Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2011, 05:38 AM   #1471
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marverboston
Stats: 180
WOE: medi
Start Date: restart 2/24/14
shred

Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to ask if anyone has tried or is doing the 30 day shred w/ Jillian Michaels. Iam on my 2nd day of this program. I searched and it says you burn anywhere from 180 to 200 cals per workout depending on your size.

B: EAS shake
L: 3oz deli chicken slices
S: Turkey pepperoni 17 slices
D: Cod w/ spinach salad
S: Greek 0% fat yogart w/ Pb2 mixed in

3 liters of water

Thats the plan for today. Have a great day!
marverboston is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2011, 09:44 AM   #1472
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by marverboston View Post
Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to ask if anyone has tried or is doing the 30 day shred w/ Jillian Michaels. Iam on my 2nd day of this program. I searched and it says you burn anywhere from 180 to 200 cals per workout depending on your size.

3 liters of water

I have it, and have done it a few times.....really need to do it again. Maybe it won't kick my butt as much
Mary T8M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:54 PM   #1473
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Thanks for the "bark" recipe, Mary! I know that coconut oil is high but it is good for being filling and probiotic. I've used Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (is white, soft, solid) from the health food store--kind of pricey but good, and will help to meet my fix. It kinda sounds like a modified Almond Joy bar!

I'm on day two and doing okay. Exercised yesterday and today.
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:59 PM   #1474
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Quote:
Hi Everyone,

3 liters of water

I have it too. That was how I started my weight loss plan back in March. I did it for 20 of the 30 days and probably lost 1 pound. After I didn't see results I tried Medi Weightloss and that's where I see the most progress. I think I'll try it again now that I am 30 pounds lighter and have more endurance. It kicked my butt too. Those push ups were killer!
Jodi A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:38 AM   #1475
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi A View Post
I have it too. That was how I started my weight loss plan back in March. I did it for 20 of the 30 days and probably lost 1 pound. After I didn't see results I tried Medi Weightloss and that's where I see the most progress. I think I'll try it again now that I am 30 pounds lighter and have more endurance. It kicked my butt too. Those push ups were killer!
Iam hoping to just burn calories and maybe a pound or 2. Eating Medi while doing this shred should be interesting. Your right Jodi on the push ups my arms are sore, but so are my legs! Day 3 of Shred. 7th week of Medi. Mary also said it kicked her butt. I have to say this along with walking 2 miles, not on the same day should help move the scale(I can only hope). I plan on walking on the weekends 2 days and Shred 5 days.

Heres the day:
L: 10 xlarge shrimp
d: Turkey burger w/ salad and spinach
S: Greek yogart with pb2 mixed in

3liters water.
Thanks for posting your thought guys and have a wonderful day. It will be a hot one here in Boston 90, WOW
Old 06-08-2011, 09:14 AM   #1476
Major LCF Poster!

I came, I saw, I conquered

I DID it!!! I beat that evil 20 minute run on C25K.....I had tried, and failed two other times, but I've vowed never to let my negative self talk keep me from my goals again! I was SO excited to go out to run today (WOW did that statement just come from ME????) after having to put off the run yesterday, because of a repairman coming. We went to a new area, so I had different surroundings to act as a distraction.....but really, I don't think I even needed it It was SO much easier than I thought it was going to be! NOW, I'm ready to move forward with nothing standing in my way!

On the "weight" front, I think all of this running and the other workouts I've been doing MAY be building muscle which we all know weighs more than fat! My weight is up a couple of pounds (and has been for a few days) but I can actually SEE that my baggy tummy is changing, and my clothes are fitting differently too.....not really better YET, just different!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 06-08-2011, 03:53 PM   #1477
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
I DID it!!! I beat that evil 20 minute run on C25K.....I had tried, and failed two other times, but I've vowed never to let my negative self talk keep me from my goals again! I was SO excited to go out to run today (WOW did that statement just come from ME????) after having to put off the run yesterday, because of a repairman coming. We went to a new area, so I had different surroundings to act as a distraction.....but really, I don't think I even needed it It was SO much easier than I thought it was going to be! NOW, I'm ready to move forward with nothing standing in my way!

On the "weight" front, I think all of this running and the other workouts I've been doing MAY be building muscle which we all know weighs more than fat! My weight is up a couple of pounds (and has been for a few days) but I can actually SEE that my baggy tummy is changing, and my clothes are fitting differently too.....not really better YET, just different!
Mary: Incredible! Yeah, you! I know we get distracted by the silly number on the scale but you are right, muscle weighs more.
Jodi A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:15 PM   #1478
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everybody!

I'm on Day 3 of my restart. By this AM I'd lost 5 lbs! I hope to still lose another 4 to 6 before next Monday. Unfortunately I am not sticking with only protein, but I'm eating like week 2. I checked for ketosis the first two days and of course I wasn't yet in ketosis. I've been exercising every day, unlike when I did week one originally, so I feel like I needed the slight carbs I'm eating (spinach and peas and cherry tomatoes in my salad, and GG crackers) so I'm still not in ketosis. Drinking lots of water too! Not taking AS, but I am taking Fat Burner at least once a day and multivitamins and Sublingual B12.

Today I divided my usual 2 to 2 1/2 mile route into six parts, alternated jogging and then walking each part....so I ended up jogging over 1 mile all together!! Whew! First time since early October!! Mary, I just kept thinking of you and Lins the whole time!!! Thank you friends for the accountability and the encouragement we have here!!!

Last edited by Fit2010; 06-08-2011 at 07:22 PM..
Old 06-10-2011, 09:43 AM   #1479
Senior LCF Member

To Everyone Posting: Iam so impressed with the running that some of you are doing. You should be proud I know whatever it is, as long as we keep on moving and trying we will all be better off. Iam still plugging away at the 30 day Shred on day 5. I have to say it is getting better. I will try level 2 on Monday! Keep going strong all!
Old 06-11-2011, 03:51 AM   #1480
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning,
I wanted to say Iam down 1 pound now at 148. Iam on the slow side of weight loss but, a loss is a loss, as most of you would say! Day 6 of Shred and heres my plan for the day. I hope you all meet your goals large or mini for the day and keep on moving

L: 3oz slowcooker chicken breast (love the slowcooker)
D: 5oz bbq grilled chicken breast w/ grillmates
salad
S: sf Jello w/ rediwhip on top, maybe 1/2cup greek yogart w/pb2

E: Jillian Michaels Shred
Old 06-12-2011, 03:38 AM   #1481
Senior LCF Member

rainy sunday

Hi Guys,
I just keep on logging here to keep me accountable, hope you all don't mind!!
Did the 2nd level of Shred it was hard but, it really felt good after finishing. I will be going at it again today. No walking it is really raw and raining pretty hard outside here. So here is the day:

B: Bobs Red Mill baking mix (pancakes),vermontmaid sf lc syrup,canadian bacon
L: 3oz deli chicken
D: miricle noodles w/ Bel Vita Spicy Sauce and 2oz chicken breast mixed in salad w/ spinach
S: GG crackers w/ a 1/2 wedge LC, Greek yogart w/ pb2

E: level2 Shred

Have a wonderful hopefully dry day. Hope you are all doing well.

Cathy
Old 06-12-2011, 05:08 PM   #1482
Major LCF Poster!

Cathy I'm still here too, just got a little distracted for a couple days!

6/10/11
B-Coffee, Protein shake
L-egg salad rolled up in lettuce leaves
S-iced coffee
D-taco salad

100 sit-ups on balance ball,
Water, Water, and more Water

6/11/11
B-Coffee, protein shake
C25K (NOT a good day.....just felt "off" ) 100 sit-ups
L-grilled fish lettuce salad
Nap
D-Stuffed Green Pepper Casserole with TVP
S-Pork Rinds
Not enough water

6/12/11
B-Coffee, 1 real egg, laughing cow cheese
L-2 Chicken hot dogs, with mustard
S-Iced coffee
D-Grilled chicken breast topped with Bill's homemade tomatillo salsa
Walked
LOTS of plain water
Old 06-13-2011, 07:24 AM   #1483
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
Cathy I'm still here too, just got a little distracted for a couple days!

6/10/11
B-Coffee, Protein shake
L-egg salad rolled up in lettuce leaves
S-iced coffee
D-taco salad

100 sit-ups on balance ball,
Water, Water, and more Water

6/11/11
B-Coffee, protein shake
C25K (NOT a good day.....just felt "off" ) 100 sit-ups
L-grilled fish lettuce salad
Nap
D-Stuffed Green Pepper Casserole with TVP
S-Pork Rinds
Not enough water

6/12/11
B-Coffee, 1 real egg, laughing cow cheese
L-2 Chicken hot dogs, with mustard
S-Iced coffee
D-Grilled chicken breast topped with Bill's homemade tomatillo salsa
Walked
LOTS of plain water
Thanks for keeping me company Mary!
Iam reading your menus and was wondering how many calories a day are you eating? I think Iam overdoing it. What are your thoughts?? I think your workout routines are impressive. 100 situps WOW! I know you also run so I for you. Keep it up. The water thing is tricky I always drink 3 liters and boy it it hard to do somedays.

Here is the plan:
D: 5oz ck. breast w/ salad
S: Greek 0% yogart 1/2 cup, w/ pb2 tea. mixed in.
E: level 2 Shred
*** says Iam 454 cals for the day. So I may eat 2oz more of ck breast at dinner.
Thanks again for the company Mary. Everyone have a good day
Cathy
Old 06-13-2011, 09:38 AM   #1484
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks for keeping me company Mary!
Iam reading your menus and was wondering how many calories a day are you eating? I think Iam overdoing it. What are your thoughts?? I think your workout routines are impressive. 100 situps WOW! I know you also run so I for you. Keep it up. The water thing is tricky I always drink 3 liters and boy it it hard to do somedays.

Here is the plan:
D: 5oz ck. breast w/ salad
S: Greek 0% yogart 1/2 cup, w/ pb2 tea. mixed in.
E: level 2 Shred
*** says Iam 454 cals for the day. So I may eat 2oz more of ck breast at dinner.
Thanks again for the company Mary. Everyone have a good day
Cathy
welllllll, as of today I'm back to weighing and measuring EVERYTHING! I've become lax in that department!:blush: So in reality I'm probably eating way more than my 500-700 calories. That may add to the slowdown on my weightloss......BUT without the AS or Fat Burner (we no longer go to the clinic) it tough at times.
MOST days I get well over 200 ounces of fluids, and usually get 110-120 ounces of plain water.
I do the sit-ups on the balance ball, so for me it's much more comfortable. I started with only 10, and added 5 each time I did them. I'll post my whole day's menu later along with calories

Last edited by Mary T8M; 06-13-2011 at 09:40 AM..
Old 06-13-2011, 10:20 AM   #1485
Major LCF Poster!

I've been working on recommiting to MWL for the past 3 weeks. I keep making excuses for eating veggies and fruit during my week one, especially after 3 or 4 days. I'm going to update my weight. Today it is 163.4 lbs. It has been in that range for a couple of months. I really thought I could get to my previous setpoint range of 153 without having to post it here!! I have to admit that after moving oldest DD to Tx and coming back I was WAY up, nearly at 170. So, this week was successful to get off that weight. But I am still 20 to 25 lbs higher than my goal weight. I have a couple of health issues I'm waiting to hear results from (MRI, ultrasound, numbness, etc) and I fight back and forth with being depressed about that. Ugh! I have the best opportunity NOW to lose this weight, these inches. I tried on my Mother of the Bride dress today and it fit except for the bust/chest area (too tight and cannot zip myself), but I could get the jacket on fine. Still, I want to feel better in it as the wedding is about 10 weeks away! So, bottom line, I'm gonna do week one as you are supposed to. I'm pulling out my old papers. I've gotta lose this cellulite! (And get rid of the cravings, cuz truth be told I don't fill the cravings with only veggies and fruits )
Old 06-13-2011, 04:17 PM   #1486
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
I've been working on recommiting to MWL for the past 3 weeks. I keep making excuses for eating veggies and fruit during my week one, especially after 3 or 4 days. I'm going to update my weight. Today it is 163.4 lbs. It has been in that range for a couple of months. I really thought I could get to my previous setpoint range of 153 without having to post it here!! I have to admit that after moving oldest DD to Tx and coming back I was WAY up, nearly at 170. So, this week was successful to get off that weight. But I am still 20 to 25 lbs higher than my goal weight. I have a couple of health issues I'm waiting to hear results from (MRI, ultrasound, numbness, etc) and I fight back and forth with being depressed about that. Ugh! I have the best opportunity NOW to lose this weight, these inches. I tried on my Mother of the Bride dress today and it fit except for the bust/chest area (too tight and cannot zip myself), but I could get the jacket on fine. Still, I want to feel better in it as the wedding is about 10 weeks away! So, bottom line, I'm gonna do week one as you are supposed to. I'm pulling out my old papers. I've gotta lose this cellulite! (And get rid of the cravings, cuz truth be told I don't fill the cravings with only veggies and fruits )
Deb you're just WAAAAY too hard on yourself! When I read that you had gained and were worried about the dress fitting, I had visions of you not being able to get it zipped AT ALL, so just take a deep breath, and do one day at a time. You'll get the weight off, but remember stress is NOT your friend......it makes you gain weight, or at least slow the loss! Once you get your medical results you'll be able to make a better plan of action.

It's so BLASTED hot here I'm really struggling just going outside much less exercising. THEN I got in the pool today and about FROZE Guess there's just no pleasing some people

I decided I needed to re-focus as well, but I'm not really "willing" (I think that's the right word, since for me it's a choice) to not have veggies/fruits at all for a week. I need the carbs to exercise, and sure don't need any excuse to NOT exercise (I can come up with enough of them on my own at any given second) so I'm doing week 2 and beyond, BUT I'm back to weighing and measuring! Today was day 1 of this and so far, so good.

Hang in there girlfriend, we're all in this together!
Old 06-13-2011, 04:25 PM   #1487
Major LCF Poster!

6/13/11

OK as promised here's how my day broke down

B-Coffee, Greek Yogurt w Splenda and cinnamon 180 cal

C25K

L-Deli Smoked Turkey(8 THIN slices), in 3 lettuce leaves 100 Cal
S- Iced coffee
D- 5 oz VERY lean (tasty but dry) beef, 1/2 C green beans, 275 Cal
2 radishes, 2 T tomatillo salsa
total calories 555

So far today I've had about 200 ounces of total fluids.....96 oz of plain water

Last edited by Mary T8M; 06-13-2011 at 04:27 PM..
Old 06-13-2011, 09:41 PM   #1488
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Mary! I had not even pulled the dress out of the bridal shop plastic wrap since I put it in my closet on December 22nd! I was pleased I could pull it over my legs and surprised I could zip it up over my hips and waist and ribs. I hadn't looked at it closely in December but in awe I examined the dress today to see that the liner is jersey-like material and the layers are sewn on to it to lay nicely. But the bodice doesn't have the stretchy fabric, so that's why it didn't "give"! So, I still need to lose about 3" (think of handfuls of back flab!)

This evening I went to the YMCA to Aqua Zumba (first time!) I met 3 other gals and I'm so excited that we all became friends instantly and all have goals to lose 10 to 25 lbs in the next 10 weeks!! I am excited to have "in the flesh" peer accountability!! So fun to know that I will be seeing them and that we all expect each others success!! We even got on the scales, soaking wet, and at 8:45 pm. I would never usually do that! We are serious! I had a successful week one day today!
Old 06-14-2011, 02:35 AM   #1489
Senior LCF Member

good day ahead

Hello to everyone
Mary thanks for your break down of your calories, it helps alot. Your saying it's hot where you are and here I need to wear sweatshirts and a thermal top to stay warm! Summer will get up here sometime I guess. I wanted to say we all have a plan here for the month of June so lets cheer eachother on and hope we can do it: It is early and I plan on going to do level 2 Shred in a few minutes before the kidos get up. So here is the plan for Tuesday:
B: real egg w/ 1slice canadian bacon
L: chick breast 3oz. (crockpot)
D: homemade turkey burger 5oz,w/ salad
S: 1/2cup greek yogart w/ sf jello mixed in w/ 1tea ff coolwhip (think mousse)
E: level2 Shred
3-4 liters water

Everyone have a great day and enjoy
Cathy
Old 06-14-2011, 04:36 PM   #1490
Major LCF Poster!

Good job Cathy. I'm heading out the door to get to the YMCA for a 1-hour hydrobox and aqua zumba class. It's hot here too, so I enjoy being in the pool. I'm so thankful for A/C here at home! Almost at the end of another day of good eating choices. Gotta stay away from nuts and fruit and junk. I'm determined! Yes, let's do it!!
Debbie
Old 06-14-2011, 04:45 PM   #1491
Major LCF Poster!

6/14/11

B-Coffee, 1 real egg, with just a tiny bit of shredded cheese
L-chicken breast, 1/2 oz pork rinds
D-L-A-R-G-E salad with 4 oz of thin sliced beef (very lean) We went fishing today before it got hot, so not much exercise, but LOTS of fluids I'm at 195 ounces right now

I decided to skip my afternoon snack of iced coffee to see if that will help the "effort"

PROTEIN CALORIES
B-100
L-180
D-220
protein calories today just over 500

(DH made the salad and it had too many veggies, but I did everything except lick the plate! It was SO good)
Old 06-15-2011, 01:52 PM   #1492
Senior LCF Member

Hi Debbie and Mary,
Iam jealous you are having such hot days! I would love to be able to just get out and walk the dogs but the rain and drizzle seem like it here. Tomorrow should be a good day with sun.
Debbie using the pool must be so nice on your bones and joints. I have found the nut monster in me, I can't stop at 22 almonds. I will have to stop having them too. Mary did you catch any fish?
Well here is the day. (GO BRUINS!!!)

B: EAS shake-110
L: lf hotdog -110
D: pulled pork 5oz 220,w/ salad and spinach
S: Greek yorgart w/ waldenfarm sf choc. sauce 80
E: Shreding level2

520 total--
Guys, Iam not counting the exercise in for extra calories. What are you thoughts or comments????
Old 06-15-2011, 07:34 PM   #1493
Major LCF Poster!

6/15/11

B-Coffee, Greek yogurt w blackberries, and Splenda

Just when we were about to go do C25K it started to thunder, lightening and spit rain .........we went to a thrift store to shop instead

L- chicken breast, diet pepsi (at least I HOPE it was DIET)
D-Beef brisket, broccoli (we're tring to use up all the meat in the freezer)

PROTEIN CALORIES
B-100
L-105
D-360
Old 06-15-2011, 09:42 PM   #1494
Major LCF Poster!

Down to 160.4 lbs this AM. Doing pretty well with eating, but this evening grabbed handfuls of hulled pistachios. (No, No!) Enjoyed aqua zumba again this evening--FUN!
Old 06-16-2011, 03:38 AM   #1495
Senior LCF Member

Yeah Bruins!!!
Up Late last night, but Up early today. Got in my exercise and ready for a good SUNNY day

Debbie great going on your loss! We are going to do great the month is 1/2 way done. I have to say ate a few xtra snacks last night so I went over my 520 and up to 600.
L: 3oz ck breast
D: 93% hamburger w/ salad and spinach
S: Greek yogart w/ sf jello
E: shred level2
Old 06-16-2011, 07:13 AM   #1496
Major LCF Poster!

Weight barely up today, to 160.5 lbs. I think I need to drink MORE water.

Stick with it Cathy! It's overcast and we are expecting thunder and rain today. Hope it doesn't cancel outdoor YMCA aqua zumba this evening! Tomorrow the high will be 102 degrees. You don't want it THAT hot!
Old 06-16-2011, 07:35 AM   #1497
Major LCF Poster!

KUTGW ladies! Deb DRINK YOUR WATER! Especially with the heat, and exercise!

The rainy season may have FINALLY started we had a nice storm yesterday (except the power went out.....twice) but it was a touch cooler this morning and still a little hazy, so doing C25K was better! I repeated W6D2 (after the 5 min warm-up, run 10 min, walk 3, run 10, then a 5 min cool-down) I follow this immediately with stretches, and I'm good to go!

I plan on having a higher calorie day today. Still ON plan just more protein calories....probably a few more carbs too since I had 2 fruits this morning for breakfast.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:56 AM   #1498
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Mary! Yes, I think you should switch it up calorie-wise every so often when you are at a stall!

Our aqua zumba class last pm included 2 laps in the "outdoor river" of the YMCA water park...in those labs we RAN in the water and did side steps/squats. Great workout! No sweat because it was in the cool water! I love looking up to the sky, wearing my sunglasses, and "spacing out" that I'm in a class at times...enjoying the outdoors while exercising!!

Last edited by Fit2010; 06-16-2011 at 08:58 AM..
Old 06-17-2011, 06:18 AM   #1499
Senior LCF Member

keep on keeping on ladies

Got up early to workout. Had a bad night with a pure protein bar, the protein bar won. I ended eating the whole bar instead of the plan to have half. Ok then I ended the day with 700 cals, but that was yesterday can't go back, there is only going ahead so here is the day:
B:EAS shake
Leli chicken 3oz
D:10 shrimp w/ miricle noodles and bel vita spicy sauce 1/4cup. I call this shrimp fra diavolo!
S:Greek yogart w/ sf jello
NO Pure Protein Bar (ate it last night)
E:Shred level2
Everyone have a great day rain or shine it is going to be a good one Lets keep on moving!!

Cathy
Old 06-17-2011, 06:29 AM   #1500
Major LCF Poster!

6/16/11

B-Coffee, VERY small apple w 2T peanutbutter, protein shake w 1/4C blackberries, and almond milk

C25K week6 day 2

L-2 Turkey brats, glucomannan "pudding" w coolwhip lite
S-Pork Rinds (at movie instead of popcorn)
D-1/2 C broccoli, turkey breast, glucomannan pudding w coolwhip lite

PROTEIN CALORIES
B-300
L-270
S-120
D-245