Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2010, 11:52 AM   #631
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Nance - ENT told me to add a drop or two of baby shampoo to the saline solution due to "releasing" properties in the shampoo. I didn't add it today, just couldn't. I use NeilMed irrigation kit from health food store. Nuff said. Yech. Feeling better.

Since you are headachy I hope you're not coming down with something too.

Last edited by Fit2010; 07-23-2010 at 11:53 AM..
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2010, 12:39 PM   #632
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nance7
Stats: 5'3" 165/125/135 Restart 7/9/12 at 142
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 5/31/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Nance - ENT told me to add a drop or two of baby shampoo to the saline solution due to "releasing" properties in the shampoo. I didn't add it today, just couldn't. I use NeilMed irrigation kit from health food store. Nuff said. Yech. Feeling better.

Since you are headachy I hope you're not coming down with something too.
Thanks. I think I'm OK. Better now. Glad you are.

Debbie, when you eat the Pure Protein bars, how many net carbs do you count? for the chocolate peanut butter, in particular?
Nance7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:04 PM   #633
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nance7 View Post
Thanks. I think I'm OK. Better now. Glad you are.

Debbie, when you eat the Pure Protein bars, how many net carbs do you count? for the chocolate peanut butter, in particular?
Great question! I've been curious too but kept forgetting to ask...those sure are good.
Charlene4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:19 PM   #634
Major LCF Poster!

Well, according the the pkg each has 16g carbs and 1g fiber, so net carbs would be 15. It doesn't seem to bother me personally too much though, probably because of how the protein and fat make it stretched out....I don't notice a low glycemic feeling. Remember, I'm NOT you're source...your clinic is. I'm going a little slower (as the signature below indicates). And I'm missing my pure protein bars cuz I'm avoiding the milk products right now with this Cipro, and pure protein bars are made from whey protein which comes from milk.

Getting really windy here and I just took some Tylenol for sinus headache starting up. Can't we just fill up the sinuses with styrofoam and be done with allergies, infections, headaches, etc?!!
Old 07-23-2010, 01:49 PM   #635
Senior LCF Member

Well, according the the pkg each has 16g carbs and 1g fiber, so net carbs would be 15. It doesn't seem to bother me personally too much though, probably because of how the protein and fat make it stretched out....I don't notice a low glycemic feeling.

Somewhere I was reading (Amazon? Pure Protein's website?) said that net carbs were lower than that. Isn't there something about taking off the carbs for sugar alcohols, too? Oh, well, no more carbs for me today! Debbie, I like your idea of eating 1/2 of a bar. That's usually enough to satisfy me. Love your idea of packing the sinuses with styrofoam. Let me know how that works out!

Charlene, I always admire your choices for the day. Imagine doing this program as a vegetarian! You do it so well. How are the Protein Pancakes? I see that you eat them a lot. I bought the ingredients to make them today, and I'm looking forward to them. I adore pancakes/waffles and have a hard time doing without them.

Last edited by Nance7; 07-23-2010 at 01:51 PM..
Old 07-23-2010, 03:02 PM   #636
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Well, according the the pkg each has 16g carbs and 1g fiber, so net carbs would be 15. It doesn't seem to bother me personally too much though, probably because of how the protein and fat make it stretched out....I don't notice a low glycemic feeling.

Somewhere I was reading (Amazon? Pure Protein's website?) said that net carbs were lower than that. Isn't there something about taking off the carbs for sugar alcohols, too? Oh, well, no more carbs for me today! Debbie, I like your idea of eating 1/2 of a bar. That's usually enough to satisfy me. Love your idea of packing the sinuses with styrofoam. Let me know how that works out!

Charlene, I always admire your choices for the day. Imagine doing this program as a vegetarian! You do it so well. How are the Protein Pancakes? I see that you eat them a lot. I bought the ingredients to make them today, and I'm looking forward to them. I adore pancakes/waffles and have a hard time doing without them.
Thanks Nance! That makes me feel good! The protein pancakes are freakin' delicious. It takes a few times to get them just right but once you do, you want them all the time. I use the Walden Farms syrup to make them and on them because it's cheaper and more readily available than the DaVinci. Debbie has created a little craze with those pure protein bars....I usually eat half at a time too because they're so satisfying. I read (can't remember where) that some people react negatively (stall) from sugar alcohols, so they count them. It also said that some people cut them in half and count that number. If I have something with sugar alcohols in it, I usually count half of them as carbs and take it easy on carbs the rest of the day. I also can't buy more than one or two pure protein bars at once cause they're so good, I'm scared to have them in the house. :blush:

maintenance
Old 07-23-2010, 03:52 PM   #637
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
I have two BOXES of those peanut butter Pure Protein bars and I actually had to put them in a cabinet OUT of the kitchen. They are really tempting...

Okay, so now I want the protein pancake recipe. Can someone tell me which thread it's under?

I didn't really have breakfast today so my calories are higher at each meal and tho I had PLANNED on having a "taco salad" tonite, I had a few spoonfuls of that stinkin' chunky peanut butter, so now I'm not going to have the taco salad till tomorrow. The good news on this day? That I was able to STOP eating the peanut butter and feel satisfied. Here's my day:

Meal 1 - pork chop leftovers, cottage cheese, 6 almonds, 6 cherries
Meal 2 - yogurt, more almonds, mini turkey pepperoni - crispy! s/f jello
Meal 3 - 5 more almonds and a few spoonfuls of peanut butter

Total calories probably around 900, protein 800.

I weighed 150.2 this morning so I think I am probably going to start transition this week. I'm completely comfortable with the 800 or so calories a day and I think my body is ready. I just need to be 100% SURE of this decision and I'm not QUITE there yet!
Old 07-23-2010, 03:54 PM   #638
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene4 View Post
I also can't buy more than one or two pure protein bars at once cause they're so good, I'm scared to have them in the house. :blush:
OOPS-I just went to Costco and bought a large box of 3 different kinds, 18 in all! I'll have to go easy (lock them up? ) I haven't found any of the Walden Farms products. I'm going to use a recipe I got from my clinic this week for the protein pancake: 8 oz light cream cheese, 3/4 c. egg substitute, 1/4 c. buttermilk, 2 scoops whey protein shake, 3 tsp Splenda, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. Is that similar to what you do? It makes 10, 91 calories each, 2 g carbs, 8 g protein. I thought I might put the All Fruit-no sugar added-preserves on it. Do they keep OK in the fridge? Gosh, I hope they're not so good that I get carried away!
Old 07-23-2010, 03:59 PM   #639
Senior LCF Member

Lea, the recipe I got from the clinic (above) says to blend it all together in a blender, let sit 5 mins. Heat skillet on med-high and spray w/cooking spray. Pour 1/3 cup of mixture into skillet and cook until brown on one side; flip. I think I originally saw it in the breakfast recipes thread.

Last edited by Nance7; 07-23-2010 at 04:01 PM..
Old 07-23-2010, 04:19 PM   #640
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Lea, the recipe I got from the clinic (above) says to blend it all together in a blender, let sit 5 mins. Heat skillet on med-high and spray w/cooking spray. Pour 1/3 cup of mixture into skillet and cook until brown on one side; flip. I think I originally saw it in the breakfast recipes thread.
Do you use the Medi whey protein or another kind? I want to try the Jay Robb or whoever!!
Thank you!!
tydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:24 PM   #641
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
Do you use the Medi whey protein or another kind? I want to try the Jay Robb or whoever!!
Thank you!!
I use a whey protein that they sell at Trader Joe's, called Designer Whey, 100 cals. per scoop, 3 g carbs. Clinic said it was OK. I've used the Jay Robb, and it's good.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:40 PM   #642
Senior LCF Member

Can you buy the Jay Robb stuff retail or is it something that needs to be ordered online somewhere?
Old 07-23-2010, 05:22 PM   #643
Major LCF Poster!

Lea - PM'd you. How are you girlfriend!? Wow....you're at 60 lbs lost! Can you believe it?
Deb

7/23/10
B - cocoa almonds
S - Kroger bread and butter spear (splenda sweetened in jar - 1 carb/spear)
L - 2 oopsie rolls, 3slices canadian bacon, mustard and horseradish (I don't know how much I like oopsie rolls - chewey and a little eggy)
D - chicken breasts, gaucamole, carb control tortilla

Exercise - alternated jogging 2 mins 45 seconds/walking 60 seconds; 2 episodes of 3 min 45 second and 5 mins jog - 2 miles; also 20 times up an 18" stone retaining wall for gluts
Old 07-23-2010, 06:23 PM   #644
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
I have two BOXES of those peanut butter Pure Protein bars and I actually had to put them in a cabinet OUT of the kitchen. They are really tempting...

Okay, so now I want the protein pancake recipe. Can someone tell me which thread it's under?

I didn't really have breakfast today so my calories are higher at each meal and tho I had PLANNED on having a "taco salad" tonite, I had a few spoonfuls of that stinkin' chunky peanut butter, so now I'm not going to have the taco salad till tomorrow. The good news on this day? That I was able to STOP eating the peanut butter and feel satisfied. Here's my day:

Meal 1 - pork chop leftovers, cottage cheese, 6 almonds, 6 cherries
Meal 2 - yogurt, more almonds, mini turkey pepperoni - crispy! s/f jello
Meal 3 - 5 more almonds and a few spoonfuls of peanut butter

Total calories probably around 900, protein 800.

I weighed 150.2 this morning so I think I am probably going to start transition this week. I'm completely comfortable with the 800 or so calories a day and I think my body is ready. I just need to be 100% SURE of this decision and I'm not QUITE there yet!
The recipe I use was found on here (somewhere) awhile back. It's super easy but just makes one at a time which is super filling and plenty for a meal.
-1 serving of protein powder (I use Aria Soy/whey blend in vanilla which requires two scoops)
-1/4c egg whites (kroger brand egg beaters)
-2 tbsp Walden Farms syrup (or syrup of choice)
-cinnamon to taste/splenda (i also use apple pie spice sometimes)
-couple drops of vanilla extract (or whatever type I feel like)
Mix it all up.

I use a small skillet (perfect size for one pancake), spray with Pam or I can't believe it's not butter spray, heat it up before putting the mix in and then cook on med-high til one side gets "firm" and then flip it (carefully) and cook the other side. My first few attempts were messy but tasted ok....I've perfected it now and get fluffy (as fluffy as something like this can be), moist pancakes.

Nutritional info for my version:
Calories- 110
Fat-1g
Protein-19g
Carbs-4g (i count one for the egg even though the box says zero)

I am totally addicted to these. SOmetimes I use banana extract or experiment with different spices and have even made a chocolate one by adding chocolate protein powder instead of my usual vanilla. I have tried other brands of powder to make them but find that the Aria works best for me...plus, it adds the least calories.

Here's the original recipe I used (found it) from Suzanna1:
My protein pancake and muffin recipes are not perfected, but this is what I do...

Muffins - 1 scoop protein powder, 2T DaVinci Syrup, 1/4 teaspoon spray butter, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, and 1 pack of artificial sweetner. Mix in a small bowl (add a bit of water if needed) and microwave for 1 minute. Usually a little spongy, but I cut it in half and smear with sf jelly.

Pancakes - similar recipe - 1 scoop protein powder, 2 T DaVinci Syrup, 1/4 cup egg whites, artificial sweetner, cinnamon - spray pan with Pam & cook.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:09 PM   #645
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you for the recipes! I need to find the Walden Farms syrup.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:13 PM   #646
Senior LCF Member

B-Omelet w/egg beaters, 1/8 c. LF cheese, 1 1/2 turkey sausage
L-Pure Protein Bar
D-2 Protein pancakes (yum--recipe above--good with the cream cheese included) w/SF cherry preserves

No exercise. :blush:
Old 07-24-2010, 03:20 AM   #647
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
The recipe I use was found on here (somewhere) awhile back. It's super easy but just makes one at a time which is super filling and plenty for a meal.
-1 serving of protein powder (I use Aria Soy/whey blend in vanilla which requires two scoops)
Mix it all up.

I use a small skillet (perfect size for one pancake), spray with Pam or I can't believe it's not butter spray, heat it up before putting the mix in and then cook on med-high til one side gets "firm" and then flip it (carefully) and cook the other side. My first few attempts were messy but tasted ok....I've perfected it now and get fluffy (as fluffy as something like this can be), moist pancakes.

Nutritional info for my version:
Calories- 110
Fat-1g
Protein-19g
Carbs-4g (i count one for the egg even though the box says zero)

I am totally addicted to these. SOmetimes I use banana extract or experiment with different spices and have even made a chocolate one by adding chocolate protein powder instead of my usual vanilla. I have tried other brands of powder to make them but find that the Aria works best for me...plus, it adds the least calories.

Here's the original recipe I used (found it) from Suzanna1:
My protein pancake and muffin recipes are not perfected, but this is what I do...

Muffins - 1 scoop protein powder, 2T DaVinci Syrup, 1/4 teaspoon spray butter, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, and 1 pack of artificial sweetner. Mix in a small bowl (add a bit of water if needed) and microwave for 1 minute. Usually a little spongy, but I cut it in half and smear with sf jelly.

Pancakes - similar recipe - 1 scoop protein powder, 2 T DaVinci Syrup, 1/4 cup egg whites, artificial sweetner, cinnamon - spray pan with Pam & cook.

I usually add 1/4 c of fresh blueberry to the pancake batter - it comes out so good! I became addicted to pancakes too. Did not have a good success with muffins though. They came out looking and tasting strange.
irabeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:36 PM   #648
Major LCF Poster!

You all don't know how wonderful this all sounds...and I'm not a huge pancake fan! But these are PROTEIN! Unfortunately it's with whey protein and I have to wait til antibiotic course is finished to try them.

Today I was reading Dr Bernstein's book Diabetic Solution because looking ahead to maintenance/wellness I'll have to work to keep from eating bread, grains, rice, potatoes, pastas, flour due to my insulin resistance to prevent the inevitable (otherwise) type 2 diabetes. So, the thought of protein pancakes is a nice alternative I can eat the rest of my life! I'll also be limiting so much fruit, but in these ways maybe it will be ok, to add sweetness to a "pancake"!

7/24/10
B - Today I just couldn't stand my "milk" restriction from the antibiotic and ate 1/2 of vanillar carbmaster yogurt with nonsweetened applesauce and 1/4 c walnuts, nutmeg and cinnamon....tried heating it. Probably would have been better cold!
L-Jank Link beef steak jerky, diet Sprite

Last edited by Fit2010; 07-24-2010 at 12:38 PM..
Old 07-24-2010, 02:10 PM   #649
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Debbie, hang in there. I can't imagine not eating dairy. I live on cheese, yogurt, protein shakes, sf pudding/ice cream, etc. I'll bet you'll drop several pounds from cutting it out though.
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:18 PM   #650
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Erin! Just in the past 2 days I've been stretching out my eating because of the nausea and lack of food choices (without the milk) and feeling my tummy GROWL again for the first time in a while. It's not happy! Oh well, this too shall pass!
Old 07-24-2010, 05:11 PM   #651
Senior LCF Member

B - egg, celery and laughing cow cheese
L - deli meat/cheese, jello, almonds, okra
S - beef tips
D - lean hamburger meat, shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa "taco" salad, yogurt, almonds

1130 calories
920 protein

45 minutes on the bike
Old 07-24-2010, 05:15 PM   #652
Major LCF Poster!

I'm following you Lea!

D - 1/2 of oopsie roll (I even toasted it--no, I'm done with these things I think!) Guacamole 2 Tbsp, 7 cocoa almonds
S - rainier cherries - the last of them! (Man I want some protein....with milk in it! Guess I'll eat some more cocoa almonds instead, not interested in meat right now--slight nausea)

Exercise - none
Old 07-24-2010, 06:07 PM   #653
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: txntv
Stats: 5'5" 169.5/131/140
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: March 25, 2010
Quote:
Mix it all up.
You mix the WFarms pancake syrup in the batter rather than add it on after cooking?

Thanks for sharing.
txntv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:43 PM   #654
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txntv View Post
You mix the WFarms pancake syrup in the batter rather than add it on after cooking?

Thanks for sharing.
Yes, I mix it in the mixture and put it on the pancake (only a little) after
Old 07-24-2010, 08:47 PM   #655
Senior LCF Member

Crazy day....a few more to come

B-Protein shake
L-Medi bar
S-5 slices of cheeses (little snackie size slices), 5 blueberries (at an art show)....I was starving and it was that or brownie and cookies
D-(ate out) BIG plate of romaine/spinach/cucumbers with FF italian with 2 HB eggs on top, cheese and afterwards some sugar free fruity mousse. Too many carbs for me but not the worst thing I could have chosen.

40 minutes on elliptical plus a not stop, busy day
Old 07-25-2010, 04:39 PM   #656
Senior LCF Member

B - Medi friendly pancake
L - Atkins bar, ham and cheese, cottage cheese, cherries, almonds
S - almonds, cherries, okra
D - "taco" salad, jello, hebrew national hotdog and ONE teaspoon peanut butter

1195 calories
1000 protein

35 minutes on the bike

Back to work tomorrow after nearly two weeks off. Boo hoo for me!
Old 07-25-2010, 07:16 PM   #657
Major LCF Poster!

7-25-10
B - celery and natural PB w/flaxseed
L - egg/egg beaters/2 slices canadian bacon/smidge of cheddar cheese omelet
D - 2 chicken sausages and sauerkraut
S - nectarine

Exercise - Alternated jog 2 mins 45 sec/60 mins walk for 35 mins, of it also jogged 11 mins 15 seconds straight up and down "hilly incline" (Had planned for 2min 45 sec two in a row, but just kept adding to it! I'm so excited!)
Old 07-25-2010, 08:30 PM   #658
Senior LCF Member

b-CM yogurt
S-string cheese
L-1 tbsp peanut butter
S-string cheese
D-lots of salad (too much) again with egg and cheese, cottage cheese, FF italian dressing

elliptical- 30 minutes
washed car by hand
intense cleaning at work for 90 minutes
Old 07-25-2010, 08:33 PM   #659
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Crazy day....a few more to come

B-Protein shake
L-Medi bar
S-5 slices of cheeses (little snackie size slices), 5 blueberries (at an art show)....I was starving and it was that or brownie and cookies
D-(ate out) BIG plate of romaine/spinach/cucumbers with FF italian with 2 HB eggs on top, cheese and afterwards some sugar free fruity mousse. Too many carbs for me but not the worst thing I could have chosen.

40 minutes on elliptical plus a not stop, busy day
On the plus side...I looked on the website for the nutritional info on the "fruity SF mousse" that I ate last night and to my surprise, it had only 40 calories and 4 carbs a serving....I ate about two servings....I thought I had done myself in with that one. I have eaten way more than my two cups of veggies the last couple days....I have a nasty "salad tummy"...I look 3 months pregnant with a lettuce and ff italian dressing baby. :blush:
Old 07-26-2010, 08:15 AM   #660
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
7-25-10
B - celery and natural PB w/flaxseed
L - egg/egg beaters/2 slices canadian bacon/smidge of cheddar cheese omelet
D - 2 chicken sausages and sauerkraut
S - nectarine

Exercise - Alternated jog 2 mins 45 sec/60 mins walk for 35 mins, of it also jogged 11 mins 15 seconds straight up and down "hilly incline" (Had planned for 2min 45 sec two in a row, but just kept adding to it! I'm so excited!)
ELEVEN MINUTES STRAIGHT????????? Wow. I'm really impressed!