a picture there, Mary. I tried to post some on the thread too (back when I was posting wedding photos) and just ended up sticking them in my album....you can always add them to one of your two albums and tell us here to go looking for them! I don't know what the trick is to stick them in the thread pages. There's probably a manual online about that somewhere.... ;P

(BTW, when I went to your public profile I see the blow up avatar photo and can really appreciate all your weight loss!! WTG! )
Old 09-17-2011, 01:54 PM   #1695
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Don't see a picture there, Mary. I tried to post some on the thread too (back when I was posting wedding photos) and just ended up sticking them in my album....you can always add them to one of your two albums and tell us here to go looking for them! I don't know what the trick is to stick them in the thread pages. There's probably a manual online about that somewhere.... ;P

(BTW, when I went to your public profile I see the blow up avatar photo and can really appreciate all your weight loss!! WTG! )
I KNOW so I sent a PM to Cheri (one of the administrators here on LCF) She has given me instructions, on how to do it before, and I went back and tried it again, but still no luck.....I'm pretty computer "savy" I THOUGHT but this site just throws me a loop. I wish we could just "cut and paste", without going through a photo hosting site. IF I ever get it right I'll try to help you too!

Feeling any better this afternoon?
Old 09-17-2011, 02:02 PM   #1696
Major LCF Poster!

In waves of yuckiness and okayness....

Just got done listening to a 1 1/2 hour long lecture (I posted the link below) and it is super good regarding how our American diet has changed in the past 35 years and is making us fatter and sicker.....mainly due to high fructose corn syrup in EVERYTHING!

"Fructose is a chronic hepatotoxin (it's "alcohol" without the "buzz"!) but the FDA won't regulate it. The liver gets sick after repeated, chronic fructose meals---but, that describes our American way of eating....fructose is in everything, even mustard and bread....it's a TOXIN!" per Robert H. Lustig MD from UCSF Division of Endocrinology & Metabolism
Old 09-17-2011, 08:46 PM   #1697
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
In waves of yuckiness and okayness....

Just got done listening to a 1 1/2 hour long lecture (I posted the link below) and it is super good regarding how our American diet has changed in the past 35 years and is making us fatter and sicker.....mainly due to high fructose corn syrup in EVERYTHING!

"Fructose is a chronic hepatotoxin (it's "alcohol" without the "buzz"!) but the FDA won't regulate it. The liver gets sick after repeated, chronic fructose meals---but, that describes our American way of eating....fructose is in everything, even mustard and bread....it's a TOXIN!" per Robert H. Lustig MD from UCSF Division of Endocrinology & Metabolism
SUGAR and white carbs are just too prevalant, too ingrained in our society. Sweets used to be a treat, not a "several times a day" thing. People ate more fresh food, and got outside to work or play. Kids weren't pacified with snacks throughout the day. People ate 3 times a day with maybe an after school snack for kids. I remember my Mom saying I could have a half (not even the whole) carrot IF I said I was hungry.....IF I said I didn't want a carrot, she told me that I wasn't really hungry then, and I could just wait for dinner. As I grew to adulthood, I worried about "missing" out on things if I didn't try all of the yummy foods advertized on TV.....of course all of those things were highly processed, high carb foods. I was HOOKED

We were just talking about how finances effect our eating too......especially when it comes to "super sizing" things. We saw a sign for SubWay saying they now were serving 6" subs for $3.99......but wait, they also sell 12" subs for $5.00, so IF you're being "frugal" it only makes sense to buy the bigger one doesn't it? Same thing for popcorn, or soda at the Movie.....you get double for only a few cents more, so WHY buy the smaller size?......THEN once you buy it, you sure don't want to waste it, so you eat more than you really wanted/needed.....eventually (in a very short time) all of those carbs convince your body/mind that you NEED the larger size.

As long as big business is more important than our health I'm not too sure things will change......at least not very fast. Dieticians are still not differentiating between white carbs, and low glycemic (good) carbs enough.....that is evident in the new food plate that replaced the food pyramid

OK I'm stepping off of my soapbox now
Old 09-19-2011, 08:12 PM   #1698
Major LCF Poster!

9/19/11

B-2 eggs, turkey sausage, coffee
L-tuna, cottage cheese
D-2 Grilled Turkey brats, 1/4C grilled peppers

128 oz plain water, 77 oz "other" SF Fluids

Exercise was just lifting, and moving furniture while cleaning.....moving and sorting things getting ready for a garage sale
Old 09-20-2011, 06:29 AM   #1699
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: city-gal
Stats: 251/233/140
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 8/20/2011
Hello Everyone
Still new to the site and also to Medi on it about a month now. I see what everyone else is eatting and I wonder am I eatting too much?

I try to eat every few hours yesterday I ate:
(BK) Medi shake 130 calories
(MS) Almonds 100 calories
(lunch)Turkey chili 184
(Afternoon) Atkins Bar 120
(dinner) grilled chicken and salad with spinch 180 calories plus 1 tbl blue chese dressing 80 calories

Total for the day was 794 calories and 20 carbs

I exercised waling for 40 minutes (150 calories) and 20 minutes on the wii fit (139 calories) so burned 289 calories

Making my total calorie intake 505
Water 123 OZ

Thank you
city-gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:52 AM   #1700
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by city-gal View Post
Hello Everyone
Still new to the site and also to Medi on it about a month now. I see what everyone else is eatting and I wonder am I eatting too much?

I try to eat every few hours yesterday I ate:
(BK) Medi shake 130 calories
(MS) Almonds 100 calories
(lunch)Turkey chili 184
(Afternoon) Atkins Bar 120
(dinner) grilled chicken and salad with spinch 180 calories plus 1 tbl blue chese dressing 80 calories

Total for the day was 794 calories and 20 carbs

I exercised waling for 40 minutes (150 calories) and 20 minutes on the wii fit (139 calories) so burned 289 calories

Making my total calorie intake 505
Water 123 OZ

Thank you
Hey,
Well I'd suggest you talk to the people at your clinic.....seems "the rules" are different at each clinic . The clinic I went to (in Jupiter Fl) never had us add back calories that we burned with exercise. I was on 500 PROTEIN calories per day (my starting weight was 228), and DH was on 600-800 per day (his starting weight was 346). They encouraged us to only do easy exercise (like walking) for 20 min a day after the third week (or so.....I can't remember for sure).
It looks like you're doing a good job of it.....some times I "forgot" to eat during the day, so a couple of times they had to remind me that IF my calories dropped too low I would QUIT losing . I didn't have good luck eating ANY of the protein bars, seems they almost always caused ME to stall.....but I know plenty of people lost while eating at least a part of one every day......I was jealous! I think that is why keeping yourself accountable through this board, and your food diary is so valuable.....you can look back and see what you were eating and what exercise you were doing when you LOST weight, and the same for when you DIDN'T! Each of us have different things that cause us to stall, or cause us to crave more. I know DH CANNOT have almonds/nuts/peanut butter around or he goes crazy eating them ......I can have a few and be done....so I have had to pretty much give them up, so HE'S not tempted
Old 09-20-2011, 08:46 AM   #1701
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: city-gal
Stats: 251/233/140
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 8/20/2011
Thank you Mary
I think it is confusing the clinic told me to minus the exerise from what I eat and I should not go below 500. I have brought my journal in every week but actually it is like a roll of the dice on who I will get I think a few of the girls are excellent and a few are well..not so nice or knowledgable. One of the ladies just smacks on gum the whole time and looks so bored ~ really not helpful! Even when I try to show them my journal I have never seen them really "look" at it. I like them but honestly I always feel like they are in a hurry to finish we me and move on to the next person.

Last week I had only a one pound weight loss. I was dissapointed they just said doing great! I would like to know of you that are sucessful what are you doing? I have not cheated once and I want to make sure I am on track I know I am okay with almonds but..I wonder should I try and cut back on the atkins bars and calories and see if that helps.

I know it is working because I feel smaller in 4 weeks I am down 11 pounds I feel it should be more. For me I have tried everything and I want to give this my all I dont have to lose all my weight in 6 months I wll do this as long as it takes and then learn how to maintain. I just want to make sure I am doing it right.

Any and all advice is greatly appriciated!

What have others of you done? Do you eat only 500? Do you minus the exercise? I am also confused by the vegatables do you put a cup as 5 carbs or do you go by the package? I find I do better on the days I work when I am off I try to stay busy. On days I am working I need to remind myself to eat but because of blood sugar I do try to eat something every few hours although I could try and eat less.

Thanks for listening I need all the help I can get I have over a hundred pounds to lose
city-gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:09 AM   #1702
Senior LCF Member

CG I have never been asked to "count" my carbs at all. As for vegetables I am allowed a cup and I cram them in the measuring cup as tight as I can

Also, I have never been told to minus the exercise. Rather I have been told I need to do 30m 3x a week and for the most part I do.

My calorie range is 500-600 and I do eat it, once even went over.

And I totally agree with you on the appointments. I feel for $70 act like you give a s**t LOL No one has EVER asked to see my food diary. The little LPN who weighs me and does my shots is the sweetest thing, she is more chatty than the RN and NP I see for the actual sit down talk. I am happy with program and do NOT regret it, just wish the staff would engage me more.

A hundred pounds may seem like a lot, but MANY here have done it and you can too! You cannot put a price on better health, stick to it, and remember it is not a "diet" but rather a way of eating forever. Your calorie allowance will increase when on maintainance so don't think this hard part is forever.

Good luck!
Old 09-20-2011, 09:26 PM   #1703
Major LCF Poster!

9/20/11

B-Coffee, 1 egg, turkey sausage

3.1 miles on treadmill, weights

L-Roasted chicken

D-(turkey) sausage and pumpkin soup

200+ oz water and SF fluids (mainly water)
Old 09-21-2011, 08:41 PM   #1704
Major LCF Poster!

9/21/11

B-Coffee, 1 egg, green pepper, sausage "omlet"

L- leftover pumpkin and sausage soup

D-grilled chicken breast, green beans

200+ oz SF fluids.....165 oz of that was plain water
Old 09-26-2011, 10:19 AM   #1705
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Mary!!

Did the Race for the Cure 5K walk on Saturday, felt so good to be in the crowd for a great cause. It inspired me to get jogging again, and my DD and I even jogged a couple blocks (about 1/2 block at a time though since I was out of shape!). But I miss being in shape! Just one year ago I was in my best shape in my LIFE! Due to my digital camera I could see the photos we took Saturday immediately afterward....oh my goodness, I look so different from last year. I miss my healthy body!! Now that I am done with the oral Ciprofloxin, I can start with my whey protein/milk/cheese in my diet again.

So, I'm feeling some better after 5 days so far of the newest antibiotic treatments (my ENT has me doing nasal inhalation of nebulized Tobramycin and Mupirocin to treat the infections)....please pray that I make it a priority. It's tough to be tied to an electrical outlet for 20 to 25 minutes 3 times a day; it's a 21 day prescription.

I started my MWL WOE again today and I'm looking forward to being in ketosis later this week. Hope to be about 7 to 10 lbs lighter by next week, which is doable. It's all the weight I just put on since coming home from Colorado. This AM I was 167.5 lbs. Got so much to do today for school, for students, for house, etc and probably will not walk today. Going to the gym tomorrow.

I'm sending a couple of links today for you to check out. I know that not sleeping well has added to my weight problems (17 year old cat gets out of bed and gets lost due to his cataracts/confused and meows--does so about 3 times a night and interupts my sleep). I wish you all health and good choices. Love you! Debbie

Weight Gain Shockers Pictures Slideshow: Surprising Reasons You're Gaining Weight on MedicineNet.com

Type 2 Diabetes Pictures Slideshow: Learn the Warning Signs on MedicineNet.com
Old 09-27-2011, 12:13 PM   #1706
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Michelynn
Stats: 215/157/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 9/6/11
Quote:
9/21/11

B-Coffee, 1 egg, green pepper, sausage "omlet"

L- leftover pumpkin and sausage soup

D-grilled chicken breast, green beans

200+ oz SF fluids.....165 oz of that was plain water

Mary, I've been reading through this thread and see that you always drink a LOT of water! How do you do it?!
Michelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:51 PM   #1707
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelynn View Post
Mary, I've been reading through this thread and see that you always drink a LOT of water! How do you do it?!
Well, I DO, and it really makes a HUGE difference for me.....BUT I have to say that I was always one of those people (and I REALLY believe it's primarily heavy people/women) who said.... I don't LIKE water.....I never FEEL thirsty.....I'd drink water IF it tasted like Diet Pepsi.......I get PLENTY of water from the foods I eat.......ANY SF fluid is "just the same as drinking water" ......There were probably many more EXCUSES, but until I finally quit trying to "be in control, and do things MY way", and started following the "rules" I was doomed to either NOT lose or to quickly regain everything I'd lost. It's just that simple .....REALLY

Do I still have to work at getting enough PLAIN water in.....YES, YES, and YES BUT I play games with myself, and DO IT.

I figured out long ago that FOR ME it's easier to trick my mind by drinking fewer LARGE glasses/cups/bottles of water than it is to drink many small ones, so I went out and bought a Tervis (Insulated) Tumbler (24 oz) with my Initial on it (DH has one with his initial too) Plus it has a lid and straw, so that works better if you're employed, and after I have my morning coffee, I start filling it with cold water......sometimes it sits there all morning long before I drink it, but I don't let myself have any other SF fluid until I drink it.....(OR I'd go back to drinking Crystal Light or Diet Pepsi all day long). It seems like once I get that first glass down I'm OK. Sometimes I have that TT glass filled with cold water, AND have another large glass of Crystal Light, sitting right there together as I work. Once I start drinking I start FEELING thirsty so it gets easier.

There was a study done years ago that said heavy people mistake thirst for hunger, so they eat, and gain weight. Also I find it's true that it helps make me feel less hungry......or more satisfied when I eat.

Just keep increasing your water intake.....every organ in your body (your SKIN being the largest organ) will thank you for drinking more. You will look, and feel much better. Your brain will "work" better.....your memory will improve. You will have fewer aches and pains (including headaches)

You CAN do it

Last edited by Mary T8M; 09-27-2011 at 08:55 PM..
Old 09-27-2011, 08:59 PM   #1708
Major LCF Poster!

9/26/11

B-Coffee, Protein shake
L-crustless quesadilla with chicken
D-Grilled steak, spinach
S-SF Pudding cup
E-NONE
200 oz fluids....mainly WATER

9/27/11

B-Coffee, 2 eggs, bacon
L-Chicken breast
D- Pork tenderloin
S-SF Pudding cup

MORE than enough water
Old 09-27-2011, 10:05 PM   #1709
Major LCF Poster!

2nd day successfully completed of re-do Week 2.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:22 AM   #1710
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaraMom
Stats: 219.5/149.4/150 (5' 4")
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: July 25, 2011
I like the taste of water so I am lucky that way. BUT I will attest to what Mary just said, drinking more actually makes me thirsty and helps remind me to drink as much as I do! Even though I like the taste of water I never drank what I do now, over 110 oz a day. I also find drinking that much leaves little room for cravings for diet cokes or crystal light stuff. I only let myself count water as WATER.... Its a little mind game but it works. I have about 3 or 4 diet cokes a week, instead of a day like I used to...without effort really.

Try Brita filters. I like the taste better than bottled water. I also try drinking fountains at different places I work or shop. Surprisingly some are tastier than others. And I carry around an empty plastic bottle in case I run into a purified water dispenser like my clinic has. These are just ideas, like Mary's great idea about the tumbler with a straw. Find what works for you!
MaraMom is offline   Reply With Quote