Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2010, 08:21 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MEDIMIMI
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: Starting over 1/29/10
Survey for maintainers

I am really struggling today and think hearing success will motivate me. I am trying to do this sans AS, and I feel like I am starving myself to death. I woke up last night with hunger pains, had an EAS shake and went back to sleep. The hunger is making me batty. I did not feel it last time on the program, cuz I took the AS, but this time I really just feel icky.

Anyone make it to maint w/o using the AS?

How long did it take you to lose the weight & how much have you lost?

How long have you successfully kept off the weight?

Any backslide or trip ups on the way? How did you get back on the horse?

HOw many calories do you eat a day in maint?

How often do you exercise?
MEDIMIMI is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2010, 04:19 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tracy_d
Stats: 5'7'' 191.5/150.5/150 now on maintenance
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: June 8, 2009
MEDIMIMI

ADVICE:
try eating actual meat as much as possible and limit the protein shakes - they are only liquid after all. I used the medi shake mix earlier on and added flax seeds to the mix to make it bulkier. It filled me up better and lasted longer than the EAS shakes. Cheese is also a life saver- low in calories, but has a good source of protein.

ANSWERS:
Anyone make it to maint w/o using the AS? took AS until Maintenance but have gone back to acute phase a couple times after the holidays

How long did it take you to lose the weight & how much have you lost? four months to lose 40 pounds

How long have you successfully kept off the weight? only 4 months so far

Any backslide or trip ups on the way? How did you get back on the horse? yes some slips in maintenance (over indulgences)- wen back to week one menu for a few days to get my mind back on track

HOw many calories do you eat a day in maint? 1400-1600

How often do you exercise? 6-7 days a week

Hope I was helpful. I know I am not too experienced with maintenance. Stick it out- you can do this!!
tracy_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:56 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: IAmReady!
Stats: 5'9"-234/181.5/165
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 10/22/09
I have been on Medi since 10/22/09. I have lost 37 lbs to date. I take the AS now but only one per day and only on days I'm home with kids or cooking. I didn't take the AS for the first 2 months and did OK without. My doctor OK'ed it so I got a script filled but haven't even finished one script yet. I like the EAS shakes too but not using as much as I did in the beginning. I also empty the premade chocolate ones into my 'magic bullet' along with 1 TBS ground flax and 4 ice cubes. Love it! I find that days I do best and do not feel like I need the AS are when I have 2 eggs and 2 slices turkey bacon for breakfast, whole can of tuna with celery and little mayo for lunch and decent portion of some sort of meat for dinner (chicken, meatloaf, steak...) along with small portion or cooked veggies and a small salad. I really am not hungry! It amazes me! It when I start snacking on nuts (which I do too often) and other little things then I find I start getting more hungry.

Its hard! No doubt! Especially because I'm not a big meat lover. But it works and anytime I try to veer too far from the full protein meals I start snacking more and not losing as much! Good luck. I don't like taking the AS and since I went so long in the beginning without I try not to take too much now. I kind of feel like the clinic pushes them on me and wants to me to be more regular or even double up when I'm hungry but I really only take 2-4 per week. I'm happy with my weight loss and I think its at a pretty healthy rate. I gained and lost the same 5 lbs the previous 3 years at WW. This is actually working for me!

Good luck!
IAmReady! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fit2b55
Stats: 218/211/178
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 6/24/09-Maintenance 10/12/09!!: RESTART 5/27/14
Ok-lost 40 lbs in 4 months. Maintained within 2 lbs for 4 months. No backslides and that includes having wine, cheese and chocolate...you CAN have it ALL in maintenance if you are smart and balance a day's consumption properly. I walk 3 to 5 days a week about 3.5 miles. I lift one day a week for 45 minutes. This has been the EASIEST weight loss program EVER and the maintenance is a snap! This WOE works for ME!!

I quit AS about halfway through my program at the 2 month mark. Only took half the suggested dose from the beginning so I still have about a 4 month supply of AS leftover as I kept picking it up at clinic. Two reasons-they were charging me $70 a week and providing basically nothing beyond a weigh in and a shot-the accountability was good for me but once I understood the program, I could have done it alone with the help of this board. But I took the AS...as I was "paying" for it. Second reason, thinking I needed the AS like a crutch...I didn't and you don't...it's all psychological after the initial physiological change in consumption!! You are probably almost through it...just need to reset your thought process to say YES I CAN!!

This is a SHORT TERM life change in eating whether the term is a few months or a year or more. It works! It also does a wonderful job of FIXING metabolic issues created by other diets or lack of diets.

It's not easy...nothing worth having is...but if you want to lose weight and MAINTAIN it..this program is one of the best!! I saw your note that said you are leaving the program again. I hope you find the WOE that works for you, your budget and your lifestyle. For the current LOSERS on the board, stick with it!! This is THE ONE THAT WORKS!! El

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDIMIMI View Post
I am really struggling today and think hearing success will motivate me. I am trying to do this sans AS, and I feel like I am starving myself to death. I woke up last night with hunger pains, had an EAS shake and went back to sleep. The hunger is making me batty. I did not feel it last time on the program, cuz I took the AS, but this time I really just feel icky.

Anyone make it to maint w/o using the AS?

How long did it take you to lose the weight & how much have you lost?

How long have you successfully kept off the weight?

Any backslide or trip ups on the way? How did you get back on the horse?

HOw many calories do you eat a day in maint?

How often do you exercise?
fit2b55 is offline   Reply With Quote