Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2010, 04:06 AM   #751
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
Not that my opinion matters much but I think you're making the right decision. I was in exactly the same position when I couldn't take the 500 calories anymore. Mentally, I needed to transition.

Way to go, Lea! It's such a learning process isn't it? But we're all in it together! I'm proud of you!!!
Erin, I know you were in exactly this same place. Five more pounds. No, I'm done. Well, just maybe 5 more pounds. No, I'm ready to start transition. And then you made a hard and fast decision and moved forward and ended up meeting your goal anyway! It's truly because of the way you struggled and handled this situation that I feel confident about making the decision for myself. I can't get caught up in a "number" on the scale - especially since lowering my goal twice. My mind is ready for this and now I truly believe my body is ready also.

So anyway, yes, Erin, your opinion matters very much indeed. Thanks for helping me feel that I'm making the right decision.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2010, 09:23 AM   #752
Senior LCF Member

One more little tidbit. I weighed 146 this morning. ONE POUND from my ideal goal. And my scale weighs me more than the Medi scale. Maybe by Wednesday I will have TRULY hit my goal anyway!

I feel really happy this morning!
tydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:36 PM   #753
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I am in that boat right with you. I hit the 135lb point now, which was my original goal, but I'm only 5'1 and still have a BMI of 25, plus my legs still have a lot of fat on them (like they rub together when I walk still). So I want to lose some more weight, but just how much is the question. I am thinking at least 125, but maybe even 120? Who knows we'll see when I get there.

On that note, today after church I had to run by my parents house (they are in Hawaii) to help them out with something and it was pourinng down rain. My hubby and kids were starving so I ordered a pizza and figured I would find something to eat in their kitchen (my mom is usually a healthy eatter), but because they have been traveling so much lately they had NOTHING. No fruit, no veggies (not even canned), no yogurt, lunch meat..... UGH! So I ended up eatting a peice of pizza because my youngest was napping and I was getting light headed. I know one peice of pizza isn't going to do me in, but tis' still annoying.

So
B- Medi bar
L-1 slice of pizza
S-nothing yet
D- I really don't know yet.... I want to have nothing to make up for my pizza at lunch, but I know that's not good either. I haven't had much protein at all today. So do I eat high protein and not worry that my calories are going to be way over today?
Old 08-08-2010, 03:37 PM   #754
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nance7
Stats: 5'3" 165/125/135 Restart 7/9/12 at 142
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 5/31/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
One more little tidbit. I weighed 146 this morning. ONE POUND from my ideal goal. And my scale weighs me more than the Medi scale. Maybe by Wednesday I will have TRULY hit my goal anyway!

I feel really happy this morning!
Lea, that is just awesome. So happy for you. Isn't it funny how so many of us on here talk about our "original goal" or our "ideal goal"? Maybe we chose those numbers when we thought they were fairly unattainable, and now that we are close, we almost believe that we can go on.

Thanks for commiserating with me yesterday about the digestive issues. Not too many answers, or maybe people are out enjoying the weekend! I did read somewhere on these threads about using 2 Tb. organic apple cider vinegar in warm water, sweetened with Stevia, but I can hardly choke it down. If it has worked for people, I will try to force it down.
Nance7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:54 PM   #755
Senior LCF Member

When I picked out my 135 goal it was because I never dreamed I could actually reach it. I just thought it would be awesome to be in the 130's.......now that I'm here I realize that it's not the right weight for me. And now I KNOW I can reach a lower goal. It's an amazing feeling.
lins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:04 PM   #756
Senior LCF Member

B - egg
L - ham and cheese, cottage cheese, nectarine
S - yogurt, almonds, handful of Fishies, sunflower seeds
D - chicken sausage, spinach salad, apricot, s/f jello with f/f reddi whip

All healthy choices. In fact, it was EASIER to stay "on plan" today knowing I was going to ALLOW myself the extra calories. I'm totally on board with this "transition" phase. I just wish my appointment was tomorrow instead of Wednesday.

Total - 970
Protein - 690

45 minutes on the bike
Old 08-08-2010, 06:07 PM   #757
Senior LCF Member

B--Omelet w/egg substitute, LF cheese, red pepper
L--Carb Master yogurt, almonds
D--Protein pancakes w/blueberries, SF syrup
S--Headed for the PB jar...:blush:

Exercise: Oxycise level 4 DVD
Old 08-08-2010, 07:58 PM   #758
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
B-yogurt w/blueberries (i just started experimenting with fruit, officially)
S-atkins bar
L-none (caught up at work)
S-celery w/pb
D-protein pancake and egg beaters w/cheese
S-almonds

60 minutes on bike
20 min bowflex
crunches
Charlene4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:09 PM   #759
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nance7 View Post
Lea, that is just awesome. So happy for you. Isn't it funny how so many of us on here talk about our "original goal" or our "ideal goal"? Maybe we chose those numbers when we thought they were fairly unattainable, and now that we are close, we almost believe that we can go on.

Thanks for commiserating with me yesterday about the digestive issues. Not too many answers, or maybe people are out enjoying the weekend! I did read somewhere on these threads about using 2 Tb. organic apple cider vinegar in warm water, sweetened with Stevia, but I can hardly choke it down. If it has worked for people, I will try to force it down.
Maybe it's the peanut butter because I, too, have similar digestive issues. I tried to type a reply earlier but I accidentally backspaced and didn't have the patience to re-type. I have tried everything OTC and either gotten no results or TOO MANY, can't go out in public, results. Let me know if you find something that works GENTLY. :blush:
Old 08-09-2010, 06:06 PM   #760
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene4 View Post
Maybe it's the peanut butter because I, too, have similar digestive issues. I tried to type a reply earlier but I accidentally backspaced and didn't have the patience to re-type. I have tried everything OTC and either gotten no results or TOO MANY, can't go out in public, results. Let me know if you find something that works GENTLY. :blush:
OH, NO! I refuse to believe it could be my peanut butter! I'll just keep taking laxatives!

B--cottage cheese, blueberries
S--Medi bar
L--romaine leaf, Miracle Whip Free, deli chicken
S--Carb Master yogurt
D--Chicken, onions, mushrooms
So far....
Old 08-09-2010, 06:16 PM   #761
Senior LCF Member

B-yogurt
L-celery w/pb and LC cheese, veggie dog
S-string cheese
D-protein pancake
S-cottage w/cocoa and pb

will do 45-60 minutes on bike if I don't get any calls (on-call at work)
Old 08-09-2010, 06:45 PM   #762
Senior LCF Member

B- Protein Shake
L- Adkins Bar (we went to a friend's and stayed for lunch, luckily this was in my purse)
S-Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge and 6 grapes
D- Ham and Side Salad

I did some water aerobics with a friend this morning, and I am going to do some weight training as soon as I am done typing this.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:38 PM   #763
Senior LCF Member

B - turkey sausage
L - deli meat and cheese, apple and PB2
S - almonds, yogurt, apricot, cottage cheese
D - salad, blueberries, jello, almonds, peanut butter
S - fudgesicle ice cream bar thing

Total 1380
Protein 975

Bike 30 minutes
Old 08-10-2010, 02:03 PM   #764
Senior LCF Member

B- 2 scrambled eggs
L-protein Bar
S- String Cheese
D- I made a new Mexican dish tonight with chicken, corn and beans, but I am just going to eat the chicken that's in it. Which smells sooooooo yummy. I'll probably have a salad also, or some other veggie.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:13 PM   #765
Senior LCF Member

B-protein shake
S-medi bar (i love the pom/blueberry ones, they're like candy)
L-veggie dog with soy cheese
S-string cheese
D-protein pancake, cottage cheese with about 7 blueberries and splenda
S-SF pudding

Bike for 65 minutes, crunches, 45 minutes of moderate "labor" at work this morning...I always forget that my job is somewhat physical in the mornings and I suppose that SORTA counts as exercise.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:40 AM   #766
Senior LCF Member

B-protein shake
L-tofurky, LC cheese, PB
S-1/2 atkins bar
D-protein shake
S-almonds, cottage cheese (more almonds than I shoulda)

35 min Elliptical, crunches, legs
Old 08-12-2010, 07:47 AM   #767
Senior LCF Member

I ended up running 3 miles last night, I just wanted to add that since I didn't have anything written down

B-Adkins Bar
L-Grilled chicken and lettuce wrap
S- String Cheese
D- Grilled tilapia and asparagus
Old 08-13-2010, 12:43 PM   #768
Senior LCF Member

B-yogurt
s-1/2 atkins bar
l- tofurky, soy cheese
s-cottage cheese/blueberries
d-chikn cutlet salad

30 minutes on bike
Old 08-13-2010, 08:43 PM   #769
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:

Nance, I just saw you post about digestive problems. OMG, I understand it totally. When I was eating everything in my sight - I did not have this constipation problem. The minute I started Medi - I knew I would have this problem because it happened every time I would start limiting fat and calories intake. So I started taking Medi colon cleanse in addition to miralax and it helped for about a couple months. I was so happy. I am still taking it but I think my body is used to it. As I said, I take miralax daily in the mornning and follow with lots of water and most of the time it works. I am so worried that it would stop working and there is nothing else. Also in the past I was also taking amitiza with food. Now it does not seem to work. I have been searching for cure for the past 20 years and no luck. The problem gets worse during any kind of travel. So I needed to use some laxative suppositories when I was away. Do not want to start using them regularly. When one needs to drink this apple cider thing - morning, with food, evening? I am willing to try, if everything else stops working

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
irabeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:06 PM   #770
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post
Nance, I just saw you post about digestive problems. OMG, I understand it totally. When I was eating everything in my sight - I did not have this constipation problem. The minute I started Medi - I knew I would have this problem because it happened every time I would start limiting fat and calories intake. So I started taking Medi colon cleanse in addition to miralax and it helped for about a couple months. I was so happy. I am still taking it but I think my body is used to it. As I said, I take miralax daily in the mornning and follow with lots of water and most of the time it works. I am so worried that it would stop working and there is nothing else. Also in the past I was also taking amitiza with food. Now it does not seem to work. I have been searching for cure for the past 20 years and no luck. The problem gets worse during any kind of travel. So I needed to use some laxative suppositories when I was away. Do not want to start using them regularly. When one needs to drink this apple cider thing - morning, with food, evening? I am willing to try, if everything else stops working
Irabeslim, did you see my later post saying that I confessed to my clinic that I'm taking a laxative tablet a couple of times a week, and they said that it's OK to do that? I was really surprised. They said no more than twice a week, but it's OK.

Anyway, I think that the person who posted the apple cider vinegar solution said to drink it in the morning. Food/no food--not mentioned, that I recall. You might want to search the threads. Maybe put in "apple cider vinegar", rather than constipation. I think that will narrow the results some. I, too, have the problem when I travel. Which suppositories do you use? Thanks for any help!
Old 08-13-2010, 09:29 PM   #771
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Irabeslim, did you see my later post saying that I confessed to my clinic that I'm taking a laxative tablet a couple of times a week, and they said that it's OK to do that? I was really surprised. They said no more than twice a week, but it's OK.

Anyway, I think that the person who posted the apple cider vinegar solution said to drink it in the morning. Food/no food--not mentioned, that I recall. You might want to search the threads. Maybe put in "apple cider vinegar", rather than constipation. I think that will narrow the results some. I, too, have the problem when I travel. Which suppositories do you use? Thanks for any help!
It is called bisacodyl 10 mg suppository - my doctor prescribed it to me. It usually produces results in 15 min to an 1 hour. As with other laxative, you don't want overuse them because they become ineffective over time.
irabeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:44 AM   #772
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
8/13/10
B - carbmaster's yogurt
Late Lunch - turkey breast and green beans
D - 1/2 c low fat cottage cheese and fresh blackberries

Not very hungry today due to overdoing it over vacation. Not changing my stats tonight, but weigh in today was 146, so up 3 lbs from 8 day vacation. It'll be off by next week!

No exercise today -- outdoor temp was 108 degrees!

Last edited by Fit2010; 08-14-2010 at 01:14 AM..
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:41 AM   #773
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post
It is called bisacodyl 10 mg suppository - my doctor prescribed it to me. It usually produces results in 15 min to an 1 hour. As with other laxative, you don't want overuse them because they become ineffective over time.
Thank you!
Old 08-14-2010, 10:45 AM   #774
Senior LCF Member

8/13/10
B-medi bar
s-sugar free chocolate protein bar
l-cottage cheese w/sf strawberry glaze and blueberries
d-egg beaters white and ff cheddar
workout-35 minutes on elliptical and legs (weights), crunches

post workout-protein shake
Old 08-14-2010, 11:13 AM   #775
Major LCF Poster!

Charlene,
You are always eating the tofurky hotdogs and I was curious...tried looking for them at the supercenter grocery yesterday and saw options but not tofurky hotdogs. So, is it a mix of tofu + turkey? I am deciding that I cannot eat most of the tofu products because they include corn of some sort and I think I'm allergic to that . Do you get this from a healthfood store? What brand? (I ask because as I mentioned I'll soon have to probably cut out dairy and even whey in protein products from my diet per my allergist , so I'm looking for other alternatives in protein!)

BTW - I'm down 1 1/2 lbs in the past 24 hours of being home! (Scales this AM 144.5 lbs....I hope to be down 2 more lbs by Monday....have a lot of water drinking to catch up on....hiking and long car rides made for much less than the MWL suggested amount of water ingestion!)

Biked 2 - 2 1/2 miles this AM.

Last edited by Fit2010; 08-14-2010 at 11:16 AM..
Old 08-14-2010, 04:03 PM   #776
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Charlene,
You are always eating the tofurky hotdogs and I was curious...tried looking for them at the supercenter grocery yesterday and saw options but not tofurky hotdogs. So, is it a mix of tofu + turkey? I am deciding that I cannot eat most of the tofu products because they include corn of some sort and I think I'm allergic to that . Do you get this from a healthfood store? What brand? (I ask because as I mentioned I'll soon have to probably cut out dairy and even whey in protein products from my diet per my allergist , so I'm looking for other alternatives in protein!)

BTW - I'm down 1 1/2 lbs in the past 24 hours of being home! (Scales this AM 144.5 lbs....I hope to be down 2 more lbs by Monday....have a lot of water drinking to catch up on....hiking and long car rides made for much less than the MWL suggested amount of water ingestion!)

Biked 2 - 2 1/2 miles this AM.
I love the tofurky products. They have a website which lists their line and ingredients....I believe most of the deli slices that I eat contain a small amount of corn starch. The veggie hot dogs I eat are made by a brand called Yves. I get the tofurky stuff at whole foods stores (I think they have a locator on the site) and the Yves line can usually be found at Kroger in the produce section or of course at whole foods. Yves also makes some good faux pepperoni that is low cal and fairly low carb. Hope that helps. I do know that all tofurky products are vegan so you'd be safe in the dairy area...but corn AND dairy, that would be rough. TVP (textured vegetable protein) is usually made with defatted soy flour and is high in protein and low in calories and carbs too. The brands I eat most of meat substitute products are Quorn, Yves and Tofurky but also occassionally some Morningstar or Boca products (both are more widely available). Hope that helps some.

maintenance
Old 08-14-2010, 04:08 PM   #777
Major LCF Poster!

Great info, Charlene. Thanks a lot! I'm going to print that off so I can look at the products and talk to my allergist about them. It was a Dillons (Kroger) supercenter I was at and I saw a couple Quorn things but didn't know about Yves. I appreciate your help....and your results speak volumes! You are almost to goal, and in such a short time! Good for you!!
Old 08-14-2010, 04:29 PM   #778
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Great info, Charlene. Thanks a lot! I'm going to print that off so I can look at the products and talk to my allergist about them. It was a Dillons (Kroger) supercenter I was at and I saw a couple Quorn things but didn't know about Yves. I appreciate your help....and your results speak volumes! You are almost to goal, and in such a short time! Good for you!!
Thanks, as you know, it's not easy but it's worth it. This plan has really changed my whole outlook on food and I really believe that without this board, I might not have been so successful. It helps to have other people that share your successes and struggles.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:32 PM   #779
Major LCF Poster!

Amen! The support of this LCF board is wonderful...we have great "virtual" friends!
Old 08-15-2010, 07:02 AM   #780
Major LCF Poster!

8-14-10
B - 1/2 c low fat cottage cheese + 1/4 c blackberries
L- salad of spinach/blackberries/strawberries/almonds/chicken thigh & Walden's Honey Dijon drsg
D - Revolution Pure Protein bar
S - Atkins shake

Exercise - biked outside for 2 - 2 1/2 miles

This AM scales = 143.6 lbs