Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 12:06 PM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 190/172/137
WOE: LC-my way
Start Date: January 26, 2011/ restart 5/7/14
Wow, p90x is tough! You go girl! Did you love the yoga? I am a big yoga lover.

FRIDAY - - 1 coffee
L - ck legs, green beans, water
D - burger pattis from mc'ds, water

Exc: 1 hour yoga, weights: chest fly, squats, hip add/abd, triceps, deltoid, glutes

oops, I had two small potato chips w/dip and a big gulp of punch...kids were over with snacks.

SATURDAY:
B - LC Cinnamon toast crunch w/ unsweet almond milk (cut up my lavish tortilla into little strips, spray Pam on a plate, lay out the strips, spray pam again on the strips, sprinkle with splenda and cinnamon, microwave until crispy - tada! YUM-aY! )

L - LC taco, water

D - dunno yet. ...green beans and fish probably.

Sitting around with the channel changer today...It's just 2pm and I already want to go nap. No motivation at all.
Jillian Michaels DVD's & Running/Jogging

Last edited by THIN TASTES BETTER; 03-20-2010 at 12:07 PM..
THIN TASTES BETTER is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2010, 08:50 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sshals
Stats: 5'4" 264/192/132
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 02/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by THIN TASTES BETTER View Post
The Yoga class I attend is 'gentle yoga' and at least 20 minutes of the class is relaxation and breathing techniques. The poses are not intense at all. Then, the treadmill I do is so low impact and just barely gets me heart rate going. My trainer suggested a little light cardio before going into my weight circuit.
One of the things that was weird for me when I started the program was that I was told to cut back on the intensity if my exercise. Although I was just doing run/walk intervals on the treadmill 5 times a week my heart rate stayed between 160 and 175 after the warm-up.

So the first two weeks I cut way back and just walked at a relaxed pace 4 times a week for 30 minutes. After that, I added two days of hour long work-outs with a trainer with a lot of circuits and strength training.

I've spoken with three different counselors about it, and had been determined to ignore their advice regarding exercise (which was not to do anything strenuous - and especially not to do strength training). But then the third counselor offered more concrete advice. She asked me if the trainer had me using any more than light weights - light being defined as 2 lbs or less. My silence was her answer. She pointed out that, because I am eating so few calories, doing more than light strength training could slow my weight loss. So I am going to cut back on the strength training for a week or two and see if it makes a difference. I am happy with my loss, but would be so much happier if I could lose another pound a week. After my test, I'll decide strength training or no strength training.

Anyway, you had mentioned that your losses were less then you expected and I imagine that my favorite counselor would tell you that it's not the exercise, it's the strength training in particular.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:07 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Anyway, you had mentioned that your losses were less then you expected and I imagine that my favorite counselor would tell you that it's not the exercise, it's the strength training in particular.

I will be curious to hear back when you decide whether or not the strength training is for you.

For me, the strength training has been where I have seen the most difference in my shape. My weights are definately not less than 2 lbs. It's real circuit work and I do sweat.
I just feel like the treadmill cardio was doing nothing at all for me, no matter if I walked, ran, long or short intervals. I do however use it to get my blood rushing to move into weights.
As for the Yoga, my flexibility has improved drasticly. I feel limber and alive and completely refreshed when I walk out of there...hehehe

Btw, PLEASE TELL ME what that avatar is???? Dying to know....I stared at it forever and just can't figure it out.

B- Hamburger Patti, tea
L-2 deviled eggs, tea
D-1 ck leg, spinach, tea

S-almonds

Exc:
20 min. Yoga at home
Old 03-21-2010, 01:45 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sshals
Stats: 5'4" 264/192/132
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 02/2010
Quote:
I will be curious to hear back when you decide whether or not the strength training is for you....
For me, the strength training has been where I have seen the most difference in my shape.

Btw, PLEASE TELL ME what that avatar is???? Dying to know....I stared at it forever and just can't figure it out.
I know strength training will be very important to me at some point and I couldn't have imagined not doing it before. On the other hand, I have a lot of weight to lose, so an extra pound a week would get me to my goal 2 months faster. There will be plenty of time for weight training then! I'll definitely let you know what I discover from my experiment

My avatar is a cropped from a photo I took. It's a tray full of dice that are spinning with the camera focused on the center die
Sshals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:41 PM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Hi Thin, Are you sure you're still getting 600 cal in protein? Doesn't look like you're eating much. And when I'd done the P90X Saturday AM with my daughter it was during mainly the stretching portion, which was nice....not the jumping from pose to pose portion. Then we went to a movie and out to eat. I tried to be good...Sat even had Applebee's shrimp and spinach salad (delish!) and then decided to have a mango margarita too. Sunday AM I was in trace ketosis still.

Sunday AM - Carbmasters yogurt
Lunch-big get together with friends/20 year reunion type thing/no restraint
Supper-broiled chicken w/mozz cheese and spagetti sauce
S-Celery and peanut butter

No exercise today. Lack of restraint is going to be a deal breaker in loss this week. I've had allergy sinus/chest problems for 8 days and yesterday finally started antibiotics. I tell you, being sick just makes me crave carbs. I hate it! Rather, I have no resolve/strength to resist. My voice has been hoarse for 8 days. Gotta rest some tomorrow.

Last edited by Fit2010; 03-21-2010 at 11:47 PM..
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:04 AM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
Hi Everyone!

Glad to hear everyone is going great. I've been soo busy with work and school and baby girl is still sick. I have a call into the doctors today to see if I can sneak her in.

Im back in week 1 becuase I have this nasty habit of turning to food when Im stressed out/depressed. The good news is that Im fully aware of it, and ready to start again (again). I know, I sound like a broken record. I need to get through these tough times in other ways, and maybe now is the time to consider a therapist.

Either way, here is may day so far:

B: Protein Shake (106) and Coffee (50)
L: 3.8 oz chicken (134.4) and Coffee (50)
S: Tuna w/lemon (100)
D: Planned 3oz Filet Minon (165)

Estimated Total: 505.4 Protein Cals

Exercise: Run (17.52 min. 1.58 miles) Cals burned: 186
Old 03-22-2010, 11:47 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

So all this time I had not been counting my sweetener!!!!!
*smacking forehead with palm*
My 'generic' Equal packets are 1 carb EACH! They say less than 1g, but I am rounding up. I guess I should go back to splenda.

Also, what I wrote down yesterday was premature. Because after lunch, I absolutely pigged out. So let me redo what I wrote too early.

SUNDAY

B - Bf Patti *8oz, tea
L - 2 deviled eggs, spinach souffle (made w/eggs & skim milk from a frozen box-not homemade), tilapia filet, tea
S - a small snack BAG of Cashews...BAD BAD BAD - knocked me out of ketosis darn it!!!! Cashews are the DEVIL! I just could not stop! ...and I KNOW that there are a few more left in the bag in the truck and I am dying to go finish them off.
D - 1 hot dog w/chz, big salad (iceburg lettuce and a little tomato, ranch), a pickle and tea

11 pm (watched "Life" on discovery channel AWESOME!) - 2 ck legs, pickle, almond milk cocoa

It's so hard when I cook, especially on the weekends when the hubby and kids are here, because I have to cook them one dinner (which is usually pasta or rice or rolls or potatoes)...and then I have to cook mine and half the time I am still cooking my dinner while they are eating theirs and they are finished by the time I sit down to the table. ...I know, I should manage my time better.

==================================
This morning I had:

B - 2 Eggs, almond milk cocoa (2 carbs)
L - Bf Patti (8oz) w/ chz lettuce, mayo mixture, tea

Back in ketosis after lunch, whew!

Slept till 10:45 and missed yoga...Hate it when I do that!

Looks like all of us are struggling these last few days.

ITS OK, because we are still trudging along! Back to the basics!!! We can do this!
Old 03-22-2010, 12:53 PM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Dream and Thin....I love it! (Are we DREAMING we can be THIN and FIT?!)
I love our resolve. We are still working on LIFE and this is the way it is. We are being honest. Work, school, kids (ok, my daughter came in from out of town and is an adult, but still, you want to eat and hang out and she's studying in grad school to be an eating disorders counselor! Did I cause that in her life?) Guilt and reward is such a big issue it sounds like for a lot of women, definitely for me. Just today Kimberly and I were talking about that maybe I should see somebody about this. (During what free time?--actually I think in the summertime when I'm not teaching nursing students....) You can see her (Kimberly's photo) w/ me if you click on my avatar to see another photo. That was her usual build....she started "controlling" how much she'd weigh by exercising when she was at the end of her freshman year in high school (at age 14) and lost like 18 lbs in 2 months...and lost her period....and STOPPED her body's fullfillment of puberty. The photo was taken about 18 months ago. Just this past 14 months she's restarted puberty (at age 22) and gained 33 lbs, now has hips and B cup boobs! Though she hadn't binged/purged/nor was anorexic anytime from 14 to 22 years old, she was way too controlled in exercise during a susceptible time in her life. She now wants to help others have better body images. A friend influenced her issue way back years ago, then perfectionistic tendencies made her more "controlled" though I always saw her eat healthily she was just so active in cheerleading and aerobic exercise. She developed reactive hypoglycemia at about age 15 and that made eating even more "disciplined." I started perimenopausal weight gain about 12 years ago and I think that may have added to her wanting to be in control of how she would weigh during her lifetime.

MY body image issue started at an earlier age than hers. I lived in a rough area of Hawaii (yes, there are those, especially back then when I was in 6th grade, and my friends stole from stores, I never did). I moved on base, away from those friends in 7th grade and one day walked about 1 1/2 miles to the on base quick store with my quarter to buy a snickers honestly....got there, took it to the register, and it was 30cents. So rather than go home and get another nickel or forget it, I pretended to put it back and stole it. I told myself I was going to go home and return with the 5 cents but eat the snickers enroute, I was lying to myself! Got caught a couple steps out of the store...they called my dad...big to do (military police scare!) Then, soon after began babysitting for a couple and their refrigerator was stocked, and the lady opened it and said, help yourself, we always have ice cream, etc. I pigged out on marachino cherries especially. It was a hidden thing nobody knew about but me, and it was ok with the family. I felt so guilty and we never discussed it. But it was always stocked. I need counseling! I reward myself when I feel feelings I don't like, do like, am tired, etc.

I'm surprised I was never over 200 lbs. I told myself for YEARS that the most I'd ever weighed fully pregnant was 170 so that was my TOP limit and I could get there then go down between 145 to 165. I can't get down anymore. This time was TOP end was 190. I'm back to 170 and I have a hard time allowing myself more discipline because I feel like I haven't gotten control yet. Who can keep me from this burden! Thanks be to God that His grace is bigger than all this complexity I build up in my mind! I would work on it but now I don't have minutes of a day to unclutter the chaos due to work and grad school schedule....so, I write here to be at least accountable so I cannot lie to myself any longer. I truly do want to make a mini goal of getting to 160 though. I think it's doable and that I'm allowed that. I need to focus on smaller goals and not be overwhelmed. My girls have also told me that if I got back to 140 they would think that's too close to their weight and they just think I should be bigger than them (though I was 140 most of their lives until about 10 years ago, but that's when they started and were going through their adolescence, they are 22 1/2 and 25 yo). They want me to be fit and healthy....so that is really more my goal than the weight. They are both active physically, eat healthy, have secure hearts and minds, and boyfriends who are great. I gotta let this GO....Kimberly was telling me today: "With awareness comes responsibility." So I need to retrain my brain about how to look at food. Jo says she just looks at food as FUEL, and that she rewards herself with exercise and hikes.

This is part of the journey....looking out for traps, better routes to get to the destination safely, and enjoying the view. Thanks for walking along beside me! We're gonna have to take it a step at a time!

Monday 3/22
B-carbmasters yogurt
L-Went to the Good Egg (could only eat 1/3 of Baconater omelet, english muffin, 3 bites of browned potatoes (not my fav)

Focusing today on drinking LOTS more water again. Took an appetite suppressant and fat burner when got home, finding otherwise when I "allow myself" to blow it I avoid taking these to "save them for a good day" but end up continuing to have a blow it day. Not too smart, huh?! So, I'm changing my thinking about this.

Last edited by Fit2010; 03-22-2010 at 01:08 PM..
Old 03-22-2010, 04:14 PM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

I was reflecting on how I'd debriefed today to my daughter and to you in the above posting and I JUST HAD AN EPIPHANY! When I was in 7th and 8th grade I had strep throat/tonsilitis nearly 8 times each year. Over and over again doctors put me on penicillin. If you've read any of my previous postings about how I crave carbs when I'm on antibiotics you'd see what I just realized. Antibiotics can knock out your "good" bacteria in your gut so that other things "take over" control in there, including yeast (which is candida) which LOVES simple carbs because they are easily digested and satisfy the yeast/cause bloating/etc. In my lifetime I've been on so many antibiotics due to URI stuff, including sinus infections. Steroids also trigger candida, which I've been on due to swelling in URI in past. I need an internal body transplant! I have been "feeding" allergies (remember I thought I'd become allergic to corn, well it's in EVERYTHING, including maraschino cherries, candy, etc) but I've loved it so much and craved it that I've ignored body signals and satisfied myself anyway. Allergy can cause inflammation and rhinitis, can cause infection, can cause need of antibiotic, can cause candida, ficious cycle. I feel better on the protein diet but its so hard to stay there in this world. Susie, Jo, and Macauley are right...I need to go through the recipes and find low carb/MWL friendly treats to satisfy me and not succumb to the temptations that so easily take me off track. Choices have made me feel guilty, but understanding better makes me feel less of a hopeless failure.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:29 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Fit, I think your daughter said it best. "Awareness comes with responsibility."..and "Think of food as fuel" and reward yourself with exercise with that new energy that fuel gives you. She does know what she is talking about.

The other day I read something on this board that went something like this....when the chips are down for an alcholic, they feel that they will deserve that drink, so they..."Drink back at it".

For us...."Don't Eat At it" ...reward yourself in another way. (I TOO have a weakness for choc covered cherries!...can't eat just one!)
Oh and I laughed at the 30 cent snicker story...I know it wasn't meant to be funny, but I 'snickered' a bit...

With all of your complicated medical issues, you might visit your nutrition counselor.

Outstanding.... your daughter's ambition and desire to help others with eating disorders. It will be very rewarding. She is very pretty...I know you are proud of her!

....now I have to fuss at you (as I would expect you to do the same for me)....an English muffin and Potatoes??? really??? For me, that would jump start my cravings early in the morning. I know those english muffins are full of bad white stuff....ok done fussing.

We Can Do This! NOW will never come again.

For me today...
I wrote my B and L earlier....not too much to add except...
Mid day snack..1min muffin (I still hate these things but tried it with cinnamon and sweetener today...going to keep trying to get it right.)
Dinner...Big fat hamburger topped with fried egg and spicy pickle chow chow...and tea, 1 equal..."counting my sweeteners now"

no excercise...too darn lazy

Last edited by THIN TASTES BETTER; 03-22-2010 at 06:39 PM..
Old 03-22-2010, 08:19 PM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Thin....I feel better now that I've come "clean"! (Love the snicker reference!)

So, wasn't hungry again all day (due to AS and fatburner) and for supper at 7:30pm had
angus beef patty, mushrooms, cheese (put under broiler); ate w/low carb ketschup

Meeting a new group of students tomorrow I'll work with in ICUs for the next 7 weeks....I'm still hoarse and practically have no voice (better than past 3 days though)..... must teach aloud ALL day tomorrow. Pray for me!

I'll be good....thanks for the support.

Debbie
Old 03-23-2010, 05:12 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Gotta type fast cuz American Idol is on...

Ok..so

B-2eggs, tea no sweetener
L-2lemon chk legs, caprise salad, tea 1 sweet pkt..wait no..2
D-big hamburger patti, green beans, diet coke

water, water

1hr Yoga
18min elliptical
Full body motion circuit

I'll have cocoa later

TTYL
Old 03-23-2010, 06:20 PM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Thin....I'm watching AI also! I really like Crystal and Michael.
Made it through the day teaching my students, still very hoarse, had one episode of coughing so hard and couldn't stop for over 2 mins...Blech!

B-egg whites
L-lots of deviled eggs (w/dill pickle relish), celery
D-grilled shrimp
S-cocoa almonds

Oh, lost weight too!

Last edited by Fit2010; 03-23-2010 at 06:21 PM..
Old 03-24-2010, 11:54 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
Hi Everyone!!

B: Protein Shake and Coffee
Snack: Chicken Broth
L: Rot. Chicken Breast
D: TBD

Exercise: 2.25 run @ 10.5 minute miles = 24.34 minutes and 262 cals burned (does not include warm up and cool down/stretching)

Overall - excellent day!

Now, what's for dinner?
DreamWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:36 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday

B-2eggs, water
L-3 lemon ck legs, caprese salad, green salad, water
D-double cheesburger, no bun McD's
2 crown & diet ck, 2 michelob ultra, 1 bud lite (yeah, I know) Went bar hopping with the girls. No worries, we had a DD.

1 hr morning yoga
6 min elliptical
weights: (2 sets of 12) hip add/abd, deltoid, chest fly, glutes, abs, triceps

============================
Today

hungover, i am too old to drink like that and easily recover ...ugggh
back in ketosis this morning

B-eggs&sausage, tea
L-lc shake, ck mayo mixture...blech
D-tbd
Old 03-25-2010, 09:29 PM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

3/24 WED
B-carbmasters yogurt
L-BBQ beef, 1/2 bun, green beans
S-celery w/cream ch, cocoa almonds
D-grilled ch breasts/mozz cheese/mayo/in lettuce leaves
S-made dietpitachio pudding using almond milk and ricotta cheese

3/25 THUR continued in ketosis
B-carbmasters yogurt
L-scrambled eggs/bacon/a little cheese
S-cheese
D-beirock
S-cocoa almonds
worked a 14 hour shift, CRAZY the last 8 hours!
Old 03-26-2010, 04:44 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Friday

woke up at 11am so missed breakfast... lazy me

L- taco salad, crystal lite
S-wasabi/soy sauce Almonds...Yum!
Water
D-left over taco meatw/chz, ck stuff w/jalepenos and mont. jack chz, crystal lite
3 bites off of atkins bar
I know I'll make some flax cinnamon toast crunch w/ almond milk tonight.

Body motion weight circuit 2 sets 12 each (6 arm machines, 3legs, back &abs)
Old 03-26-2010, 07:38 PM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
Thin, Fit and Dream,
I want in on this! The three of you really have a great thred here and your support of each other is so strong. I've read all of your posts and can identify with everyone.

I've struggled my entire life and am just now finally able to believe I'm going to get control of this issue. I was anorexic in my teens and early 20's, then was pretty normal weight for years. Even managed to get back down to a normal size after babies. But once I hit 40, I really started gaining. And not "for no reason" but because I ate everything in site. I even started binge eating and sometimes I really couldn't stop.

I've been on the program for 6 weeks and am just shy of a 20 pound loss. The biggest thing is that I'm really becoming aware of my body and what works best for it. I have ulcerative colitis and irritable bowel syndrome and now without all the junk I was eating, am starting to wonder if my mom was right in thinking that I might have celiac disease as well. I'm also allergic to corn and yet just kept right on eating it anyway. As Fit said, it's in everything!!

So anyway, I'm hoping I can join in your in and out thread. Here's what I've got today.

B - 1 egg
L - 2 oz. turkey, string cheese, one celery stalk
S - Scallops
D - Ground beef with cheese and salsa (kinda like a shell-less taco salad)
Water
6 miles on the bike (about 35 minutes)
Old 03-26-2010, 11:34 PM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Welcome TyDream!

You come right in and make yourself at home! You are MORE than welcome to walk our walk.

Some of us disappear for awhile, but come on back. And we don't judge. We just trudge through...the falls, the ups..we just put ourselves out there and we are not sker'd.hehe.

Life takes you on the path of your own flow. Logging in and writing down what I do daily DOES (in some way) hold me accountable.

I think I am actually in a stall but I am NOT giving up. Staying on the path and learning how to eat by reading other LC er's posts helps me to not make mistakes on this diet.

My problem is that I sleep too much. It looks like I exercise alot, but that is the ONLY movement I get daily, so I am not losing fast because I don't move the rest of the day. I can only be honest about that or I'll be kidding myself. There are big things I need to work on. ...and like Fit's daughter said..."Awareness comes responsibility".

Our thred is friendly and not at all overbearing. Just a little group of people that found a common ground and can relate to each other.

So....log in...and keep us updated! Happy to have ya!

Last edited by THIN TASTES BETTER; 03-26-2010 at 11:37 PM..
Old 03-27-2010, 02:10 PM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Tydreamer! Thin said it beautifully!! Thanks Thin!

Ty, we do seem to have a lot in common. Another site that has been helpful, somewhat, to me is the candida thread....it deals with the symptoms we've caused ourselves to develop by abusing our bodies.

3/26 Friday
B-carbmasters yogurt
S-cheese
L-chicken breast w/spaghetti sauce, green beans
S-a bite of a pc of cake from coworker
D-baked skinless chicken legs covered with crunchy fried onions, celery
S-cocoa almonds

3/27 Sat, still in trace ketosis

B-no carb/high protein Jay Robb protein powder 1/2 scoop in mocha coffee
S-pork chop
L-1/2 apple and Skippy's natural peanut butter

Last edited by Fit2010; 03-27-2010 at 02:17 PM..
Old 03-27-2010, 03:31 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Saturday
started day early....

B- 2 eggs, 4 mini sausage links, crystal lite, coffee
S- Wasabi & soy sauce almonds
L- 2 bf patti's from mcd's, flaxseed burrito with roast lamb...yes, roast lamb! it was 'ok'., water, crystal lite\\
planning for deviled eggs and some more homemade cinnamon toast crunch later...and maybe my lc cocoa.

I fit in the size 12's today!!!!! Still no scale loss 'lately', but another size down. ...so strange.
I started at 16-18 SIXTY THREE days ago.

Last edited by THIN TASTES BETTER; 03-27-2010 at 03:35 PM..
Old 03-27-2010, 04:49 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Thank you for the warm welcome!!

Saturday
B - carbsmart yogurt
S - turkey and s/f jello (I don't usually have a morning snack)
L - ham, cottage cheese, celery, a few almonds
S - Peanut butter, asparagus, pickle
D - meat/cheese/salsa, asparagus, a few more almonds

I'm noticing that when I eat the yogurt for breakfast, I get hungrier a little earlier than if I eat an egg. I LOVE the yogurt tho. Maybe I should save it for an afternoon snack. I'm over my calorie total today at about 775. We had a baby in the house today who ate all day long. While I didn't snack on any of her food (chocolate milk, ice cream, Reece's Puffs cereal, etc.) I did find myself grabbing another almond or eating a few more slices of ham.

Today is not my work out day, but I may get on the treadmill or bike for 30 minutes anyway. It got REALLY cold here (in Kansas) and there's no way I'm going to go outside to work out tonite.

I'm hoping to do better tomorrow. Thanks!!
tydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 04:50 PM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Saturday
started day early....

B- 2 eggs, 4 mini sausage links, crystal lite, coffee
S- Wasabi & soy sauce almonds
L- 2 bf patti's from mcd's, flaxseed burrito with roast lamb...yes, roast lamb! it was 'ok'., water, crystal lite\
planning for deviled eggs and some more homemade cinnamon toast crunch later...and maybe my lc cocoa.

I fit in the size 12's today!!!!! Still no scale loss 'lately', but another size down. ...so strange.
I started at 16-18 SIXTY THREE days ago.
Size 12's!!! Woo hoo!!! I have a whole closet full of size 12's. Maybe some day. CONGRATULATIONS!!
Old 03-27-2010, 04:54 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=Fit2010;13303881]Welcome Tydreamer! Thin said it beautifully!! Thanks Thin!

S-a bite of a pc of cake from coworker

A bite! Good for you! Lets you have a taste and yet you remained in control. If we don't have a little of what we love, we feel too deprived. Yesterday my husband split his tiny little "Bit O Honey" with me!
Old 03-27-2010, 05:45 PM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Tydreamer - it DID get cold didn't it? Started out warmer and then got cooler by noon! That's what happens in KS, the weather is always changing, thus the repeated sinus problems for me. I noticed you're in KS...do you see Dr Cobb in Andover at the MWL clinic? That's where I go.

About the bite of cake...I'd already eaten my lunch and coworkers from another department invited us to their catered in meal so my coworkers brought in platefuls of food that looked so yummy. They each took a bite of the cake and went on and on about it. I was just being polite....NOT! I just wanted it! I shouldn't have taken it. Please don't follow my example. Besides, that's one of those things that I should be avoiding healthwise.

Thin - SO AWESOME about your size 12's!!

D-spaghetti-less spaghetti. (I ate the meat and sauce only).
S-plan to have 1/2 scoop Jay Robb protein in sugarfree cocoa later

Last edited by Fit2010; 03-27-2010 at 05:47 PM..
Old 03-28-2010, 11:42 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

I tried on another size 12 pants and it didn't fit. ;( I wonder if those pants I wore yesterday were just bigger. I don't care. I am not going to try to justify it. They were 12 and I should just be happy with it.

Brunch- 2eggs & bacon, LC Shake, diet soda
Making coffe for the roadtrip to nowhere, like we do every Sunday. The Sunday drive...
I don't mean to rub it in, since you gals are in the cold snap...but the weather is absolutely beautiful here today, blue skys, sunny, around 72...couldn't be better. ...but its been so darn ugly, cold and wet for 5 months and we needed this.
(He is looking at me typing.. this very second, rolling his eyes because he is anxious to head out, hehehe, waa waa boo hoo, hold your horses)

Burger and caprese salad on the menu for later. ..and tea

Last edited by THIN TASTES BETTER; 03-28-2010 at 11:47 AM..
Old 03-28-2010, 01:20 PM   #117
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kmchap
Stats: 208/190/145
WOE: Medi Weight loss
Start Date: First time 03/2010, restart Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
Thin, Fit and Dream,
I want in on this! The three of you really have a great thred here and your support of each other is so strong. I've read all of your posts and can identify with everyone.
Me too I'm almost at the end of week 2, and I just found this site the other day. All the recipes and advice are great. But, the tread you all have started it is exactly what I need. Me and my boyfriend are doing this diet together, but he's not very good at helping me hold myself accountable, etc...

About two years ago I weighed 275lbs and just woke up one day, started counting my calories and exercising, and lost a ton of weight. And just stuck to it. My lowest was 172lb last May. But, these past 7 months have been so hard for me (new job stress) that I got back up to 199lbs. Just couldn't get myself back on track. But, so far this diet is helping me. I feel great again and can't wait to get down to 172lb again and keep going!

So I would love to join your thread, and any advice you want to throw my way, feel free

Sunday:
B- 3 turkey sausage links 110cal 0carb
S- 2ozham/mozzarella string cheese roll 135cal 4carb
L- 3oz tilapia 110cal 0carb and salad/raspberry bliss 35cal 6carb
S- 1/2 serving peanuts 85cal 2.5carb
D- 3 servings eggwhite eggbeaters 75cal 3carb

Haven't exercised yet, but were about to head up there in 15min's. It will be the first time I've exercised since being on this diet (I had a bad cold earlier this week) Planning to do 30min's treadmill and some ab work!
kmchap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:09 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Come on in Chap...the more, the merrier! Yay! A gym member!
Your food is perfect...you are so on the right medi track.
I don't go by the book, so my food won't look medi enough...just an fyi.

Ok, so I just got back from the Sunday drive we stopped at a park and walked the trail, so I got a 'little' exercise.

But I HAVE to tell you what I just ate and how great it was.

I made MOCK potatos.

Just mashed up come boiled cauliflour, added a nice bit of butter, s&p, garlic, sour cream and potato toppings....Sooooo good. The husband HATES cauliflour and he could not believe how good it was.
I love this woe, I miss out on NOTHING!

Ya'll HAVE TO try it.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:29 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

The weather is beautiful in Kansas today. Too windy, but sunny!! I just got back from a mile speed walk and 3 miles on the bike and I am HOT!!

B - 1 egg (cal 75/carb1)
L - ham, salad, beanut butter (cal 175/carb 14)
S - meat and cheese with salsa (cal 200/carb 2)
D - turkey burger (cal 160/carb 0)

Welcome KMCHAP!!
Old 03-28-2010, 10:38 PM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Lea and kmchap~ You're doing great already!

Went to the gym today and worked out arms and legs on circuit, then did abd on mat, then did wonderful stretches on "machine"--I loved it! Met a gal that says I should try to go to the 1:30 Sunday class after church and lunch, and also the 4:30 Wed class. Will be more likely to go since she'll be looking for me. Don't want to commit myself to more than 2 days a wk right now because gym is not in my town....I have to drive at least 13 miles to get to one, so choose to do while I'm already close.

B-1/2 scoop Jay Robb protein powder in coffee, also carbmaster's yogurt
L-2 chicken legs
S-garlic and onion cashews, sampled swiss cheese at Sams
D-chicken breast, broccoli salad
S-3 chocolates (ugh! made up an Easter basket and these three didn't fit in!)